Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
40,621 - 40,640 of 69,087 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44783 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
...I agree that world opinion does have an effect - evidence the UN vote. So I cant predict how this would play out, except to note at the end of the day everyones attention will be back to Syria and Egypt, as usual. And there is a fair likelihood that Israel will launch a preemptive strike on the Syrian chem weapon stockpile. All of this may take the pressure off of Israel regarding the "settlements".
An attack on Syria (or Iran for that matter) would certainly distract attention from the settlements.

Do you ever see peace in the area, in our lifetimes or beyond?

That alone might keep me from ever wanting to live over there.

Plus the heat.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44784 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- doubt that as God, in my view, would make someone a billionaire if it would bring glory to his name. Billionaires as a rule would not qualify.
God exists only "in your view" and in your mind. You alone get to decide what he would and wouldn't do or think. That is because you and your fellow followers of the myth have created him in your own minds.

"If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated."
Voltaire
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- opinion notes
Note the word "opinion." I rest my case.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Who was Daniel and what exactly did he predict and when?
HughBe-- A Prophet of God. God said this about him "Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee"
Recall you have internet so google the rest.
A what of who??

More gobbledygook.

Sloppy thinking. Staighten up!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44785 Dec 4, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Muslims have also got bitten by the "nationalist" bug form the western nations.
What we are seeing before us is the result of the same bug.
If European Nations can become one nation on the basis of Christianity (it is a well guarded secret though, they do not speak so in public and news media and electronic media does not comment on it much).... then why can't Muslim nations join on the basis of Islam.
Thats fine, but please leave us Jews out of it (your conflict with the Christians).

All we want is our land as per our ethnic roots. And if the local Arabs are nice (i.e. no missiles or suicide bombers) then they can get their homeland as well, right next to us.

Lets leave out "the pushing the Jews into the sea" part of it, or any neo-Islamic nationalism.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44786 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
An attack on Syria (or Iran for that matter) would certainly distract attention from the settlements.
Do you ever see peace in the area, in our lifetimes or beyond?
That alone might keep me from ever wanting to live over there.
Plus the heat.
Pessimistically, I dont think the chances are good. Too many pawns. Too much socialization. Both parties have to value life first over martyrdom, and its not clear that the majority of one of the parties does.

The weather isnt so bad. Only a third of the country is desert, you know. And there are beaches.

Also, despite what you hear on the media, the country is very safe. Very modern. More modern than the US - probably more like Asia.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44787 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more complicated I think these days. Your spouse has to be recognized as a Jew by the Israeli rabbinate I think. The Israeli rabbinate is nuts.(Rightwing and corrupt).
Frijoles---Its more complicated I think these days. Your spouse has to be recognized as a Jew by the Israeli rabbinate I think. The Israeli rabbinate is NUTS.(Rightwing and CORRUPT).

HughBe--- Accepted. YOUR TRUTHS are reflected in their man-made doctrines which are NUTS and utterly CORRUPT and is a fulfilment of the prophecy of Moses.

The veil is being lifted from your eyes.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44788 Dec 4, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
God exists only "in your view" and in your mind. You alone get to decide what he would and wouldn't do or think. That is because you and your fellow followers of the myth have created him in your own minds.
"If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated."
Voltaire
<quoted text>
Note the word "opinion." I rest my case.
<quoted text>
A what of who??
More gobbledygook.
Sloppy thinking. Staighten up!
Former--God exists only "in your view" and in your MIND.

HughBe--- a statement that reflects the state of your mind.

Former-- You alone get to decide what he would and wouldn't do or think. That is because you and your fellow followers of the myth have created him in your own minds.

HughBe--- previously,see above, you said that He was ONLY in my MIND. Now He is also in the minds of others.

I know Him and so I am in a position to know what He thinks and will do but not in ALL things.

Former---"If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated."
Voltaire

HughBe--- I have accepted His revelation about Himself. You and your man Voltaire have created your own god.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44789 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles, were you in agreement with your "wife" in terms who was to be new President of America in 2012?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44790 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, the Palestinian Authority was not a muslim nation or a refuge for all muslims. Their authenticity was based upon the refugee crisis, not religious pilgrimage. Perhaps that is part of the problem there. Confused goals.
Are Muslims a people? What are your rules of descent? Your initiation rites? I think of Islam as a expanding world religion, like Christianity, without the trappings of a people with a historical ethnicity.
List the elements of ehtnicity.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44791 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
List the elements of ehtnicity.
Google is a powerful tool. Try it.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44792 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles, were you in agreement with your "wife" in terms who was to be new President of America in 2012?
You mean the U.S.A.? We dont care about your fledging island.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44793 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Its more complicated I think these days. Your spouse has to be recognized as a Jew by the Israeli rabbinate I think. The Israeli rabbinate is NUTS.(Rightwing and CORRUPT).
HughBe--- Accepted. YOUR TRUTHS are reflected in their man-made doctrines which are NUTS and utterly CORRUPT and is a fulfilment of the prophecy of Moses.
Hints of your Jeremiah complex are peaking out again this morning.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44794 Dec 4, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
How can you say that, considering the fact that the land was to be taken from us and we had to be driven out, how come we do not look at the terms of the Covenant?
In which court of the law, the covenant would be kept secret and the party which is to be evicted will not be shown the covenant and comment on it?
Religious or non religious, let us see the terms of covenant and find out what religious or non religious duties were imposed on both parties.
If one party is clearly violating each and every term of that covenant, then their claims have to be rejected, summarily by any court. Unless the court could be one of the Kangaroo courts!!
How come a reasonable person like you, becomes so unreasonable when we discuss something so simple, so trivial and so basic.
If the people wanted to return to the land of covenant, to establish a truly religious society, the one which their covenant demanded, it would have been a totally different situation.
The propblem that you have in mind is not connected directly to the terms of the covenant. Frijoles captures the root of the problem i.e. NUTTY and CORRUPT men. This is the problem.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44795 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the U.S.A.? We dont care about your fledging island.
HughBe---Frijoles, were you in agreement with your "wife" in terms who was to be new President of America in 2012?

Frijoles---You mean the U.S.A.? We dont care about your fledging island.

HughBe--- I mean just what I asked i.e. new President of America in 2012.

When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?

Oh, "gifted" we don't have a PRESIDENT here.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44796 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hints of your Jeremiah complex are peaking out again this morning.

Frijoles--Hints of your Jeremiah complex are peaking out again this morning.

HughBe--- Are YOU and IDIOT or a JACKASS? were YOU not the one who called your rabbis NUTS and CORRUPT? What do YOU expect from something CORRUPT except CORRUPTION? So, once again are you an IDIOT or a JACKASS?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44797 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Frijoles, were you in agreement with your "wife" in terms who was to be new President of America in 2012?
Frijoles---You mean the U.S.A.? We dont care about your fledging island.
HughBe--- I mean just what I asked i.e. new President of America in 2012.
When you speak about don't care, who are the WE? Is it Americans? Is it Judaites?
You live in a mentally tortured universe, and I wish you luck with that.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44798 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is a powerful tool. Try it.
I don't blame you, you ejaculate your BS and because YOU know that you are trapped you come with your BS. Do you think that I cannot list the elements of ETHNICITY and use them to expose your CS?

I shall but not now.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44799 Dec 4, 2012
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

A majority of Americans say that if the country goes over the fiscal cliff on Dec. 31, congressional Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame, according to a new Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll, the latest sign that the GOP faces a perilous path on the issue between now and the end of the year.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44800 Dec 4, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--God exists only "in your view" and in your MIND.
HughBe--- a statement that reflects the state of your mind.
Reality is not so bad if you're willing to give it a try.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- previously,see above, you said that He was ONLY in my MIND. Now He is also in the minds of others.
"Herd mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items. Examples of the herd mentality include stock market trends, fashions in apparel, cars, taste in music, superstition, religion, home décor, etc. Social psychologists study the related topics of group intelligence, crowd wisdom, and decentralized decision making."
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Him and so I am in a position to know what He thinks and will do but not in ALL things.
You just threw that in there so as not to sound totally insane.(No one can know EVERYTHING even their own creation is thinking.)
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your man Voltaire have created your own god.
Do either of us sound like someone with a god?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#44801 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a mentally tortured universe, and I wish you luck with that.

who did your wife support in the American presidential race?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44802 Dec 4, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Pessimistically, I dont think the chances are good. Too many pawns. Too much socialization. Both parties have to value life first over martyrdom, and its not clear that the majority of one of the parties does.
The weather isnt so bad. Only a third of the country is desert, you know. And there are beaches.
Also, despite what you hear on the media, the country is very safe. Very modern. More modern than the US - probably more like Asia.
I know many people who have gone and plan to go.

I would definitely want to visit one day.

Fair is fair. Have been to The Vatican.
(Equal time and all that!)

Rome in the summer - now that was hot!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 58 min joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Virus Infected 49,488
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 2 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 3 hr FXX 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE