Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,021 - 39,040 of 68,862 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as Messianic Jews...doesn't exsist. The Law Code is over in place of the New Covanent....LOVE. You arenot persecuted, you jokers have American weapons....your GOD is AMERICA......Jews shouldnot have a country.....Palastinians have been on the land LONGER than Jews.
I believe we'd call this a 'non sequitur.'

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
???
:)) I read WH gets personal delivery. Could just be a silly rumor though. Who knows?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I've discovered that I can have very heated discussions with people about politics and religion and part friends. I simply refrain from phrasing my argument with 'you'.:)
Right.

You called our president "clueless" and then I called you clueless.

And truly, which is more likely to be true?

:)))
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

President Obama — who has battled accusations that he is insufficiently committed to the U.S. relationship with Israel — locks down the endorsement of that country's left-of center newspaper.

In an editorial, the paper calls Obama "good for Israel" and writes:

Obama continued this two-way track vis-a-vis Iran and the issue of Palestinian statehood. Under his pressure, Israel suspended for the first time - for a while - construction in the settlements. Relations between the two countries' armed forces have never been so close. Obama's challenge in his second term, if he wins the elections, is to lead the region to a stable arrangement of peace and security.

The outcome of the elections will be determined by the voters' decision as to which of the two candidates is good for America. But if any of them are vacillating in their vote over whether Obama has been a good president for Israel, the answer is yes.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/ha...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

The Salt Lake Tribune, paper of record in the heart of Mormon territory, has endorsed President Barack Obama.

The Salt Lake Trib endorsed Obama in 2008 as well, but given Mitt Romney's Mormon faith, as well as his role in the 2002 Winter Olympics, there was a reasonable expecation that the editorial board might lean the other way.

(PHOTOS: Newspapers' endorsements)

The board notes these allegiances -- "[Romney's] head for business and the bottom line all inspire admiration and hope in our largely Mormon, Republican, business-friendly state" -- and they celebrate his "singular role in rescuing Utah’s organization of the 2002 Olympics from a cesspool of scandal."

But:

[This] is not the only Romney, as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"

The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.

More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/s...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
The Salt Lake Tribune, paper of record in the heart of Mormon territory, has endorsed President Barack Obama.
The Salt Lake Trib endorsed Obama in 2008 as well, but given Mitt Romney's Mormon faith, as well as his role in the 2002 Winter Olympics, there was a reasonable expecation that the editorial board might lean the other way.
The board notes these allegiances -- "[Romney's] head for business and the bottom line all inspire admiration and hope in our largely Mormon, Republican, business-friendly state" -- and they celebrate his "singular role in rescuing Utah’s organization of the 2002 Olympics from a cesspool of scandal."
But:
[This] is not the only Romney, as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"
The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.
More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs....
Yes? Des Moines Register endorses Romney. Left spin: So what - no one pays attention to print journalism anyway. Salt Lake Tribune endorses Obama. Left spin: This is gospel.(well, probably not their preferred terminology..)

Note that Romney has always stated that there are parts of Obamacare worth keeping. Your pundit didn't do his research, or at least didn't incorporate it in the article as it wouldn't highlight his point of view.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most intoxicants, weed is overrated. I barely even drink these days.
I like Castro. One of the best greeting card shops ever!
Also Finochios (female impersonators) was there forever but it now gone; and the show Beach Blanket Babyon; and of course the Alcatraz - very cool. Muir Woods! And driving our Mazda Miata rental through Sonoma Valley/Wine coutry. Great area. Oh - and North Beach..
did you have any fun there/ I was onlyt here once and loved the place
Beautiful area, Carmel, Marin. My sister still lives out there. I feel like it's my other home, but it's been quite a few years since I've been there. My brother was stationed at the Presidio back when I lived there before he went overseas.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
But:
The race is over. 538 (Nate Silver) projected 83% likelihood of Obama win - 16% Romney win, and explained and accounted for all bias and error to make his conclusion.

Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes? Des Moines Register endorses Romney. Left spin: So what - no one pays attention to print journalism anyway. Salt Lake Tribune endorses Obama. Left spin: This is gospel.(well, probably not their preferred terminology..)
Note that Romney has always stated that there are parts of Obamacare worth keeping. Your pundit didn't do his research, or at least didn't incorporate it in the article as it wouldn't highlight his point of view.
It is true that the paper is center-left. Calling it liberal is a stretch - this IS Utah you know. It is also true they endorsed Obama last time.

But it is also true Utah is the home of the Mormons, and if Mitt cant get that vote lockeck up, what can he do? He cant even get his home state of Mass, where a couple of his wifes Cadillacs are registered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
My sis got her power back last night.
She said high percentage of NY/NJ plates in the gas lines.
I said go further away from I-95 to get gas - maybe shorter lines. she said yeah, cos cob gas stations a little better.
I saw the Quebec electric trucks leave her neighborhood this morning.(I live very nearby)
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I never understood the Rudy worship around 9/11. I may have missed it. he was an effective mayor overall from what I saw. He really rose to attention prior to all that for his crime fighting/law and order.
Shorly before 9/11 Koch gave an interview where he said "Dinkins was a good man but a bad mayor and Rudy was a bad man but a good mayor." I paraphrase but it sounded about right..
Rudy is a flame thrower and as Rosie O'donnle says, looks like a Pez dispensor.
I can't look at him now without thinking that.
NYC needed a strong leader to deal with the aftermath and Rudy stepped into the shoes. He wasnt just strong, either, he was rational, balanced, knew exactly what to say when - very presidential...I am not a fan of the guy overall but I will be the first to say he was a great and possibly historic leader for those weeks.

Before that he was very law and order - but pissed off alot of people in his way with his pettiness and vindictiveness.

Remember the War Against Squeegee Men?
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
President Obama — who has battled accusations that he is insufficiently committed to the U.S. relationship with Israel — locks down the endorsement of that country's left-of center newspaper.
In an editorial, the paper calls Obama "good for Israel" and writes:
Obama continued this two-way track vis-a-vis Iran and the issue of Palestinian statehood. Under his pressure, Israel suspended for the first time - for a while - construction in the settlements. Relations between the two countries' armed forces have never been so close. Obama's challenge in his second term, if he wins the elections, is to lead the region to a stable arrangement of peace and security.
The outcome of the elections will be determined by the voters' decision as to which of the two candidates is good for America. But if any of them are vacillating in their vote over whether Obama has been a good president for Israel, the answer is yes.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/ha...
When relations were souring between Netanyahu and Obama due to some statements Netanyahu was making - the armed forces leadership elite (who arguably hold the highest status in the country)took Netanyahu aside and asked him WHY he was trying to piss off their strongest ally and friend. Israelis are not all stupid. Shortly afterwords, Netanyahu blinked and pulled himself off from the brink.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The race is over. 538 (Nate Silver) projected 83% likelihood of Obama win - 16% Romney win, and explained and accounted for all bias and error to make his conclusion.
Nate didn't take into account my sister (in a swing state). Voted for Obama last time, Romney now. There's a lot of that going on and not the other way around. Obama will get his '47' percent, higher in the solid blues, but less in those swing states.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When relations were souring between Netanyahu and Obama due to some statements Netanyahu was making - the armed forces leadership elite (who arguably hold the highest status in the country)took Netanyahu aside and asked him WHY he was trying to piss off their strongest ally and friend. Israelis are not all stupid. Shortly afterwords, Netanyahu blinked and pulled himself off from the brink.
http://www.algemeiner.com/2012 /11/01/report-exit-polls-show- 85-for-romney-14-for-obama-amo ng-israeli-voters/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

iVoteIsrael released the results of its voter exit poll today and the results were decidedly in Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s favor. 85% of those who cast absentee ballots for the upcoming presidential election said they did so for Romney while only 14% voted for the incumbent, President Barack Obama. 0.6% said that they voted for another candidate. In the key battleground states of Florida and Ohio Romney also beat Obama by a wide margin taking 84.8% to Obama’s 15.1% in the former, and 85.8% to Obama’s 18.1% in the latter state. To the question “What is the most important issue to you in these elections?” 11.2% said jobs and the economy, 2.7% said healthcare, 11.2% said Iran, 0.9% said taxation, 61.3% said Israel-related issues such as the status of Jerusalem and Palestinians and 10% said other.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hom my father in law and Gary Johnson desccribe the party.
In my experience though, they're just Conservative Republicans who don't want to pay their taxes.
"their taxes"

see "owning an IRS lawyer"
Government never relies on facts.

The income tax is the interest payment to the private federal reserve, the IRS is the collection arm.
public money vs. private credit

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/choice-ame...

Gee, if Obama can't even hold New York....
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
NYC needed a strong leader to deal with the aftermath and Rudy stepped into the shoes. He wasnt just strong, either, he was rational, balanced, knew exactly what to say when - very presidential...I am not a fan of the guy overall but I will be the first to say he was a great and possibly historic leader for those weeks.
Before that he was very law and order - but pissed off alot of people in his way with his pettiness and vindictiveness.
Remember the War Against Squeegee Men?
Rudy did a very fine job of scooping up those bodies and dumping them in the land fill, now they can be proudly laid in asphalt.
He also did a very fine job of evacuating himself out of the area after "he was told the buildings were going to collapse ".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
You still havent learn to read other posts yet before you open your flapper, have you?
Must be a robo-troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 23 at 1:28PM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••