Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,077)

Showing posts 41,521 - 41,540 of64,996
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you've got Huggy on the ropes pretty good. Look out for the Rope-a-Dope move.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope
Culti---Look out for the Rope-a-Dope move.

HughBe--- It is my understanding that you are the grand master of the move. That aside have a safe holiday when it comes.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We love kids.
Believe it or not, I'm a very popular uncle.
Just never got around to having kids - too busy going to school, changing careers etc.
Heading up to be with the in-laws in upstate NY. Tree, christmas cookies, the whole 9 yards. We go every Christmas for many years.
How about you? Do you have an xmas tree? Lights etc?
So, I take it that you typically do much EATING during the Christmas holidays. That sounds good to me.

Personally, I do not celebrate Christams. Why? It is not sound or TRUE doctrine. I don't buy gifts for people not even my four children. However, I do eat much food during the holidays because I attend family gatherings. I do so out of respect, love etc. Christmas means a lot to my mother and so I will visit her house and have a meal with her and then move on to a banquet at my in-laws. Yes it is that good to be called a banquet but it is really a family gathering.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What's my idol? or who?
Perhaps I'm being obtuse.
Yes you are being very obtuse. You know that HughBe is the answer.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A sick man (Huckabee) with a twisted agenda (to turn this country into a christian theocracy).
Cult---to turn this country into a christian theocracy

HughBe--- I'm offended by your very limited view of my aim. Hear me well, I would be very disappointed if I am able to turn ONLY the US or ONE country out of over 200 countries into a theocracy.

The aim is to turn the ENTIRE WORLD into that Jewish construct called Christianity.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A sick man (Huckabee) with a twisted agenda (to turn this country into a christian theocracy).
Sorry, I did not read the post that you responded to and so I thought that you were calling me, Huckabee.

Ignore my previous post.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I take it that you typically do much EATING during the Christmas holidays. That sounds good to me.
Personally, I do not celebrate Christams. Why? It is not sound or TRUE doctrine. I don't buy gifts for people not even my four children. However, I do eat much food during the holidays because I attend family gatherings. I do so out of respect, love etc. Christmas means a lot to my mother and so I will visit her house and have a meal with her and then move on to a banquet at my in-laws. Yes it is that good to be called a banquet but it is really a family gathering.
Food is definitely a big part of Thanksgiving and Christmas too in these parts.

We try not to overdue it however. Some Americans say "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" or something to that effect.

Now you've just made me feel more guilty than I do. I just let me mom know we wouldn't be stopping by this year and she wasn't too happy about it. We have a long visit with the in-laws.

HOw much time after eating at your mom's house do you get to recover your appetite before the feast at the inlaws?

Sounds good though.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are being very obtuse. You know that HughBe is the answer.
Will you stay shapely after all your holiday feasting?

If not, I may need to get a new idol.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think with the right qualifications and safety measures, it's worth considering. Those things would be key.
This guy in CT probably would have shot the cop on the way into the school as he was shooting through the glass.
He didn't stop shooting until he heard the cops coming into the school and he had enough rounds on him to kiil every kid and teacher in the school.
<quoted text>
Could happen. I might not recommend arming postal workers.:)
<quoted text>
Reminds me to plan a trip to Colorado or Washington state soon. Legal weed. It's been a while.
Ok, I knew pot was a bad example, so Meth. Lol
If meth is just banned, then all people will stop using meth.
Why should average people not be allowed to buy sudafedrine, just becouse some abuse it?
It is now a narcotic in ms
You must sign for it in TN

Banning guns will make anyone with a gun a criminal.

Like this evil coward, I'm pretty sure he would not have done what he did, if guns were banned. Lol

A friend told me tonight, that we should be allowed to have any guns that the government has.

I never thought about it, but he pointed out, that the reason we have the right to bear arms, was becouse if the government got out of hand, we could control them.

I to think teachers "with the proper training " should have guns.

They have had to adapt to other things over the years, just like spanish.

There is no easy answer, but taking guns or all ammo away from people, is not the answer.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I did not read the post that you responded to and so I thought that you were calling me, Huckabee.
Ignore my previous post.
So you don't really want to turn the entire world into a bunch of automatons?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- It is my understanding that you are the grand master of the move. That aside have a safe holiday when it comes.
Likewise, on both counts :-)
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What's my idol? or who?
Perhaps I'm being obtuse.
rabbee: well not sure which, other specific subtle beasts of the fields except for the one. but of course, that one has seduced the whole world unwittingly.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why not since they, all already are now.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who "repent just before their death" are a separate class.
No one knows when his or her death would come.
So let us talk about the people who are living their whole life, what view they have about God, Heaven and Hell....it is these people who make the world what it is.
Not those who are at the step of death.
We could discuss them separately.
I think you understand what I mean.
I do understand what you mean.

The world is a mess, that is not only biblical, but common sense.
some may say, that the main goal of a apple tree, is to produce apples, but is it?
Some say, that the main goal, of an apple tree, is to produce other apple trees.

There will never be peace on this earth, as we know it.

Yet a person can have peace while living on this earth.

I love the example of the thief on the cross, it shows the full Grace of God.

Christians argue over baptizms, and the theif on the cross.
some say he died under the law, and nor grace.

The problem with that, is he was not a very good guy, he was on the cross fot stealing, and even told the other thief, that they were getting what they deserved.

People before Jesus, was looking toward His comming, people today look back at His comming.

People of all works can be "good " and bad, but in Gods eyes our best day is filthy rags.
He accepts those who accept His Son.

Many try to make this world their home, but the more they get, the more they need.
They are left feeling empty.

I spent years trying to fill a void in me, that only Jesus Christ could fill.

Many try to fill that void, with drugs,booze, sex, and many try to fill it with religion.

The theif made it to heaven, smelling like the smoke of hell, with no rewards, but he's there. Praise the Lord!:)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-12

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : THUMAMA BIN ATHAL OF YAMAMA

Thumama was chief of his tribe living in Najd area of Arabia, his tribe’s main occupation was to rob Trade and other Caravans of any other tribe passing thru their area of influence.

They also attacked some Muslim consignment sent by prophet in that direction, so much so that prophet had to sent a small Muslim army to discipline them.

On hearing approach of Muslim army, most of his tribe members scattered into the desert, some how Thumama was unable to escape, he was captured and brought to Madina to await his judgment.

Prophet asked him to be tied on one of the pillars of his mosque. After each prayer, he would come to Thumama and ask what should be done to him.

“If you kill me, you will kill one who deserved the penalty” Thumama would say “And if you set me free, you will do good to some one who remembers, and if you ask for ransom, it will be paid”

Each time prophet would ask him, he would reply the same.

After third or fourth time, prophet ordered that Tumama be unbound and set free. This was done.

Thumama left the mosque, went some distance away, took bath and returned back to mosque, and approaching prophet, declared his faith and became Muslims!!

Such was the story of Thumama son of Uthal, who was “Slain by the Sword of Mercy and Compassion of the prophet”!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Food is definitely a big part of Thanksgiving and Christmas too in these parts.
We try not to overdue it however. Some Americans say "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" or something to that effect.
Now you've just made me feel more guilty than I do. I just let me mom know we wouldn't be stopping by this year and she wasn't too happy about it. We have a long visit with the in-laws.
HOw much time after eating at your mom's house do you get to recover your appetite before the feast at the inlaws?
Sounds good though.
Former--Food is definitely a big part of Thanksgiving and Christmas too in these parts.We try not to overdue it however.

HughBe--- Some will say that it is not possible to overEAT.

Former--Some Americans say "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" or something to that effect.

HughBe--- I believe that it should be momentS.

Former--Now you've just made me feel more guilty than I do.

HughBe--- So I did something good.

Former--I just let me mom know we wouldn't be stopping by this year and she wasn't too happy about it.

HughBe--- Show your respect, consideration and appreciation for YOUR mother while she is yet alive. Make her feel good and go spend an hour with her.

Former--We have a long visit with the in-laws.

HughBe--- spend an hour with YOUR mother.

Former---HOw much time after eating at your mom's house do you get to recover your appetite before the feast at the inlaws?
Sounds good though.

HughBe--- I will spend perhaps 2 hours with my mother and eating will definitely take place within the first hour. So there is at least 11/2 hours between first meal and time taken to reach in-laws. Now, the in-laws banquet typically last for 4 or more hours. So there is time for me to feast.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you stay shapely after all your holiday feasting?
If not, I may need to get a new idol.
HughBe---Yes you are being very obtuse. You know that HughBe is the answer.

Former---Will you stay shapely after all your holiday feasting?

HughBe--- I will remain, 36-26-36

Former--If not, I may need to get a new idol.

HughBe--- Be careful for I am a jealous idol.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I would NEVER want to do that. However, I would be happy if the whole world embraced Jesus, the Jew, the Messiah, the Creator or one of the TWO Jehovahs in the Tanach.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise, on both counts :-)

Culti--Likewise, on both counts :-)

HughBe--- You were misinformed on the first count.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Food is definitely a big part of Thanksgiving and Christmas too in these parts.We try not to overdue it however.
HughBe--- Some will say that it is not possible to overEAT.
Your god says otherwise:

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of objectionable vices (part of Christian ethics) that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and GLUTTONY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sin...
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Some Americans say "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" or something to that effect.
HughBe--- I believe that it should be momentS.
Do you read Cosmo?

Do you take quizses on how to please your man?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Now you've just made me feel more guilty than I do.
HughBe--- So I did something good.
Jews and Christians are big into quilt.

So you'd fit right into whatever you call yourself.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--I just let me mom know we wouldn't be stopping by this year and she wasn't too happy about it.
HughBe--- Show your respect, consideration and appreciation for YOUR mother while she is yet alive. Make her feel good and go spend an hour with her.
I may go back and see her right after New Years.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I will spend perhaps 2 hours with my mother and eating will definitely take place within the first hour. So there is at least 11/2 hours between first meal and time taken to reach in-laws. Now, the in-laws banquet typically last for 4 or more hours. So there is time for me to feast.
Sounds good.

Look at the list of 7 deadly sins above and tell me the others that you enjoy practicing, or not.

I have been guilty of all of them at one time or the other.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Yes you are being very obtuse. You know that HughBe is the answer.
Former---Will you stay shapely after all your holiday feasting?
HughBe--- I will remain, 36-26-36
Former--If not, I may need to get a new idol.
HughBe--- Be careful for I am a jealous idol.
Envy, another of the deadly sins. Continue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,521 - 41,540 of64,996
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TheIndependentMajority 1,033,782
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 10 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 18 min RACE 4
World War O 46 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance