Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,261 - 39,280 of 68,436 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
But a fetus does receive oxygen through the placenta. This organ allows transfer of oxygen from the mother, who obtains oxygen in the normal way, by breathing, directly to the fetus' bloodstream.
So? The fetus consists of living tissue, cells need oxygen, but the fetus is NOT breathing.
SamBee wrote:
This circumvents the need for the fetus to breathe until the umbilical cord, which connects the baby to the placenta and to the mother is cut at birth.
Minor point, but the infant needs to be breathing well BEFORE the cord is cut. If not, then it is stillborn, i.e. dead.
SamBee wrote:
Adam didn't come through the womb of a women,the scriptures teach that the life is in the blood a fetus has blood therefore it has life and oxygen from the mother.What you posted says that a fetus was alive in the womb,if it was hurt and departed (lost its life) by harm of a man the man was to pay the husban for the lost of life.
Exodus 21:22
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
Note well those words: "yet no mischief follow". They are important here. The fetus has been expelled - it has been aborted by the actions of the men "striving". "Yet no mischief follow" tells us that the woman is unharmed even though the fetus is now dead.

Yeah, the man gets a few coins for the loss of the POTENTIAL son that is now gone. Big deal. But if mischief DOES follow, if the WOMAN is harmed in any way, THEN and ONLY then does the passage call for an eye for an eye, a life for a life.

If the fetus was alive, then it would have called for a life for a life, NOT just a few coins.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if they burn our flag?
We should worry about becoming energy independent which will begin with not letting ExxonMobile drive our energy policies.
Every barrel of oil puts money in the hands of terrorists, even if we pump it out of our own fields. The only way to stop funding terrorism is to end the ability to profit off of the sale of oil.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt know I was in a structured conversation. Sorry.
On a related topic, Mitt conceded Florida today. Does that even have legal meaning?
I miscalculated, I expected you to jump on the Benghazi bait.

more puzzle pieces.
.Blind sheikh in U.S. custody
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I miscalculated, I expected you to jump on the Benghazi bait.
more puzzle pieces.
.Blind sheikh in U.S. custody
Nah - Benghazi is not an issue to me, and I suspect it isnt an issue to most Americans as well. Now that the election is over, I suspect the big issue will be what to do about the fiscal cliff.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

More on the topic of the Faux news bubble and the nonscientific argument about the "skewed polls".
-----

As Republicans search for reasons why they came up short in Tuesday's elections, anonymous Mitt Romney advisers have described what it was like to be with the former governor as he came to terms with his loss.

"He was shellshocked," one adviser told CBS News.

Another unnamed senior adviser explained that as returns came in and battleground states went into President Barack Obama's Electoral College column, they felt their paths to potential victory narrowing.

CBS reports that the campaign was unprepared for this in part because it had ignored polling that showed the races favoring Obama. Instead, it turned to its own internal "unskewed" polls, which it believed more accurately reflected the situation on the ground. They didn't.

On the eve of the election, a number of polling aggregators, including HuffPost's Pollster and New York Times' FiveThirtyEight, showed Obama with a huge statistical advantage over Romney....

....As evidence of the Romney campaign's sincere belief that the former Massachusetts governor would emerge victorious on Tuesday night, the Boston Globe reported Thursday that it had planned to fete Romney's election with an eight-minute display of fireworks over Boston Harbor..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/mitt...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
somebody said obama is the only nobel prize winner with a kill list
i'm ok with that
I wonder if that's really true. If there is a list, it's belongs to a woman. Women make lists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah - Benghazi is not an issue to me, and I suspect it isnt an issue to most Americans as well. Now that the election is over, I suspect the big issue will be what to do about the fiscal cliff.
Disappointed. I guess most Americans have no stake in the military, personal or personal.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt know I was in a structured conversation. Sorry.
On a related topic, Mitt conceded Florida today. Does that even have legal meaning?
Don't think so.

They're waiting on 2 or 3 counties to finish reporting. Possibly today, last I heard.

It's like Guatemala.(Nothing against Guatemala.)
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I can see, only Fox is obsessing over this non-issue.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Disappointed. I guess most Americans have no stake in the military, personal or personal.
which is why bush/cheney/rumsfled got away with being war criminals

thousands of americans and iraqi civilians killed for no reason whatsover

we should probably have a draft, like israel - then we'd all some skin in the game
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if that's really true. If there is a list, it's belongs to a woman. Women make lists.
yes, women make lists

but not all lists are made by women (it's a logic thing...)

I should have said "only nobel PEACE prize winner with a kill list"
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Disappointed. I guess most Americans have no stake in the military, personal or personal.
More like people see through the birther movement.

This is the time for political healing.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
which is why bush/cheney/rumsfled got away with being war criminals
thousands of americans and iraqi civilians killed for no reason whatsover
we should probably have a draft, like israel - then we'd all some skin in the game
And Obama continued gitmo including torture, just another war criminal.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I can see, only Fox is obsessing over this non-issue.
I would hope that they would get the message from the election. It was pretty clear cut. The age of nonsense is over.

Right now we are at a political crossroads. Either go with the healing, reconcialiation, and bipartisanship or we are really doomed as a nation.

From the conservative side, one of the loudest critiques of Obama was that he blew them off from day one. So lets see what happens. If Obama offers an olive branch, as I suspect he will, and the political sniping continues, then they have lost their last and final argument against Obama.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sone of us, in fact a lot of us, in fact most of us, have no problem with gitmo being open- as long as we dont have new prisoners
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
cant have criminality without acceptance of government authority, by the way.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
He was blocked by Congress.

Same with healthcare; tax reform; budget...

Despite the election, they are still refusing the tax changes most Americans support. Guess they weren't listening.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hope that they would get the message from the election. It was pretty clear cut. The age of nonsense is over.
Right now we are at a political crossroads. Either go with the healing, reconcialiation, and bipartisanship or we are really doomed as a nation.
From the conservative side, one of the loudest critiques of Obama was that he blew them off from day one. So lets see what happens. If Obama offers an olive branch, as I suspect he will, and the political sniping continues, then they have lost their last and final argument against Obama.
I'm not optimistic.

They are much too beholden to Grover Norquist, The Tea baggers etc.

Even Bohener had to walk back his comments to Diane Sawyer about Obamacare.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/09/us-...
SamBee

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The fetus consists of living tissue, cells need oxygen, but the fetus is NOT breathing.
<quoted text>
Minor point, but the infant needs to be breathing well BEFORE the cord is cut. If not, then it is stillborn, i.e. dead.
<quoted text>
Note well those words: "yet no mischief follow". They are important here. The fetus has been expelled - it has been aborted by the actions of the men "striving". "Yet no mischief follow" tells us that the woman is unharmed even though the fetus is now dead.
Yeah, the man gets a few coins for the loss of the POTENTIAL son that is now gone. Big deal. But if mischief DOES follow, if the WOMAN is harmed in any way, THEN and ONLY then does the passage call for an eye for an eye, a life for a life.
If the fetus was alive, then it would have called for a life for a life, NOT just a few coins.
If the fetus wasn't alive in the womb how could the man have killed it before its brith?

Lev.11:11

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not optimistic.
They are much too beholden to Grover Norquist, The Tea baggers etc.
Even Bohener had to walk back his comments to Diane Sawyer about Obamacare.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/09/us-...
I am more cautiously optomistic. Boehner is just a puppet. Its not clear who the puppeteers are going to be yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,083,412
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min SpaceBlues 45,878
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min truth 48,990
Amy 7-30 11 min Toj 18
Abby 7-30 22 min Kuuipo 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 38 min ohoh 3,844
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Concerned_American 304
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 175,089
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Stina2 97,575
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000