Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,303)

Showing posts 46,041 - 46,060 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---Hello Huggybear.
Of course I missed you.
You are like a clean, fresh breath of
Blue Mountain air, mon!:))
HughBe--- Greetings my friend. I am aware that I am like a breath of fresh air like the pure air of the Blue Mountains.
I missed you too. I am sentimental.
Speaking of the Blue Mountains, we brought some Blue
Mountain coffee home with us when we visited your
island nation several years ago.

The coffee was very tasty, dark and strong - much the way I
imagine you to be.

:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, as usual I didnt make the rules
"Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion..." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
Even though polls say close to 90% of Americans support background checks for gun purchases, I FEEL deep inside me that most Americans really don't support background checks. This is true because it is how I feel.

The evidence to support this notion are my feelings and that is also my internal logic.

Sorry. I don't make the rules.

And don't call this truthiness. And don't hold me to your standards of evidence either.

Ok?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

JOEL wrote:
FORMER RES is "lovable" since he's got the intelligence of a 3 year old and also because he laughs a lot at the silliest of things. He can't be taken seriously and his opinions count for nothing. Anyway, he's nice to have around when one needs to laugh at someone silly. His online friends are like him - birds of a feather flock together! ROFL.
How are the gang rapes going over there?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller
The Daily Caller is a news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C., United States, with a focus on original reporting, in-depth investigations, commentary and breaking news.
Founded by libertarian conservative political pundit Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller launched on January 11, 2010.
....Although the site states it is neutral in regard to ideology,[citation needed] some observers have commented that it is influenced by the libertarian views of its founders.
----------
Dick Cheney? lol
I always say, scratch the surface of a libertarian, and you find a conservative republican who doesn't want to pay his taxes.

Event though this is a religious forum, ATF won't say whether or not he is an atheist.

Of course that's his right, but I find it a little curious.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though polls say close to 90% of Americans support background checks for gun purchases, I FEEL deep inside me that most Americans really don't support background checks. This is true because it is how I feel.
The evidence to support this notion are my feelings and that is also my internal logic.
Sorry. I don't make the rules.
And don't call this truthiness. And don't hold me to your standards of evidence either.
Ok?
Your evidence is weak.

See?

Thats all one has to say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I always say, scratch the surface of a libertarian, and you find a conservative republican who doesn't want to pay his taxes.
Event though this is a religious forum, ATF won't say whether or not he is an atheist.
Of course that's his right, but I find it a little curious.
\
He did say short while past that he found the atheists militaristic in their zeal (my choice of words)

Scratch the surface of the climate change denial movement and you will find Darth Vador (aka Dick Cheney), tool for the nonrenewable energy industry.(But no conspiracy here....)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

JOEL wrote:
FORMER RES is "lovable" since he's got the intelligence of a 3 year old and also because he laughs a lot at the silliest of things. He can't be taken seriously and his opinions count for nothing. Anyway, he's nice to have around when one needs to laugh at someone silly. His online friends are like him - birds of a feather flock together! ROFL.
Why are you so jolly this morning(night)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Your honor, I submit this for the record....
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont have to believe in religion but dont be so ignorant as to believe that you know everything.
I dont have an opinion on the matter but i find athiests aggressive anti-religion sermons to be as boring and annoying as religious zealots rhetoric.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He did say short while past that he found the atheists militaristic in their zeal (my choice of words)
I hate that. Bill Maher was really annoying the pisx out of me the other night with all that. He was blaming every problem in the world on religion (when we all know it's only responsible for 90% of the world's problems!:)). And he wouldn't let the other guy talk. Any group or movement (regardless of the cause) can get out of hand.

Chances are if ATF believes in conspiracy theories, he believes in god too.

:)
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch the surface of the climate change denial movement and you will find Darth Vador (aka Dick Cheney), tool for the nonrenewable energy industry.(But no conspiracy here....)
It's all about the threat to their wallets.

How else can you explain the differences in the stance on climate change from that side of the isle?

I just can't accept (as much as I want to) that conservatives are inherently dumber than liberals.

More like willful ignorance. Based on economics - which is in itself wrong and short-sighted.

Note how China is kicking our axs on the green economy.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your evidence is weak.
See?
Thats all one has to say.
That seems way too easy.

Do you feel you evidence is weak?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Your honor, I submit this for the record....
Thank you, sir.
Voluntarist wrote:

You dont have to believe in religion but dont be so ignorant as to believe that you know everything.
I dont have an opinion on the matter but i find athiests aggressive anti-religion sermons to be as boring and annoying as religious zealots rhetoric
My whole point in being a non-believer is to admit the unknown and the unknowable.

So I also wouldn't agree with "believing that I know everything." Quite the opposite.

But I would also disagree with you, ATF.

It seems you do have an opinion. You either believe there's a god or you don't.

This is why for years I wouldn't call myself my an atheist, instead preferring the less committal term agnostic.

Eventually it was pointed out to me that I either believed or I didn't.
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

FORMER RES:

Were you in ecstasy the last tijme dear Hugh sodomized you with his 14" bamboo?

I guess you need a new boy/man every couple of days to fu-ck you, right?

LOL.
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Beliefs count for nothing. Experiences/realizations mean everythiing. The subjective and objective aspects should be explored experienced and manifrested in being.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems way too easy.
Do you feel you evidence is weak?
Why do you make this complicated? Religious zealot tells you he knows God exists because he feels it.

Evidence - feeling
Assertion - God exists

You evaluate it according to your standards
weak evidence due to subjectivity therefore low credibility
conclusion - evidence doesnt support assertion
dismissed

From the point of view of the claimant
feelings = credible evidence, subjectivity ok
conclusion - evidence supports assertion

Different standards - in the modern world your evaluation is the generally accepted standard

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, sir.
<quoted text>
My whole point in being a non-believer is to admit the unknown and the unknowable.
So I also wouldn't agree with "believing that I know everything." Quite the opposite.
But I would also disagree with you, ATF.
It seems you do have an opinion. You either believe there's a god or you don't.
This is why for years I wouldn't call myself my an atheist, instead preferring the less committal term agnostic.
Eventually it was pointed out to me that I either believed or I didn't.
I understand what you are getting at, and I agree that ATF (whether he is aware of this or not) has an opinion, he just doesnt feel like sharing it for dissection.

However, the question "Does God exist" is too simplistic to me. Too many assumptions regarding the definition of God (i.e. I dont believe God is a noun, I see the concept more like a verb). Furthermore, before one asks "Does God Exist" I think one has to first look at the question "DO I exist?".

And consider the boundary of that definition as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Beliefs count for nothing. Experiences/realizations mean everythiing. The subjective and objective aspects should be explored experienced and manifrested in being.
I am not sure that would pass the Daubert test as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daubert_standard
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the Blue Mountains, we brought some Blue
The coffee was very tasty, dark and strong - much the way I
imagine you to be.
:))
Former---Speaking of the Blue Mountains, we brought some Blue

HughBe--- No doubt it is a lovely place, in your mind.

Former--The coffee was very TASTY, dark and strong - much the way I
imagine you to be.

HughBe--- While I appreciate your good intentions I am a bit concerned about your use of TASTY as applied to me, by you a man.

No objections to your use of dark and strong. However I would have said dark as midnight and strong like a lion.

In essence you were correct even about the TASTY part. To the ladies I say taste and see how wonderfully pleasurable and satisfying I am.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
If you want to join our big boy conversation, suggest a view
pointless psuedo-socratic questions will be ignored
Frijoles---nope

HughBe--- Why nope? Are you illequippped to provide answers?

Frijoles---If you want to join our big boy conversation, suggest a view

HughBe--- I don't want to join BIG BOYS

AGAIN---

1.What is RELIGION a subculture of, Frijoles? YOU spoke of it so explain it, Frijoles.

2.Is MURDER a standard of bygone days?

3.Define religious EVIDENCE, Frijoles.

4.Share the INTERNAL logic that you speak of below.

Frijoles---The problem is when they apply their standards to your world, and vice versa. That is what you are getting at. You dont buy their definition, and they shouldnt assume that you should. But among themselves, they have an internal logic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---nope
HughBe--- Why nope? Are you illequippped to provide answers?
Frijoles---If you want to join our big boy conversation, suggest a view
HughBe--- I don't want to join BIG BOYS
AGAIN---
1.What is RELIGION a subculture of, Frijoles? YOU spoke of it so explain it, Frijoles.
2.Is MURDER a standard of bygone days?
3.Define religious EVIDENCE, Frijoles.
4.Share the INTERNAL logic that you speak of below.
Frijoles---The problem is when they apply their standards to your world, and vice versa. That is what you are getting at. You dont buy their definition, and they shouldnt assume that you should. But among themselves, they have an internal logic.
apparently you dont want to join the big boys

have a nice day
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently you dont want to join the big boys
have a nice day
I have TWO fundamental problems with your offer--

1. JOINING is a problem as I shy away from joining, in the main.

2. It is complicate because YOU are BOYS.

3. Joining girls are a part of my policy but NOT boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,041 - 46,060 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]