Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50813 Apr 17, 2013
Yes, Hugh, I am handome.

Seeing me you're sure to get an erection.

(smiles)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#50814 Apr 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Yes, Hugh, I am handome.
Seeing me you're sure to get an erection.
(smiles)
TMI

Location hidden

#50815 Apr 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR President, JFK, would think so. Listen and try and understand. Listen to what he says about the GRAVE danger that an announced need for increased security will be used to CONTROL via various means.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =V1smgz-px1QXX
He is talking about Communism, and his gift to our country on that issue was the initiation into involvement into Vietnam.

I dont get any link with that with anything going on now. Noone except Volunteerist is claiming additional government control due to the recent bombing.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#50816 Apr 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So if God dictated Torah to Moses, why CANT he do the same to Prophet Mohammad, PBUH?
Quran is neither based on OT or NT, Quran has its own version to EVERY story it comments on from OT or NT books.
It is pure inspiration is clear from every verse of it. No Human can write those forceful words, free of any linguistic, racial, ethnic or national bias.
It is concerned with the guidance from every story it tells, not historical details, which is what most humans writers do to add "conviction" to their stories.
rabbee: well first off according to, your own quran scriptures. G-D never came and wrote, or said anything to muhammed.

and secondly if your scriptures, are not based on TheOld Testament Torah. then you have no claim, to any Avrahameec Religion. and you are making up, your own not true to G-D stuff.

and you might be supprized, just how convincing and inspirational. the subtle talking critter, beasts of the fields can be. capable of decieving this whole world, without your even suspecting anything is wrong with this whole insane world. because you are within their loop of insanity.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#50817 Apr 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So if God dictated Torah to Moses, why CANT he do the same to Prophet Mohammad, PBUH?
Quran is neither based on OT or NT, Quran has its own version to EVERY story it comments on from OT or NT books.
It is pure inspiration is clear from every verse of it. No Human can write those forceful words, free of any linguistic, racial, ethnic or national bias.
It is concerned with the guidance from every story it tells, not historical details, which is what most humans writers do to add "conviction" to their stories.
The OT is complete and requires no addition or elaboration. The next prophet is the Messiah who will be greater than Moses. Allah is a new God, the God of Israel created the universe and everything in it.

Location hidden

#50818 Apr 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies to you.... I do not save all posts.
An apology!! I just might have to frame that.

Thank you.
Voluntarist

United States

#50819 Apr 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He is talking about Communism, and his gift to our country on that issue was the initiation into involvement into Vietnam.
I dont get any link with that with anything going on now. Noone except Volunteerist is claiming additional government control due to the recent bombing.
Haven't seen the article about the tsa at the train station?

Location hidden

#50820 Apr 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seen the article about the tsa at the train station?
Sorry I dont waste time with looney media(tm)
Voluntarist

United States

#50821 Apr 17, 2013
Navy SEALs Spotted at
Boston Marathon Wearing
Suspicious Backpacks?
Savvy Internet sleuths have found
images taken from surveillance
cameras of members of the crowd
gathered at the Boston Marathon that
appear to identify Navy SEALs.
For comparison, below are a few
photos of late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
Note the skull logo on his baseball cap,
his pants and his boots:
http://www.infowars.com/navy-seals-spotted-at...
Voluntarist

United States

#50822 Apr 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I dont waste time with looney media(tm)
I agree I try to ignore the Stamford advocate, but it's there today

Location hidden

#50823 Apr 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree I try to ignore the Stamford advocate, but it's there today
I think I would have to agree with you on that one. That paper is pathetic.

Wasnt always the case.

Location hidden

#50824 Apr 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
Navy SEALs Spotted at
Boston Marathon Wearing
Suspicious Backpacks?
Savvy Internet sleuths have found
images taken from surveillance
cameras of members of the crowd
gathered at the Boston Marathon that
appear to identify Navy SEALs.
For comparison, below are a few
photos of late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
Note the skull logo on his baseball cap,
his pants and his boots:
http://www.infowars.com/navy-seals-spotted-at...
To save all of us (including you) time, next time you have the impulse to post like that, simply post:

"baa baa..."
Voluntarist

United States

#50825 Apr 17, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/report-us-resorted-tort...

NEW YORK (AP) An independent
review of the U.S. government's anti-
terrorism response after the Sept. 11,
2001, attacks reported Tuesday that it
is "indisputable" the United States
engaged in torture and the George W.
Bush administration bears
responsibility.
The report by the Constitution Project ,
a non-partisan Washington-based
think-tank, is an ambitious review of
the Bush administration's approach to
the problems of holding and
interrogating detainees after the
attacks on the World Trade Center and
the Pentagon.
The report says brutality has occurred
in war before, "But there is no
evidence there had ever before been
the kind of considered and detailed
discussions that occurred after
September 11, directly involving a
president and his top advisers on the
wisdom, propriety and legality of
inflicting pain and torment on some
detainees in our custody."
The former U.S. ambassador to the
United Nations under President
George W. Bush , John Bolton, called
the report "completely divorced from
reality" and stressed that the
procedures were "lawyered, and
lawyered again, and lawyered again."
"The whole point of the Bush
administration's review of the
techniques was so that no one would
be tortured," he said. "The intention
was precisely the opposite."
The Constitution Project surveyed the
ways in which prisoners were held and
interrogated at Guantanamo Bay, in
Afghanistan and Iraq, and at secret
CIA "black prisons."

Since: Apr 13

Sao Paolo, Brazil

#50827 Apr 17, 2013
It's not only Messianic Jews who are persecuted in Israel. Christians and Muslims also get discriminated against.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50828 Apr 17, 2013
Mariana DM 1989 wrote:
It's not only Messianic Jews who are persecuted in Israel. Christians and Muslims also get discriminated against.
really? Can we talk about persecution of women, gays and the physically challenged in Malawi?

Sao Paolo, Brazil

#50829 Apr 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
really? Can we talk about persecution of women, gays and the physically challenged in Malawi?
Yes we can talk about that if you want to but the only problem is that I'm not a Malawian =) I just live here. I'm originally from Brazil where people of all colors and groups are treated well unlike your israel

Sao Paolo, Brazil

#50830 Apr 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a right to condemn me for a country's society if I do not come from that country. Let us compare my Brazil and your israel and israel will end up looking like the 4th reich

Location hidden

#50831 Apr 17, 2013
Mariana DM 1989 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we can talk about that if you want to but the only problem is that I'm not a Malawian =) I just live here. I'm originally from Brazil where people of all colors and groups are treated well unlike your israel
Excuse me?

The land of the Amazon where all Indians are allowed to live according to ancestral rights, with no territorial infringement or discrimination by the state?

Charity begins at home. So does native rights. Then when your house is order, you will have the moral standing to opine on others.

Location hidden

#50832 Apr 17, 2013
Mariana DM 1989 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a right to condemn me for a country's society if I do not come from that country. Let us compare my Brazil and your israel and israel will end up looking like the 4th reich
Are you hopelessly naive? Or do you just hate Jews?

Persecution on Indians in Brazil

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...

Location hidden

#50833 Apr 17, 2013
http://www.yale.edu/gsp/amazon/arara_indians....

Arara Indians fight bullets and bulldozers

Arara Indians in Brazilian Amazonia are fighting for their survival against waves of armed loggers, ranchers and colonists who are destroying their forest homeland. The situation is so volatile that the Arara dare not hunt further than 10 kilometres from their village. Traditional hunting trips, where men go off for days in search of game, are impossible as the Indians will not risk sleeping in the forest at night. Imprisoned within their own land, one Arara described leading ëa life of terror' as the forest echoes to the constant roar of chainsaws felling mahogany and other valuable hardwoods.

Government officials have reportedly surveyed the Arara territory (called Cachoeira Seca) with the aim of reducing its size and handing out tracts of the land to loggers and settlers. It has not yet been demarcated (physically mapped out with markers) by the government. The Bannach logging company bulldozed a road through the territory in the 1980s and now land grabbers and loggers are opening up feeder roads and penetrating deeper into Arara land......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: South Shore Self Storage, Inc. 33 min gtwrubbertrack 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,235,964
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr NorCal Native 51,769
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr red and right 189,811
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr red and right 53,577
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 6 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 50
News Your guide to this weekenda s Chicago festivals 11 hr THUG Eliminator 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]