Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,140
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52407 May 14, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Hugh,
Everything originates from one reality, or in other words everything in existence is a graded manifestation of a single, self-existent, self-contained source.
The subjects listed by you above belong to the lower reaches of the mind and as such they're not to be taken seriously and should be used in a constructive manner for the little worth they have which means that each subject listed above has its little uses and serious limitations.
Don't expect to find truth in inferences, numbers, surmises and hazy physical facts. The truth is far vaster and profounder.
Those subjects that you've mentioned above are mere surface effects of deeper causes.
Math (my favorite subject), languages, medicine and the like have far more utility in the ordinary life than religion which in most cases is an exercise in perversity, irrationality, myopia, ignorance and fanaticism.
Remember, all truth is fact but all fact is not truth.
Above all, act with caution, very great caution, when dealing with the religious teachings that are either mumbo jumbo or unbridled fanaticism.
Choose wisely.
I have chosen love.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52408 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a comment today that said Libertarians are just Republicans without money.
Yeah, that's pretty close to my line on them:

Republicans who don't want to pay their taxes.

Sounds like ATF.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52409 May 14, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for facts that the constitution and law is applicable to me and you said don't pay and they will put you in a cage, that some how makes it legitimate for you .
To date you have not provided any facts .
I don't think I said that is what makes it legitimate, simply that is what will happen if you don't pay.

Do you know what charge they eventually got to stick against Al Capone? Tax evasion.

I said you should consult an attorney.

Good luck. I hear they bill in 6-minute increments. Oy.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52410 May 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what charge they eventually got to stick against Al Capone? Tax evasion.
The IRS also went after the NAACP during the Bush years. Oh, the outrage....
former res wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck. I hear they bill in 6-minute increments. Oy.
Come to me. I may be cheaper. I only bill out on 15 minute increments.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52411 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice of words are beyond what is considered noremal
You scream GAY GAY GAY from the interior of your soul
Just surf with it.
My guess is that you have never been called sweetie or its equivalent by your mother. If I am wrong, was she GAY when she used it?

Location hidden

#52412 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that you have never been called sweetie or its equivalent by your mother. If I am wrong, was she GAY when she used it?
Just get with the flow

Most gay people I know feel relieved once they get outta the closet.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52413 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Keep in mind that I have known you people for years and so there is a level of comfort with how I express myself but do not take it to mean that I have joined your gay club.
Does this mean that we won't be taking long hot showers together anytime soon?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52414 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

I have chosen love.
Fine.

Now, here's the yogic explanation:

Love lies within the realm of dualism.

Wherever there's love, its opposite, hate, is always present with each attempting to justify its position and to dominate the play of the forces. The opposites are juxtaposed.

This perpetual dual movement of alternating love and hate sessions leads to mood swings, fetishes, envy, egoism and prejudices that exacerbate the wear and tear mechanism and accelerates the dislocation of the various planes and parts of being.

Even the purest love is not independent of its contradiction which is pure hate.

Causing hate to dwindle or to enter a dormant state under the impact of pure love does not get rid of hate except for making it temporarily quiescent.

Hate springs into re-manifestation given the right conditions.

So, the seed of hate always remains intact though in latent form.

To access the purest form of love, the awakened psychic will have to ascend to the plane of the overmind - the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th planes.

The pure overmental love in its descending mode is modified by the movements of the lower planes through which it filters through and so the pure love that comes down into the human equivalents of mind and vital are great diminutions of the highest love of the overmental. And mixed with this contracted human love are lust, possessiveness, jealousy and egoism which can then easily be overcome by hatred - the opposite of love.

The aim is to rise above the overmind and as such to ascend to an supra-over-mental plane where the opposites are completely unified and so they're not free to exhibit their individual traits.

In this unified poise of the opposites, that's only possible in the supramental planes and beyond, the entire universe appears a harmonious whole pulsating with one unified vibration fulfilling the truth of nature and being under every condition with the contradictions disappearing and with it wear and tear, dislocation and decomposition.

It is here in the supramental that the higher nondual consciousness and the higher gnosis get manifested....

and more....

Location hidden

#52415 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Keep in mind that I have known you people for years and so there is a level of comfort with how I express myself but do not take it to mean that I have joined your gay club.
There are people I have known for years as well. That doesnt mean I have an urge to shove my tongue down their throat.

Location hidden

#52416 May 14, 2013
HUGH:

HughBe - As a man thinks, so is he.

1) How do thoughts mould personality?

2) How potent are our thoughts?

3) Why do thoughts act on matter (body)? Or do they?

4) How do you reconcile mind with matter from your theological perspective?

5) Is there any mention of mind, vital and matter and their interactions in your scripture given the fact that the Bible begins and ends with the life-force?

6) Is there any reference to the supramental planes of consciousness in the Bible?

7) Is there any mention of the unified field of consciousness, energy and matter in the Bible given the fact that the only tangibles in existence are consciousness, energy and matter and as such what is meant by the term spirit?

8) What is soul? Is it different from the self?

9) How would one get into direct contact with say the 4th plane of existence in the cosmic hierarchy?

Thank you.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52417 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people I have known for years as well. That doesnt mean I have an urge to shove my tongue down their throat.
NONE of them?!!

Do you think a man can be friends with a woman, without
thinking fairly often about doing her (assuming she isn't
butt ugly)?

Not so much in my experience.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52418 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS also went after the NAACP during the Bush years. Oh, the outrage....
<quoted text>
Come to me. I may be cheaper. I only bill out on 15 minute increments.
Yes, I heard about the NAACP. This is why we should care.
Could go (and has gone) either way. Even of there was no GOP
outrage at the time, and there wasn't.
Voluntarist

United States

#52420 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont shoot the messenger. I didnt write the article
The funny thing is that I would think you would agree with it. It basically says while the IRS wastes time on a wild goose chase persecuting people who really have no significant assets, they purposely ignore the large rich Super Pacs which are the real problem in society.
I can only guess you didnt read the article. Do you have ADD by any chance?
why not? you shoot the messenger all of the time.
Voluntarist

United States

#52421 May 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like ATF.
False, libertarians believe in non-aggression
Voluntarist

United States

#52422 May 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"Seizure" means "taking by force."
Taxation has been explained to you.
Same with the form of gov't we have.
You're making a straw argument.
Regardless as I believe someone here pointed out, the 16th amendment was never ratified, Bill Benson has physical evidence on that fact.
Voluntarist

United States

#52423 May 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like ATF.
As soon as you can give me facts that the constitution and code are applicable to me I'll turn over some gold.

Location hidden

#52424 May 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE of them?!!
butt ugly)?
I was referring dude to dude of course

Lets be real about this - How many straight men call their friends "sweetie"?
Voluntarist

United States

#52425 May 14, 2013
The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups
applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election
released nine pending confidential applications of conservative
groups to ProPublica late last year… In response to a request for
the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the
Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or
documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not
yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made
public.(We made six of those public, after redacting their
financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#52426 May 15, 2013
HUGH:

Given the barrage of accusations and expletives directed at you concerning your sexual orientation, it's made me wonder if you're sexually attracted to me?

I still remember your invite to shower with you made years ago....

(smiles)

Location hidden

#52428 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
butt ugly)?
Yes.

There is that mid range of being attractive enough for society but not one's personal cup of tea. That helps keep things tamped down.

And then there are a few women who although I initally wanted, I was rebuffed,and then over time in the course of a friendship I realized how much of a nut case or nut situation she was, and that no sex would of EVER been worth the mess and the hassle or the soap opera. That tames the Johnson like nothing else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min DBWriter 1,128,969
Abby 10-30 27 min PEllen 6
Amy 10-30 30 min Sublime1 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min Always Smile 4,813
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min PEllen 98,529
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Chicagoan by Birth 179,640
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Poof1 50,750
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]