Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
40,661 - 40,680 of 68,453 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is a Christian?
And you give me sht about American?

You are truely a "Coward for Christ"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read the article, and find the answer yourself. Dont be lazy - I know its tempting.
Are you really telling me that as an American YOU are unable to tell someone about the country of your birth?

Why do you not know about US/Americans?

Why don't you know what it is to be an American?

Surely you must have been badly treated there and perhaps an attempt was made to LYNCH you in America.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
An ethnic group is a group of people whose members are identified through a common trait. This can, but does not have to, include an idea of common heritage, a common culture, a shared language or dialect.[1] The group's ethos or ideology may also stress common ancestry and religion, as opposed to an ethnic minority group which refers to race.[2][3][4][5] The process that results in the emergence of an ethnicity is called ethnogenesis. Some ethnic groups are marked by little more than a common name.
----------
An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group)
is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background. Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity neither exclusively by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both[citation needed](a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).[citation needed]
Examples of ethnic groups defined by ancestral religions are the Jews, the Druze of the Levant, the Copts of Egypt, the Yazidi of northern Iraq, the Zoroastrians of Iran and India, and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.[1]
In an ethnoreligious group, particular emphasis is placed upon religious endogamy, and the concurrent discouragement of interfaith marriages or intercourse, as a means of preserving the stability and historical longevity of the community and culture.[citation needed] This adherence to religious endogamy can also, in some instances, be tied to ethnic nationalism if the ethnoreligious group possesses a historical base in a specific region.[citation
----------
give me your own ideas in your own words.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And you give me sht about American?
You are truely a "Coward for Christ"
Here is the difference, I am NOT offend if someone calls me a Christian. YOU have a problem with being called an American. I have HISTORY on my side to support this.

Understand this, a particular word may mean different things to different people.

Take for example the word JEW. The WHOLE world knows who is a Jew but your masters/ rabbis have a TWISTED idea and definition of it.
The private definition of rabbis helps them to MONOPOLIZE and ENSLAVE the Jewish people.

Did Hitler murder ONLY Jews who were religious NUTS like YOU and your rabbis? NO.

Did he ask them if they were observing the BS of the rabbis? NO.

A Jew is a Jew and was treated accordingly, by him.

Get it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles,

HughBe--When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?

Frijoles---A majority of AMERICANS say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame

HughBe--- Thanks for the quote. Who are the Americans in your quote? Are YOU an American?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the difference, I am NOT offend if someone calls me a Christian. YOU have a problem with being called an American. I have HISTORY on my side to support this.
straw argument. You seem to be the only person on this forum who still wonders what my nationality is.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand this, a particular word may mean different things to different people.
Take for example the word JEW. The WHOLE world knows who is a Jew but your masters/ rabbis have a TWISTED idea and definition of it.
The private definition of rabbis helps them to MONOPOLIZE and ENSLAVE the Jewish people.
\

I guess you are not looking for Hannukah presents this year
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Hitler murder ONLY Jews who were religious NUTS like YOU and your rabbis? NO.
Did he ask them if they were observing the BS of the rabbis? NO.
A Jew is a Jew and was treated accordingly, by him.
Get it?
Actually, I dont get you. Never have. Your notions and definitions are odd, to put it mildly. Offensive, to put it strongly.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, except imagine a country where the evangelicals are the majority due to coalition government.
Thats just one opinion. I still think that wanting some of these proposed settlements may also be a mainstream idea as well. Maybe not all the areas, but some. In the past, some of the areas being proposed were still in West Jerusalem (which technically speaking is still disputed, but really shouldnt be..). Fuzziness.
Note- that they also admit that the actual building is still months away -
No to get too technical, but would that be majority or a plurality?

"A majority is a subset of a set consisting of more than half of the set's elements. This can be compared to a plurality, which is a subset larger than any other subset considered; i.e. a plurality is not necessarily a majority as the largest subset considered may consist of less than half the set's elements."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the gay Jamaican is that he doesnt get when I am humoring him, and when I am really taking a stand. He lost his filter. Probably to do with his evangelicism, I'd imagine.
Yes I understand those bible thumpers to be a very intolerant people, not open to new ideas or anyone who engages in independent thinking.

Too bad for them.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No to get too technical, but would that be majority or a plurality?
"A majority is a subset of a set consisting of more than half of the set's elements. This can be compared to a plurality, which is a subset larger than any other subset considered; i.e. a plurality is not necessarily a majority as the largest subset considered may consist of less than half the set's elements."
Ok - if there are 51 people
Party A: 20 people: believes in Red
Party B: 20 People: believes in Brown
Party C: 1 person: Believes in Orange

"Majority" Coalition is A + C
"Minority" coalition is B

Coalition A now advocates for Orange, and to a lesser extent Red and never Brown

How would you describe that?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from someone who's best argument for his beliefs is a well known logical fallacy.
I bet it never even crossed his mind to question the fairy tales he was told as a child.

Hook, line and sinker.

Whatever happened to critical thinking?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I do NOT follow others. I am an INDEPENDENT thinker.
Really?

Let's see if that's true.

Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?
HughBe wrote:
Former--Do either of us sound like someone with a god?
HughBe--- Yes it is called STUPIDITY/self.
My god is stupidity?

Please expand on that comment.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
give me your own ideas in your own words.
You too.

You say this:

If so, independently, kindly explain how or why you know your god exists (without quoting the words of others).

And please don't fall back on that old "Since you can't explain the universe, MY explanation must be the correct one."

Thank you. Anxously awaiting your wise reponse.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - if there are 51 people
Party A: 20 people: believes in Red
Party B: 20 People: believes in Brown
Party C: 1 person: Believes in Orange
"Majority" Coalition is A + C
"Minority" coalition is B
Coalition A now advocates for Orange, and to a lesser extent Red and never Brown
How would you describe that?
Well, according to the definition as I understand it...you would need a total of 26 to make a majority of 50 or 51.(Where 21 in your example would make a plurality.)

However, the next part is this:

. "In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms, and the term majority is also alternatively used to refer to the winning margin, i.e. the number of votes separating the first-place finisher from the second-place finisher."

So, if they're following the British definitons, then I guess either term works.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
Frijoles,
HughBe--When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?
What is a Judaite?

Please provide a link to the source of your definition.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to the definition as I understand it...you would need a total of 26 to make a majority of 50 or 51.(Where 21 in your example would make a plurality.)
However, the next part is this:
. "In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms, and the term majority is also alternatively used to refer to the winning margin, i.e. the number of votes separating the first-place finisher from the second-place finisher."
So, if they're following the British definitons, then I guess either term works.
yes, it gets confusing, but the basic idea is that a minority party hijacks a larger party and empowers both....kind of like the Tea Party

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it never even crossed his mind to question the fairy tales he was told as a child.
Hook, line and sinker.
Whatever happened to critical thinking?
For many, wishful thinking trumps critical thinking. Unfortunate, but true.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I dig.
Like Obama playing hardball on the budget. He tried Mr. Nice guy last time and we know where it got him.
And then there is this
Jewish Congregation Applauds U.N. Vote on Palestine
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/nyregion/je...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there is this
Jewish Congregation Applauds U.N. Vote on Palestine
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/nyregion/je...

I respect that.

What do they say, the real test of free speech support etc - when you disagree with the movement.

And that's also what I really call liberal.

I like this line:

"Having gained independence ourselves in this way, we are especially conscious of this."

(Now maybe stop bothering the poor little Messianics...:))
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
I respect that.
What do they say, the real test of free speech support etc - when you disagree with the movement.
And that's also what I really call liberal.
I like this line:
"Having gained independence ourselves in this way, we are especially conscious of this."
(Now maybe stop bothering the poor little Messianics...:))
I found the comments interesting.

"Is this news?....Jews who are liberals..thats like dog bites man.."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Let's see if that's true.
Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?
<quoted text>
My god is stupidity?
Please expand on that comment.
Really?

Former---Let's see if that's true.

HughBe--- My words are TRUTH whether or not you can "see" that.

Former--Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?

HughBe -- It was a matter of choice.

Former--Do either of us sound like someone with a god?

HughBe-- Both of us sound that way. The thing is one knows it while the other YOU don't. Let me not leave you in the dark. It takes great FAITH and I would add STUPIDITY to believe the nonsense that you do. Your very experience should have taught you that beauty, order, laws are ALL MADE.

VIBRATIONS are things that you are used to but even you know so well they cannot produce the laws etc.

HughBe--- Yes it is called STUPIDITY/self.

Former--My god is stupidity? Please expand on that comment.

HughBe--- Memory tells me that you are either an atheist or agnostic. Did you see the self part? If there is no supreme being then you are like a god.

Let me break it down for you.
1. Are you superior to the atoms in your computer?
2.Are you superior to the atoms in the air?
3.Are you superior to the atoms in the earth?
4.Are you superior to the atoms in the sea?
5.Are you superior to the atoms in the sun?
6.Are you superior to the atoms in moon?
7. Then you are superior to ALL of nature and given that there is no Supreme being that makes you god.
spend the time to digest these words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,084,295
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Terry rigsby 49,024
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min LRS 175,176
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min TRD 68,067
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 11 min Corrupt Democrats 1,878
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 13 min truth-facts 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min truth-facts 45,907
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••