Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,159
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46082 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews use the "Chrsitian" scriptures too
yep all those Jews that worship your Jesus

both of them
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46083 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe --I find it curious that YOU, a member of Judaism, don't know that there are versions of your scriptures in ENGLISH. Would you like me to quote one for YOU?
So what is your point?
Frijoles---Something called the Old Testament.
The old testament is a redacted set of scriptures that Jewish people do not accept as their own,. They are regarded as Christian.

Since you appear to have an issue differentiating between the two religions, it is not suprising that you continue to blather about this.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46084 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---if you acted like YOUR Jesus did
HughBe--- MY Jesus?
Am I a Jew? NO.
Is Jesus a JEW? YES.
Do you claim to be a Jew? YES. So whose Jesus is He?
Is Jesus not your landsman? YES
Why is Jesus excluded from your use of US, WE, OUR?
What EVIL has Jesus the Jew done to You, rabbi?
I have no problem with the historical Jesus.

I do have a problem with your behavior. It is not very jesus like. Jesus, from what I have read, was not a hater.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46085 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought of Jesus of anything other than a Jew. A pretty darn good Jew in fact, and on paper, a mensch.
I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion. He is a garden variety hater, hiding under the veil of some type of agressive evangelical sect of Christianity. After probably 2 or more years here and other forums he has never even told us what his Christian sect is.
Frijoles---I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion

HughBe--- Not true dear and you know it. Your religion Judaism is a highly CORRUPTED religion and even you know it. It is a gross corruption of what was given to Moses.

You dear seek to depend it and not TRUTH. Recently you made one of your stupidest comment ever when you said that that the post-Moses Jews practiced an early form of Judaism. I took the opportunity to MOCK your CS by highlighting what you called Judaism i.e. children sacrifices and EVIL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46086 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yep all those Jews that worship your Jesus
both of them
Do you also have a problem with Jews who are into Eastern religions?

Do you have a problem with your rabbis who VIOLATE the commandments of God?

Do you have a problem with rabbis that teach the Jewish people that they ought to esteem the teachings of the rabbis over scriptures or the words of God?

Have your rabbis INSTRUCTED God?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46087 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The old testament is a redacted set of scriptures that Jewish people do not accept as their own,. They are regarded as Christian.
Since you appear to have an issue differentiating between the two religions, it is not suprising that you continue to blather about this.
1. Some Jewish people embrace the OT
2. Jews and ONLY Jews wrote the OT
3. Your scriptures have been CORRECTED.
4. My question remains which one is closer to the Dead Sea scrolls, the OT or your doctored Tanach.
5. Tell me about the changes in your Tanach where the word Jehovah was replaced by adown out of "respect"

6. What happened to the records of these changes?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46089 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a problem with your behavior. It is not very jesus like. Jesus, from what I have read, was not a hater.
Frijoles--I have no problem with the historical Jesus.

HughBe--- Surely you alone believe that. Jesus was a JEW and yet YOU consistently disown Him. Are YOU comparable to Jesus? NO>

Can any and ALL of your rabbis equate to Jesus? NO.

AGAIN

Frijoles---if you acted like YOUR Jesus did

HughBe--- MY Jesus?
Am I a Jew? NO.
Is Jesus a JEW? YES.
Do you claim to be a Jew? YES. So whose Jesus is He?
Is Jesus not your landsman? YES
Why is Jesus excluded from your use of US, WE, OUR?
What EVIL has Jesus the Jew done to You, rabbi?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46090 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
On this make-believe day of the birth of Jesus, the Christ, I shall not bruise any Judaite any more. Rest my Judaite friend have a safe holiday for tomorrow I shall surely bruise you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46091 Dec 25, 2012
Isaiah 53:8 "From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off(KILLED) from the land of the living; because of the transgression of MY/Isaiah people, a plague befell them"

Jesus was KILLED or cut off from the land of the living for the Jewish people. It surely was not Isaiah who was killed for them. Context and basic intelligence say this.
Voluntarist

United States

#46092 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the jewish religion accept men having sex with other men like yourself?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46093 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion
HughBe--- Not true dear and you know it. Your religion Judaism is a highly CORRUPTED religion and even you know it. It is a gross corruption of what was given to Moses.
You dear seek to depend it and not TRUTH. Recently you made one of your stupidest comment ever when you said that that the post-Moses Jews practiced an early form of Judaism. I took the opportunity to MOCK your CS by highlighting what you called Judaism i.e. children sacrifices and EVIL.
On one of the holiest days of your year, and this is how you choose to celebrate it?

Jesus would be proud of you.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46094 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
On this make-believe day of the birth of Jesus, the Christ, I shall not bruise any Judaite any more. Rest my Judaite friend have a safe holiday for tomorrow I shall surely bruise you.
Are you a make-believe Christian?

That would explain much, actually.

I am not on holiday. Its your holiday, not mine. Spend it in peace.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46095 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Isaiah 53:8 "From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off(KILLED) from the land of the living; because of the transgression of MY/Isaiah people, a plague befell them"
Jesus was KILLED or cut off from the land of the living for the Jewish people. It surely was not Isaiah who was killed for them. Context and basic intelligence say this.
Talking to yourself.

I approve.

Alot safer that way.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46096 Dec 25, 2012
National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre comes under fire after falsely claiming that Israel placed armed guards outside schools to battle school shootings

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-432...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46097 Dec 25, 2012
Every one likes fan mail and I got at least 4 on the eve of Christmas!!

They are from my friends, Frijoles. IDGAF, Voluntarist, and ROC…. And they all seem to "hurt" by my posts.

They all agree that my posts are of very low quality, have no content and are of no help to anyone.

My answer to my "well-wishers" is that I value their opinions, and am very thankful for their advice.

But every individual has his or her own style of working and should do what is best suited to one's style.

So I will not "complain" if my friends and well wishers, stop reading and commenting on my posts.

Let them leave me alone, I do not complain why no one answers my post.

So let it be a give and take. As it happens with every thing else in this world!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46098 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre comes under fire after falsely claiming that Israel placed armed guards outside schools to battle school shootings
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-432...
What is wrong in USA "learning" a few tricks from their own illegitimate child?

So many times fathers learn new things from their sons?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46099 Dec 25, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-16

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : SAFWAN BIN UMAYYA

A. Early History:

Safwan was also a staunch enemy of Islam and prophet, during the time when prophet stayed in Makkah and even after he migrated to Madina.

He was in almost all the battles (except the Battle of Badr) with Makkan army. He lost many of his close relatives in that Battle and that enflamed the fire of hatred which he had against Islam and prophet.

Infact there is a very interesting anecdote regarding him and new News Bearer of Battle of Badr. When Makkan army left for Badr, people at Makkah were very confident that they would return victorious and News of their victory will reach very soon them.

They were very anxious for the Good News and would wait in Kaaba so as to be the first to hear it. Safwan was sitting in the courtyard of Kaaba, when the News Bearer from Badr reached Makkah. He was wearing ragged clothes and had sands in his heirs and he was shouting “disaster, Disasters, every one from Makkah killed at Badr….total disaster”

Some one asked him about

- Abu Jahl….Dead he said,

- Utbah?…..Dead…

-.Shaibah?… Dead

- Ubai bin Khalaf?….. Dead

Safwan, thinking him to mad and out of his senses, asked him to ask about what happened to Safwan?

“Safwan” the News bearer said “He is sitting there in the courtyard, do you think I am mad”? Only then the realized the calamity that had struck them.

B. Safwan sends Assassin to kill Prophet:

It has been mentioned in the story of UMAIR Bin WAHAB that it was Safwan who sent him, to kill the prophet secretly.

The mission failed miserable and the Assassin himself was “slain” by the “sword of knowledge and mercy” of prophet and became Muslim, Safwan was very much disappointed.

But all the time Safwan stayed on his course to oppose Islam and Muslim by any means.

He was member of all war and economic councils held by Makkah people.

C. How was he “Slain”.

Safwan remained unbeliever even when Makkah was captured. When prophet granted general amnesty, he chose not to become Muslim.

Immediately after conquest of Makkah, prophet had to proceed to the Battle of Hunain, he was in need of some swords , tents and other items for the Muslim army. He asked Safwan to lean them to him. Sufwan asked “Will you take them by force if I refuse?

“No” prophet replied “It is loan which I am asking and I will return it after war” So Safwan gave these items and also decided to accept Islam.

After the victory of Hunain, prophet gave Safwan 100 or 200 Camels from the War booty…..this strengthened the faith of Safwan, because he realized that he was not dealing with a “trader or tyrant or any ordinary ruler” but with a prophet of God.

Afterwards he remained a good Muslim and used his energies in the cause of Islam.

Such was Safwan “killed” by the “Sword of Pardon and Generosity” of the prophet!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#46101 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought of Jesus of anything other than a Jew. A pretty darn good Jew in fact, and on paper, a mensch.
I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion. He is a garden variety hater, hiding under the veil of some type of agressive evangelical sect of Christianity. After probably 2 or more years here and other forums he has never even told us what his Christian sect is.
well, at least you acknowledge Jesus as a Jew, which is something of a perpetual "sticky wicket" for me over decades of conversation with everything from Atheists to militant stripes of all denominations in varying forms. And kudos for conceding he was a mensch, Jesus meant neither you nor anyone else on this earth any harm, He was not born to hurt you, He was born to elevate you to a higher status if you believed Him and were willing to do the hardest of things for humanity to do apparently... simply be human. I don't care very much for those ultra-aggressive "Evangelicals" who call themselves Christians, either, but operate outside of that designation in either word or deed. Unfortunately, there seems to be a multitude of them. I marvel at it as much as you do, probably. Where do they get these ideas? I liken it to a conversation I once had with a Professor I actually grew to respect once... I guess when you convince yourself that God is on your side, then whatever or whomever it is that you have decided is your ideological enemy is to be entirely disregarded as apostate. It doesn't matter if it is the Jews, the Muslims, the Christians, the Communists, the "incorrect" Jews, Christians, Muslims, or Communists, the Kurds, or anybody else. If God is on your side then God is on your side, so what is the difference how many children die during the fighting or how many infidels are sent to hell during whatever little "crusade" is conducted to get the point across? That little conversation I had at the time was over Prohibition in America and why it happened in the first place, not that it matters. The reasons for this or that are always the same, but, as an old person, I have come to believe that in all that I do I can always ask myself before I do it I can trust in the idea that, if it is a GOOD idea to do it in the first place, I can ask myself the question "is this an idea that Jesus would approve?" Even for something so complex as prohibition, that questioned worked... most of the majority Muslim states on the planet have very restrictive prohibition laws... have they worked? No. It cannot be done. Leave People Alone, as long as they are not harming you or anyone Else, I truly believe that this would have been Jesus' 12'th commandment, had He lived long enough to give it. People must walk in the light that they know, I truly believe He would have said, and it would have been good advice.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46103 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jews would have followed Jesus, they would have ruled over whole of Europe, Americas, Australia and New Zealand...
But they missed the bus for the umpteenth time.
Many Nations do the same mistake in their national lives.
There are some decisions which make tremendous effects in life of nations.
Rejecting Jesus was such a tragedy in the national life of Jews. This is what I can say as an "Unbiased" bystander!!
But we do follow Jesus.

We just dont worship him, or consider him extraterrestrial. We follow Jesus because most of what he teaches was straight from the Jewish ethical teachings, now known as the Talmud.

If you actually understood what Savior was saying, neither the Jews NOR Savior has any interest in "ruling" over the world.

Why cant you understand that not everyone wants to be an imperialist?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46104 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong in USA "learning" a few tricks from their own illegitimate child?
So many times fathers learn new things from their sons?
For one thing, Israel never had random school violence. Secondly, gun ownership is actually MORE restrictive there than here in the US.

I wouldnt expect you to know that, as you are too lazy to read the article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min fetch almighty 1,129,492
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Lawrence Wolf 50,788
Abby 10-30 23 min RACE 26
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,600
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min RACE 98,568
Amy 10-31 1 hr RACE 3
Abby 10-31 1 hr loose cannon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Learn to Read 179,685

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 9:05AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]