Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,949)

Showing posts 38,961 - 38,980 of64,896
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
No flooding damage, just a lot of downed trees. Beaches are still blocked off to cars, but not much to see other than parking lots buried in sand.
They finally cleared the tree off the wires on my street this morning. Hopefully, that's a sign that they will be repairing soon. Supposed to get in the 30's tonight.
rabbee: so sandy lived up, to her name? and sand you, a message? sanding on, your own two feet? sandy-claws, came to town?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so sandy lived up, to her name? and sand you, a message? sanding on, your own two feet? sandy-claws, came to town?
Very punny.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Very punny.
rabbee: well if you, can't run it in then humbly punt.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked on HOme depot site.
I bet those big ones installed are upwards of $10K from what I saw.
Then it's basically seamless from power to back-up. and you can even run your central air.
They even test themselves monthly to make sure they still work.
Part of the issue is that the prices are very variable, once you take into account installation, permits, and demand. I have heard quotes from 5 to 25k.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah many (depending where one lives) are natural gas-powered too.
And sis told me they cut off the gas in parts of town. so as not to end up like Queens. bubbles/fires
guess the only thing you can rely on is your own supply of wood or coal
The old types of wood burners are now banned here.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The old types of wood burners are now banned here.
Say hello to Nanny when you see him. ;)
david

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

UticaSux wrote:
Hmmm
i am a christian. And i feel the same thing. I don't like anybody messing with my faith. So I am giving them the same break. It's cruel when someone messes with matters of faith.

Since: Feb 08

Kagoshima, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Now We Believe That Japanese Imperial Clan Is Jews

http://book.geocities.jp/japan_conspiracy/010...

And unfortunately, the rest of the Japanese are actually slaves who are completely under the mind control.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Eliezer wrote:
Some messianic "Jews" may have been born to Jewish mothers, hence that would make them technically Jewish. But their hodge podge of Christianity with a slight seasoning of Judaism can hardly be called "Jewish", and certainly not a part of Judaism. They are practicing Christian evangelism, and trying to paint it as being Jewish.
We in Israel are NOT the US, nor should we be judged by US laws and values. We also aren't Saudi Arabia or some other backward Arab country. We ARE a Jewish State, founded as a homeland for the Jewish people. We should be allowed to determine for ourselves whether we want to be forced to allow evangelical Christians, proseletising Muslems, adamant Buddhists, or any other religion to attempt to convert our people. We tolerate and even support normative Christian and Muslim practice here, but trying to convert Jews to other religions in our homeland would be not far from kidnapping the Pope in Rome, and forcing him to pray 5 times a day to Allah.

That said, a bomb is NOT an acceptable tool in any form of religious debate, no matte who's side I'm on. The perpetrators should be prosecuted, and the penalty is stiff here (western style). But keep these christian fanatics claiming to be jews away, we don't need them.
Ans.

I think you make the same mistake as so many people do. They consider religion as a sort of label that is posted on the forehead of a person when he or she is born.

In reality a man becomes a member of any religious group when he or she acts according to the tenets of that religion.

A Messianic Jew is not who is born of a certain group of male and female. A messianic Jew is one who believes that Jesus was a Messiah and he also follows the Law of Moses.

A Messianic Jew is therefore True Jew and a True Christian merged into one.

This is the Qualitative definition of a Messianic Jew as per my limited understanding, then you can always say that I am a Novice in these matters.

May be I am!!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Eric wrote:
I gave them to you. Fundamental law of nature says that people are to seek peace. When they are unable to do that on their own, that man must be willing to lay down the right to all things, and be content with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow other men against himself. The laying down of those rights is the formation of government. Read Hobbes sometime.

The people of the US said that they were lay down some of their rights to create a limited central government reserving to themselves all other power. The people of CT utilized those reserved rights to create a very unlimited form of government by a vote of the people. They reserved to themselves the authority to amend that government.
Ans.

I say that you spoke a very fundamental truth here… that people agree to "give away a part of their rights" to form a nation and / or a society.

That is the fundamental truth, no human society can exist where there is "absolute freedom" for thoughts and actions. There has to be a limit on them.

And what holds true for a nation also holds true for every religion. To give up a part of your freedom to align yourself with the teachings of a religion is what makes you member of that religious group.

How strange is that same people justify "surrender of their rights" to form a nation and then they "ridicule" the idea why religions asks people to surrender the same!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I think you make the same mistake as so many people do. They consider religion as a sort of label that is posted on the forehead of a person when he or she is born.
In reality a man becomes a member of any religious group when he or she acts according to the tenets of that religion.
A Messianic Jew is not who is born of a certain group of male and female. A messianic Jew is one who believes that Jesus was a Messiah and he also follows the Law of Moses.
A Messianic Jew is therefore True Jew and a True Christian merged into one.
This is the Qualitative definition of a Messianic Jew as per my limited understanding, then you can always say that I am a Novice in these matters.
May be I am!!
There is no such thing as a Messianic Jew. The Law of Moses doesn't count. Jesus instituted the NEW Covanant, to love. Cornilious was the first Gentile to join the 1st century christians.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Gee - I wonder if Mayor Bloomberg has any credibility outside the Northeast....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nyc-mar...

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/11...

I would think common decency would dictate getting the dead people and animals taken care of before having a marathon. Bloomberg has a serious emotional disconnect - at least he caved on this ludicrous idea (probably for the wrong reasons.)

SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking, "Who the hell cares about Benghazi right now?"
And then I read this, and now I understand why you are obsessed with this issue.
It isn't really your fault.
Simple solution: Stop watching Fox News!
Carry on.
No, it's not my fault. It's the fault of my father, brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins, classmates and friends who serve or served in the military. I'm from that generation of draft-dodgers and people who spit on those returning from Vietnam - those who hid out in college or Canada - and I repudiate them and all those milktoast cowards who cut and run. I don't have a problem with deferrments - not everyone is suited to the military, but don't spit on our military.

And don't sit in the White House, watch the action and go to bed to be well rested for a campaign fundraiser in Vegas. Do your job man - for once. The guy is basically out of his league, clueless, and a narcissist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not my fault. It's the fault of my father, brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins, classmates and friends who serve or served in the military. I'm from that generation of draft-dodgers and people who spit on those returning from Vietnam - those who hid out in college or Canada - and I repudiate them and all those milktoast cowards who cut and run. I don't have a problem with deferrments - not everyone is suited to the military, but don't spit on our military.
And don't sit in the White House, watch the action and go to bed to be well rested for a campaign fundraiser in Vegas. Do your job man - for once. The guy is basically out of his league, clueless, and a narcissist.
Anyone who serves in the military....AND fights far from home is FOOLISH. Iraq was a disaster, 1.5 trillion dollars on credit. We lost Vietnam after killing 4 million Vietnamese......How can any soldier (NOT HERO) be proud of that?? We are a sick war obsessed nation who spends more on our military than the whole world combined. We forgot our greatest resource...Americans......
.........You set your view of draft dodgers....THEY DID RIGHT....Dumb Tool
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a Messianic Jew. The Law of Moses doesn't count. Jesus instituted the NEW Covanant, to love. Cornilious was the first Gentile to join the 1st century christians.
rabbee: oh come on! all of the multitudes that followed Moshe, were all a messianic congregation. they have always been waiting for, either a messiah or HaMosheeach. even when they waited, for a deliverer to slay Goleeath.

stupid democrats! have always expected, someone else to do it all for them. if it was not for the macabees, they might still be under pagan greek rule. oh! wait a minute, i think they sill are under pagan rule. cause they still do not, really believe in HaShem G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not my fault. It's the fault of my father, brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins, classmates and friends who serve or served in the military. I'm from that generation of draft-dodgers and people who spit on those returning from Vietnam - those who hid out in college or Canada - and I repudiate them and all those milktoast cowards who cut and run. I don't have a problem with deferrments - not everyone is suited to the military, but don't spit on our military.
rabbee: yeah i guess we know, what happened when Daveed did once, what obama is doing.

and i don't think, it would of been funny. and go ahead and let them give me a gold star, for being reported as killed in action either. i said, "no! man, give me with a purple heart instead."

i preferred nobody, really knew what really happened that oct 10 1967. how do your explain, i was actually killed but got better. this after life experience, was a real hum-dinger. and how astonishing, it happened exactly the way G-D said it shall. wow talk about, amazing grace.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who serves in the military....AND fights far from home is FOOLISH. Iraq was a disaster, 1.5 trillion dollars on credit. We lost Vietnam after killing 4 million Vietnamese......How can any soldier (NOT HERO) be proud of that?? We are a sick war obsessed nation who spends more on our military than the whole world combined. We forgot our greatest resource...Americans......
.........You set your view of draft dodgers....THEY DID RIGHT....Dumb Tool
rabbee: sorry but you do not have a choice, should G-D command you to go to war. it's going to happen, whether your for or against it. and we lost the war, due to our waining disbelief in G-D. and is why the war, was commanded to happen should the woman chaooah not do. any thing that physically happens, is commanded by G-D. we are only in charge, of our mental happening. and our mental attitude toward G-D, determins what HE commands to physically happen. you have no idea, of the awesome power of G-D. you spent too much of your life, denying it here in TheHappening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

every breath i take, and every step i take has already been commaded by G-D. i could not deny this, any longer than i already did. with my life story already foretold, to happen here in TheStory of Creation again. with all of you and your grandmother of all, actually here in TheTorah. i have already been through this same story, with all of you and your grandmother twice before this time here in IT.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

this is like one of those stories about time loops. where nobody listens, to the one who becomes aware of it. so we are destined, to go through it again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: sorry but you do not have a choice, should G-D command you to go to war. it's going to happen, whether your for or against it. and we lost the war, due to our waining disbelief in G-D. and is why the war, was commanded to happen should the woman chaooah not do. any thing that physically happens, is commanded by G-D. we are only in charge, of our mental happening. and our mental attitude toward G-D, determins what HE commands to physically happen. you have no idea, of the awesome power of G-D. you spent too much of your life, denying it here in TheHappening.
You believe in FATE.....a philosophy invented in Athens, Greece. 1st Century. You don't believe in G-D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,961 - 38,980 of64,896
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Homer 1,033,280
jualanjerseybola 6 min ZakaMede1 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min edogxxx 95,964
Abby 4-16 14 min Mister Tonka 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,363
Amy 4-16 51 min squishymama 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Always Smile 4,019
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••