Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,133
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52279 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile GE pays zero taxes, thats ok go after political enemies.
GE followed the tax code and did nothing wrong.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/04/warren-ge-pa...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52280 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Not sure where these people are vis a vis evasion vs aversion - but "movement" suggests to me evasion, "central idea" could mean aversion, and "varying degrees" leaves room for both.
Frijoles---"movement " suggests to me(Frijoles) EVASION

HughBe--- Thank you for your forthright opinion.

It explains, to me, the existence of the various MOVEMENTS in Judaism e.g. " All of the Orthodox MOVEMENTS are very similar in their observance and beliefs, differing only in the details that are emphasized. "

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

former res

Cheshire, CT

#52281 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I am still grappling with this issue to see if it is an outrage or not. Its hard to take the rightwing seriously with all the smoke they are blowing on all fronts.
I know, like the little boy who cried wolf.

And...you know....even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I bet that even ATF says something smart here and there. But probably not Huggybear.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52282 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you credit for creative thinking.
And I accept your reversal/self-correction on the issue!
Honest mistake. Probably some lefty blathering on NPR planted the seed.
:))
Former---I accept your(Frijoles) reversal/self-correction on the issue!

HughBe--- REVERSALS and unacknowledged self-corrections are typical of dear Frijoles.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52283 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"opposition to taxation". Is that aversion or evasion? who knows?
I'm opposed to the marijuana laws but only rarely partake!

:)

..mostly law-abiding to due to cheapness....it got real expensive since I was a teen...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52284 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
Huggy -
Hope you had a good Mother's Day.
I would have gotten you red roses if I could have.
xo
Former---Hope you had a good Mother's Day.

HughBe--- Thanks, I actually had a splendid day.

Former---I would have gotten you red roses if I could have.

HughBe--- 1. I know, the heart is willing but the pocket is weak. Such is the case when you are too pauperized.

2. I see that you are still having problems with gender identification and so you are still thinking that males are females. This challenge explains your sexual appetite.

Please always remember that I am MALE and it was NOT Father's Day.

Former---xo

HughBe--- The compound is cause for concern I am not one of your fellows, Frijoles and Eric are. I accept love but give the two to your fellow fellows.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52285 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, like the little boy who cried wolf.
And...you know....even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I bet that even ATF says something smart here and there. But probably not Huggybear.
Former--I bet that even ATF says something smart here and there. But probably not Huggybear.

HughBe--- Indeed as for me, it is not "here and there" it is continuously.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#52286 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
These same people denying the truth will be eventually saying "so what, the war was necessary" .
Just like The Gulf of Tonkin was staged, the government apologists always claim that it was necessary.
rabbee: i fear you are giving all your false g-ds, way too much credit for staging that. just in case you cannot figure out, WHO TheReal G-D is, giving america hell too. even if it has been a kinder gentler hell, than other nations. and using us, to give them all hell too.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#52287 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about the IRS "targeting" the Tea Party? Do you think it is ethical or not?
rabbee: if you try to throw a frog, in a pan of boiling water. it will most definatly, try to jump out. but if you put it in, a pan of ambient water. and slowly raise the corrupt temperature, it gets all comfy and warm. and yet all you frogs, still warm and comfy feel nothing is wrong. we did not get, near the boiling point with the deficit over-night. and slow to tyrannical change, is more dangerous to america than rapid changes.

and one of the trademarks of tyrany, is the suppression of all other ways to thinking but theirs. what are the dangers, of having an all democrat, or republican congress, executive, and supreme court? a two or more party governement is part, of the checks and balances too.
Voluntarist

United States

#52288 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"tax resistence" sounds like evasion to me.
Is GE guilty of tax resistence by conspiring with its accountants to pay zero tax?
Voluntarist

United States

#52289 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
IRS did care about the evidence, as no one is claiming that they prosecuted these groups unfairly. Only that they profiled them for auditing.
I am fine with the profiling, if, as FR questioned, the members actually evaded the taxes.
Besides, even if they didnt evade taxes, the fact is that it is a political group and therefore really shouldnt be a nonprofit. That is what triggered the whole event.
It is someones actions that determine that they are a political group, not their name .
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#52290 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont get how IRS investigation is implicitly tyrannical.
Lets look at a false equivalence that is being bandied around. Black people being pulled over by cops. That is wrong. In that situation, there is no reason to believe that black people are more guilty of a potential crime than white people, therefore profiling for the purpose of investigation is wrong.
But in the case of the Tea Party - these people are actually advocating illegal behavior. Therefore, the potential is there. Plus they are not acting as individuals, they are filing as an organization with voluntary membership. So it makes sense to profile the organization.
rabbee: do you think that mental prejudice, should be used to convict anyone? or to use it with deceit, to persecution. since this is not about prosecution, but subtle persecution.

and so yes, our forefathers of this nation. did commit illegal acts according to, king george and conwallis. they even had their own version, of a boston tea party. and what was, the cry then?

that the majority of americans, were being taxed unfairly without any representation. and that only the minorities, of this nation were being served and represented. and that the rights of the few, suppresed the rights of the many. and they the brittish profiled groups, in accordance to their opposition too.

do you consider, the foundation of this nation illegal? so what do you suppose G-D, had us do about it? when political suppression, is tyrany.

there is no such thing, as a non-act of G-D on this planet or all of physical totality. if you do not want, to believe in G-D. then G-D shall, command the devil to help you all. and it may only look like, muhammed's good at first. whether you, fail to see this or not. with slowly rising temp, untill it reaches the boiling point of syria. and the frogs, all start their dying.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52291 May 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is GE guilty of tax resistence by conspiring with its accountants to pay zero tax?
I see you have an opinion that you are being too coy to share...

Location hidden

#52292 May 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is someones actions that determine that they are a political group, not their name .
Which is why you have to investigate before you prosecute.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52293 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
IRS did care about the evidence, as no one is claiming that they prosecuted these groups unfairly. Only that they profiled them for auditing.
I am fine with the profiling, if, as FR questioned, the members actually evaded the taxes.
Besides, even if they didnt evade taxes, the fact is that it is a political group and therefore really shouldnt be a nonprofit. That is what triggered the whole event.
The irs never cares about evidence.

Location hidden

#52294 May 13, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---"movement " suggests to me(Frijoles) EVASION
HughBe--- Thank you for your forthright opinion.
It explains, to me, the existence of the various MOVEMENTS in Judaism e.g. " All of the Orthodox MOVEMENTS are very similar in their observance and beliefs, differing only in the details that are emphasized. "
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...
You remind me of a little kid who has to tantrum to make his presence known.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52295 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would agree then that if the government couldnt prove any facts that the tax code is applicable then there is no evasion?
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52296 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link is dead

Location hidden

#52297 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm opposed to the marijuana laws but only rarely partake!
:)
..mostly law-abiding to due to cheapness....it got real expensive since I was a teen...
A long time ago I had a friend who worked as the chief acccount / budget officer for a large city. He told me they (the City) always knew who the democrats vs the republicans were, from who checked the voluntary donation box on their tax return. In a democratic presidential year, a democrat was more likely to make the donation to fund the political party system than a republican, and vice versa. I dont know how they got access to ones tax return, but it was an interesting comment....

Location hidden

#52298 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The irs never cares about evidence.
how would you know - you claim you dont pay taxes

Why are you flirting back and forth with screen names?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min DonPanic 49,251
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,154,458
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Edmond Pulpo 181,905
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 41 min Le Jimbo 22
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,893
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 2 hr Star Thugs Lose 16
Abby 12-22 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago