Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
46,701 - 46,720 of 68,955 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#52054 May 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

i wonder if his husband also holds a phd
It's patently clear to me that you're JEALOUS of Papa's high academic qualifications - 2 doctorates in the sciences and a master's degree in sociology.

You're stunned to know about his dual doctorates and master's degree, right?

You thought he was like you - a semi-literate, jobless, 24/7 online clown, right?

What're your academic qualifications?

You come across as an ill-informed and illogical moron in most of your posts.

Go away.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52055 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We are nothing if not deep. Bring it on.
Part of my argument would imply that aid from the outside supports the welfare of those who might also be parishioners. Therefore the church wouldnt have the total obligation to support their folk. So I didnt mean the churches themselves per se. But I could see how you might not interpret my post as such. It was mainly off the cuff and sarcastic, if not bombastic.
What you have said is NOT applicable to the vast majority of Churches and I would seriously doubt that it is applicable to any church. I have NEVER been to a church which receives outside aid in order to function.

YOU talk too much BS. Aid to the poor is far different from financing churches. YOU are an ASS.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52056 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was a top academic achiever in my student days.
You still know your stuff. It would be a pity for you not use it productively somehow.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52057 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
HUGH,
What're your poor academic qualifications like?
Shame on you, Mon.
(smiles)
Grade 3
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#52058 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You still know your stuff. It would be a pity for you not use it productively somehow.
Thank you.

At present, I'm a shadow of my former academic self - those performances at Cathedral and at IIT were top notch.

I am for known reasons sinking in mind and body at present and am simply putting on a brave face. I know my end is near.

Let's see if I survive this ordeal and get back into the academic mood to pursue the doctorate (like you) preferably in the US. I was always interested in furthering my studies after IIT at MIT, UC at Berkeley or Caltech. Many of my friends studied there. Tina went to Cornell. IIT is not the place for doc level research.

It's very difficult for me to get normal at this stage of immense damage.

Let's see how things go.

I'm very proud of you and wish you the very best in life.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52059 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
....So what is your problem with---7. I go because I am NOT "special"
I cannot help you any more.
I hope you never consider going into teaching or anything communications-related.

If you promise not to "help me anymore," I will be forever in your debt, mon.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#52060 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Grade 3
I thought, it was Grade 1 given the dumb responses of your cruffy highness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#52061 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

within the life sciences and earth sciences, not "in". There are particular names for my majors - I just choose not share them.
Yes, of course.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#52062 May 8, 2013
Good night.

Location hidden

#52063 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Explain the link between FOOD for the POOR and the costs associated with running churches in Jamaica.
YOU have not done as asked.
already addressed

not going to repeat myself

Location hidden

#52064 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have said is NOT applicable to the vast majority of Churches and I would seriously doubt that it is applicable to any church. I have NEVER been to a church which receives outside aid in order to function.
Good for you. But I am sure they exist. Probably mission churches.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>YOU talk too much BS. Aid to the poor is far different from financing churches. YOU are an ASS.
The most shocking thing about that insight is that I just had stated the SAME DAMN THING

you are hopeless. learn how to read.

thank you

Location hidden

#52065 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- please identify the questions that I have asked that have GREATLY upset YOU (as was manifested by your mad dog rage)
My guess is that it is the last one or number 4.
1.What is tithing?
2.Who should collect tithes?
3.Is it rabbis or LEVITICAL priests?
4.Suppose tithe means a tenth, do you think that collecting a tenth and renaming it changes the fact that you are collecting money fraudulently?
Must go. later
what are you talking about? How does that link in to any of the previous discussion that I had participated in?

(second time)

Location hidden

#52066 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU talk too much BS. Aid to the poor is far different from financing churches. YOU are an ASS.
http://www.lcms.org/jamaica

LCMS World Mission began work in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1993 in partnership with the Nebraska Lutheran Mission Society. Each year, short-term mission teams assist Lutheran Ministries in Jamaica with vacation Bible schools, construction work and medical assistance. Long-term missionaries have made significant contributions to the mission work in Jamaica through education for missionary children and in outreach and Christian education programs.

Location hidden

#52067 May 8, 2013
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110112/n...

TOURISM CARES, an international non-profit organisation, has announced six worldwide grants to preserve and enhance cultural and heritage sites, with Falmouth Heritage Renewal getting US$7,500 to repair the St Peter's Anglican Church.

----------
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/in-fo...

Jamaica: fighting HIV stigma in church

Christian Aid partner UTCWI are providing training for clergy and faith leaders like Reverend Henry, allowing them to both challenge and change the church's attitude to HIV from within.....

...In Jamaica, high levels of homophobia and ignorance about HIV mean that stigma and discrimination continue to hinder prevention and treatment.

Jamaican society is deeply religious and many Christian denominations exist in the majority Protestant congregations. In spite of their number and influence, the church-going population and church policy itself hasn't responded as well as it could to increasing numbers of people affected by HIV and AIDS.
Voluntarist

United States

#52068 May 8, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
oh I see.
We're back in junior high where you just randomly call someone gay.
Come on ATF, what about all the other important issues??
(BTW, all I have is a master's degree....in science health-related field...)
It was serious question, are you telling me that frijoles doesnt have a husband?
Voluntarist

United States

#52069 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's patently clear to me that you're JEALOUS of Papa's high academic qualifications - 2 doctorates in the sciences and a master's degree in sociology.
You're stunned to know about his dual doctorates and master's degree, right?
You thought he was like you - a semi-literate, jobless, 24/7 online clown, right?
What're your academic qualifications?
You come across as an ill-informed and illogical moron in most of your posts.
Go away.
I see that i struck a chord, your kind always sticks together, is that why you are always calling eachother brothers?
Is your over achievement a sign of something else lacking in your life? probably so.
I would hypothesize that you are an over eater, when you dont have frank in your mouth you compensate with food.
Were you molested? Is that why you are a bitter homosexual?
I dont have to post my achievements here because i owe you nothing, and i am not here to spout off, because i know it doesnt matter how many letters are at the end of your name, they are meaningless because i know people with super high iq's who spend time analyzing the best route to go to the gas station. And quite frankly they sound like morons, you would never know what they "achieved" in college.
That being said i am not knocking education, but it now is just a money pit for the banks to lend you thousands of dollars to graduate and go to mcdonalds university.

Location hidden

#52070 May 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It was serious question, are you telling me that frijoles doesnt have a husband?
I am male you dork

Adams apple, hair under the armpits, and all....
Voluntarist

United States

#52071 May 8, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
oh I see.
We're back in junior high where you just randomly call someone gay.
Come on ATF, what about all the other important issues??
(BTW, all I have is a master's degree....in science health-related field...)
Excuse me but was it you or someone else talking about the "gay jamaican" in the past?
Voluntarist

United States

#52072 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am male you dork
Adams apple, hair under the armpits, and all....
You come across as feminine, maybe that is your progressive liberalness poking through.

Location hidden

#52073 May 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but was it you or someone else talking about the "gay jamaican" in the past?
That was no random attribution. Hughbe cant go three posts without broaching the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Donnie 1,099,900
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min the wandering girl 4,664
Abby 8-29 19 min edogxxx 2
Amy 8-29 25 min edogxxx 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min YesWeCan 68,357
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min edogxxx 97,918
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min SpaceBlues 46,295
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Donnie 177,357
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago