Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,105
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#43502 Nov 15, 2012
as I suspected

http://www.livestrong.com/article/110938-appl...

Why Apple Cider Vinegar Works

When a toenail fungus infection occurs, the pH of the surrounding skin and nail becomes more basic or alkaline in nature. The fungus thrives in an alkaline environment. If the pH of the area turns from basic to more acidic, the fungus cannot survive. This is where the apple cider vinegar becomes useful. The vinegar is acidic but still mild enough to not damage the surrounding skin and nail.

-------
Frijoles note: that is all and good, but unless the vinegar can penetrate the nail bed - you are wasting your time, sadly. As I did.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#43503 Nov 15, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you want me to be a "cut and heal" like you?
This is my promise to you on the matter, I will come out meaning convert when I am reincarnated 1000 times.
This is my first appearance.
rabbee: tell the truth, this is you and your grandmothers third appearance. you just don't, remember the first two. when you are reborn as the exact same baby again, you have no memories to beguin with.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#43504 Nov 15, 2012
I see I have a fan.

cool!
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43505 Nov 15, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what was it, then?
No, you were right.

I meant me.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43507 Nov 15, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---"Someone puts himself last,So that you can come first."
La Cage Aux Folles
HughBe--- "Someone puts herself last,So that I can come first."
Master HughBe
More like Master Baiter.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43508 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are interested in saving the patient money after ruling out life threatening conditions, why not?
The real problem is that doctors aren't trained in the natural area and usually poo poo it.
I'm not sure what you're saying this doctor did wrong.

I knew someone with a similar issue.

They ended up with speech therapy which also covers swalling issues.

(For your poo poo problems, you'll need a good GI man - gastroenterologist.)
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43512 Nov 15, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried soaking my feet everynight in apple cider vinegar for about six months to get rid of toe nail fungus.
Guess what?
It didnt work!(ended up on real drugs - they worked)
It was a nice thought though. I would of rather it did work for the effort it caused me.
Probably Lamisil or Sporanox. With liver function tests first.

I had the latter years ago for a stubborn skin infection on my beard area. Cleared it right up after many months of OTC cream, ointments etc.(Actaully some prescribed by my family doc)

Finally saw an actual dermatologist.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#43519 Nov 15, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally saw an actual dermatologist.
Probably a better move than some of the alternatives, like maggots...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#43520 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are interested in saving the patient money after ruling out life threatening conditions, why not?
The real problem is that doctors aren't trained in the natural area and usually poo poo it.
If alternative treatments work, then it should be easily demonstrated with double-blind scientific studies with control groups using placebos. If the results of the studies show the treatment is effective, it will be very hard for anyone to poo poo it. Unfortunately, many alternative treatments don't hold up to scrutiny, hence why they are poo poo'ed. But I don't expect you to understand any of this given your proclivity to conspiracy theories.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#43530 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
what about suspension of habeas corpus?
What doesw that have to do with the treatment of prisoners of war?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#43531 Nov 15, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Vinegar is cheap. Didnt dilute it. "Quality" (as you refer to it) doesnt matter as the active ingrediant whould be the acidity. There is no difference between organic and nonorganic in acidity.
Noted. My understanding is that the vinegar with the "MOTHER" in it is better quality.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#43532 Nov 15, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
More like Master Baiter.
No son, Master as in ruler.

#43534 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets protect the middle class by not raising taxes, stop spending and eliminate government services that the private sector can handle.
But WHAT government services can the private sector actually handle in a manner that makes sure that all citizens can gain equal access to them? FDA? EPA? FAA? Police? Fire? Schools? The private sector can't do any of those properly.

#43538 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Without government there is no for profit organization, there is no Medicare there is just men and women interacting.
How were roads paid for before?
How is garbage collection paid for where the city Mafia doesn't provide?
Roads were paid for through the levy of taxes, or a levy of labor, or they didn't get built. Unless you are talking about a small private road running a few dozen yards inside someone's property.

#43539 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
A volunteer society now answer the question, how does a fictitious entity vote?
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide an actual example of such society.
Hippie communes are (or were) volunteer societies...
Abolish The Fed

United States

#43541 Nov 15, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted. My understanding is that the vinegar with the "MOTHER" in it is better quality.
It is, don't listen to the retards, its the liberal schooling.

#43542 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If only 30 million out of 330+ don't, that's not bad.
I am OK with freedom of choice, not threat duress or coercion.
Ah, no. If 30 million people don't have health care, that IS bad. Very bad. There is something broken with a society that allows that to happen.

#43543 Nov 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because a lot of those "natural" cures ARE poo poo...

And the ones that DO happen to work do not have any documentation to prove that they actually work beyond a few anecdotes that easily fall within the margin of the placebo effect.
Voluntarist

United States

#43544 Nov 15, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying doctors can't help with every single problem?
Ok - fair enough.
I think they would agree.
In family medicine, these patients are known as "The Worried Well."
Also, negative test results don't prove the doc is ineffective.
The doc has an obilgation to "rule out" potentially serious conditions.
If he had missed esophageal cancer, I imagine you'd also have a problem with that.
We are talking about a proper course of treatment and the doctor suggests NOTHING about building up your immune system through proper nutrition because doctors know nothing about nutrition.

#43545 Nov 15, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
as I suspected
http://www.livestrong.com/article/110938-appl...
Why Apple Cider Vinegar Works
When a toenail fungus infection occurs, the pH of the surrounding skin and nail becomes more basic or alkaline in nature. The fungus thrives in an alkaline environment. If the pH of the area turns from basic to more acidic, the fungus cannot survive. This is where the apple cider vinegar becomes useful. The vinegar is acidic but still mild enough to not damage the surrounding skin and nail.
-------
Frijoles note: that is all and good, but unless the vinegar can penetrate the nail bed - you are wasting your time, sadly. As I did.
For full nail bed penetration, just use a stronger acid. Either boil down the apple cider, or go straight for the sulfuric acid!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Hey U 50,660
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min John Galt 1,127,281
Amy 10-24 1 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ratloder 68,672
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]