Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,461
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48233 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Shocking isnt it?
HughBe--- quantify the "many Jews". Why not REJECT the support? Is Israel being FORCED to accept its GREATEST ASSET?
Explain the meaning of GREATEST ASSET.
already presented my view

get over it

Location hidden

#48234 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles, EXPLAIN and reconcile with your charge of anti-Semitic.
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor...
All quotes are from the Jerusalem Post. Note, I did NOT write the article.
"Many Evangelical Christian organizations in Israel, with support from Evangelical Christians around the world, are providing food and other assistance to thousands of Israeli immigrants and poor families."

get over it

Location hidden

#48235 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles, what you have demonstrated once again is that your religion teaches HATE.
Certainly the Jew who wrote the article in the Jerusalem Post is NOT a member of Judaism. How do I know this? It is a HONEST report. Had he been a blind DUMB sheep like you he would NEVER have written it.
God BLESS him ABUNDANTLY.
Finally, intelligence have REJECTED your religion. Only the deceived remain with it.
How long will the deception last?
Time will tell.
now you are in reruns (as it you couldn't be a worse waste of time)

Location hidden

#48236 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. However, Judaism as a religion does not regard Jesus as the Messiah. As I said earlier, they are still waiting for Messiah to return. Messianic Jews believe in Jesus as the Messiah. As confirmed by an actual Jew earlier (scroll up), it's not viewed as a branch of Judaism by those who actually practice the religion. However, I'm NOT a Jew so perhaps you should go ask one. I'm simply going by what I've read and what I've been told. Also I'm well aware of which Tree my branch of faith has grown from. I really don't need you to educate me on that fact.
I see you are experiencing a flavor of Hughbe

the term "alternate reality" comes to mind - though I perhaps "personal reality" might be a better term

Location hidden

#48238 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
Huggy
Perhaps I was a bit harsh.
Please turn you other cheek and forgive me.
Dont tempt him. You know his tendencies.

Location hidden

#48239 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because of the Rapture.
When...."everyone who doesn’t believe in Jesus is incinerated."
"The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is one ally that is steadfast... the Evangelical Christian."

I dont know about you, but I see no evidence for the truthfulness of the first statement. Questioned, maybe, but certainly not dismantled by the current administration.

A few years ago the support by the American religious right wing was unquestionably accepted by the Israeli public. Now it is being increasingly questioned. Not because any Israeli listens to the arguments by us American moderates and liberals. They don't usually. But because the Israelis themselves are seeing the folly in it.

I quipped that Hughbe is stepping into waters too foreign for him because of two reasons. He constantly demonstrates no capacity to understand American politics. And he obviously has no ability to understand Israeli politics or society. Therefore he has no ability to understand this issue - as it requires an understanding of both.

Location hidden

#48240 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians march in Jerusalem in support of Israel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2012...

"Evangelical Christians are known as strong supporters of Israel, providing financial help and political backing, especially in the U.S. Even so, their hard-line views toward Palestinians and suspect religious motivations make some moderate Israelis and Jews abroad uncomfortable....

....The relationship between evangelical Christians and Israel isn't without its wrinkles.

Many Israelis are troubled by what they suspect is the source of the unqualified support – a belief by some evangelical groups in an apocalyptic battle between good and evil in which Jesus returns, and Jews either accept Christianity or perish.

...A ultra-Orthodox Jewish former mayor of Jerusalem, Uri Lupolianski, refused to accept funds from evangelical Christians for fear of their proselytizing. His successor, the current mayor, Nir Barkat, has revoked the policy, but some skepticism still persists.

Moderate Israelis are also uneasy with evangelical backing, as the Christians back the hard-line nationalist Israeli camp that opposes giving up control of any of the West Bank, though the majority of Israelis favor creation of a Palestinian state there, and even Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a veteran hawk, has grudgingly accepted that...."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48241 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a waste of time
To the foolish, correct. You are just plain WASTE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48242 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it
Frijoles---already presented my view

HughBe--- Correct and it is one of LIES, DECEPTION and HATE learnt from your religion/Judaism.

Please read and EXPLAIN the meaning of the quotes with focus on the capitalized words. Tell me if they are FALSE. They were taken from the Jerusalem Post.

1."Israel’s GREATEST ASSET and best friend By EARL"

2." Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual LEVERAGE to HELP Israel WITHSTAND WHATEVER attack might come next."

3."In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and POWERFUL FRIEND for Israel in the form of EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"

4."WITHOUT the Evangelical Christian community STANDING in the BREACH with both PRAYER and action, the United States may have entered a free-fall in its foreign policy that would have ended in a far more hostile environment for Israel."

5."The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is ONE ALLY that is STEADFAST... the Evangelical Christian."

6."Many Evangelical Christian organizations in Israel, with support from Evangelical Christians around the world, are PROVIDING FOOD and other assistance to THOUSANDS of Israeli immigrants and POOR families."

7.Others(Evangelicals) have provided portable concrete BOMB SHELTERS to PROTECT Israeli residents living along the Gaza border and elsewhere in Israel

In closing my BOY, what an ENEMY of the Jews these Evangelical Christians are. The truth is they are NOT anti-Semitic as you have made them out to be and all of your comments and efforts to take away from and to foster HATE is a reflection of who you are and the forces that shaped you.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48243 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians march in Jerusalem in support of Israel
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2012...
"Evangelical Christians are known as strong supporters of Israel, providing financial help and political backing, especially in the U.S. Even so, their hard-line views toward Palestinians and suspect religious motivations make some moderate Israelis and Jews abroad uncomfortable....
....The relationship between evangelical Christians and Israel isn't without its wrinkles.
Many Israelis are troubled by what they suspect is the source of the unqualified support – a belief by some evangelical groups in an apocalyptic battle between good and evil in which Jesus returns, and Jews either accept Christianity or perish.
...A ultra-Orthodox Jewish former mayor of Jerusalem, Uri Lupolianski, refused to accept funds from evangelical Christians for fear of their proselytizing. His successor, the current mayor, Nir Barkat, has revoked the policy, but some skepticism still persists.
Moderate Israelis are also uneasy with evangelical backing, as the Christians back the hard-line nationalist Israeli camp that opposes giving up control of any of the West Bank, though the majority of Israelis favor creation of a Palestinian state there, and even Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a veteran hawk, has grudgingly accepted that...."
Reminds me of the Twilight episode "To Serve Man."

"The day arrives for Mr. Chambers's excursion to the Kanamits' planet. Just as he mounts the spaceship's boarding stairs, his staffer Patty appears. He waves, smiling, but she runs toward him in great agitation—and is held back by a Kanamit guard. "Mr. Chambers," Patty cries, "don't get on that ship! The rest of the book To Serve Man, it's... it's a cookbook!" Chambers tries to run back down the spaceship's stairs, but a Kanamit blocks him, the stairs retract, and the ship immediately lifts off."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man_ (The_Twilight_Zone)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48244 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. However, Judaism as a religion does not regard Jesus as the Messiah. As I said earlier, they are still waiting for Messiah to return. Messianic Jews believe in Jesus as the Messiah. As confirmed by an actual Jew earlier (scroll up), it's not viewed as a branch of Judaism by those who actually practice the religion. However, I'm NOT a Jew so perhaps you should go ask one. I'm simply going by what I've read and what I've been told. Also I'm well aware of which Tree my branch of faith has grown from. I really don't need you to educate me on that fact.
Justsay--A Jew is a Jew is a Jew.

HughBe--- Correct and no one can change that. The religious CLUB called Judaism does not have the power to change that fact and this is contrary to what they so FOOLISHLY believe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48245 Jan 31, 2013
Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a wise statement,from a Spiritual mind written physically :)
MUQ---Messianic Jews, if they are really what they claim to be, are the True Jews and the True Christians too.

HughBe---Correct i.e. true Spiritually and true physically the others are true physically.

Clear-cut-----This is a wise statement,from a Spiritual mind written physically :)

HughBe---Thanks and you are correct, Clear-cut.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48246 Jan 31, 2013
Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the lips work for the heart or can anyone know it?
MUQ---God sees what is inside your hearts and not what your lips speak.
HughBe--- Correct, MUQ. The lips DECEIVE and LIE.

Clear-cut---Do the lips work for the heart or can anyone know it?

HughBe--- They work for the heart.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48247 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You've shown yourself to be a fraud, and worse yet, a waste of time.
Ms. I understand the reason for your rant. I have no doubt your current rant is influenced by the fact that your man made a comment and both of you are DENYING it and I find it rather strange and STUPID since it is easily verified.

Ms., here it is again.

Frijoles--"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48248 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- EXPLAIN and reconcile with your charge of anti-Semitic.
"The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is ONE ally that is STEADFAST... the Evangelical Christian."

Former--Only because of the Rapture.

HughBe--- The reason does NOT matter what is important is that EVANGELICAL Christians are Israel's "ONE ally that is STEADFAST", according to the Journalist and Jew who wrote those words.

Put it this way your IMAGINED reason is of no consequence and what is important is the reality of the SUPPORT to Israel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48249 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
Huggy
Perhaps I was a bit harsh.
Please turn you other cheek and forgive me.
Forgiven for many reasons. Now, I understand that your rants are because of your current cycle and the associated mood swings.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48250 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Forgiven for many reasons. Now, I understand that your rants are because of your current cycle and the associated mood swings.
Post something intelligent for a change instead of arguing over scriptural mumbo jumbo.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48251 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"
Anything and everything can be a source of wisdom.

Take the wise words or wise actions from any source, even from the most unlikely and insignificant, and enrich yourself and evolve in real time.

If you think that scripture is the fountain-head of wisdom then you're sadly mistaken since most of scriptural teachings are junk and can easily be proven to be so.

Never make the mistake of thinking that any scripture is the last word on truth or existence.

The last word is yet to be spoken.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48252 Jan 31, 2013
QUESTION:

How true is this assertion - change is the only thing we can be certain of?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48253 Jan 31, 2013
SEMITIC IDEA OF GOD:

What the Middle Easterners meant by G-d or God is a being of a particular plane of the Manifestation.

The Absolute is very different.

YHVH/El, Allah, Baal, Molech and other beings are G-d or God to various groups of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,114,704
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min loose cannon 178,577
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Kristy 46,974
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Ralph 98,324
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Boy G 50,008
Abby 9-30 56 min Shari23 5
Amy 9-30 1 hr Mister Tonka 3

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]