Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
42,401 - 42,420 of 68,900 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it!
Instead of swapping bodily fluids, we swap our invaluable opinions and pithy comments.
Good stuff!
Like that episode of Fairly Legal were the guys ask why that judge keeps asking them back, and even at home, and get the reply that is is indeed sex on an intellectual level.
"She get's of on your minds."

The judge in question had been married to a real goodlooking stud.
So needed some different stimulation.

I can dig that, but the bit on needing a mental shower too. lol
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel like I need a shower.
Certain opinions and/or comments will have that effect!

Mr. Trump (among others) comes to mind...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The $30 is accounted for. The hotel got $25, the clerk takes $2, and the men get a $3 refund.
25+2+3 =30
If your point of this story is to show your inability to reason through a logic problem, you've succeeded ;-).
The points in my prior post stand.
GTown 71----Now, instead of each man being out 10 dollars each for the room, they are only out 9 dollars each.

Yet 9 times 3 = 27 + the 2 dollars the clerk stoled only comes to 29, so what happened to the other dollar?

Culti---The $30 is accounted for. The hotel got $25, the clerk takes $2, and the men get a $3 refund.
25+2+3 =30

HughBe--- My dear Culti, you have ACCOUNTED for the $30 but have NOT answered the question i.e. what happened to the other dollar?

The answer is NOTHING. It is in the $27. The addition of the two dollars to the $27 is double counting and so wrong.

Actual cost to the men $27 (25+2)
Refund 3
Original funds $30

The "9 times 3 = 27 + the 2 dollars the clerk stoled" is just a magic trick. If the refund was added you would get $32 or more money than the original $30 given, see below. Also, the $27(9 times 3) dollars ALREADY contains the stolen $2 and so to add another stolen $2 is double counting and foolish.

$27(9*3)+$2(stolen)+3(refund)= $32
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Huggybear

Do you enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee?

Do you say "Mon" at the end of each sentence?

Just curious.

Have you shined yourself today?

Admired yourself in the mirror?

Missed me?

Happy New Year, if it's not too late..
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Texas Congressman Threatens Obama With
Impeachment If He Uses Exec. Orders on Guns
Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
January 15, 2013
A Texas Congressman is threatening president Obama with
impeachment if his administration exercises executive action to scale
back the Second Amendment.
In a press release titled,“Obama’s gun grab
an unconstitutional threat to the nation,”
republican Rep. Steve Stockman stated,“The
White House’s recent announcement they
will use executive orders and executive
actions to infringe on our constitutionally-
protected right to keep and bear arms is an
unconstitutional and unconscionable attack
on the very founding principles of this
republic.”
Rep. Stockman said that he will pursue “any
means necessary” to thwart Obama’s use of
executive orders targeting the Second
Amendment “including but not limited to eliminating funding for
implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles
of impeachment.”
“Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any
action that disarms any peaceable person – much less without due
process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress
or a ruling of a court,” Rep. Stockman stated.
The Congressman said that the president’s actions would represent
“not just an attack on the Constitution” but “a direct attack on
Americans that place all of us in danger.”
“If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own
personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.”
Congressman Stockman’s strong defense of the Second Amendment
comes at a crucial time in the gun control debate. Anti-gun
proponents have been envigored by the recent tragic events in
Newtown, CT and are seeking to capitalize on the nation’s emotional
vulnerability during this opportune moment to pass sweeping gun
reform.
However, there are some law enforcers at local levels that say they
will not enforce any unconstitutional mandates declared by the federal
government. Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky
during a town hall speech this past Saturday, told attendees that he
had no intention of taking anybody’s guns away .“I am responsible for
the people inside this county,” stated Peyman, adding,“I couldn’t
justify, if Obama passes this, it doesn’t matter what he passes, the
sheriff has more power than the federal people.”
“I consider this a moral obligation… My office will not comply with
any federal actions which violate the United States Constitution or the
Kentucky Constitution which I swore to uphold,” Peyman declared.

http://www.infowars.com/texas-congressman-thr...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

No shortage of fringe lunatics.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything, your story reinforces my point, not yours. Your story was a riddle designed to confuse the reader. In attempting to analyze the riddle, people tend to go with their initial instincts (much like they do with religion or try to explain something they don't understand). It's lazy thinking that leads to incorrect assumptions. In the end, though, I have shown that it is logic and a proper understanding of mathematics that yields the truth, not some subjective, intuitive experience.
<quoted text>
Like rising from the dead, walking on water, turning water into wine? I agree. It amazes me how people can believe such wild things.
At least with evolution, we have compelling, physical evidence across multiple, scientific disciplines all converging on the same conclusion. No theory in the history of science has been so thoroughly tested and withstood so many attacks by the unenlightened. You really should make an attempt to understand the science better rather than making lazy assumptions.
So you're saying that people have seen people evolve from rocks?
plus it don't take a rocket scientist to live life.
Maybe my example was poor, and I don't study alot of science. What I know about science, is that it is wonderful, but true science and God can and does walk hand in hand.
Millions of years ago, or far far away this or that happened, is no different then saying many years ago a man walked on water.

I've never been able to explain what happened to me, and for sure I didn't evolve.

The same goes for many other true believers in God.
Their lives were completely changed by God.

You are no different then anyone else, who tries to not believe in a God.
You know if there is a God, then you may be held accountable for your sin.

To those who don't believe, there is no amount of evidence that will be enough. To those of us who do believe, no amount of evidence is needed.

God put in every man the need to worship, this is why every man worships something. Most worship themselves, just like I did for years.

All I know for sure, is what happened to me that night. It was clear who woke me up, and who changed my core values "things that are never changed in a person, was changed in me.

Plus I desired greatly to read a bible, and did for hours and hours, days, weeks, now years. Before I would have rather chewed off my own foot, then read 1 verse.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Alex Jone: The brain behind Infowars

Even Glenn Back says he's a nutcase

Piers Morgan said on Tuesday that his infamous encounter with radio host Alex Jones would only help his gun control crusade.

The radio host more than lost his temper with Morgan on Monday, going on a monumental rant about guns. He then speculated that he might be murdered by undercover police officers.

"I can't think of a better advertisement for gun control than Alex Jones' interview last night," Morgan told CNN on Tuesday. "It was startling, it was terrifying in parts, it was completely deluded. It was based on a premise of making Americans so fearful that they all rush out to buy even more guns ... the kind of twisted way that he turned everything into this assault on the Second Amendment is exactly what the gun rights lobby people do."

At least one person agreed that Jones was a terrible spokesman for gun rights: Glenn Beck. Speaking on his radio show Tuesday, he said that Morgan had chosen well if his intention was to discredit the pro-gun movement.

"Piers Morgan is trying to have gun control," Beck said. "He is trying to make everybody who has guns and who believes the Second Amendment to be a deterrent to an out of control government look like a madman. So now he immediately books the madman and makes him look like a conservative."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/pier...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

former res wrote:
No shortage of fringe lunatics.
Fringe? You dont think an executive order surpassing congress and the bill of rights is unconsyitutional?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

former res wrote:
Alex Jone: The brain behind Infowars
Even Glenn Back says he's a nutcase
"I can't think of a better advertisement for gun control than Alex Jones' interview last night," Morgan told CNN on Tuesday. "It was startling, it was terrifying in parts, it was completely deluded. It was based on a premise of making Americans so fearful that they all rush out to buy even more guns ... the kind of twisted way that he turned everything into this assault on the Second Amendment is exactly what the gun rights lobby people do."
At least one person agreed that Jones was a terrible spokesman for gun rights: Glenn Beck. Speaking on his radio show Tuesday, he said that Morgan had chosen well if his intention was to discredit the pro-gun movement.
"Piers Morgan is trying to have gun control," Beck said. "He is trying to make everybody who has guns and who believes the Second Amendment to be a deterrent to an out of control government look like a madman. So now he immediately books the madman and makes him look like a conservative."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/pier...
The founders would do more than get mad at the unamerican redcoat, they would tar and feather him for advocating curtailing their rights.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
So you're saying that people have seen people evolve from rocks?
How can one statement be so wrong in so many different ways. Let me count the ways...

1. To the best of my knowledge, no evolutionary scientist has ever said that people evolved from rocks. If you have citations supporting that statement, now would be a good time to provide them.

2. If you are referring to life arising from non-living organic material, then you are talking about abiogenesis, which is a different branch of science than evolutionary biology. Abiogenesis deals with the origins of life. Evolutionary biology deals with how living things evolve over time via a process known as natural selection. Two completely different topics.

3. You don't have to witness evolution first hand to be able to review and understand the evidence that it leaves behind. Your entire argument is based on a a logical fallacy known as "Argument from Incredulity". You believe in a god of the gaps. You use the concept of god to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
Gtown71 wrote:
What I know about science, is that it is wonderful, but true science and God can and does walk hand in hand.
So then why do you fight science. Evolution is as close to a fact as you are going to find in science. Stop being so thick headed.
Gtown71 wrote:
Millions of years ago, or far far away this or that happened, is no different then saying many years ago a man walked on water.
Very different. Science deals in facts. Believing a man walked on water deals with heresay and faith, which is nothing more than belief without evidence.
Gtown71 wrote:
You are no different then anyone else, who tries to not believe in a God.
I don't try. It just come natural.
Gtown71 wrote:
You know if there is a God, then you may be held accountable for your sin.
And if there is a god, I'll hold him accountable for his attrocities.
Gtown71 wrote:
To those who don't believe, there is no amount of evidence that will be enough.
Not true. Objective, verifiable evidence is all that is required.
Gtown71 wrote:
To those of us who do believe, no amount of evidence is needed.
Faith = belief without evidence. Problem with that is you have no way of ascertaining the truth objectively.
Gtown71 wrote:
God put in every man the need to worship, this is why every man worships something. Most worship themselves, just like I did for years.
You must be using a strange definition of "worship".
Gtown71 wrote:
All I know for sure, is what happened to me that night. It was clear who woke me up, and who changed my core values "things that are never changed in a person, was changed in me.
Plus I desired greatly to read a bible, and did for hours and hours, days, weeks, now years. Before I would have rather chewed off my own foot, then read 1 verse.
Yes, you've mentioned this once or twice before.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fringe? You dont think an executive order surpassing congress and the bill of rights is unconsyitutional?
What do you care? You don't acknowledge the government, so what do the petty arguments in DC matter to you?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll what shakes out.

The First Amendment is not absolute either.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The founders would do more than get mad at the unamerican redcoat, they would tar and feather him for advocating curtailing their rights.
You mean for exercising his right to free speech?

Wow!

Wouldn't that be assault and battery on our British guest?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

former res wrote:
Huggybear
Do you enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee?
Do you say "Mon" at the end of each sentence?
Just curious.
Have you shined yourself today?
Admired yourself in the mirror?
Missed me?
Happy New Year, if it's not too late..
Former--Do you enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee?

HughBe--- No and currently I don't drink coffee. It is my intention to start because of health benefits.

Former--Do you say "Mon" at the end of each sentence?
Just curious.

HughBe-- I understand the reason for the question because we have NEVER corresponded and so the question is appropriate. Well I don't use the word.

Former--Have you shined yourself today?

HughBe--- No, only washed and I am now recommending it to you. They ran out of BLACK polish and so I could not polish and shine as usual.

Former--Admired yourself in the mirror?

HughBe--- Typically done when grooming. It is hard not to do so when one beholds the magnificence created by God.

Former--Missed me?

HughBe--- Seriously YES. I tend to be sentimental and I now know you and understand you and like you too.

On another note, the knowing is not the same that is shared by yourself and Frijoles that is a biblical one.

Former--Happy New Year, if it's not too late..

HughBe--- It is never too late to express good things. Happy New Year to you too and truly the very best for 2013 including getting a shiny creature to convert you and to sit on your mouth.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-38

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : TUFAIL BIN ‘AMR DOSSI

TUFAIL was well respected chief of DOSS clan, that lived near Yemen. Once he came to Makkah for UMRAH, that was the period when prophet had declared his mission and Makkan people had decided to warn any newcomer of the “dangers” he posed to innocent and unsuspecting foreign visitors to Makkah!

On the outskirts of Makkah TUFAIL met some Makkah people, who asked him from where he came, he introduced himself, and they warned to be careful of a “possessed man” who causes separation between husbands and wives and between fathers and sons. So much so that he put cotton in his ears, so as to not even listen the words of Prophet!

When TUFAIL entered Kaaba, he found prophet standing in one corner in prayers and reciting from Quran. TUFAIL went near and he heard some words of what prophet was reciting, but due to cotton in his ears, he was unable to hear properly.

“Oh what a fool I am” thought TUFAIL , what harm can mere words do, I will listen and decide myself, if they are good or evil. So he removed cotton from his ears and listened attentively to Quran. After finishing prayers prophet left for his home and TUFAIL followed him.

He talked to prophet and learned about the message of Islam and became his follower. Then he went to his own town and due to his efforts, his father, his wife and some of his friends. But most people of his tribe did not accept Islam. TUFAIL came to prophet and complained about their behavior and asked prophet to curse these people.

Prophet raised his hands in prayer,“Now bad time has come on DOSS Tribe” though TUFAIL. But Prophet said “O Allah guide DOSS” Two or three times. Then he asked TUFAIL to go back and invite his people to Islam in softly and with wisdom. This time most people of DOSS tribe became Muslim.

This was the “Sword of Quran” Most Potent of all Swords which people used on TUFAIL to enslave him for ever!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We Condemn "Everyone" who says anything "bad" about any prophet of God. Period!
What about people who say bad things about false propohets like Mohammud?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one statement be so wrong in so many different ways. Let me count the ways...
1. To the best of my knowledge, no evolutionary scientist has ever said that people evolved from rocks. If you have citations supporting that statement, now would be a good time to provide them.
2. If you are referring to life arising from non-living organic material, then you are talking about abiogenesis, which is a different branch of science than evolutionary biology. Abiogenesis deals with the origins of life. Evolutionary biology deals with how living things evolve over time via a process known as natural selection. Two completely different topics.
3. You don't have to witness evolution first hand to be able to review and understand the evidence that it leaves behind. Your entire argument is based on a a logical fallacy known as "Argument from Incredulity". You believe in a god of the gaps. You use the concept of god to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
<quoted text>
So then why do you fight science. Evolution is as close to a fact as you are going to find in science. Stop being so thick headed.
<quoted text>
Very different. Science deals in facts. Believing a man walked on water deals with heresay and faith, which is nothing more than belief without evidence.
<quoted text>
I don't try. It just come natural.
<quoted text>
And if there is a god, I'll hold him accountable for his attrocities.
<quoted text>
Not true. Objective, verifiable evidence is all that is required.
<quoted text>
Faith = belief without evidence. Problem with that is you have no way of ascertaining the truth objectively.
<quoted text>
You must be using a strange definition of "worship".
<quoted text>
Yes, you've mentioned this once or twice before.
Whatever you call it, there are two stories to how we got here.
1. GOD CREATED ALL THINGS, including evil, becouse without it -free will wouldn't be possible.
2. Millions of years rocks, animals, man.
Which noone has seen evolution. You can breed two animals, "pink one and a blue one " of THE SAME KIND, and get a variation of the animal. Plus humans do this "black man -white girl -you get a mixed human, but you can't breed a fish with a bird.
It does take faith, to believe in God, that's how He set it up.

Me, the old lead guitar player from korn,crissy moran (former pornstar), and many others have had an encounter with God, and "HE " changed our core beliefs.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Do you enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee?
HughBe--- No and currently I don't drink coffee. It is my intention to start because of health benefits.
A plan to have a plan is no plan at all.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Do you say "Mon" at the end of each sentence?
Just curious.
HughBe-- I understand the reason for the question because we have NEVER corresponded and so the question is appropriate. Well I don't use the word.
Why some Jamaicans do and some don't?

Is it due to your high social status?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Have you shined yourself today?
HughBe--- No, only washed and I am now recommending it to you. They ran out of BLACK polish and so I could not polish and shine as usual.
I am certain you are very clean.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Admired yourself in the mirror?
HughBe--- Typically done when grooming. It is hard not to do so when one beholds the magnificence created by God.
You work the mention of your god in at every opportunity.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Missed me?
HughBe--- Seriously YES. I tend to be sentimental and I now know you and understand you and like you too.
I'm blushing.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Happy New Year, if it's not too late..
HughBe--- It is never too late to express good things. Happy New Year to you too and truly the very best for 2013 including getting a shiny creature to convert you and to sit on your mouth.
Female, of course.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

idgaf wrote:
I see truth and understanding of stories and philosophies that people have individually. I fail to see connections with God. I fail to see that although you are all very knowledgable about the early languages that one of you can make the connections with God. I do see a lot of knowledge or perceived knowledge.
I reiterate, why did God not reveal Himself to the American Indians (America being the new world)? There were also many others who didn't get the memo. Why? Why theJews? Why the Arabs? Why the Romans?
But there WAS Divine revelation to all of those groups. Oh, not all heard the same God, but then why would they? They all had their own Deities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info