Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,841 - 38,860 of 68,466 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you step on your tongue. I am only using your own statement and the printed text of the state constitution.
It was a typical response of a fundamentalist when cornered (in this case by himself). Change the goal posts and hope noone notices.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you step on your tongue. I am only using your own statement and the printed text of the state constitution.
Actually no, you stated that it is applicable I am asking you for the facts.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to discuss legal politics with the rest of us, you need to share our framework. Difference of opinion is ok, but there has to be some basic grounding as to what reality is.
What do you mean by legal politics? I am asking for facts not politics.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't sound like direct footage but more of link via a drone.
From what I remember at the time, it wasn't a clear picture of what was happening at all.
They were obviously watching something but mostly listening for updates.
This was my understanding and seems to be consistent with accounts.
Actually if you look close enough it appears to be a photo shopped photo.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not forcing an "argument"- I am forcing reality on you, courtesy of the US and CT constitutions
You have too choices
1)govt by distance
2) govt by local
Make your choice.
I'll take govt by local.
And precisely what or who is going to force me to agree to be politically ruled?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a typical response of a fundamentalist when cornered (in this case by himself). Change the goal posts and hope noone notices.
I don't stick by the constitution I never signed the document I am merely having a discussion about governmental framework.
John Preacher

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

God has began to reveal the truth about the last days and the rise of the Antichrist, who will be the Islamic Savior- Imam Madhi. Please read this free book and distribute it to as many as possible:

www.lulu.com/spotlight/islamic_antichrist

www.sharepdfbooks.com/HANMQ56EZYWI/The_Islami...
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, you stated that it is applicable I am asking you for the facts.
Please don't make me go back and make you eat your words.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist
United States
Reply »
|#42541 22 hrs ago

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to understand at all. The people of the US gave their federal government limited power reserving all other governmental power to the states and themselves. That's called the 10th Amendment. CT used that reserved power to offer social services. CT did not need for Congress to grant them the power. The people reserved that power to the states, including CT.

You replied
But Connecticut can only do what is expressed in the Constitution, and can't do what is expressly prohibited.

----------

And my follow up was that if they can do what's in the constitution, and the people of CT have given the General Assembly in the constitution extremely broad powers, then the General Assembly can do just about anything, with the exception of the few prohibitions in Article One.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by legal politics? I am asking for facts not politics.
Well, we already tried that road but you bungled that so I moved on to politics.

You made some assertions about constitutions, and Eric and I showed that you were FOS.

At this point, rather than go round and round, it is about time to hang up.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
Voluntarist
United States
Reply »
|#42541 22 hrs ago
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to understand at all. The people of the US gave their federal government limited power reserving all other governmental power to the states and themselves. That's called the 10th Amendment. CT used that reserved power to offer social services. CT did not need for Congress to grant them the power. The people reserved that power to the states, including CT.
You replied
But Connecticut can only do what is expressed in the Constitution, and can't do what is expressly prohibited.
----------
And my follow up was that if they can do what's in the constitution, and the people of CT have given the General Assembly in the constitution extremely broad powers, then the General Assembly can do just about anything, with the exception of the few prohibitions in Article One.
What's facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable?
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/opinion/dow...
"Gov. Chris Christie, the fleece-wearing, order-barking Neptune of the Jersey Shore, was all over TV Tuesday, effusively praising the president for his luminous leadership on Hurricane Sandy, the same president he mocked last week at a Romney rally in Virginia as a naif groping to find “the light switch of leadership.”
On ABC, CBS and NBC, Christie hailed Obama as “outstanding.” On MSNBC, he said the president “has been all over this,” and on CNN, he called Obama “incredibly supportive.” The big guy even tweeted his thanks to the slender one.
Most astonishing of all, the New Jersey governor went on Fox News and spoke words rarely heard on that network:“I have to give the president great credit.”
“I spoke to the president three times yesterday,” Christie gushed.“He called me for the last time at midnight last night, asking what he could do.”
Christie also extolled FEMA, even though Romney has said it is “immoral” to spend money on federal disaster relief when the deficit is so big.
.....Just about the only criticism the president got on his storm stewardship was, amazingly enough, from “Heck of a Job, Brownie” Michael Brown, the FEMA chief during KatNY Timerina, who naturally thought Obama acted too quickly and efficiently..."
NY Times - quite a reliable source. Reliably liberal. You may not have noticed - but Christie Never Gushes. I think your writer got a little overly artistic with his description of the event. I saw it - he didn't gush.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ex-fema-d...
Former FEMA director Michael Brown, who was heavily criticized for the agency's failure to prepare for Hurricane Katrina, has criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.....
Brown is a dope. But it's not like you to provide out of context quotes..
Michael Brown criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.

In an interview with Denver Westword, Brown said, "One thing [President Obama's] gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [Hurricane Sandy] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in ... Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas? Why was this so quick?... At some point, somebody's going to ask that question."[
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Lecture 5

The Comprehensiveness of the Holy Prophet’s Life- Part-34

Prophet as a Teacher:

Let us look at the nature of the holy Prophet’s centre of learning at Madina. Was it like a school where only one kind of knowledge was imparted? Or was it like an all-round magnificent university where people from different countries and
different nations came and received knowledge and education according to their needs and capacity?

Compare this with what is known from the life history of Moses (Peace be upon him). All we have there is a few military officers and men, some judges and religious authorities. Look for what is known of Christ’s disciples. You will find no more than a few ascetics, roaming in the streets of Palestine.

But amongst those taught and trained by Prophet Muhammad, you will find such men of diverse accomplishments as the King of Abyssinia, Asmaha; the Chief of Ma’an, Farwah; the Chief of Himyr, Zulkala’a the Chief of Hamadan, Amer bin Shahr; the Yemeni Chief Firoz Dailmi and Markabud; and Omani Chief, Obaid and Ja

His students include men of the caliber of Bilal, Yasir Suhaib, Khabbab, Ammar and Abu Fukayha. There were also slave girls like Sumayyah, Lubaina, Zinnira, Nahdiyah and Umm-Obais. These men and women were the very symbol of the struggle for freedom against the powers of oppression.

Among the holy Prophet’s disciples, you will find kings, chieftains, the poor and the rich, the slaves and the masters, standing shoulder to shoulder in one row.

Prophet Muhammad’s education has produced great men of wisdom, scholars, leaders of men and rulers administering vast territories. In the forefront are Abu- Bakr Siddique, Umar Al-Farooq, Othman Ghani, Ali Al Murtadha and Mua’wia bin
Abu -Sufyan (May Allah be pleased with them all).

Their benign and just rule extended from east to west, from Africa to the borders of India, setting up examples of civil administration and establishing new social, political and legal orders. Their decisions based on fairness and wisdom made the Roman and Persian systems look ineffective and worthless, and buried them in the pages of history forever.

They have left such shining examples of fair, efficient and just rule that the whole history of mankind cannot match the standard set up by them.

(Contd.)
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, that perhaps was the funniest quote I have read in a while. Better than "binders full of woman.."
Its like Tony Hayward criticizing an oil spill recovery operation for being too agressive.
We'll give Seaside a chance to retract her reference....
Brown is now doing talk radio in Denver. I think that quote was lifted from his normal daily babble.
This reference??
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I thought it was pretty humorous when he said it 4 years ago.

Our OceanOrganizer-in-Chief
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What's facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable?
"But Connecticut can only do what is expressed in the Constitution, and can't do what is expressly prohibited."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
Voluntarist
United States
Reply »
|#42541 22 hrs ago
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You replied
----------
Who cares TOOL? We owe 18 trillion dollars....laws and amendments don't apply. Just pay your share TOOL
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares TOOL? We owe 18 trillion dollars....laws and amendments don't apply. Just pay your share TOOL
CT owes 18 trillion dollars? wow!
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
CT owes 18 trillion dollars? wow!
Now I know why my taxes are so high. Thank you.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to butt in anytime, but if you want us to consider a response other than scorn, my advice to you is to first read the posts and figure out what exactly we are discussing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min shinningelectr0n 1,085,027
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••