Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,061 - 39,080 of 68,375 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
In my limited experience, they tend to beat their own estimates.
Fingers crossed.
That really isnt an estimate though. Back on Tuesday morning, at a press conference, when pressed for an estimate (but before the damage assessment was completed) they threw that date out into the air. Then they crystalized it as gospel moving forward, without bothering to fine tune it according to neighborhoods.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
My brother, a Fox watcher, is echoing that already tired rant about "If Obama wins, it's because of the Hurricane."
Did Katrina help W's legacy? I don't think so.
How about Obama's RESPONSE has helped him, not the event itself.
Geeze!
Hey, if Mitt was the fixer he claimed he was, he would of found a way to work over it.

If Obama wins, it will probably because he was always in the lead (Debunking the notion of Mittmentum)
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
In fainess the Squeegie guys are pretty annoying.
I remember driving into the city in the 70s (as a kid with mom and dad) and them coming up and putting dirty water on the windshield.
And there were stories that if you didn't pay them they would scratch your car.
You obsiously get more NYC news up there than I get down here. so I will defer.
I agree - I didnt mean to use that as proof for anything - just a recollection of the good ole days.

I also remember (farther back)- school trips to Broadway and sneaking away to buy fake IDs in Time Square; homeless peeing everywhere; and general paranoa about being a white boy from the burbs and attracting muggers...Oh - the good ole days
FakeJewZioNAQZI

Cresco, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, if Mitt was the fixer he claimed he was, he would of found a way to work over it.
If Obama wins, it will probably because he was always in the lead (Debunking the notion of Mittmentum)
Oh if you only had a brain!!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
She was being sarcastic.
Sadly, in this political climate, it doesnt come off that way.
Well, that's a relief. I think you had lost it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You do see the irony? Dollars, human expertise, and technology, all together, all to tell you the same thing regardless
I find it totally patronizing.

Someone posted on CL&P's Facebook page the following:

"You get an A for having live people answer your phone. You get an F for making them completely worthless"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
In my limited experience, they tend to beat their own estimates.
Fingers crossed.
Their original estimate had me restored last Thursday. So much for that theory?

;-)
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

pretty scary stuff

Mitt Romney on Climate Change
http://www.sciencedebate.org/debate12/

I am not a scientist myself, but my best assessment of the data is that the world is getting warmer, that human activity contributes to that warming, and that policymakers should therefore consider the risk of negative consequences.

However, there remains a lack of scientific consensus on the issue — on the extent of the warming, the extent of the human contribution, and the severity of the risk — and I believe we must support continued debate and investigation within the scientific community.

Ultimately, the science is an input to the public policy decision; it does not dictate a particular policy response. President Obama has taken the view that if global warming is occurring, the American response must be to slash carbon dioxide emissions by imposing enormous costs on the U.S. economy....
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it totally patronizing.
Someone posted on CL&P's Facebook page the following:
"You get an A for having live people answer your phone. You get an F for making them completely worthless"
Speaking of worthless....3 weeks ago we lost our phone service (Truck hit pole up the block). And I discovered it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of a phone company human via phone. Hello! they are the phone company!

I finally had to google to find a website that specialized in hidden backdoor phone numbers for instances just like this.

And then they tried to sell me on swtiching to their fibre optics. I was tangentially interested, but I told them I would get back to them once my phone was restored. So the lady told me she didnt have a phone number to call her back - could I please call her supervisor and leave a message? So three days later I did - and no one returned the message to get back to me. So I tried again. Still no response. Unbelievable. The PHONE company!
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, if Mitt was the fixer he claimed he was, he would of found a way to work over it.
And if Obama loses, which is looking less likely, were I him - I'd always think back to that first debate.

They truly weren't ready for the forceful stream of BS emanating from Mitt on that stage.

Combined with the notion to appear "presidential." He should have adapted.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That really isnt an estimate though. Back on Tuesday morning, at a press conference, when pressed for an estimate (but before the damage assessment was completed) they threw that date out into the air. Then they crystalized it as gospel moving forward, without bothering to fine tune it according to neighborhoods.
I see.

I just know when I call our provider and get a recorded time estimate - it's always pessimistic.

Guess they'd rather have pleasantly surprised than the other way around.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Their original estimate had me restored last Thursday. So much for that theory?
;-)
I did say "in my LIMITED experience." (Sorry to be wrong, for your sake.)

Someone said they could make the grid hurricane-proof but then nobody could afford electricity.

Just found out my uncle in Nyack was without power for 5 days.

He plans on going shopping for a big natural gas powered generator when this is all over.

He's throwing out all his rotten food today.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/opi nion/choice-america-future-mit t-romney-article-1.1196299
Gee, if Obama can't even hold New York....
This paper is owned by Mort Zuckerman, not a big Obama fan.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again a lawyer that can't point to any facts.
From the Hobbs wiki;
the view that all legitimate
political power must be "representative" and based on the
consent of the people;
I don't consent.
No one cares if YOU consent. You are not people (plural). You are person. The PEOPLE of CT (plural) have consented. You have therefore acquiesced.

Love it or leave it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
pretty scary stuff
Mitt Romney on Climate Change
http://www.sciencedebate.org/debate12/
I am not a scientist myself, but my best assessment of the data is that the world is getting warmer, that human activity contributes to that warming, and that policymakers should therefore consider the risk of negative consequences.
However, there remains a lack of scientific consensus on the issue — on the extent of the warming, the extent of the human contribution, and the severity of the risk — and I believe we must support continued debate and investigation within the scientific community.
Ultimately, the science is an input to the public policy decision; it does not dictate a particular policy response. President Obama has taken the view that if global warming is occurring, the American response must be to slash carbon dioxide emissions by imposing enormous costs on the U.S. economy....
rabbee: you tick G-D off enough, and you are liable to get your global behind warmed. no matter how much, science chooses to lie about it. with lies only resulting, in more hell and death sent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This paper is owned by Mort Zuckerman, not a big Obama fan.
So, your point? The paper backed Obama in 2008. Zuckerman is a Democrat. Perhaps reality has set in, along with a dozen other major newspapers that previously support Obama.

"The presidential imperative of the times is to energize the economy and get deficits under control to empower the working and middle classes to again enjoy the fruits of an ascendant America.

“So the News is compelled to stand with Romney.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Rudy Guiliani defends Michael Bloomberg for handling of crisis. FEMA response feeble at best. With 5 days advance warning, why didn't FEMA have water supplies stationed nearby, same with gasoline trucks? In other words, FEMA dropped the ball again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say "in my LIMITED experience." (Sorry to be wrong, for your sake.)
Someone said they could make the grid hurricane-proof but then nobody could afford electricity.
Just found out my uncle in Nyack was without power for 5 days.
He plans on going shopping for a big natural gas powered generator when this is all over.
He's throwing out all his rotten food today.
Woohoo...Crew from Oklahoma is on my street now working on it.

The irony is that they have a big decal on their trucks that says "Jesus is Lord". Shouln't it at least say "Jesus is the 'Light'".:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of worthless....3 weeks ago we lost our phone service (Truck hit pole up the block). And I discovered it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of a phone company human via phone. Hello! they are the phone company!
I finally had to google to find a website that specialized in hidden backdoor phone numbers for instances just like this.
And then they tried to sell me on swtiching to their fibre optics. I was tangentially interested, but I told them I would get back to them once my phone was restored. So the lady told me she didnt have a phone number to call her back - could I please call her supervisor and leave a message? So three days later I did - and no one returned the message to get back to me. So I tried again. Still no response. Unbelievable. The PHONE company!
But according to ATF, the free market is soooo efficient and companies will always do the right thing.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
Rudy Guiliani defends Michael Bloomberg for handling of crisis. FEMA response feeble at best. With 5 days advance warning, why didn't FEMA have water supplies stationed nearby, same with gasoline trucks? In other words, FEMA dropped the ball again.
Five days before the storm noone knew which track it was to take.

Also, it sped up after the turn to the east, which was not anticipated.

Its easy for you armchair quaterback from your spot in Georgia.
These are basic facts that everyone here in the NE knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,080,055
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Taeb 67,948
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 25 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 26 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 28 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 31 min Shari23 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 5 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 17 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••