Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,081 - 44,100 of 68,366 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Which by the way isnt that different than yours - I still think you force your interpretations of other people's ideas too much into the literalistic and personal.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

you have just elevated your own God
God is a being among several other beings.

Each archetypal being is God.

I don't worship any being/God.

The Ultimate Reality is a system or a unified field of consciousness-energy that in partial manifestation gives rise to the graduated cosmos and to the archetypal beings of the various cosmic planes like YHVH, Allah, Baal, Moloch, Vishnu, Shiva, Lucifer and others.

Laughably, each one of these archetypal beings styles itself as
G-d/God and warns its followers of dire consequences if they worship other beings (their rivals). LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

AGENDA:

I shall be posting several excerpts from the writings and talks of FRITJOF CAPRA and J KRISHNAMURTI with detailed analysis where necessary.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

EXISTENCE is an adventure of consciousness!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I am going to shower. Bye.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God is a being among several other beings.
Each archetypal being is God.
I don't worship any being/God.
The Ultimate Reality is a system or a unified field of consciousness-energy that in partial manifestation gives rise to the graduated cosmos and to the archetypal beings of the various cosmic planes like YHVH, Allah, Baal, Moloch, Vishnu, Shiva, Lucifer and others.
Laughably, each one of these archetypal beings styles itself as
G-d/God and warns its followers of dire consequences if they worship other beings (their rivals). LOL.
You are telling other people what they are worshipping.

With all due respect that is arrogant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How come?
Monotheism means the worship of just one being among numerous beings.
Don't YHVH, Allah and other inferior beings warn their respective followers of severe punishment if they happen to worship other gods/beings?
This clearly shows that YHVH and Allah with their anthropathetic traits wish to be the dominant being over and above their rivals (other beings).
Thats not the definition of monotheism

Definition of MONOTHEISM
: the doctrine or belief that there is but one God

----------

The punishment is for worshipping "beings" OTHER than God. God is not a being, or in the words of Green, God is BEING. Limits of language once again.

Sometimes I think you are not that different than Hughbe after all. Same literalistic approach.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

JOEL wrote:
AGENDA:
I shall be posting several excerpts from the writings and talks of FRITJOF CAPRA and J KRISHNAMURTI with detailed analysis where necessary.
I took the liberty of googling around a bit regarding your hero FRITJOF CAPRA and honestly, I think he has more of a grip on a lot of these ideas than you do.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Refreshed. I missed Hugh - had Hugh been in the shower with me, he would have scrubbed my back with a loofah.

(smiles)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Monotheism means the worship of one being among several others who are its rivals.
This is why we read in the monotheistic scriptures serious threats issued by a particular being against worshipping other gods (its rival beings).
"I am a jealous being (G-d)!".
These are the inferior cults of the world that have ensnared in their nets billions of myopic followers with each bunch of deluded followers believing that a particular being that it worships (to the exclusion of all other beings) is the Supreme God or whatever and the being worshipped loves arrogating to itself the grand title of the Supreme Ruler and Supreme Creator of the universe. LOL.
Judaism is not a monotheistic religion as you naively understood, but a monolastristic religion.

Monolatrism recognizes the existence of many gods, but it focuses only to worship one god out of many.

In Torah YHVH never said that other gods don't exist, but rather he has warned the Hebrews to not worship other gods, he's very jealous about it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

NOTE:

I will be posting excerpts from the works/talks of Fritjof Capra and J Krishnamurti and correct all the errors in their views.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Judaism is not a monotheistic religion as you naively understood, but a monolastristic religion.
That's mere play on words.

The exclusive worship of one God (being) who wants to be the only God over and above all its rivals (other beings) is my definition of monotheism.

Personally speaking, I have sufficient direct experience of this petty stand. This is another matter, however.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Ya Ma.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

After, man, the mental being, who?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The supramental being.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

After the supramental being, who?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The being of bliss? Not sure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Refreshed. I missed Hugh - had Hugh been in the shower with me, he would have scrubbed my back with a loofah.
(smiles)
That one earned a chuckle

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Monolatrism recognizes the existence of many gods, but it focuses only to worship one god out of many.
In Torah YHVH never said that other gods don't exist, but rather he has warned the Hebrews to not worship other gods, he's very jealous about it.
Thanks for the term. My vocabulary is one word larger now.

From a theoretical perspective, you are correct. But from a practical perspective, Judaism is a monotheistic religion - i.e. I dont think you will find many modern practitioners that would actually follow the interpretation you offered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's mere play on words.
The exclusive worship of one God (being) who wants to be the only God over and above all its rivals (other beings) is my definition of monotheism.
Personally speaking, I have sufficient direct experience of this petty stand. This is another matter, however.
You are now in Hughbes territory again. You are advancing the use of a private vocabulary.

Thats not how anyone else, or more significantly, how Rabbi Merriam-Webster would define the term.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000