Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,221 - 43,240 of 68,430 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals that favor abortions are also violent.
Vegetarians are violent

People who mow lawns are violent

so what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?
HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.
Former--You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.
HughBe--- Listen well BOY, don't step beyond your bounds. YOU are LYING, as usual. His actual words follow, DUNCE/LIAR.
Frijoles--"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"
I never said that, ding dong

Why do you lie - my post is one page ago

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer Simpson is also a source of wisdom. Whats your point?
Ooops I did say that

But later you (mr Hughbe) mis-paraphased it by saying that it was THE source of wisdom

not that it matters - the point is that you dont have to go all ET to find characters that say smart things

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

"son, on your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change."

thats not what I said
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I'm a Christian. So I believe deeply that Jesus is the Messiah. Jews don't. Yet we worship the same God. From a Christian (non Romanized) standpoint, I understand it like this. Salvation is offered to us through REbirth (the blood sacrifice of Jesus) in the manner that the Jews have salvation through birth. It's their birthright. He acted as our "skapegoat" if you will. Remember that from the old covenant? Blood had to be shed for our sins so he offered his. Again, that is just my understanding of it. I can completely understand why Jews don't see Messianic Judaism as actual Judaism. Because they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. They're still waiting on him to come back. And I can respect their decision because I love the same God they do.
Justsay--Because they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.

HughBe--- Not ALL hold such a view.

Are you saying that BIOLOGICAL Jews who are a part of that movement are not Jews? I ask because they certainly don't share the views of members of Judaism.

Again HISTORICALLY Christianity was regarded as a BRANCH of Judaism and so when you say "I can completely understand why Jews don't see Messianic Judaism as actual Judaism." you need to keep the FACTS of history in mind. Put it this way, Jews regarded it as a part of Judaism. Why? JEWS started Christianity.

3. Again, the rabbis of Judaism have a habit of redefining concepts to fit their agenda.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, ding dong
Why do you lie - my post is one page ago
Former--Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?

HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.

Former--You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.

HughBe--- Listen well BOY, don't step beyond your bounds. YOU are LYING, as usual. His actual words follow, DUNCE/LIAR.

Frijoles--"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"

Frijoles---I never said that, ding dong

HughBe--- YOUR post 48110 Page 2160 and your words follow--

"Homer Simpson is also a source of wisdom. Whats your point?"

Frijoles--Why do you lie - my post is one page ago

HughBe--I am NOT your rabbis, BOY. Your religion does not VALUE truth. NOT one of you Judahites are honest. You are also very STUPID and lack basic decency.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
because they are against me
yes
yes
though the more accurate term might be proselytizing Christians
HughBe---why are you so anti-Evangelical Christians?
Are they against Jews?
Are they against your religion Judaism?

Frijoles---because they are against me
yes
yes

HughBe--- I believe that your rabbis should publicly declare this view so that the evangelicals can know that they are against you and them.

Read the 3 quotes below they are taken from the Jerusalem Post. Read the entire thing, Judahite.

"Israel’s greatest asset and best friend By EARL COX07/12/2012"

" Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual leverage to help Israel withstand whatever attack might come next."

"In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and powerful friend for Israel in the form of Evangelical Christians. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they against Jews?
yes
yes
HughBe--- I believe that your rabbis should publicly declare this view so that the evangelicals can know that they are against you and them.
Read the 3 quotes below they are taken from the Jerusalem Post. Read the entire thing, Judahite.
" Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual leverage to help Israel withstand whatever attack might come next."
"In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and powerful friend for Israel in the form of Evangelical Christians. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"
Yes, and there are many Jews, myself included who are uncomfortable with some of the more right wing elements of the Christian support. Its for the WRONG reasons. Those people are bad news- they are bad news for Israel, and more importantly, bad news for my country (USA).

Shocking isnt it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes My brother, if Messianic Jews are what they claim to be, then they are True Christians and they are True Jews.
But if they have taken on that name, without their actions confirming this title, then they are deceiving Jews and Christians and themselves also.
God sees what is inside your hearts and not what your lips speak.
MUQ---God sees what is inside your hearts and not what your lips speak.

HughBe--- Correct, MUQ. The lips DECEIVE and LIE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Justsay--Because they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.
HughBe--- Not ALL hold such a view.
Are you saying that BIOLOGICAL Jews who are a part of that movement are not Jews? I ask because they certainly don't share the views of members of Judaism.
Again HISTORICALLY Christianity was regarded as a BRANCH of Judaism and so when you say "I can completely understand why Jews don't see Messianic Judaism as actual Judaism." you need to keep the FACTS of history in mind. Put it this way, Jews regarded it as a part of Judaism. Why? JEWS started Christianity.
3. Again, the rabbis of Judaism have a habit of redefining concepts to fit their agenda.
You can skeez over it whatever way you want but the fact is that Jewish people dont accept Jesus as their personal saviors. That is Christianity, not Judaism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they against Jews?
yes
yes
"...Despite their support for Israel, many Jews however, are uncomfortable with Christian Zionists. This discomfort is fed by Christian anti-Semitism, Christian replacement theology, evangelical proselytizing, and and disagreements over domestic and political issues...

...Aside from anti-Semitism and Christian replacement theology, many Jews are wary of the fact that many evangelical Christians simply want to convert them to Christianity or speed up the Second Coming of Christ....

...Christian Zionists are also more conservative on Israel than many Jews. They favor Israel maintaining all of its settlements in the West Bank, and were opposed to the Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip. Some prominent Christian Zionists have been highly critical of Israeli government policy of giving over parts of Israel to the Palestinian people....

.... Conservative Christians, in general, are viewed as particularly influential with the Bush Administration and Republican Congress, and Christian Zionists are consequently viewed as also having greater access to decisionmakers. It is not clear, however, that pro-Israel Christians have exerted decisive influence on any significant decisions and their clout is expected to decline if Democrats regain the White House and/or the majority in Congress...."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Z...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HUGHBE

as usual you are wading in waters that demonstrate that you are out of your league
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

A POWERFUL & SPONTANEOUS YOGIC EXPERIENCE EXPERIENCED AN HOUR AGO:

1) I have quit the integral yoga since a month and am not in contact with my guru and have stopped meditating on the unified supramental mantra.

2) However, the supramental mantra has taken deep root in my being over the years and keeps vibrating spontaneously - at times with lesser intensity, at other times more powerfully - with the result that the supramental force is always in and on me.

3) An hour ago as I lay resting in bed during my customary half-an break that I indulge in everyday, my consciousness suddenly opened up and I was bathed in a cosmic sea of the deepest golden hue of a powerful supramental light. The pulsations were so powerful and the golden beams so dazzling that my entire being shook with the experience.

4) I stayed in that subtle state for a few minutes after which the experience receded and I came back to the outer consciousness but the effect of coming into direct contact with the supramental force still lingers in my being and my mind, vital and body cells are vibrating at a very high rate and am feeling as if I am walking on air and a more intense gold light than ever before is radiating from my body.

5) The unified supramental consciousness-energy is taking deeper root in my being as it seeks to transform it further and totally convert it into its own essence.

6) I am making no effort at all as I fear fresh attacks from the adverse vital forces. The attacks were so severe and became so life-threatening in Dec 2012 that I was forced to quit the integral yoga. Well, I am neutral and on the sidelines and will have nothing to do with the integral yoga though the higher experiences are still continuing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You can skeez over it whatever way you want but the fact is that Jewish people dont accept Jesus as their personal saviors. That is Christianity, not Judaism.
Frijoles---Jewish people dont accept Jesus as their personal saviors. That is Christianity, not Judaism.

HughBe--- It certainly is Christianity and not Judaism, so you are correct, for a change. However, I am still trying to understand how YOUR Satan became so dominant within you.

To say that Jewish people don't accept Jesus and to imply that they accept your religion is BS.

Learn and understand these facts.

1. Some Jewish people accept Jesus, the Jew, as their Messiah.
2. Many Jewish people embrace Judaism
3. Many Jewish people REJECT Judaism and I suspect that in the main the greater intelligence is in this group as opposed to your group/Judaism.
4. A significant number of Jews are into Easter religion and NOT Judaism.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The spontaneous yogic experience of an hour ago has caused my entire being to pulsate with the supramental force - the pulsations are really very powerful till now - and the golden light radiating from my body is strong enough to be visibly seen (in fact it is more visible than ever before). I am absorbing the impact. If the effect deepens, I'll enter spontaneous trance and will be unable to move out of my apartment for days. Let me find out.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
HUGHBE
as usual you are wading in waters that demonstrate that you are out of your league
Until now, I did not realize how deficient your understanding skills were. Get help in understanding the following and get back to me and EXPLAIN the meanings.

1."Israel’s greatest asset and best friend By EARL COX"

Help: explain what is meant by GREATEST ASSETS.Note it is speaking about the same evangelicals that are against you and your masters.

2. " Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual leverage to help Israel withstand whatever attack might come next."
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

On my part, I am neutral and have quit the integral yoga a month ago on account of tremendous difficulties encountered that became seriously life-threatening....I'll rather stay out of the integral yoga than become the special target of the most vicious attacks imaginable.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and there are many Jews, myself included who are uncomfortable with some of the more right wing elements of the Christian support. Its for the WRONG reasons. Those people are bad news- they are bad news for Israel, and more importantly, bad news for my country (USA).
Shocking isnt it?
Frijoles---Shocking isnt it?

HughBe--- quantify the "many Jews". Why not REJECT the support? Is Israel being FORCED to accept its GREATEST ASSET?

Explain the meaning of GREATEST ASSET.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

DIRECT EXPERIENCE is everything, beliefs and rituals count for nothing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Despite their support for Israel, many Jews however, are uncomfortable with Christian Zionists. This discomfort is fed by Christian anti-Semitism, Christian replacement theology, evangelical proselytizing, and and disagreements over domestic and political issues...
...Aside from anti-Semitism and Christian replacement theology, many Jews are wary of the fact that many evangelical Christians simply want to convert them to Christianity or speed up the Second Coming of Christ....
...Christian Zionists are also more conservative on Israel than many Jews. They favor Israel maintaining all of its settlements in the West Bank, and were opposed to the Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip. Some prominent Christian Zionists have been highly critical of Israeli government policy of giving over parts of Israel to the Palestinian people....
.... Conservative Christians, in general, are viewed as particularly influential with the Bush Administration and Republican Congress, and Christian Zionists are consequently viewed as also having greater access to decisionmakers. It is not clear, however, that pro-Israel Christians have exerted decisive influence on any significant decisions and their clout is expected to decline if Democrats regain the White House and/or the majority in Congress...."
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Z...
Frijoles---Despite their support for Israel, many Jews however, are uncomfortable with Christian Zionists. This discomfort is fed by Christian anti-Semitism, Christian replacement theology, evangelical proselytizing, and and disagreements over domestic and political issues.

HughBe--- Reconcile their support with THEM being anti-Semitic. Is it that you are NOT understanding what you are reading as usual?

Reconcile Jerusalem Post calling them Evangelicals Israel's GREATEST ASSETS with them being anti-Semitic.

In your world of LUNACY you consider your assets as being against you, WHY?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info