Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
40,641 - 40,660 of 68,366 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a mentally tortured universe, and I wish you luck with that.
When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?

Oh, "gifted" we don't have a PRESIDENT here.

who did your wife support in the American presidential race?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Pessimistically, I dont think the chances are good. Too many pawns. Too much socialization. Both parties have to value life first over martyrdom, and its not clear that the majority of one of the parties does.
The weather isnt so bad. Only a third of the country is desert, you know. And there are beaches.
Also, despite what you hear on the media, the country is very safe. Very modern. More modern than the US - probably more like Asia.
I know many people who have gone and plan to go.

I would definitely want to visit one day.

Fair is fair. Have been to The Vatican.
(Equal time and all that!)

Rome in the summer - now that was hot!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/04/re publicans-losing-blame-game-on -fiscal-cliff/
A majority of Americans say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame, according to a new Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll, the latest sign that the GOP faces a perilous path on the issue between now and the end of the year.
Frijoles---A majority of AMERICANS say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame

HughBe--- Thanks for the quote. Who are the Americans in your quote? Are YOU an American?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is not so bad if you're willing to give it a try.
<quoted text>
"Herd mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items. Examples of the herd mentality include stock market trends, fashions in apparel, cars, taste in music, superstition, religion, home décor, etc. Social psychologists study the related topics of group intelligence, crowd wisdom, and decentralized decision making."
<quoted text>
You just threw that in there so as not to sound totally insane.(No one can know EVERYTHING even their own creation is thinking.)
<quoted text>
Do either of us sound like someone with a god?
I have to go now, so when I come back.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you, you ejaculate your BS and because YOU know that you are trapped you come with your BS. Do you think that I cannot list the elements of ETHNICITY and use them to expose your CS?
I shall but not now.
Then list away. Cut out the middle man. Have the conversation with yourself. Why are you bothering us?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---A majority of AMERICANS say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame
HughBe--- Thanks for the quote. Who are the Americans in your quote? Are YOU an American?
Are you a Christian?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I dig.
Like Obama playing hardball on the budget. He tried Mr. Nice guy last time and we know where it got him.
I wonder if Huggybear eloped with his donkey??
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/04/us-...

Netanyahu's Israeli settlement push could be ballot box boon
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any other noun meaning "people of the United States?"

Like for you, a "gay Jamcaican." LOL!!!
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/04/us-...
Netanyahu's Israeli settlement push could be ballot box boon
Is that like aiming for the evangelical vote in this country?

(Still in shock over 2004 election!)

And don't forget gay marriage and Ohio. 2004.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like aiming for the evangelical vote in this country?
(Still in shock over 2004 election!)
And don't forget gay marriage and Ohio. 2004.
Yes, except imagine a country where the evangelicals are the majority due to coalition government.

Thats just one opinion. I still think that wanting some of these proposed settlements may also be a mainstream idea as well. Maybe not all the areas, but some. In the past, some of the areas being proposed were still in West Jerusalem (which technically speaking is still disputed, but really shouldnt be..). Fuzziness.

Note- that they also admit that the actual building is still months away -
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the gay Jamaican is that he doesnt get when I am humoring him, and when I am really taking a stand. He lost his filter. Probably to do with his evangelicism, I'd imagine.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the gay Jamaican is that he doesnt get when I am humoring him, and when I am really taking a stand. He lost his filter. Probably to do with his evangelicism, I'd imagine.
What do you expect from someone who's best argument for his beliefs is a well known logical fallacy.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from someone who's best argument for his beliefs is a well known logical fallacy.
To be honest, I have no expectations. Its not I am aware of who I am posting with.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

oops - its not like I am unaware of who I am posting with.

sloppy editing
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Then list away. Cut out the middle man. Have the conversation with yourself. Why are you bothering us?
Frijoles---Why are you bothering us?

HughBe--- As far as I am aware I am speaking to ONE person called Frijoles. I was not aware that I was speaking to legions of beings. How many legions of beings are in YOU?

I am still intersted in learning YOUR definition of ethnicity. You certainly like to talk about Christians and Muslims as NOT being ethnic groups and so I want to know your personal concept of it. What are the elements that YOU had in mind when you spoke?

Anotheroutstanding matter--

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Former--Do you have any other noun meaning "people of the United States?"

HughBe--- Thank you for your input. Ask your man, Frijoles.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

"Herd mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items. Former---Examples of the herd mentality include stock market trends, fashions in apparel, cars, taste in music, superstition, religion, home décor, etc. Social psychologists study the related topics of group intelligence, crowd wisdom, and decentralized decision making."

HughBe--- I do NOT follow others. I am an INDEPENDENT thinker.

Former--Do either of us sound like someone with a god?

HughBe--- Yes it is called STUPIDITY/self.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Christian?
Who is a Christian?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
\Frijoles---A majority of AMERICANS say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame
Go read the article, and find the answer yourself. Dont be lazy - I know its tempting.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

An ethnic group is a group of people whose members are identified through a common trait. This can, but does not have to, include an idea of common heritage, a common culture, a shared language or dialect.[1] The group's ethos or ideology may also stress common ancestry and religion, as opposed to an ethnic minority group which refers to race.[2][3][4][5] The process that results in the emergence of an ethnicity is called ethnogenesis. Some ethnic groups are marked by little more than a common name.

----------

An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group)

is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background. Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity neither exclusively by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both[citation needed](a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).[citation needed]

Examples of ethnic groups defined by ancestral religions are the Jews, the Druze of the Levant, the Copts of Egypt, the Yazidi of northern Iraq, the Zoroastrians of Iran and India, and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.[1]

In an ethnoreligious group, particular emphasis is placed upon religious endogamy, and the concurrent discouragement of interfaith marriages or intercourse, as a means of preserving the stability and historical longevity of the community and culture.[citation needed] This adherence to religious endogamy can also, in some instances, be tied to ethnic nationalism if the ethnoreligious group possesses a historical base in a specific region.[citation

----------

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min danetoo 67,897
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr THE DEVIL 1,079,017
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr Pete 11
Cheap Tomatoes 3 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
demo-crats are the root of violent crime in chi... 3 hr yamimi 5
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect ... 3 hr Why 2
This Jew Can’t Support Israel 3 hr Why 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Guy 174,508
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••