Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,979)

Showing posts 39,561 - 39,580 of68,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...old school rap. Totally cool. You are more hip than I. I was thinking more along the lines of http://www.youtube.com/watch...
(and btw ignoring Apu directly is probably the most hygienic path...)
Good one!

If we got all these bloggers/posters together, it might look a lot like the bar scene in Star Wars (or Dirty Franks in Phila or Bacteria Bills in Banksville NY where we used to go in HS days when drinking age was still 18).
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
So, In a volunteerist society, whenever your neighbor does something that adversely affects your quality of life and won't listen to reason, the only recourse you have other than to grin and bear it is to move? And probably at a significant property value loss to boot since no one wants to move next to a toxic waste dump. Sounds pretty feeble to me. I don't think you thought this through all the way.
I've had similar conversations with a Libertarian relative.

As in, what does he suggest of my neighbor decides to install several chicken coops next door.

He said the other neighbors should get together and purchase the guy's house.

These folks are not unlike religious nuts. Living in lala land.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteerist needs to change his name to Idealist, because these are all ideas and nothing more. No facts on the ground. No societies to point towrds. That I know of, at least.
He was sounding half-way reasonable for while, then seemed to kind of go of the deep end again.

I'm thinking some sort of life event might have occurred.

They may have cut his hours at Walmart.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
FOR HUGH BABY:
"How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Enjoy.
(smiles)
Joel dear, while I appreciate the song and think that it is a nice one you must keep in mind that men of unclean ways and refuse between the ears are around.
They will twist words like, I feel you touch me in the rain.

Take care.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the
pursuit of Happiness.— That to secure these rights,
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just
powers from the consent of the governed…”
This of course is repeated in “state” constitutions such as
Arizona:“governments … are established to protect and maintain
individual rights.” Arizona constitution article II § 2 . This is why
standing and jurisdiction must always involve a plaintiff’s rights.
rabbee: not quite repeated: here is a sample of the colorado constitution, which is simular to the many states other than the commonwealth of virgina:

Preamble

We, the people of Colorado, with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, in order to form a more independent and perfect government; establish justice; insure tranquillity; provide for the common defense; promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the "State of Colorado".

all of them specificly and strongly mention, some kind of reverence for G-D. with virgina's constitution, the only one specificly mentioning jesus christ.

thought they are all simular, to the us constitution. only because each state, was initially considered republics not democracies.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had similar conversations with a Libertarian relative.
As in, what does he suggest of my neighbor decides to install several chicken coops next door.
He said the other neighbors should get together and purchase the guy's house.
These folks are not unlike religious nuts. Living in lala land.
Whats wrong with chickens?

My wife keeps threatening to get some

Some of the more enlightened towns have ordinances against roosters, not chickens.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The declaration is a foundation that the constitution is based upon.
rabbee: no! the foundation was set, in the minds of men. long before the writting of either, the declaration of independance or the constitution. it was a result of the abuses, imposed by the brittish empire.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: not quite repeated: here is a sample of the colorado constitution, which is simular to the many states other than the commonwealth of virgina:
Preamble
We, the people of Colorado, with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, in order to form a more independent and perfect government; establish justice; insure tranquillity; provide for the common defense; promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the "State of Colorado".
all of them specificly and strongly mention, some kind of reverence for G-D. with virgina's constitution, the only one specificly mentioning jesus christ.
thought they are all simular, to the us constitution. only because each state, was initially considered republics not democracies.
The People of Connecticut acknowledging with gratitude, the good providence of God, in having permitted them to enjoy a free government; do, in order more effectually to define, secure, and perpetuate the liberties, rights and privileges which they have derived from their ancestors; hereby, after a careful consideration and revision, ordain and establish the following constitution and form of civil government.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Skimming the overnight exchanges has been....ah....interesting?
How did the song go?
"The freaks come out at night!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Let me be frank with you. I regard or rank your integrity level way above Frijoles and the other fellow. So, do not join their CS.

Truthfully, both leaves a lot to be desired in terms of very basic human decency and honesty.

I actually like both CRUFFS but that does not change the reality as descrbed above.

DO NOT lower yourself into their cesspool or their dwelling place.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel dear, while I appreciate the song and think that it is a nice one you must keep in mind that men of unclean ways and refuse between the ears are around.
They will twist words like, I feel you touch me in the rain.
Take care.
Au contraire, you were the one talking about riding asses. nobody else was. It appears that you have a one track mind.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the more enlightened towns have ordinances against roosters, not chickens.
Frijoles---Whats wrong with chickens?My wife keeps threatening to get SOME

HughBe--- The thing is not all ONES are equal and such is your case. As a result your wife needs SOME to get a TRUE one.

Frijoles--Some of the more ENlightened towns have ordinances against roosters, not chickens

HughBe--- As usual you support male opposition and are heavy into your feminine self and ways.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, you were the one talking about riding asses. nobody else was. It appears that you have a one track mind.
Eric, the liar---I am not the one who enjoys being ridden. That was your comment alone.

HughBe-- Quote my words that support your MADNESS.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric, the liar---I am not the one who enjoys being ridden. That was your comment alone.
"As a result your wife needs SOME to get a TRUE one."

You are more than a freak. You are a freakoid.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your promise to ignore me?

"Do not waste time and post anything else to me. All such shall be ignored."

And you call me a liar.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

Reply »

14 hrs ago

former res wrote:

<quoted text>
Like a clean, fresh breath of mountain air!
He lives in a country where people ride on top of the trains.

Your response:

Former--- He/Joel lives in a country where people ride on top of the trains

HughBe--- Some will say that it is better to live there than in a country where people rided ASSES.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica
Reply »
13 hrs ago

Eric wrote:

<quoted text>
And some would say that it's better than being an ass.

Your response
1. Thanks for the PERVERSION reminder.

2. I would say that it is better to be an ass
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually like both CRUFFS but that does not change the reality as descrbed above.
Just to remind the viewing audience:

CRUFF

1. Jamaican word for a certain lower class section of the poulation. Usually associated with hats, sticks and sunglasses. Can sometimes be seen with ie.one trouser leg tucked into a sock. Generally frowned upon by the majority of the population.

2. Jamaican word for Someone who is Worthless, Has no potential, priority or goal in life..

3. to say someone is ugly, not looking good, not looking fresh

4. a noun used to describe itching of the ball sac, chaod, a+shole region, Usually associated with perspiration, often is paired together with swamp a*s.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The People of Connecticut acknowledging with gratitude, the good providence of God, in having permitted them to enjoy a free government; do, in order more effectually to define, secure, and perpetuate the liberties, rights and privileges which they have derived from their ancestors; hereby, after a careful consideration and revision, ordain and establish the following constitution and form of civil government.
rabbee: yes i know! i have read all the preambles, of every state and commonwealth. they are all, so very simular.

with the commonwealth of virgina, being the most difference. and in fact, virgina was the only area, that could of legally succeeded from the union. because it is a commonwealth, not a state.

their error was joining the other states, in open rebellion during the civil war. even today, virgina is still a commonwealth. and could still legally withdraw, from it's commonwealth status.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteerist needs to change his name to Idealist, because these are all ideas and nothing more. No facts on the ground. No societies to point towrds. That I know of, at least.
It's a fantasy world, for sure.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

in fact should virgina, withdraw from being a commonwealth. the could sue, to attempt regain the large areas that were divided from it to make other states. but as in the civil war, and armed rebellion is out of the question.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
They may have cut his hours at Walmart.
Fear not. The holiday season is upon us.

Are you ready for the incessant cries of "War on Christmas" from our friends at Fox? ;-)
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - change out chicken coop for motocross track!

I love animals.

My sister in law had rooster and goat (for milk).

Upstate NY. No one complained about the rooster but it was a bit noisy. Not sure how they ended up with him.

Pigs might be fun. Garbage disposals.

Reminds me of a quote:

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,561 - 39,580 of68,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min new yawk 1,072,965
The New, New Math 17 min IfUReadUCTheProblem4Sure 6
Ron Paul: The Collapse Is Close 23 min Infowars Video 1
Ask Amy 7-13-14 31 min Pippa 3
Strategy 36 min Do not read this-too good 3
Abby 7-13-14 39 min Pippa 3
2 dead, 21 wounded in weekend shootings 41 min That was 1 Friday night 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Atticus Tiberius Finch 173,755
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info