Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,030
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46459 Jan 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
What happened to MUQ's posts from Sunday? There were some from early Sunday that I didn't have time to respond and now they are gone.
Not only Sunday but Monday too.

And there are large gaps in the numberings in Tuesday. I assumed that he was away for the holidays but maybe he actually got banned.

Time will tell.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46460 Jan 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
What happened to MUQ's posts from Sunday? There were some from early Sunday that I didn't have time to respond and now they are gone.
On another thread a long long time ago, with FR and Cult, there was this loonie guy called "Holy Cow" - He was a lot of fun but we all knew he was missing a few screws. One day an entire year and half of his posts vaporized along with him. The funny part was that many of the posts were still preserved thru the replies. We figured either he committed a crime, or he was committed, or he darkly self destructed.

Eric

Roselle, IL

#46462 Jan 2, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only Sunday but Monday too.
And there are large gaps in the numberings in Tuesday. I assumed that he was away for the holidays but maybe he actually got banned.
Time will tell.
But I have never known MUQ to actually break any terms. His point of view I don't agree with, but he is normally within lines of decency.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#46463 Jan 2, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm....All because I challenge your inacurracies and your lopsided rhetoric?
How about defending your prophet against the allegations that I have stated. Was he a pedophile/child molester or not? How old was his wife?
What do you mean? Mohammud waited until she was 9 before having sex with her!
Voluntarist

United States

#46465 Jan 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops, even retired cops, cost money. The teachers are already on the payroll...
Public schooling should be eliminated, that would be one hell of a tax break, communities can find better cost effective ways to educate children.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#46468 Jan 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schooling should be eliminated, that would be one hell of a tax break, communities can find better cost effective ways to educate children.
Not if the goal is to have most children to grow up to be educated adults. Private education is great, for those that can afford it, but private schools have the luxury of picking and choosing which students they will let in and which they will exclude. My son is "special needs". Most private schools would not even consider letting him in, it is not "cost effective" for them.

Then too, there is the matter of accountability. Public schools are (theoretically, at least) required to be accountable to the public, to show that they are providing a proper education and not merely brainwashing the kids into one ideology or another. Obviously, this means that public school education will have some folks rather P.O.ed that the school is not forcing thier favored ideology down little Jonnie's throat. But hey, that's what parents are for...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46469 Jan 2, 2013
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-30

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : BILAL AND ABU DHARR

Both of these are well known companions of prophet and they accepted Islam at a very early stage. BILAL was a Abyssinian slave, who was freed by Abu Baker and accepted Islam at a very early stage.

ABU DHARR was from GIFAR tribe of Arabia and he also accepted Islam at a very early stage.

Once upon a time, there was some argument between these two companions of prophet and ABU DHARR called BILAL son of a Black Woman (a racial slang).

BILAL came to prophet and complained about it, Prophet called ABU DHARR and asked “Have you abused BILAL saying such and such”?

“Yes” ABU DHARR replied “When people argue, such words do come out of mouth”

“You have traits of Period of ingnorance in you” Said the prophet

“Even after so much time and when one gets old”? Asked ABU DHARR

“Yes” said the prophet “Go and apologize to BILAL”.

ABU DHARR went to BILAL and apologized to him and said “Put you foot on my mouth, it was this mouth which swore at you” BILAL refused, but ABD DHARR keep on insisting unless BILAL agreed and did as asked.

After that no one said any thing like that to BILAL. In fact Omar used to say, BILAL was a slave of prophet but he is our Superior and our Leader.

Using “sword of equality” the prophet was able to put forward a very strong` message of equality to his companions.

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Voluntarist

United States

#46472 Jan 2, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You think men of science haven't looked at all this and done the calculationes to verify what happened?
Do you believe in gravity?
All you really have to do is look at the news footage immediately after the "event"
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Voluntarist

United States

#46473 Jan 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if the goal is to have most children to grow up to be educated adults. Private education is great, for those that can afford it, but private schools have the luxury of picking and choosing which students they will let in and which they will exclude. My son is "special needs". Most private schools would not even consider letting him in, it is not "cost effective" for them.
Then too, there is the matter of accountability. Public schools are (theoretically, at least) required to be accountable to the public, to show that they are providing a proper education and not merely brainwashing the kids into one ideology or another. Obviously, this means that public school education will have some folks rather P.O.ed that the school is not forcing thier favored ideology down little Jonnie's throat. But hey, that's what parents are for...
I dont believe todays children are any smarter than yesterdays children in fact they are quite dumb.
And there is an agenda
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/
If i may ask what is the nature of your childs "special need"?
You do know that the more special needs children the more federal money that comes in?
Voluntarist

United States

#46474 Jan 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Accountability should be with parents, seems like parents dont want to be parants anymore, "the state" is the parent. Very dangerous.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#46478 Jan 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bomb Damage Analysis of Alfred P. Murrah
Federal Building
by Brigadier Gen. Bentin K. Partin, USAF (Ret.)
http://physics911.net/generalpartinreport/
Give me the bottom line along with the qualifications of the author.
Voluntarist

United States

#46479 Jan 2, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the bottom line along with the qualifications of the author.
Watch the short video in my other post.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46480 Jan 2, 2013
LOL.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#46481 Jan 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that idiot did any such thing? did you witness him hanging up posters?
That is the platform he RAN on, the exact same as he did in '08. It's the very reason republicans mocked him in '08 and for the next four years, and it is an undeniable fact that Romney made a career (and a fortune) out-sourcing the labor behind American companies Bain capital vulture-capitalized on when they snatched them up to slave-wage labor nations. He never even bothered to deny it, he was PROUD of it. Don't get me wrong, yes, I think Obama's an idiot and I think American's are stupid for voting him in again. But the election at least proved to ME that America still has some semblance of a national soul, as bad as Obama is, as terrible as he is going to make things over the next four years, as terrible as the poverty and the economic ruin is probably going to get, at the very LEAST America demonstrated collectively that they STILL will choose someone who is willing to get out there in a Chicago winter and try to make things better. America STILL rejected that illusion perpetuated by unadulterated greed that some in the nation try to project that the worship of money will forgive any transgression, even the one one that runs treasonous in nature. Do I agree with Obama's policies? No. The new tax-reform "fiscal cliff" nonsense is going to kill us. American families will hurt from this like no one understands, this will devestate us. Witholding alone is going to cripple the middle-class, our economy is probably going to finish it's toilet-flush once and for all. We deserve it. 40 years of nonsensical "free-trade" alliances and devastation of protective tarriffs and trade protections and anti-union sentiments mostly fueled by extremely upper-class well-heeled and politically powerful C.E.O.'s and C.F.O.'s that put us into bed with China and Mexico and everyone else that produced a Romney in the first place have bought it. At least when Obama was doing his community organizing and and arranging his meetings and attempting to better his community, he was doing it locally. Romney went INTERNATIONAL with it, and sold off wholesale American manufacturing interests, jobs, and livelihoods that devestated entire towns. Both were legal. Only one was honorable.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#46482 Jan 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Geez
With the new year comes the old loonies
andhere I had you pegged for an Ang Sunge Laud kind of guy. I agree, though, the thread has somewhat gotten off-track, not that that is a problem, it is a discussion-board, after all. The conversation will go whatever direction it goes. But it does make you wonder... ARE Messianic Jews persecuted in Israel? And if they are ARE, why, apparently, do Jews, a professed Messianic Jew, a rabidly militant Islamist, and various extremely narrow agenda-driven folks with racist, anti-Semitic, or ultra-atheistic points-of-view so interested in the topic that they choose to debate it here? I personally have very little first-hand knowledge, I have only met one Messianic Jew in my life. If the "persecution" part comes about because regular Israelis Jews don't want to call Messianic Jews "Jews." They insist upon calling them "Christians" and they feel "persecuted" because of that, well... welcome to the club. Christianity has had to deal with that for over 2000 years, and really, Islam has had to for 1700 or so, I highly doubt all Buddhists agree on their nonsense either and even the crap-hole bastions of anti-religious fervor of China and Russia disagree on the proper interpretation of atheism and have for the better part of a 100 years. Maybe I missed something. Has the definition of "persecuted" changed? If it turns out that Israel has been rounding up the Messianic people, putting them in camps, killing them en-masse', yeah, THAT is "persecution" in my book. Let's talk about that. Let's deal with it. But if it's just a matter of general "cold-shoulder" behavior publically, feeling disrespected at the grocery store, whatever... why is there even a topix thread about this mentality, again?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46483 Jan 3, 2013
QUESTION:

How are babies made?

(smiles)
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46486 Jan 3, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have never known MUQ to actually break any terms. His point of view I don't agree with, but he is normally within lines of decency.
Do you expect rationality from Topix?

More likely it is a byproduct result of something else going on in MUQs life. Though his dissapearance for now might simply be because he is traveling home to India for the holidays.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46487 Jan 3, 2013
Oops- should of read the rest of the posts

Welcome back MUQ

Why were your posts pulled?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46488 Jan 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I COULD say something really snide about you as a case example, but I will take the high road for now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#46489 Jan 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment permits people to own any type of weapon. No limits. Tanks, missiles, mortars or howitzers, the Constitution says that we have a right to own them.
Using them, however, is another matter...
The real trick is keeping them out of the wrong hands.
Not sure I agree with your interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Neither have the courts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Right 1,125,550
Abby 10-22 9 min Sublime1 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min jacques Ottawa 179,292
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 31 min Walt Kowalski 3
Abby 10-20 1 hr Ralph 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ralph 98,500
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,489
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]