Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72036 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45761 Dec 17, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Except my comments never killed anyone.
rabbee: only because they escaped, with only minor injuries and insults.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45766 Dec 17, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid of federal morons, I do nothing wrong.
If the Buck stops there then he is responsible for every last child killed by a drone.
Actually, he should be and I beleive he is.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45768 Dec 17, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: funny i don't remember calling myself either a christian or a jew or jesus, just over 2000 years ago. nor do i know, where anyone gets their idea, that i am a christian or muslem in this second coming of adam. when it is even a supprize to HaMosheeach who they both are here in TheStory of Creation again.
I dont think you are a Christian, and I dont think you are Jewish in the traidtional sense (ethnically I believe you have hinted you are), I think you are you and you have been quite forward about that as well.

Huggy is a different story. He is a Christian who professes Christian ideology but refuses to call himself one (most times), and has this weird preoccupation with defining the religion of other peoples according to his own personal set of rules.

Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45769 Dec 17, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, now you made me feel like a jerk.
@GTown - sorry for being so tough on you. Happy Holidays.
Lets quash this love fest once for all.

I wish everyone a chag sameach though.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

#45772 Dec 17, 2012
There is just a bunch of long winded pend-e-jadas on these posts. Dumb.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45773 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are not two Gods in this Universe, there is only one God, what is that you call my god and your god? Our God is One and the same.
What is your evidence?
former res

Broomall, PA

#45776 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, now you made me feel like a jerk.
@GTown - sorry for being so tough on you. Happy Holidays.
Sorry, didn't mean to.

I know what you mean about a cliche.

Same with many who have done time - they get out and meanwhile they've found god.

I'm sure he understands.
former res

Broomall, PA

#45777 Dec 18, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God for your brother!
I went from feeling like a cage lion to someone with peace and joy unspeakable (which I read about later in the bible):)
It is Very Hard, when you know the Truth about the most important matter in life, and not want others, those you love especialy to have what you have.
We sometimes try to force or push it on others, but I realize that's not the way.
What I can talk a man into, another man can talk him out of.
Merry Christmas to you and yours :)
Wow, this part esp sounds just like my brother:

"It is Very Hard, when you know the Truth about the most important matter in life, and not want others, those you love especialy to have what you have."

If by chance you are a beareded man who lives in a unabomber style house in northern Vermont, you might just be my long lost brother!

:)

(He's not really lost...and has a real house..)

But he really does say exactly what you wrote.

Peace to you.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45778 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. If Jews are God' "Chosen people" then why God did not help them for past 2000 years when they were being persecuted by "Christians"?
Are not "Christians" God chosen people?
So if One Set of Chosen people, persecute another set of Chosen people, it will be OK?
Thats not what "chosen" means to a Jewish person.

We are not "chosen" to succeed, we are "chosen" to be obligated to follow Gods commandments (mitzvot).

I very surpised that you made this error - I thought you knew something about Judaism and our scripture.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45779 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets quash this love fest once for all.
I wish everyone a chag sameach though.
Chag Sameach (KHAHG sah-MEHY-ahkh)
Hebrew. Literally, joyous festival. This is an appropriate greeting for just about any holiday, but it's especially appropriate for Sukkot, Shavu'ot and Pesach (Passover), which are technically the only festivals (the other holidays are holidays, not festivals).
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45780 Dec 18, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very interesting, men have within themselves to worship somthing.
Some woeship trees, cows etc...
Exactly!

And what I find especially interesting is why some people freely choose to follow a religion and set of practices rooted 7000 miles away, while simultaneously neglecting the OBVIOUS geo-social cues surrounding them.

Have you said Hello to or blessed the moon yet today?
Its right HERE!

Location hidden

#45781 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are not two Gods in this Universe, there is only one God, what is that you call my god and your god? Our God is One and the same.
Don't include me in your delusions.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45782 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence about One God or not being Two Gods?
"There are not two Gods in this Universe, there is only one God, what is that you call my god and your god? Our God is One and the same..."

Well you made both statements. Pick one, and if your evidence is deemed credible maybe we can than move onto the other.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45783 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this part esp sounds just like my brother:
"It is Very Hard, when you know the Truth about the most important matter in life, and not want others, those you love especialy to have what you have."
Peace through arrogance

As old as the history of the world, and the root of much conflict in its own.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45784 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrew. Literally, joyous festival. This is an appropriate greeting for just about any holiday, but it's especially appropriate for Sukkot, Shavu'ot and Pesach (Passover), which are technically the only festivals (the other holidays are holidays, not festivals).
Very true.

Hannukah is also a festival, but it is not biblical (its historical i.e. post-biblical)
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45785 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I made my peace with xmas a while back - to the degree I can. As it is celebrated here, its not really a religious or even a Christian holyday, and its roots are celestial/pagan (which to me is a plus).

However you will still not see me getting a tree. Or a "Hannuakh Bush". Nor do I really give out presents for hannukah.

Location hidden

#45786 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I made my peace with xmas a while back - to the degree I can. As it is celebrated here, its not really a religious or even a Christian holyday, and its roots are celestial/pagan (which to me is a plus).
However you will still not see me getting a tree. Or a "Hannuakh Bush". Nor do I really give out presents for hannukah.
Jon Stewart has been doing some pretty funny stuff lately, mainly in response to Fox's "War on Christmas".

Check this clip out. The really funny part starts around the 3:50 mark.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-decembe...
Gtown71

United States

#45788 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A recovering alcoholic/drug abuser who found Jesus. How original.
I just wanted to clarify, that although I enjoyed my beer, and did abuse it when I drink it, and enjoyed my pain pills, I was not a alcoholic.

As far as what you might consider.

I geuss from reading other things you wrote, you might be referring to guys who have a "jail house " conversion. Lol

I to seen this, although I was never arrested, I did do jail ministries for a while, and seen guys that "converted" to help them out.

People claim Jesus for many reasons, but many do so falsley.

Like the two theives on the cross next to Jesus?
One would have said anything, just to get down and continue his sin.
The other is a perfect example of a true conversion! He reaconized who He was as a sinner, then He recognized who Jesus was as a savior.

One died in his Sin, and went to Hell.
The other asked Jesus to remember him, when He come into His Kingdom.

Jesus told that one, that very day, that he would be with Him in paradise.

When the soldiers went out to break the legs of the condemed, they did break the legs of both theives, but when they got to Jesus, they broke nothing, becouse He was already dead.

The thief didn't get to go to church to be baptized or do any religious act at all.

He went to heaven, becouse he realized who he was, and who Jesus was.
people try to complicate this, and make it hard, when all the hard work was done by Jesus.
Merry Christmas
Gtown71

United States

#45789 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
And what I find especially interesting is why some people freely choose to follow a religion and set of practices rooted 7000 miles away, while simultaneously neglecting the OBVIOUS geo-social cues surrounding them.
Have you said Hello to or blessed the moon yet today?
Its right HERE!
I find the moon and sun very interesting.
when my heater goes out, it is becouse I ran out of gas.
Wood stoves must be filled.
The sun has been burning for almost 7000 years "millions or billions "if you believe evolution, which is more amazing. Lol

I worship the creator, not the creation.
Oh and merry christmas, not sure what you said about a samwich? Lol

I'm no where near chicago, but have been there before.:)
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45791 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon Stewart has been doing some pretty funny stuff lately, mainly in response to Fox's "War on Christmas".
Check this clip out. The really funny part starts around the 3:50 mark.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-decembe...
Watch out- its even eating other hollidays now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min The Donald_ 1,403,066
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,288
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min _Zoey_ 9,192
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,842
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,545
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 3 hr PocohontasBALiar 48
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 3 hr Agent Orange - Co... 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) Sat CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages