Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,378
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48134 Jan 30, 2013
Just in case anyone is wondering where to get Jesus pizza.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/the-other-si...

Face of Jesus Christ appears in three-cheese pizza
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48135 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- "He does not exist" and YET you are "quite sure he would not approve" of my comment.
Do you try at all to comply with the teachings and/or wishes of your god?

This is about you, not me or my beliefs.

Why do you evade your poor religioua practice?

Sounds like hypocisy to me.

You have a long pattern of not standing by your own words.

Don't be a coward. Be a man.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--But I assume that he does for you.
HughBe--- So I should be sure and not you.
Yet you continure to rationalize your own bad behavior.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--And we all know of the teachings; the Beatitudes; the Golden Rule.
HughBe-- WE know of the teachings of a fictitious person. Interesting
In the way that a child knows what will please or displease Santa Claus.

"He knows if you've been bad or good...."
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I too am KIND and understanding and I do turn the other cheek BUT not always.
Former--It is when you are truly challenged (and even outraged) that the appropriate response matters.
HughBe--- Profound
Yet you continue to fail this simple test, miserably.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Anyone can be Christ-like in fair weather.
HughBe-- Tell me what would constitute being Christ-like if there is no Christ.
By your own beliefs, you've clearly shown your ability to use your imagination. Don't let that ability fail you now in your hour of need.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Wealthy people live with wealthy people and poor people live with poor people.
HughBe--- Brilliant observation.
Yet you continue to deny this clear demographic divide in terms of churches.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Your faux indignation cannot undo this simple truth.
HughBe--- I have not sought to undo a self-evident TRUTH.
Only to ignore it. And self-deception by omission.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--You have much to learn my child.Stay the course.
HughBe--Well papa you have stopped learning, what a pity.
Open your mind.

Allow truth and knowledge to wash over you.

I promise it won't hurt a bit.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48136 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just because there is wisdom, I feel no compulsion to worship the TV.
Which is exactly my point. Actually two points.
1) there are multiple paths with wisdom
2) just because someone says something wise doesnt mean that they were historically real. This is the reason why we have fiction. You have no more proof that Jesus was real than I have that Homer Simpson was real. And that doesnt demean their teaching in any way.
Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?

That the authors never impart any wisdom or philosophy through their craft?

Do artists' creations have no meaning whatsover?

Huggy must live in a very bleak world, devoid of art, imagination or meaning.

Well...except for that whole religion thing....

How can he find meaning in his religion if he seems to not think abstractly?

Is it like an idiot savant?

Just askin'

Location hidden

#48137 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Just askin'
The answer is.....

YES

It is obvious that his world is bleak - his (lack of) attitude towards learning new things is evidence of this.

Location hidden

#48138 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Just askin'
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48139 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is.....
YES
It is obvious that his world is bleak - his (lack of) attitude towards learning new things is evidence of this.
How sad is that!?

Location hidden

#48140 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad is that!?
I dont think it is only bleak though. I think there is also a shade of anger (masquerading as self-righteousness).
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48141 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think it is only bleak though. I think there is also a shade of anger (masquerading as self-righteousness).
He certainly acts like a little bitch.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48142 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is debate as to whether they were a group of believers known as the Essenes (Jesus being a Nazarene and all) or not. From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism. Again, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile who chooses to live as closely to the root of the Tree of Life as possible.
HughBe--"Messianic Judaism" sounds like a branch of Judaism to me.

Tell me, how did the Jews who followed Jesus, the Jew, view their discipleship?

Justsay--- From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism.

HughBe---Indeed SOME modern Jews don't consider Messianic Judaism to be a branch of Judaism BUT I can assure you that not ALL share that view.
Historically, the 12 JEWISH apostles certainly regarded it as a part of "Judaism". The early Jewish Christians who attended synagogues certainly did. Secular society certainly regarded Christianity as a branch or SECT of Judaism and this was the case for hundreds of years.

Note, there is a NASTY habit of the rabbis of Judaism to redefine historical concepts to fit their fabricated teachings. Fortunately there are historical records that give a TRUE version of history.

Finally, the modern Jews in the movement that you speak of certainly regard Messianic Judaism as a branch of Judaism. Indeed the name says it all.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48143 Jan 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Messianic Jews, if they are really what they claim to be, are the True Jews and the True Christians too.
However if they have taken this title only as a label to misguide people, then they are as false as so many church groups and denominations.
Allah Knows Best.
MUQ---Messianic Jews, if they are really what they claim to be, are the True Jews and the True Christians too.

HughBe---Correct i.e. true Spiritually and true physically the others are true physically.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48144 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just because there is wisdom, I feel no compulsion to worship the TV.
Which is exactly my point. Actually two points.
1) there are multiple paths with wisdom
2) just because someone says something wise doesnt mean that they were historically real. This is the reason why we have fiction. You have no more proof that Jesus was real than I have that Homer Simpson was real. And that doesnt demean their teaching in any way.
Frijoles---Nah, just because there is wisdom, I feel no compulsion to WORSHIP the TV.

HughBe-- I made no mention of WORSHIP.

Frijoles--Which is exactly my point.

HughBe---LYING as usual Judahite. Your point is that Simpson is a SOURCE of wisdom. Let me allow your own words to express the idea, "Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"

Now son, try and understand my words and your own words also. Your current post shows that you have missed out on many BASIC things including understanding and brains.

My words, study them--- in your mind Homer Simpson is the SOURCE of the wisdom that comes from him.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48145 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you 100 Jesus's in a pizza that you cant go three days without evangelacizing here.
Or even better, you cant go 2 days of posting without a sexual reference, most likely a gay reference.
why are you so anti-Evangelical Christians?

Are they against Jews?

Are they against your religion Judaism?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48146 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Just askin'
Former--Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?

HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48147 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you try at all to comply with the teachings and/or wishes of your god?
This is about you, not me or my beliefs.
Why do you evade your poor religioua practice?
Sounds like hypocisy to me.
You have a long pattern of not standing by your own words.
Don't be a coward. Be a man.
<quoted text>
Yet you continure to rationalize your own bad behavior.
<quoted text>
In the way that a child knows what will please or displease Santa Claus.
<quoted text>
Yet you continue to fail this simple test, miserably.
<quoted text>
By your own beliefs, you've clearly shown your ability to use your imagination. Don't let that ability fail you now in your hour of need.
<quoted text>
Yet you continue to deny this clear demographic divide in terms of churches.
<quoted text>
Only to ignore it. And self-deception by omission.
<quoted text>
Open your mind.
Allow truth and knowledge to wash over you.
I promise it won't hurt a bit.
HughBe--- "He does not exist" and YET you are "quite sure he would not approve" of my comment.

Former--Do you try at all to comply with the teachings and/or wishes of your god?

HughBe--- I have made my point. Perhaps you will get it in another life.

Former--And we all know of the teachings; the Beatitudes; the Golden Rule.

HughBe-- WE know of the teachings of a fictitious person. Interesting

Former--In the way that a child knows what will please or displease Santa Claus.

HughBe--- No doubt you believe that Santa knows etc. I don't share your beliefs. Fictional characters are just that to me and I don't live by fiction, unlike you.

HughBe--- I too am KIND and understanding and I do turn the other cheek BUT not always.

Former--It is when you are truly challenged (and even outraged) that the appropriate response matters.

HughBe--- Profound

Former--Yet you continue to fail this simple test, miserably.

HughBe--- opinion noted.

Former--By your own beliefs, you've clearly shown your ability to use your imagination. Don't let that ability fail you now in your hour of need.

HughBe--- I need an answer and YOU have FAILED to give one.

Former--Wealthy people live with wealthy people and poor people live with poor people.

HughBe--- Brilliant observation.

Former--Yet you continue to deny this clear demographic divide in terms of churches.

HughBe--- No need to LIE, son. The issue is SEGREGATION. Are you too without BASIC understanding?

Former--Your faux indignation cannot undo this simple truth.

HughBe--- I have not sought to undo a self-evident TRUTH.

Former--Only to ignore it. And self-deception by omission.

HughBe--- go clean-up your ejaculation carries a foul odour.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48148 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?
HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.
You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.

I know actual facts annoy you (and elude you), but this is what he wrote:

"just because someone says something wise doesnt mean that they were historically real. This is the reason why we have fiction. You have no more proof that Jesus was real than I have that Homer Simpson was real. And that doesnt demean their teaching in any way."

Are you suggesting that the character of Homer never uttered any wisdom?(obviulsy as written by his creators)

Did Jesus ever utter any wisdom?(as recorded by the creators of the bible)
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48150 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Do you try at all to comply with the teachings and/or wishes of your god?
HughBe--- I have made my point. Perhaps you will get it in another life.
Do I need to believe in your god in order for you to follow his rules and wishes?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- No doubt you believe that Santa knows etc. I don't share your beliefs. Fictional characters are just that to me and I don't live by fiction, unlike you.
Do you do not need to believe in my Santa Claus in order for me to believe in him?

You see where I'm going with this.

What do my beliefs in your god have to do with anything?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--By your own beliefs, you've clearly shown your ability to use your imagination. Don't let that ability fail you now in your hour of need.
HughBe--- I need an answer and YOU have FAILED to give one.
JC's teaching are well known and you simply are not living up to them.

You are a failure as a Christian, Jew or whatever you call yourself.

Get a life!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#48154 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>We keep MUQ around to amuse ourselves with. Hopefully, in his home country they keep him far away from implements of destruction and farm animals.
ROFL! Poor goats

Location hidden

#48155 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Messianic Christianity is not Judaism. It is a type of Christianity by default. One can not be Jewish and still believe in Jesus as a messiah. Christians such as Hughbe dont get a vote as to what us Jews consider Judaism to be.
That is precisely what I thought. Thank you.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#48156 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is debate as to whether they were a group of believers known as the Essenes (Jesus being a Nazarene and all) or not. From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism. Again, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile who chooses to live as closely to the root of the Tree of Life as possible.
The Essene and jesus and the 12 are as far apart as is possible.
Devaux had the dead sea scrolls far too long, and interpreted everything towards his experience and culture. So we get catholic and convent. Which would be an anachronism.
Well several sites/links point out the flaws.
In customs but also as to the actual use of the place, as found by proper archeology. And not biassed BAR enthousiasts.
But the main one would be that the trinkets, amulets and other papers and scrolls are spread over a wide area...but...all just above the highwatermark.
And only accessible from above.
And that waterlevel rise can again be dated by the proper science.
As well as the dating of the scrolls. If Essenes were a disparate people, moving in small groups, that allready does not fit with some huge organisation, nor is the timeframe right.

Location hidden

#48157 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>HughBe--"Messiani c Judaism" sounds like a branch of Judaism to me.

Tell me, how did the Jews who followed Jesus, the Jew, view their discipleship?

Justsay--- From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism.

HughBe---Indeed SOME modern Jews don't consider Messianic Judaism to be a branch of Judaism BUT I can assure you that not ALL share that view.
Historically, the 12 JEWISH apostles certainly regarded it as a part of "Judaism". The early Jewish Christians who attended synagogues certainly did. Secular society certainly regarded Christianity as a branch or SECT of Judaism and this was the case for hundreds of years.

Note, there is a NASTY habit of the rabbis of Judaism to redefine historical concepts to fit their fabricated teachings. Fortunately there are historical records that give a TRUE version of history.

Finally, the modern Jews in the movement that you speak of certainly regard Messianic Judaism as a branch of Judaism. Indeed the name says it all.
Personally I'm a Christian. So I believe deeply that Jesus is the Messiah. Jews don't. Yet we worship the same God. From a Christian (non Romanized) standpoint, I understand it like this. Salvation is offered to us through REbirth (the blood sacrifice of Jesus) in the manner that the Jews have salvation through birth. It's their birthright. He acted as our "skapegoat" if you will. Remember that from the old covenant? Blood had to be shed for our sins so he offered his. Again, that is just my understanding of it. I can completely understand why Jews don't see Messianic Judaism as actual Judaism. Because they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. They're still waiting on him to come back. And I can respect their decision because I love the same God they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,110,142
Amy 9-18 5 min edogxxx 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,476
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,652
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 26 min LieutenantGov 4,030
Abby 9-18 51 min Sublime1 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Breams 178,041
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,227
Amy 9-16 12 hr Zap Brannigan 55
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info