Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,368
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51829 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Jimmie, I defer to your expertise when we are talking about engineering. I would hope that you would defer to my expertise when we are talking about law.
HOA's are not governmental bodies. They have no authority outside of their members.
In Illinois there are many locations where government cannot provide police patrols that people would like. In the areas outside city limits, there are ways for the people to supplement their taxes to add additional patrols. The IL the Supreme Court has said that subdivisions can pay for rent-a-cops but the limit of their jurisdiction is the members of the subdivision.
State law also allows groups of people to vote to raise their taxes so that the money can go to the sheriff to add additional patrols.
Please stick with engineering and leave the law to others.
rabbee: and another legal point, the denver police. cannot go into aurora, to catch speeders not in their district. unless it is in, hot persuit. so the denver police, are legally no different than an hoa.

the denver police, cannot legally operate in aurora. unless they are designated, as state police. and it would still be, legally unethical to do so. unless aurora, requested their presence. but thy can stop, anyone from out of their district coming in or passing through their district.

the denver police, already lost a landmark case. where they were handing out speeding tickets, to people in sheridan colorado. on that very, same point.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51830 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
East about to be overrun by billions of cicadas
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/...
WASHINGTON (AP)Ś Any day now, billions of cicadas with bulging red eyes will crawl out of the earth after 17 years underground and overrun the East Coast. The insects will arrive in such numbers that people from North Carolina to Connecticut will be outnumbered roughly 600-to-1. Maybe more.
...They're looking for just one thing: sex. And they've been waiting quite a long time....
----------
Sounds a lot like a certain poster from an island...
rabbee: that sounds, like a homosexuals nightmare. after 17 years of abstinance, i do not think. you will find any, homosexual cicadas. life is way to short, for them to consider that. makes lemmings that run over a cliff, every four years. look like, a long lifetime. but they still elect their leader, every four years too. ot to love, the irony in that.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#51831 May 6, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and another legal point, the denver police. cannot go into aurora, to catch speeders not in their district. unless it is in, hot persuit. so the denver police, are legally no different than an hoa.
the denver police, cannot legally operate in aurora. unless they are designated, as state police. and it would still be, legally unethical to do so. unless aurora, requested their presence. but thy can stop, anyone from out of their district coming in or passing through their district.
the denver police, already lost a landmark case. where they were handing out speeding tickets, to people in sheridan colorado. on that very, same point.
Really the Denver police cannot go to Aurora to catch them? From Denver downtown to Aurora is only 20-30 minutes of car. And I thought Aurora was somehow part of Denver.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#51832 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that is just, so hypocritical sounding. that is like saying, the denver police can't legally arrest anyone from aurora, sheridan or littleton. and hoa's, are a form of governing body.
and i am not as ignorant, of the laws of the many states as you like to think. i have won every court case, i have been involed in. i have never lost, even one court case. and i have never, defended, an obviously guilty person yet. cause i cannot lie, just to spite the system. i shall not bear, false wittness in any court of law. either as a lawyer, juror, judge, or wittness.
if you are trying to say, that an hoa. does not have the right to have their own protection service. you are wrong, according to the law. even in the town of bust colorado, with the perminant population of 1. he is considered as, the local law enforcement. so be careful, drive safely. the life you save, could be the whole town.
Did you see the proviso at the beginning of my post: "Speaking solely of Illinois"? Are you telling me that what I said is incorrect as applied in Illinois?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51833 May 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Really the Denver police cannot go to Aurora to catch them? From Denver downtown to Aurora is only 20-30 minutes of car. And I thought Aurora was somehow part of Denver.
rabbee: oh no, the city of aurora is in arapahoe and adams counties, not even in the city and county of denver.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51834 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the proviso at the beginning of my post: "Speaking solely of Illinois"? Are you telling me that what I said is incorrect as applied in Illinois?
rabbee: well, yes!
Eric

Roselle, IL

#51835 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well, yes!
So now you are licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois. Plus you know more about IL law than the IL Supreme Court.

Can you give us a citation then to the correct law in IL?
Eric

Roselle, IL

#51836 May 6, 2013
By the way, in IL an officer in pursuit does not have to stop the pursuit if the driver leaves the jurisdiction. Plus, officers in neighboring cities have cross over jurisdiction. But, in IL only commissioned officers can enforce the law. And, only governmental bodies can adopt traffic laws, with the exception to HOA as to their own members according to the IL Supreme Court.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51837 May 6, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"Local flesh?" you say. Can you be more specific? Whose or what flesh were you offering? Perhaps your sister's?
I see you have a sweet tooth:
Milo (pron.:/&#712;ma&#618; lo&#650;/) is a chocolate and malt powder which is mixed with hot or cold water and/or milk to produce a beverage popular in many parts of the world. Produced by NestlÚ, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934.[1] It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.
Was that a yes or no about the Red Strip beer?
HughBe--- You should come back to paradise and when you do you should try the local flesh.

Former---"Local flesh?" you say. Can you be more specific? Whose or what flesh were you offering? Perhaps your sister's?

HughBe--- No dear keep your mind clean, I was thinking of local beef, lamb etc.:D

Former---I see you have a sweet tooth:

HughBe--- Our local flesh is NOT SWEET it is closer to being salt than sweet. We have Salt fish which is regarded by some to be the best in the world. Would you be interested in EATING our salt FISH?

Former--Was that a yes or no about the Red Strip beer?

HughBe-- I am not a consumer of beer
Voluntarist

United States

#51838 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Jimmie, I defer to your expertise when we are talking about engineering. I would hope that you would defer to my expertise when we are talking about law.
HOA's are not governmental bodies. They have no authority outside of their members.
In Illinois there are many locations where government cannot provide police patrols that people would like. In the areas outside city limits, there are ways for the people to supplement their taxes to add additional patrols. The IL the Supreme Court has said that subdivisions can pay for rent-a-cops but the limit of their jurisdiction is the members of the subdivision.
State law also allows groups of people to vote to raise their taxes so that the money can go to the sheriff to add additional patrols.
Please stick with engineering and leave the law to others.
They govern through their agreements.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51839 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois. Plus you know more about IL law than the IL Supreme Court.
rabbee: i have seen some of those decisions from the illinois supreme court. and i am not impressed, by their ability to not abide by their constitution. so do not tell me, that the illinois supreme court is anything to be proud of.

supreme courts are not supposed to judge. according to the way, they way they want. with total disreguard, for the way the founders meant for it to be used.

and yes i have seen and read, the illinois constution. which is practicly the same, for every state in the union, except for the commonwealth of virginia. where ever city, county and hoa, are their own republic with their own version of the constitution.
Voluntarist

United States

#51840 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
By the way, in IL an officer in pursuit does not have to stop the pursuit if the driver leaves the jurisdiction. Plus, officers in neighboring cities have cross over jurisdiction. But, in IL only commissioned officers can enforce the law. And, only governmental bodies can adopt traffic laws, with the exception to HOA as to their own members according to the IL Supreme Court.
In Connecticut it states in the so called constitution that the legislature makes law, so some ordinances crafted by local pud face gangsters at town hall cant be considered law.
Voluntarist

United States

#51841 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois is a mess, that monopoly of force gets away with murder.
Voluntarist

United States

#51842 May 6, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with everything my gov't does.
I didn't believe in W using my tax dollars to invade the wrong country in 2002.
That was a taking of my property (my money) for a reason I didn't agree with. This was also enriching private contractors - Halliburton etc. Why should I line the pockets of Cheney's friends and colleagues?
But you asked me if it was moral. Moral - no. But ethical, strictly speaking - yes. It was within the law.
Laws under a form of gov't with which I agree. I have no better form of gov't to propose.
I don't believe in allowing the perfect becoming the enemy of the good.
Do believe in social contracts?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract
In political philosophy the social contract or political contractis a theory or model, originating during the Age of Enlightenment, that typically addresses the questions of the origin of society and the legitimacy of the authority of the state over the individual.[1] Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the authority of the ruler or magistrate (or to the decision of a majority), in exchange for protection of their remaining rights. The question of the relation between natural and legal rights, therefore, is often an aspect of social contract theory.
And what are the elements of a contract and are they present in government dealings?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51843 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: they should not have to, change the constitution. just use it the way, the founders meant for it to be used. it is not supposed to be a court, where the few can suppress the rights of the many. and is supposed to avoid, decision about religions activities as much as possible. unless they have become a danger, to the common good, healh or welfare of the state or nation.

i am presently preparing a case, of someone in one state vs someone else in another. so i have to bone up, on their states constitution too. now i must consider, in which district court is in my advantage to file. theirs or colorado's, ninth district. do i file a js44 in their state district federal court, or in colorado federal district court.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51844 May 6, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
In Connecticut it states in the so called constitution that the legislature makes law, so some ordinances crafted by local pud face gangsters at town hall cant be considered law.
incorrect

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51845 May 6, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are the elements of a contract and are they present in government dealings?
conĚtract (kntrkt)
n.
a. An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
b. The writing or document containing such an agreement.

I.E. it doesnt necessarily have to have its elements spelled out, it can be oral and implied
Voluntarist

United States

#51846 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds a lot like Voluntarist's voluntary government.
Sorry, I just raped, robbed and mutilated your relatives, but since I didnt buy into your self government, there is nothing you can do about it.....
A truly voluntary government would need consent of all parties.
An hoa is just an example.
If only the government would stick to protecting life, liberty and property we wouldnt have these problems.
Voluntarist

United States

#51847 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
conĚtract (kntrkt)
n.
a. An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
I.E. it doesnt necessarily have to have its elements spelled out, it can be oral and implied
Dont be a dolt, in order for a contract to be valid it must contain certain elements.
Voluntarist

United States

#51848 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
conĚtract (kntrkt)
n.
Even if it is oral or implied there are still elements that have to be there to make the provisions of the contract enforceable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min LRS 177,988
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min USAsince1680 1,109,403
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min mdbuilder 46,605
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr Weneedchange 150
Amy 9-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 31
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 615
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr Blwlgo 1,923
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr cheluzal 98,213
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••