Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,337)

Showing posts 46,721 - 46,740 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am male you dork
Adams apple, hair under the armpits, and all....
You come across as feminine, maybe that is your progressive liberalness poking through.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but was it you or someone else talking about the "gay jamaican" in the past?
That was no random attribution. Hughbe cant go three posts without broaching the subject.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gle aner/20110112/news/news3.html
TOURISM CARES, an international non-profit organisation, has announced six worldwide grants to preserve and enhance cultural and heritage sites, with Falmouth Heritage Renewal getting US$7,500 to repair the St Peter's Anglican Church.
----------
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/in-fo...
Jamaica: fighting HIV stigma in church
Christian Aid partner UTCWI are providing training for clergy and faith leaders like Reverend Henry, allowing them to both challenge and change the church's attitude to HIV from within.....
...In Jamaica, high levels of homophobia and ignorance about HIV mean that stigma and discrimination continue to hinder prevention and treatment.
Jamaican society is deeply religious and many Christian denominations exist in the majority Protestant congregations. In spite of their number and influence, the church-going population and church policy itself hasn't responded as well as it could to increasing numbers of people affected by HIV and AIDS.
"...In Jamaica, high levels of homophobia and ignorance....."

We actually know a fellow like that. On both counts.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that i struck a chord, your kind always sticks together, is that why you are always calling eachother brothers?
Is your over achievement a sign of something else lacking in your life? probably so.
I would hypothesize that you are an over eater, when you dont have frank in your mouth you compensate with food.
Were you molested? Is that why you are a bitter homosexual?
I dont have to post my achievements here because i owe you nothing, and i am not here to spout off, because i know it doesnt matter how many letters are at the end of your name, they are meaningless because i know people with super high iq's who spend time analyzing the best route to go to the gas station. And quite frankly they sound like morons, you would never know what they "achieved" in college.
That being said i am not knocking education, but it now is just a money pit for the banks to lend you thousands of dollars to graduate and go to mcdonalds university.
The unemployment rate for college grads is appox half what it is for non-college grads.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am male you dork
Adams apple, hair under the armpits, and all....
...and I bet you leave the seat up.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but was it you or someone else talking about the "gay jamaican" in the past?
Good point.

But in our defense, he is rabid homophobe.

Earlier today we also made fun of malnourished Jamaicans.

Not our finest hour.

But funny at the time. So all good.

I just thought calling a guy gay out of the blue - at least that's what I thought you were doing - didn't seem too funny.

Just one MAN's opinion.(Get it? I'm a dude too...just to be clear.)
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You come across as feminine, maybe that is your progressive liberalness poking through.
I see.

You think that caring about your fellow man is feminine quality.

I hope you dad was nice to you.

Mine was a sweetheart!(Navy pilot.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
...and I bet you leave the seat up.
yes, because I am also married. Some things arent worth fighting. Or rather they were lost a long time ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
You think that caring about your fellow man is feminine quality.
I hope you dad was nice to you.
Mine was a sweetheart!(Navy pilot.)
never did get an answer about whether he was boob fed or not

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely, in the past I was jiving you and told you I was a chick...

Interesting enough, usually I can tell who the women are here. Usually their posts are softer (less offensive) with less use of sarcasm. Def not me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW you choose not to answer my question
and I dont have any claim to answer to yours
so I guess we are moving on
IOW you talk too much CS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you never consider going into teaching or anything communications-related.
If you promise not to "help me anymore," I will be forever in your debt, mon.
You are forever in my debt MON but your deficiencies have prevented you from realizing it.

Peace MON.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about? How does that link in to any of the previous discussion that I had participated in?
(second time)
In YOUR post 52052 YOU said "so I guess we are moving on"

A few post later on the same page or NOW you say, "what are you talking about? How does that link in to any of the previous discussion that I had participated in?"

Question, is that your idea of moving on? You are now asking about the SAME things.

Are you getting SENILE or is it that you are just plain STUPID?

Go back and read the flow.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.lcms.org/jamaica
LCMS World Mission began work in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1993 in partnership with the Nebraska Lutheran Mission Society. Each year, short-term mission teams assist Lutheran Ministries in Jamaica with vacation Bible schools, construction work and medical assistance. Long-term missionaries have made significant contributions to the mission work in Jamaica through education for missionary children and in outreach and Christian education programs.
In 1993?

How does that relate to "infrastructure maintenance costs"?

What is your PRIVATE definition of MAINTENANCE?

I take it that in the US construction work is classified as MAINTENANCE but not in Jamaica.

Frijoles---Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low.

HughBe--- List the items that you call, "infrastructure maintenance costs" (STILL WAITING, Frijoles)
Do you think that we have service in trees?.

HughBe---If you believe that churches here survive because of aid from the US feel free. Your argument is nonsensical.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gle aner/20110112/news/news3.html
TOURISM CARES, an international non-profit organisation, has announced six worldwide grants to preserve and enhance cultural and heritage sites, with Falmouth Heritage Renewal getting US$7,500 to repair the St Peter's Anglican Church.
----------
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/in-fo...
Jamaica: fighting HIV stigma in church
Christian Aid partner UTCWI are providing training for clergy and faith leaders like Reverend Henry, allowing them to both challenge and change the church's attitude to HIV from within.....
...In Jamaica, high levels of homophobia and ignorance about HIV mean that stigma and discrimination continue to hinder prevention and treatment.
Jamaican society is deeply religious and many Christian denominations exist in the majority Protestant congregations. In spite of their number and influence, the church-going population and church policy itself hasn't responded as well as it could to increasing numbers of people affected by HIV and AIDS.
GENIUS, we were talking about MAINTENANCE expenses in running churches in Jamaica.

FOCUS and THINK, for a change.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In YOUR post 52052 YOU said "so I guess we are moving on"
A few post later on the same page or NOW you say, "what are you talking about? How does that link in to any of the previous discussion that I had participated in?"
Question, is that your idea of moving on? You are now asking about the SAME things.
Are you getting SENILE or is it that you are just plain STUPID?
Go back and read the flow.
Dont shoot me - I am not the one who keeps quoting scripture for no apparent reason

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
GENIUS, we were talking about MAINTENANCE expenses in running churches in Jamaica.
FOCUS and THINK, for a change.
I believe you said something about outside orgs not supporting churches. Scroll back. Dont be a charity case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1993?
How does that relate to "infrastructure maintenance costs"?
What is your PRIVATE definition of MAINTENANCE?
I take it that in the US construction work is classified as MAINTENANCE but not in Jamaica.
Frijoles---Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low.
HughBe--- List the items that you call, "infrastructure maintenance costs" (STILL WAITING, Frijoles)
Do you think that we have service in trees?.
HughBe---If you believe that churches here survive because of aid from the US feel free. Your argument is nonsensical.
Thats wasnt the only thing I mentioned. YOU decided to limit it, not me.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have said is NOT applicable to the vast majority of Churches and I would seriously doubt that it is applicable to any church. I have NEVER been to a church which receives outside aid in order to function.
YOU talk too much BS. Aid to the poor is far different from financing churches. YOU are an ASS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont shoot me - I am not the one who keeps quoting scripture for no apparent reason
I would never shoot you, Frijoles. You are in need of forgiveness and pity.

Recall, you said you were moving on and then almost immediately you seek to reengage the matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you said something about outside orgs not supporting churches. Scroll back. Dont be a charity case.
We were talking about costs associated with OPERATING churches in Jamaica. Recall the LIST that I have REPEATEDLY asked you for?

Essentially, YOU foolishly said that Jamaican churches have nothing to worry about because the US gives aid for the running of the churches.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,721 - 46,740 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 173,717
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min woodtick57 1,072,749
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 25 min Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 30 min Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 3
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 33 min HoneyBear1 1,190
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min HoneyBear1 97,452
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Mothra 45,541
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:07PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••