Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,226)

Showing posts 44,501 - 44,520 of68,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the cultural descendants of the Mughals really any much better?
Descendants of Mughals have already merged into Indian society....and fallen worse than SC / ST and untouchables in past 60 years after independence.

It is remnants of British like our false yogi, who live in cuff Parade in Bombay and think they have come to heaven and look down poor and uneducated and unemployed people of India, who were less fortunate than them.

They are "kale angrez" I was speaking about....they speak like "these bloody Indians..."
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
YOU REALLY ARE LOVER OF ALLAH/SATAN, IF YOU HAD LOVE FOR THE JEWS WHICH JESUS IS KING OF THE JEWS , YOU WOULD NEVER PRINT SUCH LIES, BUT I KINDA UNDERSTAND AFTER ALL SATAN IS THE FATHER LIES, and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker, if you hate the jews then you hate their G-d.......
Ans.

Please do not mention Allah and Satan in one sense. Allah is the same as YHWH of Jews and God of Christians and Satan is the Devil, how can you equate Allah with Satan. Does change of Arabic language change YHWH into Devil?

I know jesus' love for Jews, but some how Jews of his days did not reciprocate that love. It was one sided love affair.

The Jews of Jesus' time, cursed both him and his mother and tried every trick in the bag to get him killed.

And for 2000 years Christians all over the world were "reciprocating" their love of Jews by committing atrocities on them in every Christian country.

Now for past 60 odd years, the Christians have had a change of heart and once again think that Jews are "God's wooly little lambikins"to be treated as most delicate and most sensitive pieces of humanity that ever lived.

No, we do not swring from one extreme to another.

To us Jews are like any other human race. They originated from Abraham, God had mercy on them, chose them and sent prophets after prophets in them.

But they did not reciprocate that Love and Mercy and broke their covenants again and again.

Two times they were chastised by God and after killing of Jesus, they were removed from the class of "chosen people" and they can only get to that status, only after accepting Jesus as their prophet.

All this Christian's love of Jews is one sided, no Jew has changed his stance towards Jesus, but Christians are ready to kiss the feet of God's Chosen people.

This is what which brain washing can do to you, is it not?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

SS wrote:
Wait a minute, you little equivicating snake in the grass. What is this nonsense you propose about David being a "Prophet?" No. Not even slightly. He earned an earthly crown, good for him, but that is IT, and that is ALL. And, yeah, he made his share of mistakes, too, nothing as bad as the man YOU would revere and call "holy," (I've noticed you STILL dodge the question,) but of course he did, he was a man. A king. But NOT a "prophet." So tell me again, Muq. If you've got the courage, anyways. Look deep into your own soul and TELL me you BELIEVE that it is a Holy and a Pious thing for a grown man to MARRY a child who is not even 10 years old. Don't equivicate. Don't make excuses. Don't post more of your nonsense about some "flaming sword of Islam up your ass" or whatever it is you keep posting. Just answer. Be a man for once in your life. Yes or no, Muq? Is it right for someone like YOU to go off and force an 8-year old into marriage with you? Or is it that, secretly, you DO approve of such behavior? After all, that is your "prophet," isn't it?
Ans.

01. So David is not a prophet, just a king? Is it? Then how come Psalms of David are included in the Holy Bible?

And why two books of Bible are filled with nothing else except his "glorious deeds"?

How come Jesus was to sit on the throne of David, if David was no prophet of God?

I do not know what your concept of prophet is? David was a prophet as well as King. That was same as Moses and Solomon and some others too.

02. In case of our prophet, his marriage to Lady Aiyesha was very correct as per the local customs of that time. She had attained the age of marriage and there was no objection raised by any one.

And it was lady Aiyesha which got benefited by the marriage and not prophet. She became the "most knowledgeable women in Islam" just because of that marriage and what she learned from prophet.

And you people are just taking "birth day card" and creating your sky scrappers of hate and hatred.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Descendants of Mughals have already merged into Indian society....and fallen worse than SC / ST and untouchables in past 60 years after independence.
It is remnants of British like our false yogi, who live in cuff Parade in Bombay and think they have come to heaven and look down poor and uneducated and unemployed people of India, who were less fortunate than them.
They are "kale angrez" I was speaking about....they speak like "these bloody Indians..."
But dont you agree that the British represent the best in high culture?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
and even the Japs, Koreans and Chinese are way ahead of India.
Luckily, I live in an area in Mumbai that's highly westernized and where people have been educated in modern ideas at the best academic institutions in India and abroad and so here the culture shock that one encounters in the other parts of the city or nation are not as pronounced. Besides, English is the spoken language at home and on the streets in 99.9 % households in the swank areas of Mumbai like Breach Candy, Colaba, Altamount Road, Pedder Road, Malabar Hill, Ridge Road, Carmichael Road, Bandra, Juhu, Walkeshwar, Kemps Corner and the like.
I am sure that the British would be proud to hear that his former slave regrets the colonization was over.

Look at what this idiot has written "English is the spoken language at home and on the streets in 99.9 % households in the swank areas of Mumbai"

So instead to speak an indian language, like say Sanskrit, they are happy with the language their master imposed to them...

If that is true we are in front of a case of people who are highly ashamed of their own culture and suffer of inferiority complex.

I really laugh at them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Our false yogi is trying to say that he is "kaala angrez"!!
British have left, but left their illegitimate children here. Those who look down on others because they do not have as much money and manners as they.
Little these people understand that manners and respectability comes from what is inside your hearts and by living in a high fashion home and getting your suits cleaned from London and Paris.
I told you number of times, that he in no yogi, false yogi is apt title for him.
Blowing his trumpet all by himself.
Don't worry, I don't think there is someone who thinks he's a yogi, we know he's a charlatan who loves to play that character.

We let him doing so just for enterneining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

PARDON

I meant entertaining

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I have something better on offer:

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam paper.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
(1). If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
(2). If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A

:p)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, most people, including the vast majority of the educated, in India are retards and are barely civilized or thoughtful.
I would hesitate to apply the label of human-being to them.
The same is the case with most people in the world but I think in a nation like India it stands out like a sore thumb given its past superior civilizational achievements followed by the great plummmet into ignorance that's so shocking when you live among them and are an intellectual-spiritual elite.
In the intellectual and free thinking spheres, the Europeans and the Americans and even the Japs, Koreans and Chinese are way ahead of India.
Luckily, I live in an area in Mumbai that's highly westernized and where people have been educated in modern ideas at the best academic institutions in India and abroad and so here the culture shock that one encounters in the other parts of the city or nation are not as pronounced. Besides, English is the spoken language at home and on the streets in 99.9 % households in the swank areas of Mumbai like Breach Candy, Colaba, Altamount Road, Pedder Road, Malabar Hill, Ridge Road, Carmichael Road, Bandra, Juhu, Walkeshwar, Kemps Corner and the like.
Interesting reading and a significant departure from the NORM.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Where you live, if a poor person has the intellectual capacity to pursue a higher education, is such a path provided for free (or at least according to his/her means?)?

If there is such a path, is it widely available? Or does the person have to out compete hundreds or thousands of other like minded individuals?
There are no poor or middle class people living in Breach Candy, Nepeansea Road, Walkeshwar, Cuffe Parade, Malabar, Peddder Road, Altamount Road, Carmichael Road and other areas in South Mumbai. There are a few slums on the fringes, that's all. Otherwise, these are highly exclusive areas.

There are several scholarships instituted by trusts funded by the wealthy that're made available to bright and needy students to pursue higher education.

Living in these elite areas in Mumbai is quite a different experience due to its global outlook than living in the other areas in Mumbai and the rest of India.

The class, style, poise, attitude and wealth on display are so overwhelming that even the Western expats get an inferior complex when they live on rental basis in apartments in any of the abovenamed swank areas. Even in the South Mumbai 5 star hotels like the Taj, Taj Vivanta, Oberoi-Trident, 4 Seasons or in uber-elite clubs like Willingdon, Bombay Gym, Breach Candy Club, Queen's Gym and a few others, the White expats feel ill-at-ease amdist the terrific class and tremendous money-power exuded by the South Mumbai crowd. And being educated at Cathedral puts you into a world that's exclusively Western with hardly or nothing of the ethnic touch. Cathedral is India's number one school and holds the national record of producing the highest number of IIT JEE toppers (All India Rank #1)and is well-known among the faculty of the best universities abroad. As stated, the language spoken at home and on the streets in these areas in South Mumbai is exclusively English. Not that we don't know Hindi or other Indian languages. We consider ourselves international citizens and so speak in English - and the level of English is of a high standard that matches the best spoken or written anywhere in the world - and our educational system and administration in India are based primarily on English. We've moved from the local to the global, from the parochial to the universal.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Interesting reading and a significant departure from the NORM.
See, I'm telling you point-blank that most Indians cannot be considered civilized or intelligent or human and the effect of the plummet from the highest degree of culture attained to in the distant past has been so unsettling that the rampant degradation visible in most places here is shocking - apathy, exploitation, corruption, unhygiene, noise, crowds, pollution, garbage mounds, jostling, slums, beggars, rapes, murders, screaming, spitting, defecating/urinating in the open, mistreating menial helpers, discrimination against women, religious superstitions, religious and casteist fanaticism, communal hatred and the like. Thankfully, I am away from the filthy reality that is Modern India as seen in 99.99% parts of the nation.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Malabar should read Malabar Hill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no poor or middle class people living in Breach Candy, Nepeansea Road, Walkeshwar, Cuffe Parade, Malabar, Peddder Road, Altamount Road, Carmichael Road and other areas in South Mumbai. There are a few slums on the fringes, that's all. Otherwise, these are highly exclusive areas.
There are several scholarships instituted by trusts funded by the wealthy that're made available to bright and needy students to pursue higher education.
Living in these elite areas in Mumbai is quite a different experience due to its global outlook than living in the other areas in Mumbai and the rest of India.
The class, style, poise, attitude and wealth on display are so overwhelming that even the Western expats get an inferior complex when they live on rental basis in apartments in any of the abovenamed swank areas. Even in the South Mumbai 5 star hotels like the Taj, Taj Vivanta, Oberoi-Trident, 4 Seasons or in uber-elite clubs like Willingdon, Bombay Gym, Breach Candy Club, Queen's Gym and a few others, the White expats feel ill-at-ease amdist the terrific class and tremendous money-power exuded by the South Mumbai crowd. And being educated at Cathedral puts you into a world that's exclusively Western with hardly or nothing of the ethnic touch. Cathedral is India's number one school and holds the national record of producing the highest number of IIT JEE toppers (All India Rank #1)and is well-known among the faculty of the best universities abroad. As stated, the language spoken at home and on the streets in these areas in South Mumbai is exclusively English. Not that we don't know Hindi or other Indian languages. We consider ourselves international citizens and so speak in English - and the level of English is of a high standard that matches the best spoken or written anywhere in the world - and our educational system and administration in India are based primarily on English. We've moved from the local to the global, from the parochial to the universal.
My question was in regards to Mumbai in general, obviously. We all know rich people and the people that love them have educational opportunities. But what about the poor? Can anyone achieve a higher level of education if they want to?

If not, you cant blame them from being "crass".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>

You make it sound like a global outlook is the highest level of civilization one can attain. Its not. Your notion is a combination of new money values, and internalized colonialism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The class, style, poise, attitude and wealth on display are so overwhelming that even the Western expats get an inferior complex when they live on rental basis in apartments in any of the abovenamed swank areas.
LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it sound like a global outlook is the highest level of civilization one can attain. Its not. Your notion is a combination of new money values, and internalized colonialism.
It's more than it, he confused the British culture in primis and then the Western culture as global outlook that the world has to attain to be considered as international citizens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike other people here, me and you know well that South of Cuffe Parade is full of slums. Not to speak the exterior outlook of the palaces in Cuffe Parade that look very dirty.

I don't know the situation of those swank areas you named but I won't be surprised if we find a similar situation like that in Cuffe Parade, where you claim to live at.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

But what about the poor?

Can anyone achieve a higher level of education if they want to?

If not, you cant blame them from being "crass".
Education is merit-based and so there's no bar to entering IIT, or any other university provided one clears the entrance exams and is able to cope with the academic pressure once admitted to a professional college. Government and private scholarships are available aplenty for the economically weaker sections of society.

Goodness, high thinking, intelligence and class are innate in one's nature and have nothing to do with economic or educational status though in India we see that the poorer areas are zones of degradation and mass disorganization and they're adding to the mess with their flawed attitudes. Besides, I clearly stated in aprevious post and I add that most Indians, in India or abroad, rich or poor/educated or uneducated, are ill-bred and can hardly be called human beings.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You make it sound like a global outlook is the highest level of civilization one can attain. Its not.
See, you will not understand the value of cultivating a global outlook shorn of all narrow affiliations in view of the tribal cult that you cling to and the parochial ethno-cultural-religious stand that you adopt in your dealings with people here.

Besides, it's evident that you're not exposed to the high life in a material sense and led a rather impoverished life in days bygone and even now it's quite evident that you're still struggling in this sense. I don't condemn but I am just making a point to clarify the issue.

So, a person with a sectarian outlook and lacking in intelligence, secularism, sensitivity and materialism can never appreciate what it means to cultivate a global outlook that's free of parochialism, narrow identities and bigotry.

The cultivation of a global outlook is an important step towards the supramental realization that is based not on divisions, bigotry and sectarianism but on a unified cosmic causation.

The supramental yoga demands an integral or all-round perfection and so the genuine candidates of the integral yoga would ideally speaking be those rare individuals who are all-rounded having beauty, poise, intelligence, material wealth, compassion, endurance, secularism, eco-sensitivity and capacity for inner experiences. Only such a versatile or well-rounded person can attain to the unified state of the supramental consciousness, while those with deficiences in any of the above departments will have only partial yogic experiences (either of the spiritual or demonic kind) provided they have the capacity for yoga.

Lots of Love and Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

The global outlook leads to the cosmic outlook.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 44,501 - 44,520 of68,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Homer 1,071,993
Amy 7-11 11 min Kuuipo 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min ritedownthemiddle 45,463
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,529
The rare and elusive Colombian perro caliente s... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 48,687
'Kitty Zombie' TV Pilot Filming in Joliet Monday 1 hr BK2A 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,591
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••