Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,571
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46292 Dec 29, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
FOCUS, my boy.
Who are the Lubavitchers?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach him to use the Internet, and he won't bother you for weeks!

www.google.com
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46293 Dec 29, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-21

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : A Bedouin of desert

Once prophet and his companions were returning from a Military compaign, it was noon time and very hot. Prophet saw a tree and wanted to take a small nap in its shade. He took his sword, hung it by one of the branch, and went to sleep.

A Bedouin was watching the prophet, he saw him alone, sleeping with his sword hanging by the tree. He was not a Muslim by that time, thinking it to be a good opportunity, he went to the tree, removed the sword and woke up the prophet.

“Now tell me Mohammad, who will save you from my hand”? He asked the prophet. Prophet opened his eyes, saw the Bedouin with sword in his hand standing by his head. He did not lose his calm.

“Allah” he replied in a very cool and with conviction. The Bedouin was taken aback, the sword fell from his hand, prophet picked up the sword and said

“Now, tell me, who will protect you from MY hand”

“No one, I only expect mercy and forgiveness from you hand”, he replied.

“Will you accept Islam” the prophet asked.

“No, but I will not help your enemies” the Bedouin replied. Prophet let him go unharmed.

That Bedouin was chief of his clan, he went and recounted this incident and very soon the whole clan became Muslim.

So it was the “Sword of Faith, Mercy and Kindness” by which prophet enslaved this whole clan for ever!!

The Case of : HUSEIN BIN MUNDHER, KHAZAI

This is during the period when there was tussle between the Prophet and chieftains of Makkah. They wanted to get some sort of “understanding ” between prophet and themselves. First they sent UTBAH with the mission, when that failed, they sent HUSEIN with the same mission.

He came to prophet and told him about the problem of Makkah people and told why are you doing this thing, which has caused so much rift in the Makkan society.

Prophet kept on listening, and when he had finished his talking, he asked

“ ABU IMRAN (his title) how many gods you worship these days”

“Seven, six on the earth and one in the heavens” HUSEIN replied.

“To which of these seven you fear most and ask for things” asked the prophet.

“To one, who is in heavens” HUSEIN replied.

“If you become Muslim, I will teach you two sentences which will benefit you much” said the prophet.

On this HUSEIN accepted Islam, and asked the prophet to teach him those two sentences.

“O Allah! Send guidance to my heart! And save me from harm of my own self” told the prophet.

So it was the “sword of patience and sincerity” by which prophet enslaved HUSEIN for ever!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46294 Dec 29, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach him to use the Internet, and he won't bother you for weeks!
www.google.com
There is chabad in Jamaica.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46295 Dec 29, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
After Muhammad came to Yathrib (Medina), he began to grow in power. However, a number of people, both Jew and Arab, opposed him. Muhammad began to silence his opposition by various means. One of these means was to have them murdered.

Muhammad did have a number of enemies and critics, some were dangerous, others were ordinary people who lived in the area and thought nil of Muhammad. They spoke their minds.

One by one, they were silenced. Through treaties, intrigue, or outright terror, Muhammad gained power in Medina. Eventually, he was master of the area. He knew his followers loved him, and would die for him. They were at his disposal; and at times, he chose to use them to accomplish his desires.

In Yathrib (Medina), Muhammad had a number of people killed. One of them was `Asma' bint Marwan. Her crime was that she spoke out against Muhammad for having another man murdered named Abu Afak. In his displeasure towards her, Muhammad asked his followers to murder her as well. She was killed while she slept.

The next morning when the murderer informed Muhammad of what he had done, Muhammad told him "You have helped God and His apostle".

From the Sirat Rasul Allah (A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad") pages 675, 676.

From Ibn Sa`d's Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, translated by S. Moinul Haq, volume 2, pages 30-31.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46296 Dec 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There is chabad in Jamaica.
I have told the story many times that when my son went to Israel with Birthright, the trip was chaparoned by the Lubivitchers. It was at a time of strife and I called our Rabbi to see if it were safe to go. Our Rabbi was more concerned that my son was going with the Lubivitchers than he was with the strife.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46297 Dec 29, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gift is appreciated nevertheless you have not dealt with my post.
Recall, why not produce a superior work to that of your rabbis?
Share your understanding of the role of translations generally and here I am speaking about the spoken and written words.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46299 Dec 29, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Total number of "Human casualties" on Both Side in 10 years of "Intense Warfare" of our Prophet does not reach into 1000!!
Is there another example of such a "Peaceful Warrior" in the whole human history?
Our prophet used minimum force to get maximum result, could any one transfer the whole nation of Arabia, full with pagans into Strict Monotheism in mere 10 years with so little a force?
When you people start quoting "war history" of our prophet, you forget the most salient points!!
And you think that 'Every one of your reader" is not aware of Life History of our prophet.
But this is not the case. History of our prophet is like an open book, there is nothing hidden from our view.
But nevertheless it was a "brave effort" to prove your case!!
Make another try!!
If the one case I related is true (and you do not refute that it is), then your prophet is not the peaceful benevolent person that you have sought to portray in your never ending drivel of cut and paste. HE HAD A DEFENSELESS WOMAN KILLED IN HER SLEEP BECAUSE SHE SPOKE OUT AGAINST HIS RUTHLESSNESS. WHAT A F---ING COWARD!

She did not demean his religion. She did not take up arms against him. She disagreed with his tactic of killing innocent people.

And don't give me any BS about there only being 1000 casualties. There were almost that many in the Qurayza massacre.

"Peaceful Warrior", what an oxymoron.

Therefore, for ever post that you offer trying to show Muhammad as a peaceful, benevolent person, I will offer another exhibiting his ruthlessness.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46305 Dec 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have told the story many times that when my son went to Israel with Birthright, the trip was chaparoned by the Lubivitchers. It was at a time of strife and I called our Rabbi to see if it were safe to go. Our Rabbi was more concerned that my son was going with the Lubivitchers than he was with the strife.
That story earned a chuckle.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46312 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Thanks for providing me the lest of Isreali Nobel Prize winner, You are right, to go to google and search for this info is really too much for me. I thank you for your efforts.

2. We can have our opinions for what Isreal is known in the world for. It is strange that it is "unable" to solve this "Little problem" with Palestinians in past 60 years. With so many 'Creative minds" in one place.
1. You are quite welcome. Consider yourself educated. And internet lazy.

2. To have peace, BOTH sides have to buy into it. So far that has not been the case.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46313 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
The Case of : A Bedouin of desert
Once prophet and his companions were returning from a Military compaign, it was noon time and very hot. Prophet saw a tree and wanted to take a small nap in its shade. He took his sword, hung it by one of the branch, and went to sleep.
A Bedouin was watching the prophet, he saw him alone, sleeping with his sword hanging by the tree. He was not a Muslim by that time, thinking it to be a good opportunity, he went to the tree, removed the sword and woke up the prophet.
Muhammad was considered the holiest person in the world by his followers, not just that he was also the chief and spiritual leader of the muslim community, and you want us to believe that when such important person go to make a nap under a tree, none of his soldiers and companions who were with him, haven't taken the honorable task to supervise him risking his life, as it is done with any important authority, such as king, emperor, chief, ect.

Also when the beduin had the chance to kill your prophet while he (Muhammad) was sleeping, what he does? Woke him up? And instead to kill him (don't know where all militars and companions were in that moment to help their prophet) was enough to pronunce the word Allah to drop the sword? LOL

This has the same credibility of the existence of goblins.
MUQ wrote:
The Case of : HUSEIN BIN MUNDHER, KHAZAI

“If you become Muslim, I will teach you two sentences which will benefit you much” said the prophet.
On this HUSEIN accepted Islam, and asked the prophet to teach him those two sentences.
I never known someone who changed religion so fast as this man.

MUQ, it doesn't require to be a rocket scientist to know that this stories are alterations of what really happened, if not full inventions.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46314 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Total number of "Human casualties" on Both Side in 10 years of "Intense Warfare" of our Prophet does not reach into 1000!!
Is there another example of such a "Peaceful Warrior" in the whole human history?
Our prophet used minimum force to get maximum result, could any one transfer the whole nation of Arabia, full with pagans into Strict Monotheism in mere 10 years with so little a force?
When you people start quoting "war history" of our prophet, you forget the most salient points!!
And you think that 'Every one of your reader" is not aware of Life History of our prophet.
But this is not the case. History of our prophet is like an open book, there is nothing hidden from our view.
But nevertheless it was a "brave effort" to prove your case!!
Make another try!!
If the story that Eric has reported is true, and Muhammad had killed that woman only because she disagreed with his modus operandi then such a cruel person would have surely killed the beduin that have attempted to kill him.

Muhammad had killed only 1000 people? But according to some Hadithes he has killed many members of a jewish tribe, Banu Qurayza, counted to be 600/700. If 600/700 is number of people belonging only to one tribe, then since he fought against many tribes, it goes without saying the 1000 is just a propagandistic number.
Gtown71

United States

#46315 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted a fairly long post. We accept Jesus as a prophet of God and as a prophet of God, he preached the same message as prophets before him did.
That you worship only One True Lord and follow the example of your prophet.
As regards daily rituals and other things, we follow the example of Last and Final Prophet, who was sent as a Role Model for all humanity, till the last day.
We do not have to go very deep into the ritualistic aside of Jesus' message and concentrate on the spiritual and moral part of it, most of which were incorporated into teachings of our prophet, peace be on all prophets of God.
This is short reply to your long post.
Jesus is more than a prophet of God, He is God.
I never knew what verses the muslims used, and which ones the didn't?

Would you rather be asked by a man, to come to God?
would you rather God, ask you to come to Him?

Any religion a man can talk you into, another man can talk you out of, and into his religion.

If the one true living God, was to let you know without a doubt, that He was calling on you to come onto Him, and Him to live in you, then that is a day one never forgets.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46318 Dec 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I dont really think IQ is an indicator of anything (my opinion) worthwhile in terms of intellectual productivity.
But if it was, being a fish in a smaller pool seems to me to be a startegy that is more successful than a fish in a big pool.
So you are likley ahead of the game, as long as you jump into a bigger pool.
Pleasant good morning to you Frijoles. In reading your post I gather that you are a FISH.

Have a pleasant day.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46319 Dec 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
A tool in discovering the speaker of scripture is to look to the first part of the work. Therefore, in Zechariyah one can find the speaker in "Chapter" 1 of the "Book", and in particular, in "verses" 13 and 14.
Eric---Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.

HughBe--- Truly it was a SHOCK to learn that you are NOW into FISHES and its EATING. It certainly is a very positive move and I wish for you and family and of course, Frijoles, BMZ, Former and Culti et.al the very best for 2013.

Continue to EAT fish, Eric, I am proud of you.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46320 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

2. We can have our opinions for what Isreal is known in the world for. It is strange that it is "unable" to solve this "Little problem" with Palestinians in past 60 years. With so many 'Creative minds" in one place.
It takes two to solve that problem. You can't solve it without the Arabs wanting to discuss peace and come to the table. When they have the same attitude that you have espoused many times that the only solution is to give the Arabs 100% their own way, there can be no solution.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46321 Dec 30, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
HughBe--- Truly it was a SHOCK to learn that you are NOW into FISHES and its EATING. It certainly is a very positive move and I wish for you and family and of course, Frijoles, BMZ, Former and Culti et.al the very best for 2013.
Continue to EAT fish, Eric, I am proud of you.
And that is why one can't have an INTELLIGENT conversation with you. No wonder the Jamaicans are ranked 70th in IQ.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46322 Dec 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is why one can't have an INTELLIGENT conversation with you. No wonder the Jamaicans are ranked 70th in IQ.
I'm glad you liked it.

Have an enjoyable day.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46323 Dec 30, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleasant good morning to you Frijoles. In reading your post I gather that you are a FISH.
Have a pleasant day.
You give fish an unpleasant name.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46324 Dec 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely its not because of their decorum or sensitivity.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#46329 Dec 30, 2012
So, why is it so difficult to resolve this problem between palestinians and israelis? My guess is that they are governmental and political problems and not necessarily of the people. Am I wrong? What's the point of waring for so long with no gain? Not one of these sides has gained a thing. This sounds like a failure of politicians of israel and palestine. Educate me on what the fight is, because I get confused as to what these people are fighting over. Is it 2 extremist groups? Do all israelis hate all palestinians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Emperor OZero 1,141,254
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min KiMerde 51,234
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min wojar 180,588
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 49 min NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Need a business partner. 1 hr bulbul 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Always Smile 4,858
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 48,357
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says