Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,125
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45391 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in that above verbiage contradicts the definition I posted
As of your comment about unified - I am not aware of any other religion except Judaism that Jews practice. Maybe you have another religion in mind?
Frijoles, the Jew, said-- I am not aware of any OTHER religion except Judaism that Jews practice.

HughBe--Let me teach him about Jews and American Jews in particular. The Jews in my quote are called American a term that is not applicable to Frijoles plus they live in the coutry of his birth and where he lives YET he does NOT know of ANY other religions of Jews.

This is what I speak of, DECEPTION and LIES of his religion Judaism.

The quote says that JEWS are flocking EASTERN religions? YES. Read the quote below. They are JEWS and they do NOT practice JUDAISM instead they practice Eastern RELIGIONS.

Quote is taken from My Jewish Learning.

"In the last several decades, countless Westerners have turned to Eastern religions for inspiration and spirituality. JEWS have been no different. Many American JEWS flocked to Eastern religions as part of the hippy counter-culture of the 1960s and 1970s, and today, India and Thailand are havens for Israelis seeking to explore other cultures and religions"
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45392 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
What RELIGION did these JEWS practice? Is it Judaism? NO.
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Issue...
BTW, not that I ever expect you to grassp subtlety, especially since you apparently are incapable of grasping even the fundamentals, but the term often used for those type of JEWS is BuJew or Buju or Jubu or Jewbu .

Note the "Jew" part of the term

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Buddhist
Jewish Buddhist

A Jewish Buddhist (also Jewbu or Jubu or Buju) is a person with a Jewish background who practices forms of Buddhist meditation and spirituality. The term Jubu was first brought into wide circulation with the publication of The Jew in the Lotus (1994) by Rodger Kamenetz.
In some cases, the term can refer to individuals who practice both traditions; in other cases, "Jewish" IS NO MORE THAN AN ETHNIC DESIGNATION where the person's main religious practice is Buddhism.
In yet other cases, a Jubu is simply a Jew with an interest in Buddhism. A large demographic of Jewish Buddhists, constituting its majority, still maintain religious practices and beliefs in Judaism coupled with Buddhist practices and perhaps beliefs.

(emphasis added by me)

see also

http://didjewknow.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-was-...
BuJew - There are more Jewish Buddhist in the West than any other Religion

Bujew
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

----------
Dont waste your time sparring with me on this subject - I have 20 years of personal experience on this subject as well
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45393 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles, the Jew, said-- I am not aware of any OTHER religion except Judaism that Jews practice.
HughBe--Let me teach him about Jews and American Jews in particular. The Jews in my quote are called American a term that is not applicable to Frijoles plus they live in the coutry of his birth and where he lives YET he does NOT know of ANY other religions of Jews.
The quote says that JEWS are flocking EASTERN religions? YES. Read the quote below. They are JEWS and they do NOT practice JUDAISM instead they practice Eastern RELIGIONS.
"In the last several decades, countless Westerners have turned to Eastern religions for inspiration and spirituality. JEWS have been no different. Many American JEWS flocked to Eastern religions as part of the hippy counter-culture of the 1960s and 1970s, and today, India and Thailand are havens for Israelis seeking to explore other cultures and religions"
just addressed that

the short of it, as long as someone calls them "Jews" there is some ethnicity involved. Or you (or them) wouldnt call them "Jews" in the first place.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45394 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
CONGRATULATIONS!
You have just DISCOVERED Jews who are ethnic Jews.
(now of course you could of saved lots of time had you read FR or my posts...)
Post 45284 Frijoles-- "Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group "

Frijoles--Now, "Jews who are ethnic Jews"

HughBe--- The Jews in question HAVE religion it is just NOT Judaism. Get it?

Study it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45395 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, posting the same post twice or even three times does not suddenly make the post all of the sudden relevant.
I shall not bother reposting my responses
Once more--what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45396 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, FR and I have explained this - we have posted links - we have explained this- we have posted links - we have provided examples - we have posted links that have provided examples - we have reexplained this
I think we (or I at least) are done
If you cant admit to grasping the concept, that is your PERSONAL issue. The rest of the world apparently has no problem with the concept.
Your BS has been exposed.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45397 Dec 13, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_g...

Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity neither exclusively by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation,

but often through a combination of

a long shared history;
a cultural tradition of its own;
either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors;
a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group;
a common literature peculiar to the group;
a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups;
being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community.

-----
that pretty much sums it up
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45398 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 45284 Frijoles-- "Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group "
Frijoles--Now, "Jews who are ethnic Jews"
HughBe--- The Jews in question HAVE religion it is just NOT Judaism. Get it?
Study it.
Thats not the question we are discussing. The question IS what makes these people Jewish?

Answer: Posted in above post

Even A Bhuddist Jew is a Jew IF they still retain some of those traits from the list - ethnicity being the most difficult to loose of course (Cant change who your parents are)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45399 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, not that I ever expect you to grassp subtlety, especially since you apparently are incapable of grasping even the fundamentals, but the term often used for those type of JEWS is BuJew or Buju or Jubu or Jewbu .
Note the "Jew" part of the term
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Buddhist
Jewish Buddhist
A Jewish Buddhist (also Jewbu or Jubu or Buju) is a person with a Jewish background who practices forms of Buddhist meditation and spirituality. The term Jubu was first brought into wide circulation with the publication of The Jew in the Lotus (1994) by Rodger Kamenetz.
In some cases, the term can refer to individuals who practice both traditions; in other cases, "Jewish" IS NO MORE THAN AN ETHNIC DESIGNATION where the person's main religious practice is Buddhism.
In yet other cases, a Jubu is simply a Jew with an interest in Buddhism. A large demographic of Jewish Buddhists, constituting its majority, still maintain religious practices and beliefs in Judaism coupled with Buddhist practices and perhaps beliefs.
(emphasis added by me)
see also
http://didjewknow.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-was-...
BuJew - There are more Jewish Buddhist in the West than any other Religion
Bujew
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
----------
Dont waste your time sparring with me on this subject - I have 20 years of personal experience on this subject as well
Yet yesterday or very recently YOU said "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. "

Why the LIE? Why the deception? YOU knew very well that you were LYING.

In essence your OTHER lie that Jews are an ethnoreligious group is the construct of Satan.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45400 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more--what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things
I think the more valid construct in this case is what is intelligence?

Does posting the same irrelevant post make someone MORE intelligent or LESS intelligent?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45401 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your BS has been exposed.
exposed by who?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45402 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E thnoreligious_group
Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity neither exclusively by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation,
but often through a combination of
a long shared history;
a cultural tradition of its own;
either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors;
a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group;
a common literature peculiar to the group;
a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups;
being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community.
-----
that pretty much sums it up
Instead of posting things that you don't understand spend your time studying my posts. Start with the one below.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45403 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet yesterday or very recently YOU said "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. "
In essence your OTHER lie that Jews are an ethnoreligious group is the construct of Satan.
Why the invective?

What does Satan have to do with it? We are trying to be logical here.

As far as the "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. " obviously sarcasm is not one of your strongest pursuits. If you recollect, you have stated often that there is such thing as "Christian Jews". That was in response to that.

It is nearly impossible,(in fact it IS impossible) to discuss subtlety with you. If it wasnt, perhaps we could go into a deeper discussion on how a Jewish Bhuddist (or Hindu or etc etc...)is usually really more Jewish in religion than Bhuddist, but frankly, considering what I have to work with (YOU!) that would be a waste of time.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45404 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i have addressed that already. These are ethnic Jews who (see above) arguably can often still retain many aspects of their jewish religion even When they practice eastern religion, or maybe not if they never had the fundamentals of the Jewish religion in the first place.

Hence the TERM JUBU
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45405 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not the question we are discussing. The question IS what makes these people Jewish?
Answer: Posted in above post
Even A Bhuddist Jew is a Jew IF they still retain some of those traits from the list - ethnicity being the most difficult to loose of course (Cant change who your parents are)
Frijoles---Thats not the question we are discussing. The question IS what makes these people Jewish?

HughBe--- YOU are confused, my son. YOU said "Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group " and that is a QUOTE. Now explain your words.

My point is that they are NOT and that Jews had a Jewish IDENTITY before they Got "Judaism". They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.

History is on my side while stupidity is on your side and of course self-deception.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45406 Dec 13, 2012
Frankly the only chance you have on this subject - would be to revert back to your make believe personal vocab (judaites, overlord, etc).

At least in that case SOMEONE will agree with you.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45408 Dec 13, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Thats not the question we are discussing. The question IS what makes these people Jewish?
HughBe--- YOU are confused, my son. YOU said "Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group " and that is a QUOTE. Now explain your words.
My point is that they are NOT and that Jews had a Jewish IDENTITY before they Got "Judaism". They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.
History is on my side while stupidity is on your side and of course self-deception.
They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.

How does that CONFLICT with anything that was posted on the definition?
Common history, ancestry, language, book, religion, land, etc etc
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45409 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the invective?
As far as the "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. " obviously sarcasm is not one of your strongest pursuits. If you recollect, you have stated often that there is such thing as "Christian Jews". That was in response to that.
It is nearly impossible,(in fact it IS impossible) to discuss subtlety with you. If it wasnt, perhaps we could go into a deeper discussion on how a Jewish Bhuddist (or Hindu or etc etc...)is usually really more Jewish in religion than Bhuddist, but frankly, considering what I have to work with (YOU!) that would be a waste of time.
1.LIES are from Satan.

2.Yet yesterday or very recently YOU said "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. "

3. Deception is of Satan, recall Adam and Eve? You are deceiving your own self. I shall repeat my posts from here on. You shall not drag me off from my focus.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45410 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the invective?
Frijoles---obviously sarcasm

HughBe---Self-deceiving fool there is no sarcasm in your words below. Read the context again. I tell you this only your rabbis would agree with your words about sarcasm. Why? birds of a feather F together.

Frijoles---I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept. What you are getting it is really a degree of ethnicity.
I have to admit rarely do I encounter someone so dense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group
An ethnic group is a group of people whose members are identified through a common trait. This can, but does not have to, include an idea of common heritage, a common culture, a shared language or dialect.[1] The group's ethos or ideology may also stress common ancestry and religion, as opposed to an ethnic minority group which refers to race.[2][3][4][5] The process that results in the emergence of an ethnicity is called ethnogenesis. Some ethnic groups are marked by little more than a common name.

Frijoles--Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group - see above

HughBe--- In the given context, explain ethno-religious.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45411 Dec 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a Jewish IDENTITY when God made a covenant with them.
How does that CONFLICT with anything that was posted on the definition?
Common history, ancestry, language, book, religion, land, etc etc
Let me explain it to you but first let me thank you for learning something that is TRUE.

What it means is that their Jewish IDENTITY is not a function of RELIGION be it Judaism or otherwise. Their IDENTITY had to do with SEED or BIOLOGY or DNA. Get it ?

Here is more help for you and your rabbis. "And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land" Genesis 12:7.

Note no JUDAISM is involved. His name was still Abram. Do you really understand the points?

Study it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Psychic Medium and Spiritualist view of... 7 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,154,388
Amy 12-22 43 min RACE 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min mdbuilder 49,242
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Guru 181,888
Amar kashe kisu meya ase.jara enjoy kore.Bt ama... 1 hr Oni 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,855
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?