Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,681 - 38,700 of 68,944 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42440 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Note - it wasn't me complaining about roads and bridges. We have enough, thank you.
ARRA was used for many other projects other than roads and bridges. At least here in the northeast. Down where you are I think you guys were not as creative or welcoming. Again, you have my sympathies.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42441 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are 100% wrong, I do not worship the Constitution I merely use it to point out contradictions in government because at the end of the day it is this;
Government is just a bunch of men and women providing a service at the end of the barrel of a gun, if they were so interested in protecting your rights they wouldn't be the first ones to take them away.
Government has no consensual players, at least in the private sector you can pick and choose the services that you deem fit for your needs.
p.s. if you knew anything you would know that public schooling is in the Connecticut constitution.
But there are no citizens there are know states and there is no government, just men and women everything else is a fiction.
and where in the CT Constitution is snow removal, leaf pickup, recycling and garbage, fire safety, or ems?

Do have a shrine to your Constitution? Do you leave fruit?
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42442 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So many points, so little time.
Obama campaigned on refocusing on Afghanistan, and if you think we're out of Iraq..
Then when he got his chance to play president, his resume of community organizer skills failed him completely.
I believe in social justice. I don't believe in extorting money from someone else to support the causes I believe in. Let everybody marry whoever they want - gay or straight - it doesn't always work out, sometimes it does - their problem. Not my problem - unless they have or adopt kids and we end up supporting them.
As for Benghazi, if you are privy to any actual 'facts', please share. Believe me, this one isn't going away despite attempts at comparing it with birthers. Remember, nobody got killed over a birth certificate.
This one is going to end up much worse than fast'n'furious. Start connecting the dots.
Like I said, birtherism.

Lets face it - you hate Obama. Now that we got that over with....
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42443 Oct 29, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, sweetie!
"(Reuters)- Long famous for its top-notch highways and passion for cars, the United States is letting bridges rust as traffic chokes overburdened roads, threatening a pillar of its economic strength...
....The United States has fallen sharply in the World Economic Forum's ranking of national infrastructure systems. In the forum's 2007-2008 report, American infrastructure was ranked 6th best in the world.
The 2011-2012 report due in September will show America at No. 16, with South Korea overtaking the United States during the last year, according to a copy of the rankings obtained by Reuters.
The quality of American roads is about on par with those of Malaysia. They lag Hong Kong, whose infrastructure tops the overall list..."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/16/uk-...
Dont forget that CT is home to 2 of the most spectacular bridge failures in American history - both over the I95 corridor

I95 Mianus Bridge in the 80s - of course you remember that - you were probably living 1 mile away

Bridgeport I95 Bridge - 2002 or 2003 - though that failure was hastened by a burning truck if I recollect
Rtloder

Saint Marys, Australia

#42444 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The Benghazi political furor reminds me a lot of birtherism for its lack of proper perspective, and for the willful ignorance of any fact to the contrary of the issue.
As far as Afghanistan goes, might us remind you that this was not Obamas war in the first place? And who bungled it by invading a second country for, in retrospect, no valid reason?
People including him, Bush, used to say God made him do it, now Obama after paying the enemy not to attack, has to support the terrorism of the enemy to try
to get Saddam Hussein back again.
Now other people who have never been
to the middle east are saying, it was God that made him do it.
Voluntarist

United States

#42445 Oct 29, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"But it is also THE FOUNDATION of government."
More like the reflection of our thoughts and values at the time.
It isn't holy scripture.
Conditions are fluid.
False

Hierarchy of law.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42446 Oct 29, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
frij
is this true?
Dunno - the jesus thing is that other religion, not mine

:)
Voluntarist

United States

#42447 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So many points, so little time.
Obama campaigned on refocusing on Afghanistan, and if you think we're out of Iraq..
Then when he got his chance to play president, his resume of community organizer skills failed him completely.
I believe in social justice. I don't believe in extorting money from someone else to support the causes I believe in. Let everybody marry whoever they want - gay or straight - it doesn't always work out, sometimes it does - their problem. Not my problem - unless they have or adopt kids and we end up supporting them.
As for Benghazi, if you are privy to any actual 'facts', please share. Believe me, this one isn't going away despite attempts at comparing it with birthers. Remember, nobody got killed over a birth certificate.
This one is going to end up much worse than fast'n'furious. Start connecting the dots.
Great!
So I don't have to pay for your "war on terror "?
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42448 Oct 29, 2012
Former -

How goes the storm? So far we have gotten the winds - will probably loose power at some point. Our governor told the cities to implement Cat 4 disaster plans. They are evacuating everything below Post Road in a lot of places, inc Bridgeport.(No worries here - I am well above).

BTW I succumbed to the hype yesterday and bought another pack of AA batteries. So much for a battery shortage - at the podunk supermarket there were about a dozen displays of them - all selling well with more in store. I left thinking the storm was just a conspiracy by Energizer to sell stock.(Now looking outside - I am not so sure about that)

Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42449 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
False
Hierarchy of law.
How can you just ignore the legal debate within between the literalists and everyone else? Denial is not an acceptable strategy - you would be laughed out of a law school classroom.
Voluntarist

United States

#42450 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and where in the CT Constitution is snow removal, leaf pickup, recycling and garbage, fire safety, or ems?
Do have a shrine to your Constitution? Do you leave fruit?
The much abused promote the general welfare clause.
Voluntarist

United States

#42451 Oct 29, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
People including him, Bush, used to say God made him do it, now Obama after paying the enemy not to attack, has to support the terrorism of the enemy to try
to get Saddam Hussein back again.
Now other people who have never been
to the middle east are saying, it was God that made him do it.
Crazy isn't it?
Shameful that the us government is responsible for 9/11.
Voluntarist

United States

#42452 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Former -
How goes the storm? So far we have gotten the winds - will probably loose power at some point. Our governor told the cities to implement Cat 4 disaster plans. They are evacuating everything below Post Road in a lot of places, inc Bridgeport.(No worries here - I am well above).
BTW I succumbed to the hype yesterday and bought another pack of AA batteries. So much for a battery shortage - at the podunk supermarket there were about a dozen displays of them - all selling well with more in store. I left thinking the storm was just a conspiracy by Energizer to sell stock.(Now looking outside - I am not so sure about that)
Preparation for martial law plans, this is a dry run, Bridgeport mayor bitching that people aren't leaving their homes to go to shelter.
Next the nanny will be telling you that you have to leave.
Voluntarist

United States

#42453 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you just ignore the legal debate within between the literalists and everyone else? Denial is not an acceptable strategy - you would be laughed out of a law school classroom.
There is no legal debate in regards to hierarchy of law, what are you babbling about?
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42454 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Preparation for martial law plans, this is a dry run, Bridgeport mayor bitching that people aren't leaving their homes to go to shelter.
Next the nanny will be telling you that you have to leave.
This is not a dry run. FEMA already opened up their camps with a special accomodation just for you.(You get a pillow mint and your own butterfly net)
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42455 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The much abused promote the general welfare clause.
I agree. You abuse not only the Constitution but reason and logic as well.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42456 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont forget that CT is home to 2 of the most spectacular bridge failures in American history - both over the I95 corridor
I95 Mianus Bridge in the 80s - of course you remember that - you were probably living 1 mile away
Bridgeport I95 Bridge - 2002 or 2003 - though that failure was hastened by a burning truck if I recollect
My brother was on I95 in G'ch that night. I was already down here but remember it well. Much traffic in Route 1 (detour) thru town for a long time.

I think I remember the burning truck too. We had of them down here too - did a lot of damage.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42457 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno - the jesus thing is that other religion, not mine
:)
Oh...right!

I get confused sometime.

;)
former res

Broomall, PA

#42458 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, birtherism.
Lets face it - you hate Obama. Now that we got that over with....
There's a lot of racism down south.

I'm just sayin.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42459 Oct 29, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother was on I95 in G'ch that night. I was already down here but remember it well. Much traffic in Route 1 (detour) thru town for a long time.
I think I remember the burning truck too. We had of them down here too - did a lot of damage.
I had also driven over the Mianus Bridge a few hours earlier coming home from a Simon & Garfunkel concert in the Meadowlands (those were the days, huh?). The bridge collapsed near dawn during a low traffic time, which saved lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min James 68,351
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min PDUPONT 1,099,852
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 2 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 2 hr minluo 2
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••