Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
42,881 - 42,900 of 68,977 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47758 Jan 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you ever wonder if there is such an entity as a moderator, though? Possibly unknowable?
Even if there was, so what? I live by the TOS (golden rules) so I'm not concerned.

Location hidden

#47759 Jan 24, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so we still have not found, the missing link yet? have they tried considering, G-D as our missing link?
There is no such thing as a "missing link". All beings are in constant transition.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#47761 Jan 24, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if there was, so what? I live by the TOS (golden rules) so I'm not concerned.
Terms of Service

By using Topix, you agree to these Terms of Service, which we reserve the right to change without notice. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, do not use Topix. You are responsible for understanding these Terms of Service.

You are solely responsible for what you post on Topix.

You agree that we are not liable for any content that is provided or posted by you or others. We have no duty to pre-screen your content or the content of others, but we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted content. You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.

We may remove any content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any content. Topix does not claim ownership of the content you submit, but you grant us a license to use the content (subject, of course, to our Privacy Policy)

You agree that Topix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public.

You understand that the Topix site may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that the use of our site is subject to the usage rules set by Topix and/or content providers who provide content to Topix. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the embedded usage rules. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Services, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.

By using Topix, you also agree to the following important terms and conditions, which are included in and made a part of these Terms of Services. Please read them carefully.

-------

Interesting, I never bothered to read them

I am now on notice that I may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.

Location hidden

#47762 Jan 24, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a "missing link". All beings are in constant transition.
some more than others, apparently

Location hidden

#47763 Jan 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Terms of Service
By using Topix, you agree to these Terms of Service, which we reserve the right to change without notice. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, do not use Topix. You are responsible for understanding these Terms of Service.
You are solely responsible for what you post on Topix.
You agree that we are not liable for any content that is provided or posted by you or others. We have no duty to pre-screen your content or the content of others, but we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted content. You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.
We may remove any content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any content. Topix does not claim ownership of the content you submit, but you grant us a license to use the content (subject, of course, to our Privacy Policy)
You agree that Topix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public.
You understand that the Topix site may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that the use of our site is subject to the usage rules set by Topix and/or content providers who provide content to Topix. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the embedded usage rules. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Services, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
By using Topix, you also agree to the following important terms and conditions, which are included in and made a part of these Terms of Services. Please read them carefully.
-------
Interesting, I never bothered to read them
I am now on notice that I may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.
RAmen
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47764 Jan 24, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>

All beings are in constant transition.
Typical Buddhistic reasoning. A flawed one. I'll show why considering everything to be in a constant state of change is wrong. Later.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47765 Jan 24, 2013
Jesus represents a new trend in reasoning and inner experience among the Semites that're more in tune with the expositions of Vedanta and Buddhism and so what need for believers in Jesus to continue with the old or archaic laws of Judaism? Christians, don't remain stuck with his teachings, go ahead and put them into practice and above all aim for the mystical experiences leading to a certain intermediate degree of being and becoming that he referred to...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47767 Jan 24, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: apparently you are on another page, and not the funny pages.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47768 Jan 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Jesus represents a new trend in reasoning and inner experience among the Semites that're more in tune with the expositions of Vedanta and Buddhism and so what need for believers in Jesus to continue with the old or archaic laws of Judaism? Christians, don't remain stuck with his teachings, go ahead and put them into practice and above all aim for the mystical experiences leading to a certain intermediate degree of being and becoming that he referred to...
rabbee: oh great, as if i do not have, enough critters. trying to tell me what i am supposed to represent. and they are all, 100% wrong about me too.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#47769 Jan 24, 2013
I suppose I consider catholics and othe rchristians different. Overall, they are similar, but different in my observations. Both are very much flawed in preparing for that which they can never understand.

So, as stated previously, my choice to believe in what you call God is not a need for existance. I simply like to think there is something of a higher power. Is it like the ants and us and is it an infinite pattern? Hard to tell, I don't understand to that level. Kind of like the following: protons, atoms, cells, grains of sand, planets, suns, galaxies, universe, multi-verses, mega-verse, ulti-verse, etc. Our perview is limited to everything below a partial universe, everything beyond that doesn't exist to many. That we don't know it is there does not mean it does not exist. That we are ignorant to existance of something doesn't make it not exist. My point is that I believe in something that is based on a feeling. You can certainly try to put me in a box, but that box doesn't exist. I don't fall intot he same box as you do. I don't dfall into that box defined by a textbook. I do however refuse to believe the stories that you read. Is it all science? No. If you believe this, explain 1000s of things that science has no answer for. Surely leaving you with the same question.

So, many people nEed tobelieve. Some people choose to believe something. How they believe and what are the keys.

My higher power is based on simple things like: hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, lightning, etx. Those are higher powers or results of higher powers. They may be the results of thing coming to equalibrium, but a much greater power than I or you, regardless of our combined knowledges. Think about all of the things in nature that are more powerful thjan us? Does this bring to mind what the American Indians believed in or others?:)-

Cor:Unless I misunderstood, you seem to acknowledge that god is unknowable.
Idgaf: I stand by this comment and challenge anyone to counter it with other thoughts. I reitierate that God is something that we cannot possibly understand, like the ants don't understand us.

Cor: You also seem to agree that a person can have meaning and purpose in life without god.

Idgaf: I live for me ever single day of my life, so I can tell u that I'm not living for God or Heaven. My actions while I live will speak for my life. My begging forgiveness or praying will only waste precious time.

Cor: So what drives you to believe that a higher power exists?

Idgaf: a feeling ... Dreams ... Choice ...
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#47770 Jan 24, 2013
COR,

You are the god of your creations. Did you make children? Did you design things? Did you come up with theories? Did you build things? Did you think things?

We are not gods of oursleves. No, I'm not a person that feels that athiests are gods of themselves. Honestly, I am perfectly comfortable not claiming to belong to any of those boxes. I like ideas and thoughts from many realms and have no problem accepting and being comfortable with what I choose. I have no need to go to church or to donate things or pray or be nice because I feel God is watching. I choose to be nice, work hard, live life, play hard, and not waste too much time on things I don't care about.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#47771 Jan 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Buddhistic reasoning. A flawed one. I'll show why considering everything to be in a constant state of change is wrong. Later.
Everything is in a constant state of change looking for equallibrium ... Maybe not constant ...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47772 Jan 25, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>

Everything is in a constant state of change looking for equallibrium ... Maybe not constant ...
Incorrect.

How do you explain the change?

When does equilibrium come about?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47773 Jan 25, 2013
These days I prefer using my good old desk top instead of the i-pad or laptop.

Location hidden

#47774 Jan 25, 2013
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-433...

Star Wars Lego stirs Muslim outrage
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#47775 Jan 25, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
TOS?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#47776 Jan 25, 2013
Never mind//

Got it.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#47777 Jan 25, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen
Great noodles. And cheap too.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#47778 Jan 25, 2013
I'll defend to the death Huggy's right to post babble and/or drivel,

Let his posts stand!!

Location hidden

#47779 Jan 25, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen
always hungry afterwords

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Karma is a_______ 1,100,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Dale 177,369
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 27 min peter osterman 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min edogxxx 97,931
Abby 8-29 46 min Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Duane Mills 49,476
Amy 8-29 3 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info