Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,629
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#47158 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Furthermore, the reason people keep coming back is more related to a desire to see themselves time and time again in print, than to care what the others really say,
HughBe--- What PRINT are you talking about?
you are reading this, arent you?

that print

you are not talking to me. You are talking to yourself. and vice versa for me.

Location hidden

#47159 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this one guy picks all of the beans.
Let me ask you something, is there something degrading about picking beans?
Am I less of a person for doing so?
Do I deserve less respect because I pick beans?
only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that mixes with poop

personally, I have no gripe with picking beans. Dont forget - my first name is Del Goya

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47160 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all religions are averse to information. Mine surely isnt. Hence the billions of commentary on the primary text, and the ever evolving body of religous law that incorporates new developments in science and technology.
Also, as per the "underwear" argument - the claim that special clothes separates and enforces the cult from the mainstream - that is not always true either. In my own religion, the choice to dress differently is often an elective decision, and sometimes it has more to do with expression of faith than a mechanism of group comformity - for example there are three billion types of skull caps - to accomadate personal taste and personal expression.
But you would agree that certain (major) religions ARE adverse to information that they deem would undermine their teachings?

Surely, every religion is different, so painting them all with a single broad-brush would not be fair. But I think the article does correctly reflect a large chunk of them (particularly Christianity and Islam).

Location hidden

#47161 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would agree that certain (major) religions ARE adverse to information that they deem would undermine their teachings?
Surely, every religion is different, so painting them all with a single broad-brush would not be fair. But I think the article does correctly reflect a large chunk of them (particularly Christianity and Islam).
Absolutely. There are certain religions. That article was broad brush. Its the fundie strain of any religion.

Location hidden

#47162 Jan 16, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be more precise, i dont know of any crazy theories that i talk about.
thats because they seem routine to you

they are only crazy when you still retain a frame of reference.
Gtown71

United States

#47163 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no credible, objective evidence for the existence of a god or sentient creator of the universe, but I remain open to the idea should anyone provide such evidence.
<quoted text>
Since I see no credible evidence for the existence of a god, it would be foolish of me or you to speculate as to his attributes....
I agree with you :)
Before I was presented my proff, and how "HE " changed me, then I didn't have anything to go on, but what others would say.
I remember how my wife was for all the years I knew her. She was not perfect, but mighty close. She got on her knees everynight and prayed before bed. She would try to get me to read her the bible. I would always say (Jesus wept), and that was that.
She had such contentment, that at one point, I wanted what she had, and thought "I " would be a christian. It didn't last till the water got hot. Lol
I still remember one Sun, about 12:30 .
I heard the downstairs door shut. She was comming home from church -I was waking up from a hangover.
Her mom had came over, and went with her to church, and came home with her. I'll never forget hearing her mom say (praise Jesus, I'm so glad I came over to go to church with you baby. I could really feel the spirit of the Lord move in that place, but her next sentence, she talked about how she was going to stop by a "visit " an old "friend ",before she went home to her third husband. She said I know what he wants, and I know it ain't right, but he does give me money, and the sex is good. I heard alittle mumbling, and could tell my wife was telling her she shouldn't do it. So she left. I remember sitting up in bed, thinking "angry like ",that there is No God, and I cannot believe my sweet wife is tied up in all this crap!
I also watched others who claimed to be christians lke a hawk. I would make mental notes of everytime they screwed up. Some not so much, others were worse the I was.
So I fully understand how you don't know me, from adam, and you don't know how I was very angry inside, and felt like life had kicked me in the teeth. How I would use Gods name in vain, and very often.
All of that went away that night. I can still physicaly, and mentaly do all the bad stuff I did before, but deep down I have no desire to do anything wrong, and when I do I hate it with a passion.
The bible explains what happened to me, and where I am now.
As far as, if God was real -why is the world such a wreck? Why do bad, horrible things happen to "good " people?
There are many questions that are had to answer, but how can God create man with free will, and yet jump in like super man, everytime sonething bad happens?
Why did He set satan to rule over this world?
Why why why?
God can be and is God.
I know many don't like that answer, and want to build their own god, but what would they build? They would build a god, that allows "them " to drive 100 mph, but punish others if the get over 55.
YOU say to God -show me, and I'll believe.
GOD says -believe and I will show you.
No matter how you wish to label the origins of life, evolution, or creation, it all takes faith, becouse we never seen anything evolve from one thing into a completly different thing.
I was so stuborn and dumb on it, that God woke me up. Lol
Yet He still let me choose which way to go.
Voluntarist

United States

#47164 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11
Oklahoma
Newtown and various other school shootings
New World Order
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspira...
Take your pick. No shortage of crazy conspiracy theories.
Ok lets start with new world order, what is the crazy.conspiracy about that?
Voluntarist

United States

#47165 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
thats because they seem routine to you
they are only crazy when you still retain a frame of reference.
An alternate theory opposite the governments theory is not crazy if it is based on facts.
And most things people with average intelligence could figure out if they were able to look at things objectively.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47166 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that mixes with poop
personally, I have no gripe with picking beans. Dont forget - my first name is Del Goya
Hughbe--Am I less of a person for doing so?

Frijoles---only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that mixes with poop

HughBe--- I take it that you are off your medication. Get back on it now.

Location hidden

#47167 Jan 16, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets start with new world order, what is the crazy.conspiracy about that?
Don't evade the question. Do you subscribe to these theories for fun? Out of boredom? Are you genuinely in a state of anxiety? What is it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47168 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't evade the question. Do you subscribe to these theories for fun? Out of boredom? Are you genuinely in a state of anxiety? What is it?
Voluntarist --Ok lets start with new world order, what is the crazy.conspiracy about that?

Culti--Don't evade the question. Do you subscribe to these theories for fun? Out of boredom? Are you genuinely in a state of anxiety? What is it?

HughBe---XXYOUTUBE-V1smgz-px1Q XX
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47169 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#47170 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughbe--Am I less of a person for doing so?
Frijoles---only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that mixes with poop
HughBe--- I take it that you are off your medication. Get back on it now.
No need to lash out at me just because you are uneducated regarding the finest coffees

http://most-expensive.net/coffee-in-world

The most expensive coffee in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead from Indonesia.

Kopi Luwak the most expensive coffee in the world does exist, and those who drink the expensive coffee insist that it is made from coffee beans eaten, partly digested and then excreted by the Common palm civet, a weasel-like animal.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47171 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to lash out at me just because you are uneducated regarding the finest coffees
http://most-expensive.net/coffee-in-world
The most expensive coffee in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead from Indonesia.
Kopi Luwak the most expensive coffee in the world does exist, and those who drink the expensive coffee insist that it is made from coffee beans eaten, partly digested and then excreted by the Common palm civet, a weasel-like animal.
explain your words. "only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"

Again take your medication and explain your words i.e.
"FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"

The lashing out that you speak of is a reflection that you are delusional and are in need of your medication urgently and of course your words that need explaining also underscores the need.

Location hidden

#47172 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
explain your words. "only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"
Again take your medication and explain your words i.e.
"FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"
The lashing out that you speak of is a reflection that you are delusional and are in need of your medication urgently and of course your words that need explaining also underscores the need.
as usual you loose me.

Dont bother clarifying

and stay away from my coffee
Voluntarist

United States

#47173 Jan 16, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated "pick one" so i picked new world order so please expound on the conspiracy.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#47174 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It turns out that someone has already coined this term
http://www.nuvali.ph/about-us/evoliving/
EVOLIVING [é-vo-li-ving] is the vision of sustainability, the key to an improved quality of life that is distinctly NUVALI. Beginning with a revolution in our way of thinking, this vision is not just for today but for the years to come—a forward-looking mindset that embraces sustainability towards shaping our future.
NUVALI Evoliving
It all begins with a revolution in our way of thinking, a vision not just for today but for the years to come. A forward-looking mindset that embraces sustainability as key towards shaping our future. Nurturing the welfare of our environment is steadfastly linked to assuring a solid future for generations to come. Ultimately, it’s about what really matters to us—clean, fresh air, abundant greenery, safety and security, education, a good job, sound health. NUVALI seamlessly integrates family, work, and leisure, generating a diversity of spaces, activities, and communities—allowing people the means to live their full potential. A vibrant landscape springs forth, freely shared by all.
Converging nature, people, and technology in NUVALI, sustainability cultivates the dynamic relationship among the ecological, social, and economic webs of life.
Evoliving is the seamless weaving of life, nature and technology to secure a vibrant future, an observance of responsibility, harmony and diversity, enabling people to live the way they choose.
Reads like the unattainable goals the WHO once set.
Everybody is entitled but it remains elusive.

Location hidden

#47175 Jan 16, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated "pick one" so i picked new world order so please expound on the conspiracy.
If you go back to my original post to you, I asked you a question, which I then repeated in my last post. Still awaiting your reply.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47176 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual you loose me.
Dont bother clarifying
and stay away from my coffee
Frijoles--as usual you loose me.

HUghBe--- I know but try not to lose yourself.

So, explain YOUR words. "only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"

explain your words i.e."FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"

Location hidden

#47181 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--as usual you loose me.
HUghBe--- I know but try not to lose yourself.
So, explain YOUR words. "only if you make that special type of coffee FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"
explain your words i.e."FR loves - the one that MIXES with poop"
nope

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do want to be an artist? 28 min ARTIST LINE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Sgt Prepper 180,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 48,606
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,144,590
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Zeke 7
ask amy 11-28 4 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:07 pm PST