Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,946)

Showing posts 38,901 - 38,920 of68,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Which only goes to show the readership is not representative of the group. Guess, for Obama, that's a good thing.
Rush is upset about Christie's praising of Obama. Too bad. Chrisie said he was just telling the truth.
Guess that's not allowed.
Christie, although kind of a blowhard, has always been somewhat of an independent. His speech at the convention did Mitt no favors.

For the GOP sake I hope this is the beginning of a future rebellion.

Do you think Bloomberg carries any prestige or weight outside of our area?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
CT
Factually what is Connecticut?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave them to you. Fundamental law of nature says that people are to seek peace. When they are unable to do that on their own, that man must be willing to lay down the right to all things, and be content with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow other men against himself. The laying down of those rights is the formation of government. Read Hobbes sometime.
The people of the US said that they were lay down some of their rights to create a limited central government reserving to themselves all other power. The people of CT utilized those reserved rights to create a very unlimited form of government by a vote of the people. They reserved to themselves the authority to amend that government.
What facts do you rely on that I am one of "the people of Connecticut "?
dangyall

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

Jews don't preach ------

------ Most of us find it offensive and impolite.
Oh really? https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's ever driven or walked on a public road, he's relied on government services.
If he's ever used a bathroom tied to a municipal's waste treatment facility, he's relied on government services.
If he's ever taken a breath of fresh air or eaten food without getting sick, he's relied on government regulations that ensured the air he breaths or the food he eats is safe.
The Internet he uses to post huis drivel was invented by people working for the government (ARPA).
The electricity that allows him to run his computer is provided by government regulated utility companies.
etc, etc...
Yea, I would say he engages in society. If he were really to put his money where his mouth was, he would move to some isolated corner of Wyoming and live off the land.
I pay for services that I participate in, for you to use the word rely is disingenuous, I am not dependent on government.
Just because the government steals the money and makes a shitty sidewalk doesn't mean the private sector couldn't do the same thing.
But government hates competition, just look at the liberty dollar.
bitcoin is another example of what the private sector can accomplish.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay for services that I participate in, for you to use the word rely is disingenuous, I am not dependent on government.
Actually, you do rely. There are many services that government provides you that the private sector does not and/or could not do to the quality or scale required for you to maintain your lifestyle. Almost anything that requires high tech, or large coordination like infrastructure.

Stop deluding yourself.

Where I live the government has constructed quality sidewalks. You need to live in a better neighborhood.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is anyone here arguing for censorship? What veil do you speak of?

I beg your pardon, it was a miss reading, Eliezer makes very good sense, veils was what I was tracking, that's all.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link. Did you see the other videos on the page?
This one is also funny
Will The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I agree. I wish he wouldn't sing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie, although kind of a blowhard, has always been somewhat of an independent. His speech at the convention did Mitt no favors.
No.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so.

As much as most endorsements which most of the pundits don't think are worth much.

But I think he's a credible guy who's achieved much. Also Colin Powell should get some attention. His reasoning was equally thought provoking IMHO.

I'm cautiously optimistic.....read: nervous/scared as hell....ahhhhh 2004....please no!

:))

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

And this..

"In the midst of the storm hitting the East Coast, President Obama decided to campaign today, taking Air Force One to Florida last night. Once there, however, Obama changed his mind. Instead of campaigning, he delivered pizzas to an Obama campaign office - prompting one reporter, Bloomberg's Hans Nichols, to tweet: "Obama's 12 hour trip to Orlando.... Most expensive pizza delivery in history?"

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev...

Air Force One delivers pizzas to supporters, but screw those he's supposed to be commander-in-chief for. No support for those in Benghazi.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so.
As much as most endorsements which most of the pundits don't think are worth much.
But I think he's a credible guy who's achieved much. Also Colin Powell should get some attention. His reasoning was equally thought provoking IMHO.
I'm cautiously optimistic.....read: nervous/scared as hell....ahhhhh 2004....please no!
:))
Well, it some ways it is moot anyhow- NYTimes 538 still projects a healthy Obama lead. 538 is the only source I trust as it looks at the whole picture under every bias contingency.

If you believe in momentum - it is clear who has that right now, too.

We are too dazed with an overload of electioneering and storm response to nervous/scared. Even if Obama looses, it is clear that there is some type of long anticipated rebellion against the whackies in any case.

David Brooks - the last republican intellectual alive - today came out with an argument and tacit endorsement of Obama - though I dont think he intended it that way.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
And this..
"In the midst of the storm hitting the East Coast, President Obama decided to campaign today, taking Air Force One to Florida last night. Once there, however, Obama changed his mind. Instead of campaigning, he delivered pizzas to an Obama campaign office - prompting one reporter, Bloomberg's Hans Nichols, to tweet: "Obama's 12 hour trip to Orlando.... Most expensive pizza delivery in history?"
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev...
Air Force One delivers pizzas to supporters, but screw those he's supposed to be commander-in-chief for. No support for those in Benghazi.
Thats all politicking. You werent going to vote for him anyhow.

What really matters is storm response, and Chris Christie is unarguably the best objective arbitrator on that one.

Plus Brownie didnt do Romney any favors either. We in the storm zone are still chuckling over that one.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
And this..
Article in todays paper how the CIA was in action from the beginning. Thats probably the third article in three weeks on that theme.

Birtherism is alive and well.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I had thought there wasnt time left for major flip flopping , but apparently I was mistaken
----------

A Romney Travels to Russia, but on Strictly Friendly Terms

WASHINGTON — Matt Romney, a son of the Republican presidential nominee, traveled to Moscow this week seeking Russian investors for his California-based real estate firm just days before his father is to wrap up a campaign in which he has vowed to take a tougher stance with the Kremlin....

....His father has made Russia a centerpiece of his indictment of Mr. Obama, whose “reset” policy stabilized relations with Moscow after a rocky stretch only to see ties sour again with the return of Mr. Putin to the presidency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/02/us/politics...
xxaxa

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

sd
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Factually what is Connecticut?
It is Hobbes' Leviathan.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts do you rely on that I am one of "the people of Connecticut "?
Love it or leave it.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it some ways it is moot anyhow- NYTimes 538 still projects a healthy Obama lead. 538 is the only source I trust as it looks at the whole picture under every bias contingency.
If you believe in momentum - it is clear who has that right now, too.
We are too dazed with an overload of electioneering and storm response to nervous/scared. Even if Obama looses, it is clear that there is some type of long anticipated rebellion against the whackies in any case.
David Brooks - the last republican intellectual alive - today came out with an argument and tacit endorsement of Obama - though I dont think he intended it that way.
yess...this is the inside word, coming from both campaigns (pre Mark Halperin). Though I'm trying not to think about it or talk about it too much. I still know anything can happen. Election history is replete will elections where the results didn't jibe with the polling, just days before.

The NYT 538 - is that by chance Nate Silver?(Not familiar with that moniker.) A very bright sounding guy who has been on several talk shows recently. He said his folks got the restults correct in 49 of the states last election.

He also wrote a great article ccomparing NYC neighborhoods.(He lives in Brooklyn Heights)

http://nymag.com/realestate/neighborhoods/201...

Nate is all about data. It's what he does.
I too tend to trust his information. Cautiously that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,901 - 38,920 of68,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Garrison Koch 1,078,372
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min TRD 67,851
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 3 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000