Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,101 - 44,120 of 68,965 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49184 Feb 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

That one earned a chuckle.
Yes, Papa.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49185 Feb 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You are now in Hughbes territory again. You are advancing the use of a private vocabulary.

Thats not how anyone else, or more significantly, how Rabbi Merriam-Webster would define the term.
Ok, Papa.

No offence meant.

I was just conveying to the audience on this august forum the special meaning that I attach to the term based on yogic experiences and intellectual understanding.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49186 Feb 12, 2013
BEAUTY:

"Beauty is complete order. But most of us have not that sense of beauty in our lives. We may be great artists, great painters, expert in various things, but in our own daily life, with all the anxieties and miseries, we live, unfortunately, a very disordered life. It is a fact. You may be a great scientist, you may be a great expert in a subject, but you have your own problems, struggles, pain, anxieties and the rest of it. We are asking, is it possible to live in complete order within, not impose discipline, control, but to inquire into the nature of this disorder, what are the causes, and to dispel, move away, wash away the cause. Then there is a living order in the universe."

J Krishnamurti

QUESTIONS:

1) What is meant by the term beauty?

2) What is meant by order and disorder?

3) Is order the opposite of disorder? Explain.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49187 Feb 12, 2013
DESTROYING PAIN & SUFFERING:

"Pain itself destroys pain. Suffering itself frees man from suffering."

J Krishnamurti: The Little Book on Living

QUESTION:

Where lies the error in J Krishnamurti's analysis? Why?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49188 Feb 12, 2013
EMPTYING THE MIND:

"The mind has to be empty to see clearly."

QUESTION:

Is it possible to empty the mind? How? Is Krishnamurti correct in saying so?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49189 Feb 12, 2013
NATURE & RELIGION:

"When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important."

QUESTION:

What more can be added to his view above?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49190 Feb 12, 2013
THE DEVIL & ORGANIZED RELIGIONS:

"You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."

COMMENT:

Nice.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49191 Feb 12, 2013
BELIEF & FEAR:

"The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."

J Krishnamurti

QUESTIONS:

1) When do belief and fear arise in the human being?

2) What is belief and what is fear?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49192 Feb 12, 2013
RELIGIONS & SHRINES:

"Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples."

J Krishnamurti

COMMENT:

Nice. The age of religion is fast coming to an end. Religion and God (a being of a plane) belong to the inferior planes of consciousness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49193 Feb 12, 2013
NATURE & MURDER:

"If you lose touch with nature you lose touch with humanity. If there's no relationship with nature then you become a killer; then you kill baby seals, whales, dolphins, and man either for gain, for sport, for food, or for knowledge. Then nature is frightened of you, withdrawing its beauty. You may take long walks in the woods or camp in lovely places but you are a killer and so lose their friendship. You probably are not related to anything to your wife or your husband."

J.Krishnamurti, Krishanmurti's Journal 04 April 1975

COMMENTS:

Non-violent communication, unschooling and sound eugenic practices to procreate offspring with lofty instincts are the imperative needs of the hour at this moment of crisis in the evolution of the terrestrial nature.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#49194 Feb 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's mere play on words.
The exclusive worship of one God (being) who wants to be the only God over and above all its rivals (other beings) is my definition of monotheism.
Personally speaking, I have sufficient direct experience of this petty stand. This is another matter, however.
No play on words.

You just need to extend your vocabulary, instead of making definitions up.

Frijoles defined monotheism, I defined monolatrism.

From the Torah we can understand that the hebrews believed each nation has its own god(s), so they have their own. At one point until this very days the Hebrews rejected and still do the idea of the existence of other god(s), becoming therefore monotheists.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49195 Feb 12, 2013
CAUSAL NATURE OF QUESTION & ANSWER:

"If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem."

J.Krishnamurti

COMMENTS:

1) Effect is nothing else but the cause in partial or complete manifestation.

2) An effect must be at least as great as its cause in terms of information content.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49196 Feb 12, 2013
THE DING AN SICH & THE QUALITIES:

"The description is not the described; I can describe the mountain, but the description is not the mountain, and if you are caught up in the description, as most people are, then you will never see the mountain."

J.Krishnamurti

COMMENTS:

True. The thatness of an objects always eludes the senses and the sense-informed mind. Besides, the instreumental parts of being are so designed so as to adpat themselves to a narrow range of traits of the object under invedstigation and the object in turn reveals only so much of its qualities as the instrument is designed to study.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49197 Feb 12, 2013
TRUE CRITICISM:

"To me, then, true criticism consists in trying to find out the intrinsic worth of the thing itself, and not in attributing a quality to that thing. You attribute a quality to an environment, to an experience, only when you want to derive something from it, when you want to gain or to have power or happiness. Now this destroys true criticism. Your desire is perverted through attributing values, and therefore you cannot see clearly. Instead of trying to see the flower in its original and entire beauty, you look at it through coloured glasses, and therefore you can never see it as it is."

J.Krishnamurti

1933-12-29 1st Public Talk, Adyar, Madras, India.

COMMENT:

The thing-in-itself of an object under investigation cannot be known by reason or by inferential methods. True knowledge of the thatness of an object can only be acquired by the identification in consciousness of the subject with the object.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49198 Feb 12, 2013
OBSERVER-OBSERVED - MONISM:

"The observer is the observed."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

COMMENTS:

True, where the self in the manifestation is concerned but this assertion is false when the ultimate reality is sought to be explained by referring to one entity that serves as the source of the manifestation/cosmos. The ultimate reality is a sytem or a uniifed field with consciousness and energy serving as the obverse and reverse aspects of one reality which is the unified field.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49199 Feb 12, 2013
TRADITION IS DECADENCE:

"Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

COMMENT:

True in most ways. Traditions and rituals are futile and a sheer waste of time, energy, material resources and consciousness. Direct experience and realization are everything.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49200 Feb 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Papa.
No offence meant.
I was just conveying to the audience on this august forum the special meaning that I attach to the term based on yogic experiences and intellectual understanding.
Resolved.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49201 Feb 12, 2013
FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING:

"And the point is, is it possible for the mind to be totally free from suffering and yet not become indifferent, callous, irresponsible, but to have that passion, the intensity, the energy that freedom brings, freedom from suffering."

J Krishnamurti, 3rd Public Talk, San Francisco, 1973

COMMENTS:

QUESTION:

How can this superior state of mental existence come about? Give the mechanisms involved.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49202 Feb 12, 2013
Good night from Joel, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49203 Feb 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Resolved.
Thank you.

Good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TSM 1,100,059
Amy 8-29 10 min loose cannon 12
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Donít Mess With Russia 15 min Infowars 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min edogxxx 97,929
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 46,307
The LIE behind the LYNCH MOB 35 min Balance or article 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min LRS 177,366
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••