Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,116
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42420 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start counting the dead from the Iraq war including the needless killing of Iraqis shall we?
IT's OBAMA.....Republicans charged a war in Iraq over 1 trillion. Americans will not forget that. When you forget, neglect your most precious resources...the people....a nation falls in decline. We have over 400 bridges in this country falling piece by piece. We are a nation in decline because of Republicans. FK our democracy when we forget our own. Tools
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#42421 Oct 28, 2012
Lecture 5

The Comprehensiveness of the Holy Prophet’s Life- Part-31

Why Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a Role Model?(Contd)

About forty years back, Hassan Ali, a well known teacher and preacher of Islam used to bring out a magazine from Patna (India) called the “Light of Islam”. He has quoted some remarks in his magazine, from one of his non-Muslim friends. This friend, a well-educated Hindu, once said to him,“I consider your Prophet the greatest and most perfect personality ever to have lived in this world.”

Hassan Ali asked him, How do you compare our Prophet (Peace be upon him) with Jesus (Peace be upon him). He said, compared to Muhammad, Jesus seems to me like an innocent little child talking sweetly in front of a great sage.” Then he asked him,‘why do you consider the Prophet of Islam the most perfect man in human history’ He said that he saw in his life such conflicting and diverse qualities present at the same time as have never been combined into one single personality.

He was a king who had absolute power over a vast country like Arabia and yet displayed such humbleness as if he had no power even on his own self and was totally dependent upon Allah. He was so wealthy that camel-loads of treasures were coming into his capital as a tribute and yet in his own house no fire was lit for months together, and he went without food for days. He was a military commander of such caliber that he would enter into a battle with a handful of men against thousands of well equipped, armoured enemy and come out victorious.

And yet he was so peace loving that when he had under his command thousands of warriors, who would gladly give up their lives for him, he signed a peace treaty without hesitation. He was so courageous that he would face thousands of enemies all alone and yet so kind-hearted that he did not shed the blood of a single human being with his own hand.

So mindful of human ties that he would care for the well- being of his family, his countrymen, the poor and the needy, and would worry himself to death for the salvation of the whole human race. But when he stood in prayer before Allah, it seemed that he had known no one but Him. He never took revenge for himself, even from those who called him names and persecuted him.

He forgave his worst personal enemies and wished them well. But he never forgave those who were Allah’s enemy and stood in the way of spreading the Truth. He always warned them of the torture of Hell and God’s wrath. Just when we think he is a fighting swordsman, he appears to be a hermit who stands in prayer all night long. We look at him in awe as a great conqueror but at the same time he appears before us as the innocent Messenger of Allah.

We want to call him the emperor of Arabia, but find him sifting on a humble mat made from the date-palm leaves. There comes a time when the courtyard of his mosque in Madinah is piled up with spoils of war from all over Arabia, yet in his own home his children are starving. And when the prisoners of war are being distributed over other Muslim households, his own daughter Fatima (May Allah be pleased with her) returns home empty handed though her hands are blistered and her body is scarred as a result of vigorous household chores.

Half of Arabia has submitted to him, but when his companion Umar visits him, he finds him lying on a coarse mat which has left its marks on his bare shoulders. In a corner he finds a handful of barley and an empty jar hanging from a hook. Umar’s eyes are filled with tears at this austerity and self-denial.

When he’s asked why he is crying, he says,“O Messenger of Allah! Can there be a greater reason for my crying? The emperors of the Persian and the Roman Empire are living in luxuries while you, the Prophet of Allah, live in such poverty”

The Prophet says,“Umar! Aren’t you pleased to know that their lot is this temporary world and we are to get the eternal bliss in the Hereafter?’

(Contd.)
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42422 Oct 28, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
IT's OBAMA.....Republicans charged a war in Iraq over 1 trillion. Americans will not forget that. When you forget, neglect your most precious resources...the people....a nation falls in decline. We have over 400 bridges in this country falling piece by piece. We are a nation in decline because of Republicans. FK our democracy when we forget our own. Tools
You don't appear too neglected. Obama's unemployment has increased in all sectors of society, especially in his pet groups. The stimulus should've rebuilt thousands of bridges. It's the economy stupid.

" Recovery.gov counted and the amount of jobs stimulus created under 751,000.... In the areas that saw gains, most of them were because of government jobs.... workers make 60% more than the private sector and four times as much in benefits"

..like we need more government employees.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42423 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are really showing your ignorance here, State government only operates by powers granted by the state constitution, as well as municipalities.
Are you on something?
You try to sound smug,
but the REALITY is that if providing a safety net to the less fortunate OR snow removal OR public schooling to the rest of us is unconstitutional,
then how come noone has SUCCESSFULLY sued state or local government (or even the federal government for that matter) for being unconstitutional?

You are a loon. You worship the constitution as if it is a deity.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42424 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>You don't appear too neglected. Obama's unemployment has increased in all sectors of society, especially in his pet groups. The stimulus should've rebuilt thousands of bridges. It's the economy stupid.
" Recovery.gov counted and the amount of jobs stimulus created under 751,000.... In the areas that saw gains, most of them were because of government jobs.... workers make 60% more than the private sector and four times as much in benefits"
..like we need more government employees.
Again, I dont know what woods you live in, but in our area the impacts in infrastructure and jobs because of the ARRA is obvious and apparent. Maybe you should move to a better area.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42425 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I figured you would go there, so here's a time capsule for you to consider if you really think he's on your side, or that Romney's on my side. I have a personal agenda - the economy and that we don't end up like Europe, and that when we have Americans anywhere, they get backup when they need it.
http://stpeteforpeace.org/obama.html
One tidbit: more than twice as many Americans have been killed in Afghanistan during Obama four years than Bush eight years.
I have stated this before. The facts, distilled to their essence, is that
1. Obama represents my value system more than Romney does.(health care, marriage equality, middle class issues)

2. I know what I am getting with Obama (as Volunteerist pointed out it is insane to assume anything will really change)

3. Romney advisors appear to be scary neocons (we saw that movie already), and he pandered too far to the right to make me comfortable

4. The last four years I actually didnt do so bad economically. Nor did so most in my region.(I am in small business too!)

Of course I am going to vote for the guy who MORE closely reflects my value system. Self interest.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42426 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I figured you would go here:

One tidbit: more than twice as many Americans have been killed in Afghanistan during Obama four years than Bush eight years.
The Benghazi political furor reminds me a lot of birtherism for its lack of proper perspective, and for the willful ignorance of any fact to the contrary of the issue.

As far as Afghanistan goes, might us remind you that this was not Obamas war in the first place? And who bungled it by invading a second country for, in retrospect, no valid reason?
Voluntarist

United States

#42427 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You try to sound smug,
but the REALITY is that if providing a safety net to the less fortunate OR snow removal OR public schooling to the rest of us is unconstitutional,
then how come noone has SUCCESSFULLY sued state or local government (or even the federal government for that matter) for being unconstitutional?
You are a loon. You worship the constitution as if it is a deity.
Actually you are 100% wrong, I do not worship the Constitution I merely use it to point out contradictions in government because at the end of the day it is this;
Government is just a bunch of men and women providing a service at the end of the barrel of a gun, if they were so interested in protecting your rights they wouldn't be the first ones to take them away.
Government has no consensual players, at least in the private sector you can pick and choose the services that you deem fit for your needs.
p.s. if you knew anything you would know that public schooling is in the Connecticut constitution.
But there are no citizens there are know states and there is no government, just men and women everything else is a fiction.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42428 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you got to the last sentence, I was going to suggest that the scarier or more bufoonish candidate sells the most masks
I know. The last sentence is what gives me hope. "Forward"
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42429 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I dont know what woods you live in, but in our area the impacts in infrastructure and jobs because of the ARRA is obvious and apparent. Maybe you should move to a better area.
Note - it wasn't me complaining about roads and bridges. We have enough, thank you.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42430 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No way. I have no intent on dying.
Go into the light! It's warm and good in the light...
former res

Broomall, PA

#42431 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen retard, the Constitution is the foundation for Government, any power not granted is not authorized.
We aren't slaves to the Constitution.

Despite what Scalia says, it's a living document that exists to serve our needs, not vice versa.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42432 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the ruler that demanded payment by the half shekel, that is why JC was upset, government involved once again.
frij

is this true?
former res

Broomall, PA

#42433 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>...One tidbit: more than twice as many Americans have been killed in Afghanistan during Obama four years than Bush eight years.
You make no sense.

Look at troop levels.

http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/22/c...

Did you forget about the surge?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42434 Oct 29, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The Benghazi political furor reminds me a lot of birtherism for its lack of proper perspective, and for the willful ignorance of any fact to the contrary of the issue.
As far as Afghanistan goes, might us remind you that this was not Obamas war in the first place? And who bungled it by invading a second country for, in retrospect, no valid reason?
So many points, so little time.

Obama campaigned on refocusing on Afghanistan, and if you think we're out of Iraq..
Then when he got his chance to play president, his resume of community organizer skills failed him completely.

I believe in social justice. I don't believe in extorting money from someone else to support the causes I believe in. Let everybody marry whoever they want - gay or straight - it doesn't always work out, sometimes it does - their problem. Not my problem - unless they have or adopt kids and we end up supporting them.

As for Benghazi, if you are privy to any actual 'facts', please share. Believe me, this one isn't going away despite attempts at comparing it with birthers. Remember, nobody got killed over a birth certificate.

This one is going to end up much worse than fast'n'furious. Start connecting the dots.
Voluntarist

United States

#42435 Oct 29, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't slaves to the Constitution.
Despite what Scalia says, it's a living document that exists to serve our needs, not vice versa.
Indeed the constitution is subservient to the people, it is a declaration of some of the things the people deem as rights.
But it is also THE FOUNDATION of government.
The constitution of no authority is a good read, I didn't sign it and there is no evidence that it is applicable, of course there is no facts that prove that there are citizens and states either.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42437 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Note - it wasn't me complaining about roads and bridges. We have enough, thank you.
Wrong again, sweetie!

"(Reuters)- Long famous for its top-notch highways and passion for cars, the United States is letting bridges rust as traffic chokes overburdened roads, threatening a pillar of its economic strength...

....The United States has fallen sharply in the World Economic Forum's ranking of national infrastructure systems. In the forum's 2007-2008 report, American infrastructure was ranked 6th best in the world.

The 2011-2012 report due in September will show America at No. 16, with South Korea overtaking the United States during the last year, according to a copy of the rankings obtained by Reuters.

The quality of American roads is about on par with those of Malaysia. They lag Hong Kong, whose infrastructure tops the overall list..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/16/uk-...
former res

Broomall, PA

#42438 Oct 29, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed the constitution is subservient to the people, it is a declaration of some of the things the people deem as rights.
But it is also THE FOUNDATION of government.
The constitution of no authority is a good read, I didn't sign it and there is no evidence that it is applicable, of course there is no facts that prove that there are citizens and states either.
"But it is also THE FOUNDATION of government."

More like the reflection of our thoughts and values at the time.

It isn't holy scripture.

Conditions are fluid.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42439 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So many points, so little time.
Obama campaigned on refocusing on Afghanistan, and if you think we're out of Iraq..
Then when he got his chance to play president, his resume of community organizer skills failed him completely.
I believe in social justice. I don't believe in extorting money from someone else to support the causes I believe in. Let everybody marry whoever they want - gay or straight - it doesn't always work out, sometimes it does - their problem. Not my problem - unless they have or adopt kids and we end up supporting them.
As for Benghazi, if you are privy to any actual 'facts', please share. Believe me, this one isn't going away despite attempts at comparing it with birthers. Remember, nobody got killed over a birth certificate.
This one is going to end up much worse than fast'n'furious. Start connecting the dots.
" I don't believe in extorting money from someone else to support the causes I believe in."

Really?

Does this apply to military spending? Defense and support of Israel?
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42440 Oct 29, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Note - it wasn't me complaining about roads and bridges. We have enough, thank you.
ARRA was used for many other projects other than roads and bridges. At least here in the northeast. Down where you are I think you guys were not as creative or welcoming. Again, you have my sympathies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 51,264
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,870
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Earthling-1 49,238
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr johnplustwomore 1,154,314
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 4 hr Mover 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance