Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,354)

Showing posts 47,061 - 47,080 of65,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

I can't handle most handshakes given the perverse vibes radiating from most people. These "toxic" handshakes leave me ill and shaky for hours. My body has become very sensitive to the play of the forces.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

MATH:

m men and n women are to be seated in a row so that no 2 women sit together. If m greater than n, then show that the number of ways in which they can be seated is: m!(m + 1)!/(m - n +1)!

(IIT JEE, 1993, 2 marks)

SOLUTION:

Consider m men only.

These m men can be seated in a row in mPm ways = m! ways.

Now, corresponding to any one arrangement of these m men, there are (m + 1) places for n women to occupy, so that no two women sit together.

This can be done in (m+1)Pn ways.

So, by the fundamental theorem, the required number of ways in which m men and n women can be seated in a row so that no two women sit together is:

m! x (m+1)Pn, m greater than n.

= m! x (m+1)!/(m+1-n)!

= m!(m+1)!/(m-n+1)!........prove n.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

QUESTION:

Prove that if each of m points in one straight line be joined to each of n in another by straight lines terminated by the points, then the lines will intersect mn/4 (m -1)(n -1) times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

MATH:

Find the sum of all numbers greater than 10000 formed by using the digits 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 with no digit being repeated in any number.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

MATH:

If a and b are the roots of the equation x^2 + px + q = 0 and y and d are the roots of the equation x^2 + rx + s = 0, evaluate (a - y)(a - d)(b - y)(b - d) in terms of p, q, r and s. Deduce the condition that the equations have a common root.

(IIT JEE, 1975, 5 MARKS)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Bye.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I can't handle most handshakes given the perverse vibes radiating from most people. These "toxic" handshakes leave me ill and shaky for hours. My body has become very sensitive to the play of the forces.
Body condoms are the best solution

Or the boy in the plastic bubble
http://www.google.com/imgres...
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
False, libertarians believe in non-aggression
So do I and you'd probably call me a liberal.

"Support the warrior, if not the war."
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless as I believe someone here pointed out, the 16th amendment was never ratified, Bill Benson has physical evidence on that fact.
Horeshxt:

Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_Si...

ps....Who's Bill Benson? And since when do you care about physical evidence?(Think: climate change, 9/11)
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can give me facts that the constitution and code are applicable to me I'll turn over some gold.
Who asked for your gold?

How much do you have?

I'm tracking your IP address as we speak...
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring dude to dude of course
Lets be real about this - How many straight men call their friends "sweetie"?
True that. Probably only as a joke.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
There is that mid range of being attractive enough for society but not one's personal cup of tea. That helps keep things tamped down.
And then there are a few women who although I initally wanted, I was rebuffed,and then over time in the course of a friendship I realized how much of a nut case or nut situation she was, and that no sex would of EVER been worth the mess and the hassle or the soap opera. That tames the Johnson like nothing else!
You're so GD reasonable - how could I disagree?!

But still......my mind keeps going there..:))

I know what you mean though about the "Fatal Attraction" type chicks. Things can definitely be more trouble than it was ever worth.

You think about Bill Clinton and how he could risk so much for so little. Happens all the time. Compromised judgment. Big brain vs little brain etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so GD reasonable - how could I disagree?!
But still......my mind keeps going there..:))
I know what you mean though about the "Fatal Attraction" type chicks. Things can definitely be more trouble than it was ever worth.
You think about Bill Clinton and how he could risk so much for so little. Happens all the time. Compromised judgment. Big brain vs little brain etc.
Probably because Bill either had the personality or the money to avoid the ramifications. Us normal working Joes are not that gifted or fortunate, and we have to live where we excrete. I think that is a big difference between me and Bill.

Re: reasonable - been writing a lot for work...

There are still women that I have know as friends for years that I still want to shtup - not to worry

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I had my fair share of bizarro experiences during the dawn of internet dating.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Conspiracy theorists flummoxed in face of actual scandals

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/conspiracy_th...

"...For some of Obama’s biggest and most imaginative critics, the abundance of scandal stinks to high heaven and suggests the White House is intentionally downing itself in controversy — for some reason. Jon Stewart predicted the IRS scandal would confirm every anti-Obama conspiracy theory out there, but instead, Michele Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones smell a rat about the scandals, themselves (call it a meta-conspiracy).

They seem to have gotten so good at scandal alchemy that they don’t know what to do when someone hands them solid gold. When handed a real conspiracy, they instead are building a new conspiracy on top of it that dismissies the old one..."
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Conspiracy theorists flummoxed in face of actual scandals...

...For some of Obama’s biggest and most imaginative critics, the abundance of scandal stinks to high heaven and suggests the White House is intentionally downing itself in controversy — for some reason. Jon Stewart predicted the IRS scandal would confirm every anti-Obama conspiracy theory out there, but instead, Michele Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones smell a rat about the scandals, themselves (call it a meta-conspiracy).

They seem to have gotten so good at scandal alchemy that they don’t know what to do when someone hands them solid gold. When handed a real conspiracy, they instead are building a new conspiracy on top of it that dismissies the old one.

In an interview with WorldNetDaily — so we already know it’s going to be good — Bachmann said she thought the Obama administration intentionally released embarrassing news about the IRS targeting the Tea Party in some kind of elaborate Wag the Dog-style plot to distract from Benghazi:

Bachmann said the IRS announcement of misbehavior was intended to provoke conservatives and draw their anger and attention.

“I was in that Benghazi hearing,” she told WND.“I think the Obama administration is desperate to spin Benghazi, and they can’t. I think they saved this story up for a day like today so that conservatives would focus on this admission.”

It won’t work, she insisted.

“Conservatives can handle two shocking stories at the same time,” she said.“Both are equally unconstitutional and call into question the very president.”

This makes no sense, even for Bachmann. Why would the White House want to trade a 70 percent bogus scandal for a 70 percent real one? And if they did want to distract from Benghazi, there has to be a better way than manufacturing negative information about yourself. This is a bit like a child intentionally peeing himself to “distract” his classmates from the fact that his pants just fell down....

Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I and you'd probably call me a liberal.
"Support the warrior, if not the war."
Oh no my friend, you believe in aggression.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Conspiracy theorists flummoxed in face of actual scandals
"...For some of Obama’s biggest and most imaginative critics, the abundance of scandal stinks to high heaven and suggests the White House is intentionally downing itself in controversy — for some reason. Jon Stewart predicted the IRS scandal would confirm every anti-Obama conspiracy theory out there, but instead, Michele Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones smell a rat about the scandals, themselves (call it a meta-conspiracy).
They seem to have gotten so good at scandal alchemy that they don’t know what to do when someone hands them solid gold. When handed a real conspiracy, they instead are building a new conspiracy on top of it that dismissies the old one..."
I posted blindly.

You had it covered.

You can't make this stuff up.

These people are truly nuts.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to cite only generally accepted credible sources. The NYTimes has their ups and downs, but their biggest transgression to date (the run-up to the Iraq war) was a sin of ommission leading to bias, which is a RADICALLY different animal than the Alex Jones stuff that is posted daily, and one that has be publicly addressed. OTOH Alex Jones routinely does not use reputably acceptable sources, and many of the stories are not independently corroborated.
As of my other criticism of you....often you just post one liners and talking points that really dont address the issue at hand (usually because you refuse to read the fundamental discussion).
That's a critique of IRRELEVANCE more than an attack on the validity of the source.
Think about this.
Yes and salon which you frequently cite is never known to be bias.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
....There are still women that I have know as friends for years that I still want to shtup - not to worry
Good. Glad to hear it.

Healthy and normal.

That goes for Huggy too - only with his men friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,061 - 47,080 of65,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Zap Brannigan 96,063
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,033,020
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min wojar 167,445
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,015
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min Silly times 4,025
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Brian_G 42,951
Abby 4-17 3 hr RACE 23
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance