Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,271
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44827 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And you give me sht about American?
You are truely a "Coward for Christ"
Here is the difference, I am NOT offend if someone calls me a Christian. YOU have a problem with being called an American. I have HISTORY on my side to support this.

Understand this, a particular word may mean different things to different people.

Take for example the word JEW. The WHOLE world knows who is a Jew but your masters/ rabbis have a TWISTED idea and definition of it.
The private definition of rabbis helps them to MONOPOLIZE and ENSLAVE the Jewish people.

Did Hitler murder ONLY Jews who were religious NUTS like YOU and your rabbis? NO.

Did he ask them if they were observing the BS of the rabbis? NO.

A Jew is a Jew and was treated accordingly, by him.

Get it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44829 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles,

HughBe--When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?

Frijoles---A majority of AMERICANS say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame

HughBe--- Thanks for the quote. Who are the Americans in your quote? Are YOU an American?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44831 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the difference, I am NOT offend if someone calls me a Christian. YOU have a problem with being called an American. I have HISTORY on my side to support this.
straw argument. You seem to be the only person on this forum who still wonders what my nationality is.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand this, a particular word may mean different things to different people.
Take for example the word JEW. The WHOLE world knows who is a Jew but your masters/ rabbis have a TWISTED idea and definition of it.
The private definition of rabbis helps them to MONOPOLIZE and ENSLAVE the Jewish people.
\

I guess you are not looking for Hannukah presents this year
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Hitler murder ONLY Jews who were religious NUTS like YOU and your rabbis? NO.
Did he ask them if they were observing the BS of the rabbis? NO.
A Jew is a Jew and was treated accordingly, by him.
Get it?
Actually, I dont get you. Never have. Your notions and definitions are odd, to put it mildly. Offensive, to put it strongly.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44832 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, except imagine a country where the evangelicals are the majority due to coalition government.
Thats just one opinion. I still think that wanting some of these proposed settlements may also be a mainstream idea as well. Maybe not all the areas, but some. In the past, some of the areas being proposed were still in West Jerusalem (which technically speaking is still disputed, but really shouldnt be..). Fuzziness.
Note- that they also admit that the actual building is still months away -
No to get too technical, but would that be majority or a plurality?

"A majority is a subset of a set consisting of more than half of the set's elements. This can be compared to a plurality, which is a subset larger than any other subset considered; i.e. a plurality is not necessarily a majority as the largest subset considered may consist of less than half the set's elements."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44833 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the gay Jamaican is that he doesnt get when I am humoring him, and when I am really taking a stand. He lost his filter. Probably to do with his evangelicism, I'd imagine.
Yes I understand those bible thumpers to be a very intolerant people, not open to new ideas or anyone who engages in independent thinking.

Too bad for them.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44834 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No to get too technical, but would that be majority or a plurality?
"A majority is a subset of a set consisting of more than half of the set's elements. This can be compared to a plurality, which is a subset larger than any other subset considered; i.e. a plurality is not necessarily a majority as the largest subset considered may consist of less than half the set's elements."
Ok - if there are 51 people
Party A: 20 people: believes in Red
Party B: 20 People: believes in Brown
Party C: 1 person: Believes in Orange

"Majority" Coalition is A + C
"Minority" coalition is B

Coalition A now advocates for Orange, and to a lesser extent Red and never Brown

How would you describe that?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44835 Dec 4, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from someone who's best argument for his beliefs is a well known logical fallacy.
I bet it never even crossed his mind to question the fairy tales he was told as a child.

Hook, line and sinker.

Whatever happened to critical thinking?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44837 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I do NOT follow others. I am an INDEPENDENT thinker.
Really?

Let's see if that's true.

Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?
HughBe wrote:
Former--Do either of us sound like someone with a god?
HughBe--- Yes it is called STUPIDITY/self.
My god is stupidity?

Please expand on that comment.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44838 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
give me your own ideas in your own words.
You too.

You say this:

If so, independently, kindly explain how or why you know your god exists (without quoting the words of others).

And please don't fall back on that old "Since you can't explain the universe, MY explanation must be the correct one."

Thank you. Anxously awaiting your wise reponse.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44839 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - if there are 51 people
Party A: 20 people: believes in Red
Party B: 20 People: believes in Brown
Party C: 1 person: Believes in Orange
"Majority" Coalition is A + C
"Minority" coalition is B
Coalition A now advocates for Orange, and to a lesser extent Red and never Brown
How would you describe that?
Well, according to the definition as I understand it...you would need a total of 26 to make a majority of 50 or 51.(Where 21 in your example would make a plurality.)

However, the next part is this:

. "In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms, and the term majority is also alternatively used to refer to the winning margin, i.e. the number of votes separating the first-place finisher from the second-place finisher."

So, if they're following the British definitons, then I guess either term works.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44840 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles,
HughBe--When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?
What is a Judaite?

Please provide a link to the source of your definition.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44841 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to the definition as I understand it...you would need a total of 26 to make a majority of 50 or 51.(Where 21 in your example would make a plurality.)
However, the next part is this:
. "In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms, and the term majority is also alternatively used to refer to the winning margin, i.e. the number of votes separating the first-place finisher from the second-place finisher."
So, if they're following the British definitons, then I guess either term works.
yes, it gets confusing, but the basic idea is that a minority party hijacks a larger party and empowers both....kind of like the Tea Party

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44842 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it never even crossed his mind to question the fairy tales he was told as a child.
Hook, line and sinker.
Whatever happened to critical thinking?
For many, wishful thinking trumps critical thinking. Unfortunate, but true.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44843 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I dig.
Like Obama playing hardball on the budget. He tried Mr. Nice guy last time and we know where it got him.
And then there is this
Jewish Congregation Applauds U.N. Vote on Palestine
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/nyregion/je...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44844 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there is this
Jewish Congregation Applauds U.N. Vote on Palestine
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/nyregion/je...

I respect that.

What do they say, the real test of free speech support etc - when you disagree with the movement.

And that's also what I really call liberal.

I like this line:

"Having gained independence ourselves in this way, we are especially conscious of this."

(Now maybe stop bothering the poor little Messianics...:))
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44845 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
I respect that.
What do they say, the real test of free speech support etc - when you disagree with the movement.
And that's also what I really call liberal.
I like this line:
"Having gained independence ourselves in this way, we are especially conscious of this."
(Now maybe stop bothering the poor little Messianics...:))
I found the comments interesting.

"Is this news?....Jews who are liberals..thats like dog bites man.."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44847 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Let's see if that's true.
Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?
<quoted text>
My god is stupidity?
Please expand on that comment.
Really?

Former---Let's see if that's true.

HughBe--- My words are TRUTH whether or not you can "see" that.

Former--Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?

HughBe -- It was a matter of choice.

HughBe-- Both of us sound that way. The thing is one knows it while the other YOU don't. Let me not leave you in the dark. It takes great FAITH and I would add STUPIDITY to believe the nonsense that you do. Your very experience should have taught you that beauty, order, laws are ALL MADE.

VIBRATIONS are things that you are used to but even you know so well they cannot produce the laws etc.

Former--My god is stupidity? Please expand on that comment.

HughBe--- Memory tells me that you are either an atheist or agnostic. Did you see the self part? If there is no supreme being then you are like a god.

Let me break it down for you.
1. Are you superior to the atoms in your computer?
2.Are you superior to the atoms in the air?
3.Are you superior to the atoms in the earth?
4.Are you superior to the atoms in the sea?
5.Are you superior to the atoms in the sun?
6.Are you superior to the atoms in moon?
7. Then you are superior to ALL of nature and given that there is no Supreme being that makes you god.
spend the time to digest these words.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44848 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Former---Let's see if that's true.
HughBe--- My words are TRUTH whether or not you can "see" that.
Former--Were you born into your religion or did you choose it?
HughBe -- It was a matter of choice.
HughBe-- Both of us sound that way. The thing is one knows it while the other YOU don't. Let me not leave you in the dark. It takes great FAITH and I would add STUPIDITY to believe the nonsense that you do. Your very experience should have taught you that beauty, order, laws are ALL MADE.
VIBRATIONS are things that you are used to but even you know so well they cannot produce the laws etc.
Former--My god is stupidity? Please expand on that comment.
HughBe--- Memory tells me that you are either an atheist or agnostic. Did you see the self part? If there is no supreme being then you are like a god.
Let me break it down for you.
1. Are you superior to the atoms in your computer?
2.Are you superior to the atoms in the air?
3.Are you superior to the atoms in the earth?
4.Are you superior to the atoms in the sea?
5.Are you superior to the atoms in the sun?
6.Are you superior to the atoms in moon?
7. Then you are superior to ALL of nature and given that there is no Supreme being that makes you god.
spend the time to digest these words.
Former Res is Former Res. Why do you have to invent a God concept to describe what is already there?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#44851 Dec 4, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-0 (Introduction):

If we listen to enemies of Islam, the picture they present of our prophet is like one “Ruthless man, sitting on a throne, with sword in his hands, his enemies are brought to him, one by one, he gives them only two choices, Islam or they die”.

Faced with naked sword and death in front of them, his enemies “really had no choice but to become Muslim”. Using his sword and threats, he browbeaten his enemies into submission, and those who showed even the least resistance were put to death in cold blood.

But when we refer to the factual reports of the era, the picture is totally different.

Every one knows that Prophet Mohammad was born in Makkah, though being born in a High Clan of Makkan tribe, and possessing a very likeable personality and a man known for his honesty and truth, he did not possessed any political or monetary power.

When he started his mission, he was in absolute minority of one in Makkah, he had not even a single follower. When he started his mission, he and his immediate followers had to face a lot of hardship at the hands of Makkan people.

There is not a single person of Early or late Makkan period, who did not had to face persecution and extreme torture at the hands of Makkan people.

If he was to use “sword” as a means of conversion, how could he won those early converts in Makkah period? Becoming Muslim in those days was putting your head on the block so to say.

Muslims were persecuted and physically tortured to such a degree that, many had to leave their birthplace and take refuge in the country of Abyssinia, a feature which was strange for a “Clan based society” of Arabia of those days.

Some people say, that prophet did not use force in Makkah period, but once he got some power in Medina, he started using force and torture and threat to get new converts.

People fail to realize that being Muslim in Early Medina period also was no less dangerous, Medina was a very small city and it was engulfed by Non Muslims in every direction. There was danger of outside attacks at any time, and in the battle fields, Muslim armies were always outnumbered by their enemies.

How could prophet then rely on support from that “forced Muslims”, they would ditch him at critical situations and lead to defeat of Muslims.

After saying all this, I conceded that prophet did have “Many Swords” which he used to “Slay his enemies” and “Make them his slaves for ever”!! Let us see, how many swords had he:

1. Sword of Truth (The Most Potent of All).

2. Sword of Reason and Logic.

3. Sword of Patience and Perseverance.

4. Sword of Compassion and Forgiveness.

5. Sword of Open-handedness and Charity.

6. Sword of Appreciation and Acknowledgement.

7. Sword of Equity and Justice.

8. And finally Sword of Steel, which he used very sparingly.

Selecting and using proper sword at proper time, the Prophet was so successful in “Slaying and Capturing his bitterest enemies”.

I have selected a few cases from that period to prove my point and I will present them before our “Friends” on this thread, whose only purpose is to malign the Noble Character of our prophet.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44853 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not only the Fed. Govt. based on my experience here.
rabbee: well most can't even grasp, that just being an american does not necessarily make you a united states born citizen. more or less, whether you classify a person where they are born or where they presently live. or that if you are born, in north or south america are you an american? as i do not even believe in these silly divisions, of spanish american, african american, chinese american, japanese american, etc... your either american or not american, either your a us citizen or not a us citizen. using racial or other prejudiced titles, tells me you are not a loyal citizen. and that your loyalty, is already divided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min wojar 182,180
last post wins! (Apr '13) 23 min L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min IBdaMann 49,363
Holiday Greetings 2 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 2 hr Negras all 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?