Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,062)

Showing posts 41,221 - 41,240 of68,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---You never gave us your definition of a Juadite.
HughBe--- Untrue I did many times. Judaites= members of Judaism
I also asked you to post a link to demonstrate the concept had validity from anyplace other than your head.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. My point is that a COVENANT was made with Israel or a people with an existing IDENTITY of Israelites. Is this true?
Don't feel that you can engage me on the matter of the covenants because you are NOT equipped to do so, not even your masters.
Which covenant? There were several.

Focus!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Change strategy it will not work
Frijoles---The Northern kingdom was practicing the type of Judaism that was common from that time. Judaism has never been static, it evolves with the times
HughBe--- They were in IDOLATRY. They REJECTED God and His words and that is why they went into captivity. So I will not contest that you are CORRECT about it being "Judaism" BUT it was NOT what God commanded.
Double penalty box for that

Give me a ring if you feel like not evangelicizing for a while.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Abraham an idea? Why do WE call the idea Abraham a PATRIARCH?
Every idiot knows that one man, Abraham, is NOT a people.
Israel is the father of the Israelites.
What is your private definition of Israelites?
rabbee: nah! Yesrael, is TheColloquialFather of All the Evareem. and Moshe is TheEvareem Progenitor of the multitude Ysraelees. with Moshe as TheSurrogate addopeted Father, of all the other nations representatives. so there goes, all the dna test for alleged as jews.

since being an alleged as a jew, is not dependant on race, or nationality. and is soley dependant, on TheG-D being worshiped. and is supposed reject, all other not here in TheTorah Happening g-d/s. even if they are obviosly not, doing a good job of that today.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are over thinking this.
If you dont feel Irish, and you are not aware* of your genetics, and you live here in the US - how COULD you be Irish?
*unawareness is key here
Fat, black, Chinese(arguably), female, male, short, fat are objectively discerned
Irish ethnicity is not. I have no idea what an Irish-American person looks like that is different from, let say, a Fin or a Pole.
Really?

I do. But then again I am one.

Look at the Kennedys and their big heads - Irish! Plus Ted was a drunk in his younger days.

There are markers, though as I said an inexact science.

The DNA test is not exact either - more so for for African, Indian and Jewish ancestry.

"European testing

Further information: Genetic history of Europe

For people with European maternal ancestry, mtDNA tests are offered to determine which of eight European maternal "clans" the direct-line maternal ancestor belonged to. This mtDNA haplotype test was popularized in the book The Seven Daughters of Eve.

SNP testing may enable mostly European individuals to determine to which Sub-European population they belong:
Northern European subgroup (NOR)- mostly Northern and Southwestern European
Southeastern European (Mediterranean) subgroup (MED)- mostly Southeastern Europeans (Greeks, Albanians or Turks)
Middle Eastern subgroup (MIDEAS)- mostly Middle Eastern
South Asian subgroup (SA)- mostly South Asian from the Indian sub-continent (i.e. Indian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. My point is that a COVENANT was made with Israel or a people with an existing IDENTITY of Israelites. Is this true?
Don't feel that you can engage me on the matter of the covenants because you are NOT equipped to do so, not even your masters.
rabbee: yes! and their would have been, a hell of a lot more of them than about 11million today. had they of continued to be true to HaShem G-D, here in TheStory of Physical Creation again. and would have diminished the chances, that the subtle beast of the fields, could of decieved the grandmother of this whole world again. or reduced the possiblity of her, tricking me again. without the effort of the whole world, giving their aid and comfort to the enemy of G-D.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please study what follows and be guided accordingly.
What's the opposite of "above me?"
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Tell me about the RELIGION that children who are/were born to secular Jews meaning atheists etc would leave.
Former--If you are not born into a religion and you do not adopt one, you have no religion to leave.
HughBe--- That is my point make the connection to your ethnoreligious BS about Jews and them LEAVING their religion.
Individuals Jews who have no relgion are only ethnic Jews, not religious Jews.

The Jewish people as whole are an ethnoreligious people.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--What RELIGION would your children who were born after you became an atheist LEAVE?
Former--None. They were born to sensible father, thank god!
HughBe--- sit and THINK and make the connections. Atheists Jews are no different than you. Note, for Christianity no one is BORN a Christian it is NOT a RACE of people UNLIKE Jews. Take my words as GOSPEL.
Atheist Jews are still ethno-Jews and I am still ethno-Irish.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and your masters GREATER than God?
What do you mean by "God"?

Evidence, please.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are over thinking this.
If you dont feel Irish, and you are not aware* of your genetics, and you live here in the US - how COULD you be Irish?
*unawareness is key here
Fat, black, Chinese(arguably), female, male, short, fat are objectively discerned
Irish ethnicity is not. I have no idea what an Irish-American person looks like that is different from, let say, a Fin or a Pole.
What about some Irish folks having a gene for alcoholism?

What if a child who had been dopped off at the town square later grew up to have semitic features and then went onto develop Tay Sachs disease?

I think one has his determining DNA regardless of whether he knows it or not.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

To Hughbe,

University of Iowa Will Now Ask Incoming Students If They Are Gay

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/12/...

Gay rights progress: Nothing in 2012, besides adorable cat videos, has helped restore my faith in humanity as the clear turning of the tide in favor of gay marriage. But the year is not over yet, and there's more joy to be had courtesy of this story about the University of Iowa including questions about sexual orientation on its forms for incoming students.

The move is in response to LGBT groups pointing out that asking the question can help the university know how many resources to allocate for queer students, which is a sensible, bureaucratic thing to do. But the move also signals a seismic shift in our culture: This is not a question that could have been asked of college students a few years ago.....
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What about some Irish folks having a gene for alcoholism?
What if a child who had been dopped off at the town square later grew up to have semitic features and then went onto develop Tay Sachs disease?
I think one has his determining DNA regardless of whether he knows it or not.
Of course I agree. But "ethnic" is self-concept label. To call yourself _______ you have to be aware of it.

Every American is descended from something. However that doesnt mean they are ethnically______. It means they are descended from ___.

"....The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical appearance, such as skin color, eye color, hair color, bone/jaw structure etc. Ethnicity, on the other hand, relates to cultural factors such as nationality, culture, ancestry, language and beliefs...." http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethnicity_vs...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Explain how all of that change the fact that a PHOBIA is an IRRATIONAL FEAR? Its application to homosexuality is like the acts of homosexuality a PERVERSION.
It's the definition of the word.

Accept it and move on.
HughBe wrote:
Former--As with the term "ethnoreligious."
HughBe--- why engage when you lack the skills-set? Your man Frijoles DEFINITION speaks of UNIFIED religious beliefs and I have demonstrated that Jews don't have a UNIFIED religious beliefs. For one many are SECULAR and have no religion for two others are going to Eastern religions etc. so how can IDIOTS like you and your boy persist with such garbage?
Birds of a feather.

Do you enjoy feathers? The light touch across your shininess?
HughBe wrote:
Former--Pedophiles are sexual deviants.
HughBe-- Why? becuse YOU say so? They have no CONTROL over who they are attracted to. It is truly abonormal and sick to play in faeces in peoples bottoms and homosexuals do that.
And the kelptomaniac has no control over stealing things. Doesn't make it ok.

What's the difference you say?

Is anybody getting hurt? Consenting adults and all that.

Children and donkeys are defenseless and haven't given their permission and are therefore being violated.

I can't believe you need this explained.

If I want to play in poo, that's perectly ok and who are you to say it's not normal?
HughBe wrote:
Former--I lost my virginity as a teenager.
HughBe--- What age?
Former--Why are you obsessed with the sex lives of others?
HughBe-- answer the question
Why?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Being gay is not simply a behavior.
HughBe-- Correct, it is a MENTAL health matter.
And expressing who they are no doubt keeps them mentally healthy (that, and staying away from haters like you!).

You truly sound love-starved.

I'm sorry for you.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
"their taxes" as if one mans portion could be measurable when so many others are sucking off the government.
Why do you pretend to think that I am a "homophobe"?
I actually had a queer Guy I hired as manager about 6 years ago, you would think a homophobe would be afraid if hiring one.
Why do you call them queers?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be foolish, you know the media gets government funds.
Fox and MSNBC are reading off the same playbook?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I agree. But "ethnic" is self-concept label. To call yourself _______ you have to be aware of it.
Every American is descended from something. However that doesnt mean they are ethnically______. It means they are descended from ___.
"....The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical appearance, such as skin color, eye color, hair color, bone/jaw structure etc. Ethnicity, on the other hand, relates to cultural factors such as nationality, culture, ancestry, language and beliefs...." http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethnicity_vs...
In fairness to me, I did change from saying "ethnic" to saying "genetic or biological."

I think it was 2 exchanges back where I corrected myself.

Nature vs nurture has long been an argument in many things: intelligence, even sexuality, personality etc.

So I think both are important.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness to me, I did change from saying "ethnic" to saying "genetic or biological."
I think it was 2 exchanges back where I corrected myself.
Nature vs nurture has long been an argument in many things: intelligence, even sexuality, personality etc.
So I think both are important.
lol I didnt realize we were now discussing nature vs nurture. No argument from me on that one. I was so focused on getting the ethnicity definition correct - because of that Jamaican guy.

In defense of civility (speaking of nature vs nurture)- I almost posted a link to an article I found that posed a constitutional defense to having sex with your donkey - an obvious matter of interest to our Jamaican friend - but I decided to keep the rhetoric on the higher level for now....
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And expressing who they are no doubt keeps them mentally healthy (that, and staying away from haters like you!).
You truly sound love-starved.
I'm sorry for you.
Truly, I'm not in the mood to continue to TEACH dim-wits so for now I shall pick what I respond to from you.

Now, my dear Mr.Former, I am HughBe and there is no POWER on earth that can make me say what I don't want to IF I am determied to say it. I seek no friendship from anyone, any country, any group including Christianity or the two RACIAL groups which I came from BIOLOGICALLY. I seek friendhip from God.

I say all of this to say, I do not hate HOMOSEXUALS as a group, I ceratinly hate their NASTY sexual practises. But truly, I hate none of them I don't even hate my in-laws.:D
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: it is a depraved, mental plague condition, resulting from the furthering corruption of this whole world against G-D. that you are all, responsible for. it is a warning flag, that you do not even want to associate with.
it is the revoulting and loathsome worship of haloosefer, even worse the abominable baby murder worship of baal hamolech. and the disgusting legalized humanitarianizem animalization of the worship of hasatan. they overlord the animal kingdom, and not over peoples. but if they can sucker you, into their animal kingdoms, then you are theirs to do with as they do not please G-D with.
rabbee: it is a depraved, mental plague condition, resulting from the furthering corruption of this whole world against G-D.

HughBe--- Correct, Rabbee.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I also asked you to post a link to demonstrate the concept had validity from anyplace other than your head.
Step 1, Frijoles---You never gave us your definition of a Juadite.

Step 2, HughBe--- Untrue I did many times. Judaites= members of Judaism

Step 3, Frijoles---I ALSO ASKED you to post a LINK to demonstrate the CONCEPT had VALIDITY from anyplace other than your head

Step 4, HughBe--- Really? I bet YOU that you cannot support your fabrication. That aside, hopefully you do realize that YOU are now acknowledging that you KNEW the CONCEPT but wanted to determine if it was valid and this conflicts with step 1. I am confident that I have declared that I coined the word independently of others.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Step 1, Frijoles---You never gave us your definition of a Juadite.
Step 2, HughBe--- Untrue I did many times. Judaites= members of Judaism
Step 3, Frijoles---I ALSO ASKED you to post a LINK to demonstrate the CONCEPT had VALIDITY from anyplace other than your head
Step 4, HughBe--- Really? I bet YOU that you cannot support your fabrication. That aside, hopefully you do realize that YOU are now acknowledging that you KNEW the CONCEPT but wanted to determine if it was valid and this conflicts with step 1. I am confident that I have declared that I coined the word independently of others.
Stop blowing gas and scroll back. Originially I asked you to post evidence the concept had validity.

It is hard talking to someone who makes up concepts on the run.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,221 - 41,240 of68,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min danetoo 67,858
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 455
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••