Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
41,181 - 41,200 of 68,911 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your OPINION regarding biblical interpretation
I will take it into consideration, with the same careful and thoughtful consideration I give to other evangelical Christians who try to spin the scripture to support their mission.
Dont quit your day job
Once again, read with care. The material is going over your head you material.

Define Israelites?

HughBe---What it means is that their Jewish IDENTITY is not a function of RELIGION be it Judaism or otherwise. Their IDENTITY had to do with SEED or BIOLOGY or DNA. Get it ?
Here is more help for you and your rabbis. "And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land" Genesis 12:7.
Note no JUDAISM is involved
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Their religion is Judaism.
HughBe--- Really? What RELIGION did the TEN tribes perpetually observe? Was it your CORRUPTED Judaism? NO. Read below.
Once again---
Frijoles--Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group - see above
HughBe--- In the given context, explain ethno-religious.
I am waiting for you to explain ethno-religious in the context that many Jews are NOT religious period and also in the context that you and your rabbis persist with BLATANT LIES.
The 10 Northern tribes of Israel did NOT observe JUDAISM. An understanding of these things say that yOU are a LIAR and of course your rabbis.
Plus God called them Israel and Jews e.g. Jeremiah 44. Do you want me to refresh your memory? I taught YOU this truth already but here goes.
Jeremiah 44:1 "The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the JEWS which dwell in the land of Egypt"
HughBe---Do you see the word JEWS?
Verse 15-16 "Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto OTHER gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,
16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, WE will NOT hearken unto thee."
HughBe---Indeed classic Judaism being displayed i.e. the REJECTION of God and His TRUTH. Now the incense goes to the rabbis.
That aside what religion were these JEWS observing, young Frijie?
Thank you for supporting my previous point that your final motive is to push your version of Replacement Theology

Sorry, not buying it.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Jews had a Jewish IDENTITY before they got "Judaism". They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.
Frijoles--- Actually that is untrue
1. You have yet to specify WHICH covenant you meant
HughBe--- look here rabbinic moron my statement is true. I'm using Jew as it is currently used for the 12 tribes. Israel would be technically correct.
The FACT is God made a COVENANT with a people called Israel/JEWS. They were not NAMED at the time of making the covenant.They already had the name and the IDENTITY being descendants of Israel hence ISRAELITES. Get it moron?
Finally, rabbinic moron, it matters not which covenant what is important is that God made a covenant with Israel. Don't your masters teach you these basic things?
Actually it does matter.

Which covenant? There were several.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

No need to add invective. relax, take an enema.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, read with care. The material is going over your head you material.
Define Israelites?
HughBe---What it means is that their Jewish IDENTITY is not a function of RELIGION be it Judaism or otherwise. Their IDENTITY had to do with SEED or BIOLOGY or DNA. Get it ?
Here is more help for you and your rabbis. "And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land" Genesis 12:7.
Note no JUDAISM is involved
Nor was there a people yet. Just an idea. A conception.

I already stated this.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Hughbe

are you capable of posting without calling anybody names?

This isnt Sunday School kindergarden.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not born into a religion and you do not adopt one, you have no religion to leave.
<quoted text>
None. They were born to sensible father, thank god!
<quoted text>
I don't know offhand.
Frijoles would know this much better than me.
<quoted text>
I speak facts, reason and logic.
You speak fairy tales.
And you admit to being mentally childlike.
Please study what follows and be guided accordingly.

HughBe--- Tell me about the RELIGION that children who are/were born to secular Jews meaning atheists etc would leave.

Former--If you are not born into a religion and you do not adopt one, you have no religion to leave.

HughBe--- That is my point make the connection to your ethnoreligious BS about Jews and them LEAVING their religion.

HughBe--What RELIGION would your children who were born after you became an atheist LEAVE?

Former--None. They were born to sensible father, thank god!

HughBe--- sit and THINK and make the connections. Atheists Jews are no different than you. Note, for Christianity no one is BORN a Christian it is NOT a RACE of people UNLIKE Jews. Take my words as GOSPEL.

HughBe---What RELIGION did the 10 Northern Tribes of Israel have?

Former--I don't know offhand.

HughBe--- It is reflected in the nonsense that you speak on the matter. Take it from me it was NOT Judaism. God called them Jews. Are you and your masters GREATER than God?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe--- Do women attach the word PHOBIA to themselves because someone disagrees with a particular behaviour? NO.
Everything for your fellows are PHOBIC when there is no fear much more an IRRATIONAL one.

Former--"Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).....

HughBe--- Explain how all of that change the fact that a PHOBIA is an IRRATIONAL FEAR? Its application to homosexuality is like the acts of homosexuality a PERVERSION.

Former--As with the term "ethnoreligious."

HughBe--- why engage when you lack the skills-set? Your man Frijoles DEFINITION speaks of UNIFIED religious beliefs and I have demonstrated that Jews don't have a UNIFIED religious beliefs. For one many are SECULAR and have no religion for two others are going to Eastern religions etc. so how can IDIOTS like you and your boy persist with such garbage?

Former--Counseling for what?

HughBe-- Their problems.

Former--How about counseling for having blue eyes or being left-handed?

HughBe--- "It makes about as much sense."

Former--Pedophiles are sexual deviants.

HughBe-- Why? becuse YOU say so? They have no CONTROL over who they are attracted to. It is truly abonormal and sick to play in faeces in peoples bottoms and homosexuals do that.

Former--I lost my virginity as a teenager.

HughBe--- What age?

Former--Why are you obsessed with the sex lives of others?

HughBe-- answer the question

Former--There is evidence of an earth, a sky, oceans, trees etc. But no evidence of how or why it all got here.

HughBe--- They made themselves. You know that such a view is consistent with your own experience and common sense.

Former--I didn't say they made themselves.

Why do you put words in my mouth?

HughBe--- I shall not be putting anything else but that is not what I did. Read with care.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is yet another area where you would benefit from some education.
Being gay is not simply a behavior.
It is who and what these folks are.
I'm guessing on occasion your loins have lusted and ached for you to mount a female.
This urge is part of what defines you as a human being. Much like the areas of our tongues that help us to enjoy sweet or salty foods.
Sit down and have a chat with a guy person. It won't "rub off" on you - I promise.
They will tell you:
It's NOT just what we do - it's WHO we are.
Former--Being gay is not simply a behavior.

HughBe-- Correct, it is a MENTAL health matter.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---What RELIGION did the 10 Northern Tribes of Israel have?
Former--I don't know offhand.
HughBe--- It is reflected in the nonsense that you speak on the matter. Take it from me it was NOT Judaism. God called them Jews. Are you and your masters GREATER than God?
I was being so amused by FR routing of your illogic that I wasnt going to intercede, but perhaps nows the time....

The Northern kingdom was practicing the type of Judaism that was common from that time. Judaism has never been static, it evolves with the times (We are not Christian literalists)

Getting hung up on the name (i.e. Northern Kingdom vs Judah)as "proof" for the nonexistence of the term "Judaism" is a red herring. Because there is no Hebrew word called "Judaism" in the first place. It is an English term. In Hebrew there isnt even a word for religion. The closest term we have is "the law".

The notion that you can seperate "Religion" out as a separate category from the culture (which I acknowledge we Jews do now in common conversation) is foreign to the Hebraic way of thinking. It probably came later from the Greeks who pioneered the notion of Philosophy.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I already knew that, and you are a perfect example.
Your words tell me that you are a Juadite. No Muslim or Christian or Hindu would LIE so easily and in that way.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
alraedy adressed that
Please - provide us new material. We are dying here.
It is not fair to put hell on JACKASS back. Carry what you have first and then you shall be give new and more things to carry in that little head of yours.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/word/archive.ht...
01-16-07 / Religion (&#1488;&#1512;&#1 495; orahh, Strong's #734): One word that is probably most assiciated with the Bible is religion. In reality there is no Biblical Hebrew word for religion and you will never find the word religion in any translation of the Hebrew Bible (Tenach/Old Testament). To the Ancient Hebrews, their religion was their lifestyle and covered all aspects of life from worship to using the latrine (see Deuteronomy 23:13,14). The Hebrew word orahh can mean a path used by travelers as well as the path of life, a lifestyle.

http://www.balashon.com/2006/03/dat.html
The word dat -&#1491;&#1514; appears approximately 20 times in Megilat Esther. The meaning in the megila is "law" or "custom". Over time the word was adopted into Hebrew as "religion", as discussed here. In modern Hebrew we have dati as religious, and the Ashkenazic pronunciation gives us dosim, which has a derogatory tone in secular Israeli culture.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for supporting my previous point that your final motive is to push your version of Replacement Theology
Sorry, not buying it.
YOOU and your overlords have REPLACED God's words with man-made nonsense. All I am doing is pointing to what is in the scriptures and I SHALL continue to do so.

YOOOU and your masters want to replace the Jewish people who do not want to be enslaved by them.

Now read slooooly once more. Ask for help in understanding my words.

HughBe--- Really? What RELIGION did the TEN tribes perpetually observe? Was it your CORRUPTED Judaism? NO.

Once again---

I am waiting for you to explain ethno-religious in the context that many Jews are NOT religious period and also in the context that you and your rabbis persist with BLATANT LIES.

The 10 Northern tribes of Israel did NOT observe JUDAISM. An understanding of these things say that yOU are a LIAR and of course your rabbis.

Plus God called them Israel and Jews e.g. Jeremiah 44. Do you want me to refresh your memory? I taught YOU this truth already but here goes.

Jeremiah 44:1 "The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the JEWS which dwell in the land of Egypt"

Verse 15-16 "Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto OTHER gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,
16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, WE will NOT hearken unto thee."

HughBe---Indeed classic Judaism being displayed i.e. the REJECTION of God and His TRUTH. Now the incense goes to the rabbis.

ANSWER THIS---- what religion were these JEWS observing in the passage, young Frijie?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not fair to put hell on JACKASS back. Carry what you have first and then you shall be give new and more things to carry in that little head of yours.
not very helpful
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words tell me that you are a Juadite. No Muslim or Christian or Hindu would LIE so easily and in that way.
You never gave us your definition of a Juadite.

Since that word is not found anywhere, except apparently for your own private vocabulary, we must rely on your good graces to tell us what you mean.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOOU and your overlords have REPLACED God's words with man-made nonsense. All I am doing is pointing to what is in the scriptures and I SHALL continue to do so.
YOOOU and your masters want to replace the Jewish people who do not want to be enslaved by them.
Now read slooooly once more. Ask for help in understanding my words.
HughBe--- Really? What RELIGION did the TEN tribes perpetually observe? Was it your CORRUPTED Judaism? NO.
Once again---
ANSWER THIS---- what religion were these JEWS observing in the passage, young Frijie?
already addressed multiple times

please move on
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does matter.
Which covenant? There were several.
Frijoles--Actually it does matter.
Which covenant? There were several

HughBe--- are YOU a TOTAL fool? The issue is not which covenant the issue is that GOD made a covenant with Israel.

HughBe---Jews had a Jewish IDENTITY before they got "Judaism". They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.

Frijoles--- Actually that is untrue
1. You have yet to specify WHICH covenant you meant
HughBe--- look here rabbinic moron my statement is true. I'm using Jew as it is currently used for the 12 tribes. Israel would be technically correct.

The FACT is God made a COVENANT with a people called Israel/JEWS. They were not NAMED at the time of making the covenant.They already had the name and the IDENTITY being descendants of Israel hence ISRAELITES. Get it moron?

Finally, rabbinic moron, it matters not which covenant what is important is that God made a covenant with Israel. Don't your masters teach you these basic things
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

in particular see 45467 and 45470
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor was there a people yet. Just an idea. A conception.
I already stated this.
Was Abraham an idea? Why do WE call the idea Abraham a PATRIARCH?

Every idiot knows that one man, Abraham, is NOT a people.

Israel is the father of the Israelites.

What is your private definition of Israelites?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,098,937
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min David Morrison 97,888
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min truth-facts 46,256
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min Jonah1 49,368
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 177,242
Amy 8-27 1 hr Stina2 12
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,332
Amy 8-26 1 hr Stina2 26

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search