Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
46,561 - 46,580 of 68,994 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51910 May 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
noted
thank you
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51911 May 7, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You go to church because you are "not special?"
I thought god (or whatever you call your deity) made each of us to be very special indeed.
Former---I do not worship anything or anyone and I don't go to any church, special or otherwise.But you do. Why?

HughBe--- Because I am NOT "special"

Former--You go to church because you are "not special?"

HughBe--- 100% correct.

Former---I thought god (or whatever you call your deity) made each of us to be very special indeed.

HughBe---God Almighty created Adam and Eve.

All others were BORN and are products of a sinful environment which has caused many to be "special" and even "very special".
Voluntarist

United States

#51912 May 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
that is tax evasion. There is a penalty for that
Yup , war is peace
Voluntarist

United States

#51913 May 7, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Faith is belief in something without evidence.
If you break the law, you will face the penalties. If you don't pay your taxes the gov't will place a tax lien on your house. You will lose your property and pay the price.
Rain man, I don't care about the "constitution or code." The gov't and the laws exist. This is fact, not faith.
Now tell me again what I am missing here.
Oh they exist on paper but just because a man with a gun takes property by force doesnt mean they are applicable.

If a church near you taxed you would you pay it?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51914 May 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---I do not worship anything or anyone and I don't go to any church, special or otherwise.But you do. Why?
HughBe--- Because I am NOT "special"
Former--You go to church because you are "not special?"
HughBe--- 100% correct.
Former---I thought god (or whatever you call your deity) made each of us to be very special indeed.
HughBe---God Almighty created Adam and Eve.
All others were BORN and are products of a sinful environment which has caused many to be "special" and even "very special".
I understand.

Your religion is your business.

Clearly you have a reason for going to church and you hold some sort of beliefs/faith.

You also probably realize it would not stand up to scrutiny.

That's ok. Same with most folks.

You're right though. You really aren't special. Just normal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51915 May 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup , war is peace
you are seriously whacked

but we knew that already

:)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51916 May 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they exist on paper but just because a man with a gun takes property by force doesnt mean they are applicable.
If a church near you taxed you would you pay it?
Ditto me on what Frijoles just said.

You might benefit from a time out.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#51917 May 7, 2013
First all religions and belief in invisible omniscient god(s) that can be invoked to intervene in ones life, or control anything is sheer superstition.

Given that Jesus was a Jew and that his own brother felt that followers of Jesus should be Jews that believed in Jesus as the Messiah that Jews and Christians seem to dislike "Messianic Jews" is pretty ironic.

The great schism in the early church was over the very issue of whether or not one had to be Jewish to be a follower of Jesus.

Paul was the one who opened the following to pagans and other sects as long they could accept Jesus as the resurrected son of god etc. That is what evolved into mainstream Christianity that is dogma today.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51918 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see why now.
Some years ago I was in Denver and Aurora, the two cities were/are very close to each other, only 20-30 minutes by car so I thought Aurora was in the county of Denver.
rabbee: denver is a city and county, in it's self. but they do call denver and it's suburbs, the metro-denver area. when aurora is so large, that is it debatable, as to whom is a suburb of who.
and i do not know if this is still true today. but half of the population of colorado, lives in the denver-metro area. even the city of westminster, is larger than denver and spread out in three counties.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51919 May 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts do you rely on to presume that the constituton and code are applicable to me?
rabbee: you are bound by the law of the land, that you live in. and it is your responsibility to know, the law of that land. it is also your responsibility, to know if it is in alignment with your nations constitution or not. and if not, it is your responsibility to legally challenge it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51920 May 7, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No immigration talk please.
How about something light, like abortion?
:)
rabbee: abortion is a, religious matter. and the government shall make no law, for or against it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51921 May 7, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What/whom DO you have?
I thought you attended some sort of special church for "special" people...
You must worship someone or something.
rabbee: those who worship they self, worship the most pathetic and most dangerous of of all g-ds.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51922 May 7, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
Your religion is your business.
Clearly you have a reason for going to church and you hold some sort of beliefs/faith.
You also probably realize it would not stand up to scrutiny.
That's ok. Same with most folks.
You're right though. You really aren't special. Just normal.
Former---I understand.

HughBe--- very little of what you/HughBe are saying.

Former---Your religion is your business.

HughBe--- It not a business.

Former--You also probably realize it would not stand up to scrutiny.

HughBe--- Of those without the required intelligence.

Former--You're right though. You really aren't special. Just normal.

HughBe---Please reread some of my words before you open your mouth again. "Indeed, the church that I attend has SPECIAL people but the church itself is not special."
JOEL

Thane, India

#51923 May 7, 2013
There are no rigid or fixed laws; even science in its rare undogmatic moments recognizes that the laws are mere mental constructions. There are only cases, and if the mind could apply itself to all the circumstances it would find that no two cases are exactly similar.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51924 May 7, 2013
What most people accept as "laws" are actually recurrence of surface effects - change the innate cause, the effect, too, would change.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51925 May 7, 2013
Consciousness is not only “power of awareness” of self and things or events; it has also an innate “dynamic” and “creative” energy that's unified with it and so consciousness and energy are like the obverse and reverse sides of a coin. Consciousness-Force can determine its own reactions or abstain from reactions; it can not only answer to forces, but create or put out from itself forces.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51926 May 7, 2013
Selfless service is rare. Providing medical care to the poor, feeding the destitute and opening orphanages and other acts of philanthropy are at the subconscious level usually associated with great ambition, pride and egoism - it gives such people a magnified sense of doing good to others and they think they can set the world right by providing services to the needy.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51927 May 7, 2013
Without the poor, the poor philanthropist will feel like a fish out of water, deprived of his halo of greatness and inner feeling of grandiose.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51928 May 7, 2013
We want to diminish suffering, but unless we change in fundamental ways right down to the subconscient, the capacity of suffering remains intact and humankind will not change. We turn in a circle – one civilization follows another; but the thing does not change, for there is something missing which is the higher consciousness and its transforming force that're are missing.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51929 May 7, 2013
However, if it's a person’s destiny, in keeping with his past karma and genetic instincts of the present round of existence, to found schools and give instruction, to care for the sick and to open hospitals and free soup kitchens, it is only right that the person does it. But he must not take that very seriously. It's something grandiose he is doing for his own pleasure and satisfaction and in keeping with his innate nature but it cannot erase the suffering and misery and wars and diseases and death and poverty in the world. All this can be overcome only via the supramentalization of the earth nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,100,516
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 53 min newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,938
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Heisenberg 44
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••