Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
41,581 - 41,600 of 68,834 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic has been acting strange for me as well. There is a video popup that it keeps trying to load and my browser is only half successful at preventing it.
Topix and the Advocate are by far the slowest running sites for me, too many add-ons.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you decided not to follow-on to your crazy theories. Much easier to post stories that others write. How many parts are there to the story and why not simply put the link and clog the forum a little less?
He will probably get around to it eventually. First he posts his religious spam, usually in quick succession on a few different forums. Then he answers his messages....
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but its quicker! time is money they say.
rabbee: wine is fine, but licker is quicker?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do as you wish. A sinless life is not possible and who would want to live it? Again, you assume that Jesus lived a sinless life based on a story that you read. Again, he was a simple prophet like many others. Was there a link between Jesus and God or the gods? Hard to prove.
You take a free gift if it comes, but if it doesn't come, you don't worry about it. In my mind, the worst thing you can do is to spend a lifetime trying to please something that you do not know and/or fully understand.
Live your life to the best of your ability. If the time comes for you to come before God and he asks you why you didn't do more for Him, maybe that's
not a place where you really wanted to be. Of course, if your time comes and they simply put you under the ground, it'll be good to know that you lived

your life for you and not for God or anyone else. It is your time, use it
wisely.
Is what you wrote , really what you get from what I wrote?

I do agree with you on one thing, that no one can live a sinless life.
you also said, who would want to?

If Jesus was a prophet ,then a prophet cannot lie.

Jesus lived a sinnless life.
As far as who would want to?

before I was born again" which Jesus said one Must be" I would have never wanted to.

when I reached a point, that I was sooo sick of the Din filled life , that I had made , The one true God showed up. He knew I was seriously looking for something,to help me. I also had just started thinking " what if?" " what if I am wrong" about there being a God?

I turned from my sin sick life, and put all of my faith and trust in Him.

as of now? me

I still sin,as do all, but in my heart of hearts I no longer want to sin at all.

as far as death. if I am wrong,and have spent all this time worshiping,praising,and telling others about a God that does not exsist, then who cares?

I will not know any better.

But what if you are wrong,and there is a God?

as far as bragging and being an example, that is all glory to God,for any good I do.

just from a logical stand point.
you have heard my story.
maybe the story of others.
people eho went from Believing in No God.
to believing in God, with lives being changed.

bible aside, do you truly think all those with a testamony are just lying?
although there will be some that do lie, and say a cow saved me, but I am talking about so many, yet so few who have had their lives forever changed by Jesus Christ.

what is my motive for even being on here?

an atheist friend of mine told me, that if he really thought that there was a god and he knew the way to heaven, that he would be trying to scream it to all anywhere he could.

I simply replied, that's all I'm trying to do.

take care and God bless
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
a. The way I interpreted history is as per what is written in your scripture. And the uncouth words which you wrote about our prophet is your subjective opinion and speaks about the filthy and dirty state of your mind (showing your "true" jewish mentality, should I say?)
b. Chosen people: What I wrote about Chosen people is also based on your scriptures. But you only have selective memory of your own scriptures. What else can I say?
a. you missed the point entirely

b. you ignored the point entirely

Lets move on - obviously I have reached your mental limits.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
After going thru your comments on my posts, let me say it is not Logic but "reverse logic".
You are just commenting for the sake of comments. You accuse me of having knowledge about our earth as if you have "Visited" every part of this Universe and writing from your "personal experiences".
The "best way" to discuss with some one in your state of mind is to say "peace" and stay away.
Its funny how you run away from criticism.

That doesnt work here.

His position was essentially agnostic. You cant make the claim that agnostics know it all. Thats not the basis of their claim.

Definition of AGNOSTIC
1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

b. Chosen people: What I wrote about Chosen people is also based on your scriptures. But you only have selective memory of your own scriptures. What else can I say?
I guess Wikipedia has a selective memory as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_a_chosen...

Crucial to the Jewish notion of chosenness is that it creates obligations exclusive to Jews, while non-Jews receive from God other covenants and other responsibilities. Generally, it does not entail exclusive rewards for Jews.

----------
The point is, MUQ is that is not YOU who gets to define and interpret the concepts that us Jews follow.

It is US - the Jews.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you run away from criticism.
That doesnt work here.
His position was essentially agnostic. You cant make the claim that agnostics know it all. Thats not the basis of their claim.
Definition of AGNOSTIC
1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
Beans,

Thanks for jumping in there. I have to say that I am disappointed in Muq's inability to defend his position of assumed logic.

Muq,

you proved nothing yet decided that you'd take the high road, but how can you? That's like going into a battle and taking off running. Live to fight another day, maybe. Is this what you've done? I think you are running away from others challenging your flawed views.

My point is not to say that your religious beliefs are wrong. Your logic is choppy at best, but that"s ok. You can learn. You cannot prove any of your claims one way or the other. I can challenge your claims and you are left unable to defend the challenge. Is there 1 God for all existence? Is there multiple gods? Is the universe what we know? Are there multiple universes and a multitude of dimensions? Do the Earthly laws apply across all existence? We simply don't know the answer to all of these questions. There is no logical or illogical way to prove the theories. Talk to me about the American Indians? How come Jesus didn't come to visit them? How come God didn't appear to them? The Buddhists? The Mayans? The Aztecs? The Hopi? The Hindus? Many, many groups simply did not see the messiah? Why? They were not worthy? He didn't have time? He forgot?

The bible is a tricky topic. It was put together from a lot of different books written at the time. Why were only those books chosen? Who chose them? What was the intent? Who changed them? For what reason? How does money come into play here and what was the role of the church?
Cesar Chavez Reagan

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Gtown71: Is what you wrote , really what you get from what I wrote?
Idgaf: I was making a point, hopefully you understood where I was going.
Gtown71: you also said, who would want to?
Idgaf: I still say who would want to.
Gtown71: If Jesus was a prophet ,then a prophet cannot lie.
Idgaf: I'm not so sure that you can prove this. It's hard to say that Jesis could not lie. Also, how do you know? What written proof do we have that Jesus lived? Bible? Nah, it's a story.
Gtown71: Jesus lived a sinnless life.
Idgaf: prove this. Others would argue otherwise.
Gtown71: As far as who would want to?
before I was born again" ...
Idgaf: what made you reach that point? What moving thing in your life pushed you over the edge? A life expereince. A divorce? A death? These are psychological events mostly.
Gtown71: I also had just started thinking " what if?" " what if I am wrong" about there be...
Idgaf: here's where you and I differ, I am not claiming that there is not a God. I am claiming that we do not know God and that we do not understand God. That being said, nothing you do in this life can prepare you for meeting your Maker. So, my point is not to waste precious time on something you surely do not understand.
Gtown71: as far as death. if I am wrong,a ....
Idgaf: true, but why waste all that time and energy, why not just live a good life and let the chips fall where they may?
Gtown71: I will not know any better.But what I.....
Idgaf: if you are wrong then you are wrong. If you are wrong and your God is a merciful, all knowing and all forgiving, you will be fine. If your God is vindictive, then you won't want to be there. No, I don't think people lie about being reborn. The thing is that you can be reborn for different reasons most having nothing to do with religion. People have a need for something bigger than they are. It's hard to accept that you are here without a purpose.
Gtown71: what is my motive for even being on he...
Idgaf: how did you, an athiest come onto another athiest? Is there just a world of athiests out there? I thin agnostic possibly. Not too many athiests, then again, I could be wrong.

Live the best life that you can and the rest will all fall in place on it's own. If by the time you die, you haven't done enough, it was simply not meant to be. I think you mean well. Is it possible that you've mistaken what your rebirth was and for what purpose?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Wikipedia has a selective memory as well
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_a_chosen...
Crucial to the Jewish notion of chosenness is that it creates obligations exclusive to Jews, while non-Jews receive from God other covenants and other responsibilities. Generally, it does not entail exclusive rewards for Jews.
----------
The point is, MUQ is that is not YOU who gets to define and interpret the concepts that us Jews follow.
It is US - the Jews.
rabbee: is most everyone, trying to prove their nothing here in TheStory of Creation? why are they all so jealous, of G-D'S show and tell, using the multitudes that left egypt? but if they would all like to, suffer as much. i am sure HaShem G-D, can arrange that. so they can be, like the jews* who did more running away and hiding from HaShem than anything else. when even TheHisSon adam, briefly had that same problem. in fact i think, this whole world has that, very same problem even to a greater extent.

oh! that makes a lot of sense, with G-D always offereing GanEden here in TheStory of Creation. and everyone runs away from, peace on earth an goodwill to all men from G-D.
IDGAF

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Something is goofy with this topix forum. Messing with the names and postings.
IDGAF

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: wine is fine, but licker is quicker?
I think it's "wine is fine but whisky's quicker ... Suicide is slow with liqour ...". Wise words from a nearly insane man.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

IDGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's "wine is fine but whisky's quicker ... Suicide is slow with liqour ...". Wise words from a nearly insane man.
rabbee: well their are some women, i have no desire to lick. nearly wise words, from a near pervert. but i think it is wine is fine, but liquor is quicker. and i just made, a pervertonym play on words. as some pervert needs to keep, you all safe from all the other perverts.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

IDGAF wrote:
Something is goofy with this topix forum. Messing with the names and postings.
You are not caesar chavez?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well though he could be, kind of mickey mouse with something goofey.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans,
Thanks for jumping in there. I have to say that I am disappointed in Muq's inability to defend his position of assumed logic.
I think you are but perhaps only the third person or so who has ever made that connection with my name. I give you an "A" for wordly education.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are but perhaps only the third person or so who has ever made that connection with my name. I give you an "A" for wordly education.
rabbee: as i say again frijoles, the musical fruit!
and so nice to know, that your not the only one full of beans.
leaving one to only assume, your a pinto, and not a white, red, green, butter, lima, re-fried, or black.
but how can a bean be a bean, but a pee is a relief?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Ever wonder what Jews do on Christmas?

&sn s=em
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Ever wonder what Jews do on Christmas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Wl98UNnQEfUXX&sns=em
rabbee: no! not really. since apparently, it has not helped them. be true to HaShem G-D, here in this story of creation again.
IDGAF

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that cat was a special man and I don't have that type of people influence. Good person who did good things for the agricultural workers in California.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE