Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
42,181 - 42,200 of 68,439 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Language drift since the 18th Century...
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Well regulated = properly equipped
Militia = all freeborn men 18 to 60
Arms = the weapons used by said militia, that is, the weapons and tools of war
That's all well and good, but from a legal perspective, the only thing that matters is the current interpretation of the courts, not yours or mine.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-34

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABU HURIRAH AND PEOPLE OF SUFFAH

ABU HURIRAH was a well known companion of prophet, who has transmitted maximum number of Prophet’ sayings in the books of Hadith. When he came to Madina, he was bachelor and he did not had any money or other provisions.

Such people used to live in a small Shade called “SUFFAH” adjacent to the Prophet’s mosque. They were full time devoted to learning of Quran and Islamic teachings. Prophet used to take care of their daily food, if any food was gifted to him, he would share it with them, if any thing came from charity, he would send it to them etc. ABU HURIRAH was also one of those people in start of his Islamic life. He had a very strange story to tell us:

“One day, during noon time, I felt extreme hunger and there was nothing to eat, I came out in the street, so as to meet some one and perchance he may invite me to his house and give me some food”

“I was in the street, when Abu Bakr passed by, I saluted him and asked meaning of a Quranic verse, hoping he would ask me to come with him. But he answered me and went his way. After some time, Omar passed by, I repeated the same thing to him, he also answered and went his way”

“After some time, prophet passed by, I saluted him, and asked the same question. He looked at me, smiled and asked me to follow him. We reached his house, he went inside and then invited me to come inside. He asked his wife, is there any thing to eat. He was told that there is one pitcher of milk, which was gifted to him by some one from Madina. It was a small quantity of milk sufficing for one or persons at the most. I hoped prophet would give it to me.”

“But prophet asked me to bring people of SUFFAH also. I went saying in my heart, how so many persons will drink from this pitcher, and then prophet will ask me to drink in the last. What would be my share? But I could not refuse the prophet’s command. I went and ten or so other people of SUFFAH came with me”.

“When they all sat, prophet took the pitcher, and asked me, to go and give it to the first man on my right, he took the pitcher, drank from it and gave it back to me. Then I went to next person and so on…”

“When every one had drunk from the pitcher, only myself and prophet were left. Prophet said “ABU HURIRAH, now only you and me are left” I said “Yes, O Messenger of Allah”

“He gave me the pitcher and asked me to drink from it. I drank, he asked me to drink again, He again asked me to drink….untill I was satisfied and said “O prophet of Allah, I can not drink any more”

“Then the prophet took the pitcher, gave thanks to Allah and drank the rest of milk”

Such was the “sword of Love, compassion and Grace from Allah” with which prophet used to enslave his trusted companions for ever.

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

REVELATION IN ANY LANGUAGE IS POSSIBLE:

REVELATIONS of the supraphysical kind can come to a seer in trance in his native language. There's no restriction on this. The supraphysical being of a particular plane of consciousness-energy communicating with the tranced seer will communicate via a Voice in the native language of the seer. Fools say that revelations can only be be given in Sanskrit, Hebrew or Arabic. However, the seed mantras or basal vibrations that correspond to the various planes of consciousness-energy are best formulated in Sanskrit with AUM or OM being one of the foremost.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

MANTRA:

1) A mantra in its activated form unlocks the archetypal energy-consciousness that it is the sound-form of.

2) Each mantra corresponds to a specific state of consciousness-energy that may lie in the force fields in the body or in the superior force dimensions above the head.

3) To get into a particular plane of consciousness-energy, one needs to receive the activated mantra corresponding to that plane from a person who has realized it in his own consciousness and then incorporate it into one's own force fields.

4) With a little concentration, the activated mantra opens up the individual's consciousness and links it to the plane of consciousness-energy that it is a sound form of.

5) A mantra based on sound vibration is good, the better mantras are based on mechanism of sound.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

BIPOLAR & MONOPOLAR MANTRAS:

1) Mechanism of mantra is either bipolar or monopolar.

2) The mantras corresponding to the supramental planes are monopolar, while the mantras corresponding to the planes that lie below the supermind are of the bipolar type.

3) A bipolar mantra is of the dualistic and qualified non-dualistic kind and manifests as a link in consciousness-energy among the disparates which are visible to the inner vision.

4) A monopolar mantra introduces the complete unified range of consciousness-energy - the totality of that plane and of the planes below - that takes the seer's consciousness into the unification state that unifies all the diversities and goes beyond into something higher than these individual aspects which is the state of totality of the specific plane of consciousness-energy attained to and of those below.

5) The prophets and sages of the Tanakh, NT, Quran and of many Upanishads were familiar with the bipolar mantras since they were unaware of the supramental reaches of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-34
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : ABU HURIRAH AND PEOPLE OF SUFFAH
ABU HURIRAH was a well known companion of prophet, who has transmitted maximum number of Prophet’ sayings in the books of Hadith. When he came to Madina, he was bachelor and he did not had any money or other provisions.
Such people used to live in a small Shade called “SUFFAH” adjacent to the Prophet’s mosque. They were full time devoted to learning of Quran and Islamic teachings. Prophet used to take care of their daily food, if any food was gifted to him, he would share it with them, if any thing came from charity, he would send it to them etc. ABU HURIRAH was also one of those people in start of his Islamic life. He had a very strange story to tell us:
“One day, during noon time, I felt extreme hunger and there was nothing to eat, I came out in the street, so as to meet some one and perchance he may invite me to his house and give me some food”
“I was in the street, when Abu Bakr passed by, I saluted him and asked meaning of a Quranic verse, hoping he would ask me to come with him. But he answered me and went his way. After some time, Omar passed by, I repeated the same thing to him, he also answered and went his way”
“After some time, prophet passed by, I saluted him, and asked the same question. He looked at me, smiled and asked me to follow him. We reached his house, he went inside and then invited me to come inside. He asked his wife, is there any thing to eat. He was told that there is one pitcher of milk, which was gifted to him by some one from Madina. It was a small quantity of milk sufficing for one or persons at the most. I hoped prophet would give it to me.”
“But prophet asked me to bring people of SUFFAH also. I went saying in my heart, how so many persons will drink from this pitcher, and then prophet will ask me to drink in the last. What would be my share? But I could not refuse the prophet’s command. I went and ten or so other people of SUFFAH came with me”.
“When they all sat, prophet took the pitcher, and asked me, to go and give it to the first man on my right, he took the pitcher, drank from it and gave it back to me. Then I went to next person and so on…”
“When every one had drunk from the pitcher, only myself and prophet were left. Prophet said “ABU HURIRAH, now only you and me are left” I said “Yes, O Messenger of Allah”
“He gave me the pitcher and asked me to drink from it. I drank, he asked me to drink again, He again asked me to drink….untill I was satisfied and said “O prophet of Allah, I can not drink any more”
“Then the prophet took the pitcher, gave thanks to Allah and drank the rest of milk”
Such was the “sword of Love, compassion and Grace from Allah” with which prophet used to enslave his trusted companions for ever.
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Living aside the pseudo miracle of the milk... You started by saying which "swords" your prophet used against his enemies, but end up by telling the story of Muhammad feeding a foodless person named Abu Hurirah.

You went out the theme you started.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

Leaving aside the pseudo miracle of the milk... You started by saying which "swords" your prophet used against his enemies, but end up by telling the story of Muhammad feeding a foodless person named Abu Hurirah.

I don't see any enemies at all.

The title has nothing to do with the topic.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Thats because it is far easier to cut and paste

than it is to actually read and, Godess forbid,

understand what you are pasting.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Living aside the pseudo miracle of the milk...
Pseudo-miracle? LOL.

It's possible to multiply/materialize matter - in this case milk - via application of the vital force.

I am unimpressed by such paranormal phenomena since they're of the ordinary kind - in this case vital phenomena.

The supra-vital phenomena are superior and very different in comparison to vital feats.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bare no fruit? Bare - To expose? You mean - bear no fruit, right?
Prophecies are hogwash and very rarely fulfil themselves.
It's now time to get down to action.
Get it?
Jesus fulfilled so many prophecies, that it would be a zillion to one, to ever do so. Plus I noticed many verses you took out of context, and /or don't understand,since you must have your eyes opened spiritualy by God, before you can truly understand. Yet He said many verses that were hard to understand. The bible is called the sword, just to answer one. He didn't come to bring peace, but division. If someone gets saved, and they are in an all Jewish or atheist family, do you not think that there will be division? All you have to do, is read this topic.:)
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

The sentences were almost all incoherent at best. I read but it sounds like someone wrote this to give the meaning of Jesus and Him feeding his followers with the fish. It sounds like someone went out and made this up to say, "look we have same story, we true people."
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Living aside the pseudo miracle of the milk... You started by saying which "swords" your prophet used against his enemies, but end up by telling the story of Muhammad feeding a foodless person named Abu Hurirah.
You went out the theme you started.
rabbee: yeah! sounds more like a bs, bait and switch idol feeding frenzy to me. involving worshiping them in their religion, rather than G-D. but i have had enough of this worship us, in our only true religion. and come worship yourself, with us.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus fulfilled so many prophecies, that it would be a zillion to one, to ever do so.
I think the fulfilled prophecies of Nostradamus' or of Edgar Cayce outnumber those attributed to Jesus.

Can you post just 1 original and truly profound teaching of Jesus?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus fulfilled so many prophecies
Who prophesied about Jesus? LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

I noticed many verses you took out of context, and /or don't understand
Which are they?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

He didn't come to bring peace, but division.
Only evil men and lunatics come to maim, kill and divide humankind.

Jesus said - I give you peace, my peace....

Isn't this a truly arrogant remark from Jesus?

Did the peace that Jesus brought into the world helped humankind or the unregenerate terrestrial consciousness in any way?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Only evil men and lunatics come to maim, kill and divide humankind.
Jesus said - I give you peace, my peace....
Isn't this a truly arrogant remark from Jesus?
Did the peace that Jesus brought into the world helped humankind or the unregenerate terrestrial consciousness in any way?
Yes it would be the comment a very arrogant person would make, UNLESS that person could backup what they say. Yet Jesus made many comments that would make Him a liar or crazy, UNLESS what He said was true.

There is no peace in this world, not before or after Jesus came, and died on the cross, and riding the third day.
There is only peace that the believers in Jesus have.

I felt like a caged lion for years as an atheist, but after the night I was born again, the very first thing to happen to me, is that for the first time in my life I had peace. A piece that passes all understanding.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Amen Brother. Continue to find peace.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Did you know that a British Thermal Unit is defined as the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes it would be the comment a very arrogant person would make, UNLESS that person could backup what they say. Yet Jesus made many comments that would make Him a liar or crazy, UNLESS what He said was true.

There is no peace in this world, not before or after Jesus came, and died on the cross, and riding the third day.

There is only peace that the believers in Jesus have.

I felt like a caged lion for years as an atheist, but after the night I was born again, the very first thing to happen to me, is that for the first time in my life I had peace. A piece that passes all understanding.
Jesus and you are mother fu-cking idiots, failures and silly men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 6 min _Zoey_ 4,591
Music Artists A to Z 8 min _Zoey_ 263
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,083,777
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 1 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 2 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 477
Amy 7-30 3 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters