Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50126 Mar 13, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Humans of different genetic types collectively form a species.
That's not the accepted definition. A species is determined by the ability to interbreed. Genetic type has nothing to do with it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50128 Mar 13, 2013
JEWRY:

The sharpest tensions between Israel and American Jewry crystallized during the “who is a Jew” controversy that followed immediately after the 1988 Israeli elections. Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, anxious to include ultra-Orthodox parties in his coalition, offered them the prospect of amending the “who is a Jew” clause in the Law of Return to specify that Jewish status existed only by halachic criteria-meaning children of Jewish mothers and those who converted to Judaism “in accordance with Jewish law.”
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50130 Mar 13, 2013
Meanwhile, more Jews in Israel shun circumcision....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50132 Mar 13, 2013
I wish I could undo my own circumcision...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50133 Mar 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

That's not the accepted definition. A species is determined by the ability to interbreed. Genetic type has nothing to do with it.
No one is denying the standard definition. If tomorrow technological advances make it possible for say chimps, aliens (?) or cows to interbreed with humans would that make the hybrids a species? I've heard that covert science has already done this....

What I was hinting at in my post was that there exist structural and functional differences based on genetic distinctiveness among various groups of humans as seen among Africans, Caucasions, Mongolians, Dravidians and others....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50134 Mar 13, 2013
If males can be circumcised in accordance to backward religious laws then why did they not mandate the circumcision of females as for instance the cutting off of the clit? WHO defines female circumscion as: "...all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons."

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50135 Mar 13, 2013
If homosexuality invites the death penalty as per barbaric religious teachings, why did they fail to mention lesbianism and anal sex between man and woman as being equally abominable and prescribe capital punishment for all of these?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50136 Mar 13, 2013
Did the ignorant prophets know anything at all about the root causes of homosexual instincts and the damage caused to the nerve currents and synaptic connections by anal sex?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50137 Mar 13, 2013
Whereas evils like animal and human sacrifices were considered perfectly valid by the deluded prophets...

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50138 Mar 13, 2013
Define Truth.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50139 Mar 13, 2013
Defining truth, God, prophet, revelation, peace, messiah and salvation would expectedly invite dozens of definitions from people with various belief systems and not one of these definitions would be invalid with each being a partial definition but for everyone to agree to one rigid definition of any of the above terms is impossible and so the quest for global uniformity is bound to end in failure. Why, even within a religion there exist several denominations as various followers of the same faith may not agree on every aspect of their common scripture. ROFL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50140 Mar 13, 2013
No one can claim his scripture is divine and those of others undivine on the basis of language, archetypal God and customs. There's no universal definition of divinity as there is no single definition of God, scripture, prophet and truth. Besides, we observe that each scripture is in many ways a copy of some older or contemporary book with a few twists being given to the borrowed teachings and a few new ideas being given. The very teachings of all scriptures are mostly of a questionable kind, while the verifiable and beneficial ones are rare. Mosr religions preach personalities and fail to dwell on universal and imperishable principles and ignore life-uplifting techniques based on cosmological, psychological and material laws and their effects. WE have scriptures promoting evils and nonsense like incest, ritual murder, creation from nothing, flat earth, propagation of the human species from a single man-woman pair, untouchability, cremation and pedophilia. So, what can be said about such religions? Religion is trash, the prophets were to a large degree madmen, their God(s) were/are imperfect beings and religious types are nuts.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50141 Mar 13, 2013
Rabbi (Dr) Solomon Isaacson aka Papa is preparing to retire for the day.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50142 Mar 13, 2013
Semen contains a dense concentration of silvery-white life-forces.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50143 Mar 13, 2013
HINDU ABOMINATION - TOUCHING THE FEET OF OTHERS:

The foolish, superstitious and spineless Hindus have a horrible custom of touching the feet of elders or of religious leaders.

This is a damaging custom that must be stopped forthwith since the soles of the feet radiate a strong force field that's associated with the subconscious impressions of mind, vital and physical aspects of personality.

So, by touching the feet they establish a direct connection with the subconscious force field of the person whose feet they touch and in the process they draw in various vibrations most of which would be of a distorted kind since the subconscious is the repository of most of our undesirable traits that constantly transmits impulses into the our surface personality to act upon.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50144 Mar 14, 2013
JOEL wrote:
JEWRY:
The sharpest tensions between Israel and American Jewry crystallized during the “who is a Jew” controversy that followed immediately after the 1988 Israeli elections. Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, anxious to include ultra-Orthodox parties in his coalition, offered them the prospect of amending the “who is a Jew” clause in the Law of Return to specify that Jewish status existed only by halachic criteria-meaning children of Jewish mothers and those who converted to Judaism “in accordance with Jewish law.”
And the Supreme Court said no.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50145 Mar 14, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is denying the standard definition. If tomorrow technological advances make it possible for say chimps, aliens (?) or cows to interbreed with humans would that make the hybrids a species? I've heard that covert science has already done this....
What I was hinting at in my post was that there exist structural and functional differences based on genetic distinctiveness among various groups of humans as seen among Africans, Caucasions, Mongolians, Dravidians and others....
Yawn. Please re-read what you wrote.

1. "would that make the hybrids a species?"

2. One cannot take a word with an accepted scientific meaning and attempt to redefine it to mean something entirely different. I causes others not to know what the hell the former means. The scientific classifications of living organisms is a fixed system.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50147 Mar 14, 2013
GREAT AYURVEDIC OIL:

Hey by the way, please try out this fantastic ayurvedic oil for burns, wounds, cuts, sprains, swelling and massage.

Every 100 ml of the oil contains:

1) 3 % Guggal (Commiphora Mukul) and

2) 97 % Til Oil (Sesamum Indicum)

It's a great oil. Prepare it at home or buy it under the brand name Lookman-e-Hayat Tel.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50148 Mar 14, 2013
MY FUNERAL:

What would my funeral be like?

Recently, the senior Ezras, knowing my aversion to the traditional religious rituals, asked me about the kind of funeral I'd desire if anything untoward were to happen to me.

Well, I gave them the following info that they carefully listened to:

1) Wash my body thoroughly with fresh spring water and sprinkle a little sandal wood serum on it.

2) Cover the body with a white piece of cotton cloth.

3) Place the body in a casket with face upwards and hands and palms open so that the escaping forces easily quit the cataleptic body. The face should never be placed in the downward position and the palms should not be closed or clenched palm as these positions retard the escape the forces from the body.

4) Bury the casket in the north south direction with the head pointing towards the geographical north where the earth's magnetic south pole is located. The magnetic north pole in the body lies in the head region, while the body's magnetic south pole is in the feet. So, by aligning the body's magnetic north with the earth's magnetic south pole there would be no repulsion and the exiting force fields from the dead body would gain a smoother passage and maintain their electro-magnetic stability all throughout.

5) No prayers or chanting or weeping at my funeral. Only thoughts of peace, good will and harmony should permeate the minds of those present. This will aid in creating an atmosphereof balance in the exiting forces from my dead body.

6) No donation of my body parts for medical or other purposes as the forces maintain a link even after death for at least 7 days with the corpse.

7) On the 7th day, white and frgarant flowers should be placed on my grave as a sign of universal stability and to indicate the final exiting of all the forces from the dead body.

8) Even if I drop dead today, I'll go happily as I've experienced some of the very best in the mystical, intellectual and material spheres with the only regret being the lack of happiness with parents and sister (Tina) all of whom are no more. Shalom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50149 Mar 14, 2013
JOEL wrote:
I wish I could undo my own circumcision...
If possible you would once again have your pencil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 182,029
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 3 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
Chicago Pizza Blows 10 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 11 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST