Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,008
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42896 Nov 6, 2012
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...

But Mr. Romney’s chances of winning the Electoral College have slipped, and are now only about 8 percent according to the forecast model — down from about 30 percent 10 days ago.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42897 Nov 6, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So, your point? The paper backed Obama in 2008. Zuckerman is a Democrat. Perhaps reality has set in, along with a dozen other major newspapers that previously support Obama.
"The presidential imperative of the times is to energize the economy and get deficits under control to empower the working and middle classes to again enjoy the fruits of an ascendant America.
“So the News is compelled to stand with Romney.”
People have a right to change their minds. Right or wrong.

What specicially would Romney do to "energize the economy?"

He's been a little short on specifics.

Any idea how he will offset the $5 trillion in tax cuts?

Why the big secret?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42898 Nov 6, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
Rudy Guiliani defends Michael Bloomberg for handling of crisis. FEMA response feeble at best. With 5 days advance warning, why didn't FEMA have water supplies stationed nearby, same with gasoline trucks? In other words, FEMA dropped the ball again.
More BS.

Bloomburg and governors were offered whatever they wanted ahead of time.

Seriously. He really did this with a hurricane barreling towards the Northeast that forecasts now indicate will produce 10-20 ft. waves in New York City on top of the higher water we can already expect. President Obama directed FEMA Director Craig Fugate to call Mayor Bloomberg earlier in the day to offer assistance. Governor Cuomo had asked for FEMA aid. Bloomberg said thanks, but no thanks. He said we had what we needed.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/27/1151...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42899 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, none of the Quebecans in my neighborhood have that sticker.
I just found out that in my parents neighborhood one of their neighbors fled the night after the storm, to return to find out someone had burglarized his house.
I also found out that the Quebecans were working the night shift and sleeping it off at the Hyatt Regency. nice. Hope they used the jacuzzi.
Great breakfast buffet!

We've stayed there a few times.

If you combine the weekend special with a AAA discount, it's a good deal. With breakfast included.

Self-parking in the back used to be free - now they even charge for that.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42900 Nov 6, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
Power was restored this morning. I'm back in business, baby.
Congratulations!
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42901 Nov 6, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Recover at least some of the cost by selling the wood for furniture.
Is it true your people make excellent furniture but have no sex?

And you dance funny?

I may have you confused....
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42902 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got back from donating clothing to the relief effort headed down to Staten Island. From what I can see, there was a pretty hefty response.
That's great.

I also heard they needs lots of trash bags.

Unfortunately.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42903 Nov 6, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Great breakfast buffet!
We've stayed there a few times.
If you combine the weekend special with a AAA discount, it's a good deal. With breakfast included.
Self-parking in the back used to be free - now they even charge for that.
It would be a little weird paying to stay there considering I live less than a mile from there but I will check out their breakfast. I have been in that building maybe twice in my life, and pass by it probably at least twice a day.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42904 Nov 6, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great.
I also heard they needs lots of trash bags.
Unfortunately.
I'm kind of troubled by the whole coordinated response issue. It is Red Cross that traditionally does this, but the residents were complaining about neglect, so they put out a plea so some of our local synagogues and churches responded.
Voluntarist

United States

#42906 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this for a fact. Your fantasy interpretation does not stand up in a court of law. And ultimately, that is what matters, not your hot air.
No, applicability of the law matters, without it the court has no jurisdiction.
Voluntarist

United States

#42907 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should bring that up. These are trees that are in most likelihood in the town right of way, once/if I can convince them of that.
Best price would be FREE (your taxes)
Luckily i don't pay car tax or property tax, although you can argue if I rent then a portion of that goes to pay taxes.
Voluntarist

United States

#42908 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and yes, the first death due to tree cutting cutting...http://www.stamforda dvocate.com/news/article/Man-d ies-in-tree-cutting-accident-d uring-Sandy-4008930.php
Just wait until we get the first accident due to incompetence with a tree chipper
make sure your guy is insured - on my parents block someone got killed a few years ago, and another house down the block had a tree fall on it during removal.
Well if you hire someone that is licensed by government you will pay more, enjoy it.
Voluntarist

United States

#42909 Nov 6, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
asked and answered
love it or leave it
You didn't give me any facts all you did is blab about the "people if Connecticut " with no other facts supporting your position that I am allegedly a subject in regards t these people.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42910 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a little weird paying to stay there considering I live less than a mile from there but I will check out their breakfast. I have been in that building maybe twice in my life, and pass by it probably at least twice a day.
Makes for a very impressive date night. Lots of brownie points ;-)
Voluntarist

United States

#42911 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean up your yard it looks like shit, get out and vote for violence.
There is an old black man with a Pollard sign out front without a clue.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42912 Nov 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you hire someone that is licensed by government you will pay more, enjoy it.
Once again you enter an area you obviously know nothing about.

There is no correlation between price and Licensing. A CT arborist license is about $120, renewable every three years or so. The gatekeeping into the profession is the certification exam (and Continuing Ed units), not the licensing fees.

The real difference in fees is between the insured and the uninsured businesses, and that IS buyer beware, b/c as a homeowner you are personally liable if your uninsured worker screws up.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42913 Nov 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily i don't pay car tax or property tax, although you can argue if I rent then a portion of that goes to pay taxes.
Thank Goddess they dont let you drive.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42914 Nov 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of licensed professions in CT have a very minor fee. Even the annual LLC renewal fee is less than $200.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42915 Nov 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean up your yard it looks like shit, get out and vote for violence.
Too late. I mowed the lawn (hopefully for the last time this season) yesterday and did the leaves the day before.

I voted YES on every item asking for expansion of government, except one, which I chose not to vote because I havent been folowing the issue (Fire)
seasidesoon

United States

#42916 Nov 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have to ask yourself which network is promoting the response as a fiasco. Its not going to be CNN or MSNBC.
CBS very rightwing. They've also discovered benghazi. Wowser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 3 min Le Jimbo 13
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Smart Alex 1,153,720
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Sunshine 181,786
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Mister Tonka 98,843
Amy 12-19 20 min pde 9
abby 12-19 1 hr Sublime1 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr not a ghost 357
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance