Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46212 Dec 27, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Rasta Einstein.
ok, BB
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46213 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Please IDENTIFY the speaker in verse 2 of Zachariah 14.
Thanks.
PS-- what word would you use in place of the "I" in verse 2 and why?
Eric---I did.#46171
HughBe--- Really? Your post below does NOT identify the speaker. Put it this way your post which was addressed to Frijoles and which I did not read until now does not name the speaker.
What's the matter? Can't you read the passages for yourself? It's quite clear in the passages who is the speaker. Do you want for me to wipe your tush too?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46214 Dec 27, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn
BB, the fact is you are incapable of explaining the Tanach.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46215 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. I didn't realize the Lubavitchers called their on-line text by the same name as Stern printed version.
I told YOU my source so my guess is that you misunderstood my words.

But is it really a mistake?

It is easier to believe that the sun fell from the sky 7 hours ago than that you made such a MISTAKE.

Who are the Lubavitchers?

Why would they have Christians scriptures?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46216 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't you read the passages for yourself? It's quite clear in the passages who is the speaker. Do you want for me to wipe your tush too?
Eric--Do you want for me to wipe your tush too?

HughBe---It certainly would be the wisest thing that you would have done in a long time.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46217 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear Eric, let me REMIND YOU of something, it was YOU who gave me the link to the Chabad site and at that time you held it out to be the version or scripture of CHOICE.
Recall YOU were not very happy with the JPS.
Actually, I am not satisfied with any translation. That is why one needs to read the work in its original language to get the true meaning.

Ask the Muslims if this is not true about their Quran.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46218 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE IDENTIFY the speaker and PLEASE respond to "what word would you use in place of the "I" in verse 2 and why"

Explain the passages as requested.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46219 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I told YOU my source so my guess is that you misunderstood my words.
But is it really a mistake?
It is easier to believe that the sun fell from the sky 7 hours ago than that you made such a MISTAKE.
Listen Hugh, I said I made a mistake. What more do you want? At least I admit when I make a mistake.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46220 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am not satisfied with any translation. That is why one needs to read the work in its original language to get the true meaning.
Ask the Muslims if this is not true about their Quran.
Well why not produce a superior work to that of your rabbis?

Share your understanding of the role of translations generally and here I am speaking about the spoken and written words.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46221 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--Do you want for me to wipe your tush too?
HughBe---It certainly would be the wisest thing that you would have done in a long time.
I am not surprised that you since you are unable to read the passages, that you are also unable to perform simple tasks of hygiene.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46222 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised that you since you are unable to read the passages, that you are also unable to perform simple tasks of hygiene.
No son, a man of my standing can afford to have helpers for all things and since you have expressed an interest in cleaning that particular area I would give you the job because I like you as a person BUT not your dirty ways.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46223 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Hugh, I said I made a mistake. What more do you want? At least I admit when I make a mistake.
I will leave you alone as I did not find much balls to squeeze and so as soon as I started squeezing it was all over.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46224 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us forget the sideshow and FOCUS.

PLEASE respond to "what word would you use in place of the "I" in verse 2 and why"

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46225 Dec 27, 2012
I'll check back later
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46226 Dec 27, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. I didn't realize the Lubavitchers called their on-line text by the same name as Stern printed version.
yes, it appears its just a description, not a formal name.

Its not the same as the bible I posted.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46227 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why not produce a superior work to that of your rabbis?
Share your understanding of the role of translations generally and here I am speaking about the spoken and written words.
Traditional Jews read it in the Hebrew without the translations. But you already know this - we have told you this 1000 times.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46228 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont. They just call their transation the complete Jewish bible. Its not the same as officially titled version that my posting referred to.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#46229 Dec 27, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us forget the sideshow and FOCUS.
PLEASE respond to "what word would you use in place of the "I" in verse 2 and why"
"and" collected (v'asafti)

because, that is what it says.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#46231 Dec 27, 2012
Idgaf wrote:
01. Putting armed guards or arming the teachers will never happen in the USA. We are too scared of being sued for the guards or the teachers accidentally shooting a kid during a response to a situation like that of the recent shootings.

There are a few things we can do:

- outlaw all guns, in which case, only the criminals and the cops have guns, reference the mess in Mexico for results of such action

- armed guards at all schools. This will not happen because the plan is to cut school funding, not increase it. No money means no guards and there is the issue of lawsuits in case of an accident and liability on the part of the school system that authorized the guards.

- arm the teachers or some teachers. This will not happen for liability reasons, schools don't want to be sued and personal liability, the teachers would be stupid to accept this as they carry additional liability and open themselves up to lawsuits and potential criminal action.

- metal detectors at all school entrances. This will catch all metal items, but requires someone to man it, again money issues, will never happen.

- mass spectrometer for explosives detection, again money issues.

- NOTHING. The most likely outcome. This requires no expenditure of money. No additional effort and we continue as we are.

There is no pretty solution to this problem. The issue is that crazy people will get weapons regardless of the laws. It all comes back to personal responsibility.

I see in the article it turns out Israel was combating organized terrorism and not crazy loonies just shooting up the schools.

My personal thought is that armed guards would help resolve the problem as well as armed teachers, but you'd have to be able to waive all liabilities.

As a crazy shooter, you are less likely to go shoot up a place where you know others will shoot back. You will be looking for fish in a barrel, not to walk into the heina's den.

And btw, MUQ, you keep posting a bunch of crap that you didn't write and your style sucks. Show some intelligence and offer up some original thoughts. No one is going to be upset about original thoughts, it's all the BS that you copy and paste. Look, Beans posted a nice link and people read it.
Ans.

Thanks for listing all the “options”, none of them are practical because of “Money” issue.

So why do you not solve the money issue and consider protecting your children as “one of highest priority”?

Such incidents do not happen in our schools, what is the reason?

There is nothing wrong in posting something which others wrote if the intention is correct.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#46232 Dec 27, 2012
Frijoles wrote:

But we do follow Jesus.

We just don’t worship him, or consider him extraterrestrial. We follow Jesus because most of what he teaches was straight from the Jewish ethical teachings, now known as the Talmud.

If you actually understood what Savior was saying, neither the Jews NOR Savior has any interest in "ruling" over the world.

Why cant you understand that not everyone wants to be an imperialist?

For one thing, Israel never had random school violence. Secondly, gun ownership is actually MORE restrictive there than here in the US.

I wouldnt expect you to know that, as you are too lazy to read the article.

Ans.

1. If Jews had followed Jesus then that “scene at Sanhedrin” would not have taken place and not that 2000 years of hate and hatred between Jews and Christians.

Worship of Jesus started much later when Jews rejected him and Paul got Romans into his trap and follow his teachings. If majority of Jews had accepted Jesus, this situation would not have come.

2. Isreal is “much smaller” than most countries in the world, it is fighting a war of survival since its inception, so the people there are used to “another type” of violence.

You are right, I do not want to read the “propaganda items” that are major part of your media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Bluestater 1,236,515
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min Ratloder 70,045
@POTUS: Obama unveils new TWITTER account 1 hr Yes-I do 5
who's responsible?..........................i g... 2 hr 15 believe it 15 1
St Xavier Sex Scandal 2 hr Sandy 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 53,604
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr FastandFurious 189,897
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]