Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,221 - 44,240 of 68,838 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Callahan is much cooler than Clint Eastwood, esp the old, senile Clint.
"...I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
One can have altogether too much hanging, garotting, knifing and sword-wielding, especially when young poetic girls are involved.
You are a true romantic.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

How the Quranic prophesy was fulfilled:

It is strange to see how the Quranic prophesy about ABU LAHAB was fulfilled in its minutest details. Let us consider some of them relating to this world (what he will face in the Hereafter is known to Allah only).

1. He saw the message of Islam growing at a slow place despite his utmost opposition, Every new Muslim was like a thorn pierced into his heart. So he had to bear these daily thorns!

2. His eldest son, who had spat at the face of prophet, was devoured by a Wild beast while he was going with a Trade Caravan a few weeks after doing this dastardly act. Prophet had prayed to Allah to put some Dog of His dogs upon that ungrateful person.

3. His daughter accepted Islam before his eyes and some of his other close relatives also. He could do nothing but watch in insolence. His two remaining sons accepted Islam at the time of Conquest of Makkah and remained devout Muslims till the end of their ;oves.

4. In the second year of Prophet’s migration, the famous battle of Badr took place. ABU LAHAB did not take part in the battle, because he was sick. But the loss of Badr, when most of chiefs of Makkah were either slain in the battle field or were taken captives, broke his heart.

5. He took to himself and soon was struck with the plague, and died a few days later. Due to contagious nature of disease, every one was afraid to go near him and touch him for burial. They left him in that condition, till bad smell filled his house and whole vicinity. Ultimately his sons, paid some money to black slaves in Makkah, who demolished the house on his body….making some type of grave.

5A. His wife met a strange death due to strangulation, when a load of burning wood she was carrying on her head and used a rope to tie it, slipped and the rope tightened around her neck and she died of suffocation and strangulation. A Divine punishment worthy of a rabid Islam and Prophet hater!

6. That was his total loss in this world….no one takes his name , except as mentioned in Quran. The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people.

Such was the strange story of ABU LAHAB, the bitterest enemy of prophet, who had to pick up the “Sword of rejection and ridicules” from the Prophet ignoring all other “Beautiful Swords that he possessed”

But if there are no thorns in the garden who would appreciate the flowers?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

SC wrote:
01.I don't recollect such a curse from the Gospels or Nazarene against his enemies who not insulted him but killed him.

02. It looks like the Nazarene had much more manners than your prophet Muhammad.
Ans.

01. May be not on a personal level, but he did warned the Jews very sternly. And he prophesized the destruction of Jerusalem and he warned Jews "The Kingdom of heaven shall be taken from you and given to others…"

Are these not curses? In Quran ABU LAHAB is curse as a person and that too when he exceeded all bonds of civility and ties of kinfolk.

02. Nazarenes and thousands of tribes like them would have in "elementary classes" of Mannerism where our Prophet did his Doctorate!!

You do not know the full life history of our prophet, other wise you would not dare open your mouth with such shallow remarks.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. May be not on a personal level, but he did warned the Jews very sternly. And he prophesized the destruction of Jerusalem and he warned Jews "The Kingdom of heaven shall be taken from you and given to others…"
Are these not curses? In Quran ABU LAHAB is curse as a person and that too when he exceeded all bonds of civility and ties of kinfolk.
02. Nazarenes and thousands of tribes like them would have in "elementary classes" of Mannerism where our Prophet did his Doctorate!!
You do not know the full life history of our prophet, other wise you would not dare open your mouth with such shallow remarks.
Warning is not a curse. Prophesize something, even if negative, that has to come in future is not a curse. So you don't know neither what a curse is then.

I recollect that when the Nazarene was crucified he didn't curse the roman soldiers or all the people who wanted him death. He just said to his father to forgive them.

Muhammad was nothing compared with the Nazarene...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/16/non_believers...

Non-believers taking college campuses by storm

In the past few years, the number of affiliated student secular organizations has increased more than threefold

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/1 6/non_believers_taking_college _campuses_by_storm_partner/
In the past few years, the number of affiliated student secular organizations has increased more than threefold
Let reason prevail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Let reason prevail.
You should thank God every day you dont live in Texas

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
What a roman book deviced character states is of no relevance.

Well with all the BS you shuffle you have thus painted a false picture again, i conclude from your last remark.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Warning is not a curse. Prophesize something, even if negative, that has to come in future is not a curse. So you don't know neither what a curse is then.
I recollect that when the Nazarene was crucified he didn't curse the roman soldiers or all the people who wanted him death. He just said to his father to forgive them.
Muhammad was nothing compared with the Nazarene...
What they have in common is that they are both book characters who's actual existence can not be proven.
Furthermore they both have a huge empire behind them and form a mix of religious practices and ideas that lived in the centuries of their resultant existence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You should thank God every day you dont live in Texas
:-)

I think I'm even more thankful for not living in Mississippi or Alabama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153479/mississippi...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/1 6/non_believers_taking_college _campuses_by_storm_partner/
http://youtu.be/qYpA-vVnBw4

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
What they have in common is that they are both book characters who's actual existence can not be proven.
That's true.

Would you confirm that the following people were book's characters whose existence cannot be proven, like that of Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Set, Methuselah, Noah, Shem, Ham, Japhet, Abraham, Isaac, Yacob, Judah, Salomon, Isaiah?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
All of that for only 39 bucks...(airfare not included)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I think I'm even more thankful for not living in Mississippi or Alabama.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/153479/mississippi...
Texas didnt even make the shortlist

I noticed that New York and DC are more religious than CT.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey - be of some use

this question came up today: Interpret the relationship between pe and Eh.

What is the answer? All that I know is that they measure basically the same thing.
Hi Papa.

1) All chemical reactions involve changes in free energy. A reaction proceeds when dG (delta G, the total free energy change) is negative. dG is a quantitative measure of the driving force of the reaction and is the maximum work that can be obtained from the reaction, regardless of whether the work is done or not.

2) when a metal is dipped in an electric solution an electrical equilibrium is attained giving rise to the formation of an electrical double layer. The potential across this is the electrode potential and it depends on the activity of the ions.

For a given electrode:

Reduced state ---------- Oxidized state ---------- ne^-1

The potential of the electrode is represented by the Nernst Equation:

Eox = E^0(ox)- RT/(nF) ln (oxidized state)/(reduced state),

Or,

Eox = E^0 (ox)- 2.303RT/nF log to the base 10 (oxidized state)/(reduced state).

At 25 deg C,

Eox = E^0 (ox)- 0.059/n log (oxidized state)/(reduced state)

E(cell)= E (electrode)- E(reference)

NOTE: The electrode with more negative reduction potential is an oxidation electrode and behaves as anode and vice versa.

3) LHE - Left Hand Electrode

RHE - Right Hand Electrode

The net cell reaction is the combination of oxidation reaction at LHE (oxidation electrode) and reduction reaction at RHE (reduction electrode). Hence, the EMF of the cell, Ecell, can be represented as:

Ecell = Eox(LHE)+ Ered(RHE)= Eox(LHE)+(-Eox)RHE = E1 - E2,

where E1 and E2 both are oxidation potentials. If the reduction potentials are given, then:

Ecell =-Ered(LHE)+ Ered(RHE = E(RHE)- E(LHE).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Just came in half an hour earlier. Busy these days getting the new apartment ready.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

That should read:

when a metal is dipped in an electrolytic solution...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Reason should be supported by instinct from below and it should be elevated from above by intuition.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

The triune of consciousness: instinct - reason - intuition. These are the triple graduated aspects of the unified field of consciousness in manifestation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 2:56AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••