Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,001 - 43,020 of 68,366 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
These things must be related to dogs. They have dog faces.
They are cuties, arent they?
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, might make nice pets like dogs. You'd have to have a nice large pool heheheh

Well, Joel is definitely different. I think we could do the turbo encabulator on Joel's view of life and becoming.

So, I see lots of phylosophy here. What's your background? I've never put much time or thought into general phylosophy, but I have my own crazy thoughts just the same. My background is more on the technical sciences and mathematical.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

To Joel's credit, he is the king and god of his mind and his little space and time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

idgaf wrote:
To Joel's credit, he is the king and god of his mind and his little space and time.
He is his very own manifestation

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I should charge for that assessment. I used a technical word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, might make nice pets like dogs. You'd have to have a nice large pool heheheh
Well, Joel is definitely different. I think we could do the turbo encabulator on Joel's view of life and becoming.
So, I see lots of phylosophy here. What's your background? I've never put much time or thought into general phylosophy, but I have my own crazy thoughts just the same. My background is more on the technical sciences and mathematical.
I work in the physical sciences. But I come from a religious background, and had plenty of schooling in the social sciences and a little in the humanities, and did my stint in the eastern philosophies and new age therapies back when still a lad (Ever notice no one during past life regression discovers that that they used to sweep manure? They are always queens and kings- but I digress).

So I am spread thin, like a dose of sucrose acetate isobutyrate in Gatorade.(you can google that if you are interested or read check out the front page of todays NYtimes).
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--It's an anomaly of those who believe that Jesus was the Messiah and a member of the Triune.
HughBe--explain your rambling words.
Eric--Having places of worship that are segregated by socioeconomic standing is UNIQUE to people who have religious beliefs similar to you.
HughBe--- You have not explained the ANOMALY plus the part about Jesus being a member of the triune. Do so NOW.
Having said that, do you really understand your OWN words? NO.
Do you understand my words? NO
And what part of unique don't you understand. Unusual, unexpected, unique. The same. You don't like unique? Use a word of your choice. It still stands that those who have religious beliefs similar to you segregate their places of worship by socioeconomic status. It is unusual and unexpected that "religious" people would do so.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I work in the physical sciences. But I come from a religious background, and had plenty of schooling in the social sciences and a little in the humanities, and did my stint in the eastern philosophies and new age therapies back when still a lad (Ever notice no one during past life regression discovers that that they used to sweep manure? They are always queens and kings- but I digress).
So I am spread thin, like a dose of sucrose acetate isobutyrate in Gatorade.(you can google that if you are interested or read check out the front page of todays NYtimes).
Nice background. I spent a whole youth working in farms doing a lot of odd stuff like your manure sweeping. Hehehe ... Over time learned a thing here and there and ended up as a pro doing neat stuff.

So, essentially a weighting agent, a stabilizer, a preservative. Brings to mind formaldahyde. The sugar compound that is ...

Joel is definitely a creation of his own. What I'd like to understand is the transformation and path that leads you to where you end up.

For me, initially I didn't believe anything as I was not educated or knowledable at an early age. External influences referred to God. Was sent to Sunday school. Had my own thoughts and lots of questions. Didn't take to the formal training on religion very well. Have spent most years with my own thoughts on what God is and how He works and is there or not. At times I've dabbled into the bible, but I tend to get bored with the stories. Seems to describe a very jelous and needy god. I just don't see it that way. An all powerful God wouldn't need us or care that we worshipped Him. So, I end up where I am today with questions and thoughts that don't necessarily agree with the status quo. I do enjoy asking the questions as I know there are no answers, but am amused by people's responses and at times I see new things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And what part of unique don't you understand. Unusual, unexpected, unique. The same. You don't like unique? Use a word of your choice. It still stands that those who have religious beliefs similar to you segregate their places of worship by socioeconomic status. It is unusual and unexpected that "religious" people would do so.
STUDY my post below and stop twisting your little mind. It is not clever what you are doing, it is sheer STUPIDITY.

STUDY what follows. Don't open your mouth and reinforce your stupidity.

Let me help you in your attempted explanation. I have copied my post and your response to it. Now in explaining YOUR words do so in its CONTEXT plus define anomaly and fit your definition into your sentence. Let me illustrate it for you.

HughBe---I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.

Eric---It's (unusual or unexpected) of those who believe that Jesus was the Messiah and a member of the Triune.

NOTE the replacement of"an anomaly".

Note--My example MEANS, attending TWO churches is UNEXPECTED and UNUSUAL for someone who believes in the Trinity.

Original words follow, give it a try.
HughBe---I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.

Eric---It's an anomaly of those who believe that Jesus was the Messiah and a member of the Triune.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Young Eric, let me give you more help in understanding YOUR words.

You were saying that it was unusual or unexpected that someone with my beliefs would attend 2 Churches with a majority of poorly educated members. This is the CONTEXT of your response.

HughBe---I would have gone to churcheS(PLURAL) where the majority are professionals/business.....

Eric---It's (unusual or unexpected) of those who believe that Jesus was the Messiah and a member of the Triune.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
arf!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well according to monty python, a king is someone who ain't got crap all over himself. and knows usless info, like how may and what type of swallows can carry coconuts. and a king represses those who do, have crap on themselves.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Panentheism (from Greek &#960;&#8118;&#957 ; (pn) "all"; &#7952;&#957; (en) "in"; and &#952;&#949;&#972; &#962; (thes) "God"; "all-in-God") is a belief system which posits that the divine (be it a monotheistic God, polytheistic gods, or an eternal cosmic animating force), interpenetrates every part of nature and timelessly extends beyond it. Panentheism differentiates itself from pantheism, which holds that the divine is synonymous with the universe.[1]
rabbee: oook, then which religion is it, that if your mother becomes a cow, you can become a lame duck?

because i know that panttheism, is in your own pants.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

How is it that at times you are speaking in some crazy language about Adam and your grandmother, then you hop over to monty python followed by plain english hehehhe you are funny rabbeeeeeeeeeee

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, initially I didn't believe anything as I was not educated or knowledable at an early age. External influences referred to God. Was sent to Sunday school. Had my own thoughts and lots of questions. Didn't take to the formal training on religion very well. Have spent most years with my own thoughts on what God is and how He works and is there or not. At times I've dabbled into the bible, but I tend to get bored with the stories. Seems to describe a very jelous and needy god. I just don't see it that way. An all powerful God wouldn't need us or care that we worshipped Him. So, I end up where I am today with questions and thoughts that don't necessarily agree with the status quo. I do enjoy asking the questions as I know there are no answers, but am amused by people's responses and at times I see new things.
I grew up in a traditional but conventional Jewish environment. I didnt really develop a sense of spirituality until I experimented with hallucinogens in college. Then after college I got into eastern mysticism, meditation, and western native American spirituality for a while, until I realized that Judaism had similar paradigms and practices. So I drifted back to my roots. The notion of God as the old man in the sky is the notion they taught us back in Hebrew school, and I like many rejected it right off the bat. Then when I was exposed to other paradigms such as nonduality and panentheism (Hasidism) which has an alternative vocabulary, I realized it was possible to be spiritual and still stay within my religion. I was fortunate because Judaism is robust enough to include many types of approaches, had I been born something like evangelical Christian I would of fled my roots entirely. If you want to put a western label on my outlook, I would be considered panentheistic - a Jewish label would be neo-Hasidic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>

Here is probably more food for thought than needed

http://zeek.forward.com/articles/116715/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice background. I spent a whole youth working in farms doing a lot of odd stuff like your manure sweeping. Hehehe ... Over time learned a thing here and there and ended up as a pro doing neat stuff.
So, essentially a weighting agent, a stabilizer, a preservative. Brings to mind formaldahyde. The sugar compound that is ...
Joel is definitely a creation of his own. What I'd like to understand is the transformation and path that leads you to where you end up.
This is probably even better - though still a mouthful

basically, according to this view Evolution IS God, or Gods way of learning about himself

http://www.tikkun.org/article.php/mar2010gree...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Nature is what people take for granted and never think who provided all that.

Every one thinks that they have full right to use things present in nature, and do not think from where they come and do not thank who provided them.

In fact nature is the "excuse" most people use when denying God or Creator of this universe.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

ENLIGHTENMENT:

Enlightenment proceeds in stages since the individual's awakened consciousness merges with each plane and its phenomena and root mechanism in succession. However, to get into a particular plane of consciousness-energy one needs the the activated mantra or seed vibration of that plane. So, each plane of the Manifestation is personified by its own mantra or vibrational mechanism.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I realized that Judaism had similar paradigms and practices.

Then when I was exposed to other paradigms such as nonduality and panentheism (Hasidism) which has an alternative vocabulary, I realized it was possible to be spiritual and still stay within my religion.
Really?

Everyone thinks his religions is great or truly spiritual until these claims are put to the test to find out what the religion actually preaches or what its spiritual practices are all about.

So, try answering these preliminary questions:

1) Explain the process of merging in consciousness and energy with the 2nd plane, 4th plane, 14th plane, 21st plane of the cosmic manifestation.

2) Describe the phenomena perceived on the 4th plane of the cosmic hierarchy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,985
Saving Catholic Schools 5 min larry 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guy 174,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,768
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,894
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 2 hr SnuffAGlobalist 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••