Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,161 - 39,180 of 68,834 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But this debate was going on before the current administration. It would have ended up on the ballot regardless of which administration was in power. Besides, I don't think Pavia is making it to a second term.
This is real inside stuff.

You two guys should just get a room (at the Hyatt!):))
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But this debate was going on before the current administration. It would have ended up on the ballot regardless of which administration was in power. Besides, I don't think Pavia is making it to a second term.
True - which why I decided with caution to kick it up to the next administration. At least that was the minimal thought I devoted to it.

I see Pavia as our Gerald Ford. I dont hate him. I dont even not like him. But I dont really like him either. Kind of bland to slightly negative branding.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is real inside stuff.
You two guys should just get a room (at the Hyatt!):))
I'm just waiting for our resident religious fanatic to complain that we're off topic.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
A "reel mower!"
I respect that.
Do you sharpen the blades yourself?
Nooooo...thats the weak link in the system. There is only ONE place I have found in our 4 town area that offers this - in Norwalk - and getting the motivation to bring it there has been the challenge. After year 3, the blades dulled and my mowing has suffered as such (leaves a thin random unmowed streak that requires going over the lawn twice!)

Its fun though. Basically silent - can mow the lawn at 530 AM except too much dew then.

Not good for big lawns or lots of hills

Good for excercise

Leaves edges and bigger weeds untouched - making the lawn ragged on the edges unless you then follow up with a weed whacker, which I dont. More significantly, it favors some weeds over others, changing the weed composition of my lawn. This is not a minor issue, I now have lots more plantain.

Never get a gas mower again if I can help it
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news. Seaside posted that days ago.
But thanks for sharing your news site. It has often been a curiosity where a mentally unbalanced paranoid conspiracy theorest such as yourself gets his "news".
definition mentally unbalanced?
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
definition mentally unbalanced?
well, if you have to ask.....
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just waiting for our resident religious fanatic to complain that we're off topic.
Allah knows best.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooo...thats the weak link in the system. There is only ONE place I have found in our 4 town area that offers this - in Norwalk - and getting the motivation to bring it there has been the challenge. After year 3, the blades dulled and my mowing has suffered as such (leaves a thin random unmowed streak that requires going over the lawn twice!)
Its fun though. Basically silent - can mow the lawn at 530 AM except too much dew then.
Not good for big lawns or lots of hills
Good for excercise
Leaves edges and bigger weeds untouched - making the lawn ragged on the edges unless you then follow up with a weed whacker, which I dont. More significantly, it favors some weeds over others, changing the weed composition of my lawn. This is not a minor issue, I now have lots more plantain.
Never get a gas mower again if I can help it
Sounds like good and bad points.

When we first moved out of the city to the burbs in 2000 I bought an electric (corded) mower. Big pain in the butt with cord and all. It broke right away and returned it to Home Depot and then went to Honda store where i got a nice little HOnday mower (and snow blower) which were both great.

Still have the snow blower but broke the mower - my fault - hit a pipe - the water shut off pipe - dumb dumb.

I used to be maintenance nut and brought both machines yearly for oil change/sharpening etc. It's been years now since i did any of it.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Hundreds of families on the south shore of Staten Island, one of the areas hardest hit by Superstorm Sandy, have received more than enough donations of most kinds of clothing but are in desperate need of underwear, the borough president said Tuesday.

"What we do need right now ... is underwear. Undergarments for children and adults," Staten Island Borough President James Molinaro told "Good Day New York," a local TV program on Fox. "That's what we need. That's what we're in desperate need of."

"It's like a third world nation," he said of the destruction on the island's south shore.

Donation centers have had to stop taking shirts and pants because of a deluge of those items, Molinaro added. "I have a warehouse full of clothing," he said.

----------

Molinaro added that many families are refusing to leave their damaged homes due to fears of looting, even with the danger of a nor'easter on the horizon.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/06/14...
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

former res wrote:
Hundreds of families on the south shore of Staten Island, one of the areas hardest hit by Superstorm Sandy, have received more than enough donations of most kinds of clothing but are in desperate need of underwear, the borough president said Tuesday.
"What we do need right now ... is underwear. Undergarments for children and adults," Staten Island Borough President James Molinaro told "Good Day New York," a local TV program on Fox. "That's what we need. That's what we're in desperate need of."
"It's like a third world nation," he said of the destruction on the island's south shore.
Donation centers have had to stop taking shirts and pants because of a deluge of those items, Molinaro added. "I have a warehouse full of clothing," he said.
----------
Molinaro added that many families are refusing to leave their damaged homes due to fears of looting, even with the danger of a nor'easter on the horizon.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/06/14...
I bought socks and donated them. I guess it was a good call.(donating my own socks was out of the question)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought socks and donated them. I guess it was a good call.(donating my own socks was out of the question)
Winds will be picking up tomorrow around here and I can't get a hold of the tree guy who still hasn't sent me his insurance papers. Tree was going to get get tomorrow. Now, I'm not so sure :-(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Correction: Tree was going to get CUT tomorrow
jeffry helms

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

well if the sephardic/ashakenai foreign nationalist orgnanized drug fronts keeping pumping out zombie hiv/hpv/std babies we are all going to be homeless!! better buy a double rack mountain bike and saddle bags!! well all sitting traffic with loaded shotguns.
jeffry helms

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

jeffry helms wrote:
well if the sephardic/ashakenai foreign nationalist orgnanized drug fronts keeping pumping out zombie hiv/hpv/std babies we are all going to be homeless!! better buy a double rack mountain bike and saddle bags!! well all sitting traffic with loaded shotguns.
and the grounding basis for all this mess in our state??? the "wash narcotic money in real estate" rackets.
mainly generally run by latino ashakenazi's wannabe's, some say latino ashakenazi are sephardic right?? well they got white names and are classifed as white therefore they are white, and they get to perpetrate poison,plague and treachery in our nation, i guarantee you guys won't be worrying about the messianic jews in israel, you'll be worrying about foreign organized drug front sephardic ashakenazi negro and asian and mayan aztec with a firearm trying to get std meds for his family, do you think he going to watch his kids die?? and do nothing???you guys know full well drugs cause the behavior that spreads the std, so even if we had a cure the "behavior" would increase the spread due to the fact people would be less likely to wear protection.-- which is whats happening now and china really "shanghi'ed" the planet with the meds--they got the patent on hiv meds and looks like they are now pulling alot of strings, i personally like the chinese they make the right decision and accept american standards and values.
jeffry helms

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

jeffry helms wrote:
that real estate has got to go back into the state of california's net wealth for std meds ,healthcare etc. REGARDLESS ON WHO OWNS IT--they sold out our state and made too many head aches and heartaches for any one state to handle, our state should be rolling we are in DEBT!!! The real estate shift will smooth things out for awhile??--

Since: Sep 11

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

well... they can't afford the real estate prices here
jeffry helms

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

jeffry helms wrote:
<quoted text>that real estate has got to go back into the state of california's net wealth for std meds ,healthcare etc. REGARDLESS ON WHO OWNS IT--they sold out our state and made too many head aches and heartaches for any one state to handle, our state should be rolling we are in DEBT!!! The real estate shift will smooth things out for awhile??--
when the greasy green hpv lumps start showing up when its mixed with low immune hiv infection, IT AIN'T NICE!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

jeffry helms wrote:
<quoted text>when the greasy green hpv lumps start showing up when its mixed with low immune hiv infection, IT AIN'T NICE!
California will never come out of poverty.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Lecture 6 The Practical Aspects of His Life and its Practicality Part-37

Mercy to Whole Creations:

He was a mercy to the whole creation. It grieved him to see people suffering. It was extremely painful for him to see people rejecting the Truth and insisting stubbornly on living in sin. He only wished their well-being. It is his ardent love and sympathy for mankind that forces him to preach and call them to the service of one God and live a God-conscious life.

He is extremely kind to those who accept his call. This verse is a proof that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was a well-wisher of mankind in general, and loving and kind to the believers in particular. That is the heavenly evidence in favour of his noble conduct.

The holy Quran is the heavenly Book. It is the word of God, revealed to His last Prophet, for the guidance of mankind. It contains the commandments of Allah and His instructions for the benefit of all mankind. Indeed, the holy Prophet’s life is the holy Quran in practice. Whatever instructions and commandments of Allah were sent down, being His Messenger he was the first to obey. He practised them while he preached them.

Actions speaks louder than words:

Declaration of Faith in the Oneness of God, Salat (five time obligatory prayer), Fasting, Hajj, Zakat, spending on the needy and destitute, fighting in the path of Allah, self-sacrifice, steadfastness, fortitude, patience, thanks-giving and other principles of good moral behavior that he taught, he first demonstrated through personal example.

His life became an embodiment of what had been revealed for human guidance in the holy Quran. It is related that when some of his companions asked his wife Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with them all) about the holy Prophet’s practice and his character, she asked them whether they had not read the Quran. His life was a complete reflection of the Quran.

The holy Quran is words while the holy Prophet’s life is its interpretation in practice. No one can ever know a man’s morals, his habits and behaviour better than his wife. When Prophet Muhammad proclaimed to be Allah’s Prophet, he had been married to Khadija (May Allah be pleased with her) for fifteen years.

This is long enough for one to know each other’s nature, temperament and behaviour fully well. This knowledge had certainly left its mark on Khadija s heart. The moment he told her about his Prophethood, she wholeheartedly believed him and supported him. When the Prophet expressed his worry and distress because of the immense burden of his mission, she reassured him saying:

“O Prophet of Allah, Allah will never abandon you because you always treat your kin fairly and kindly, you help people to pay their debts, you help the poor, you are hospitable to your guests, you always support what is right, and help the people in distress.”(Al-Bukhari)

(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They wont fit any human feet?

Just Joking!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min positronium 1,095,458
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 176,729
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min _Zoey_ 4,631
Word (Dec '08) 25 min _Zoey_ 4,626
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 27 min _Zoey_ 7,732
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 29 min Its me Albie 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Zap Brannigan 97,773

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••