Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,257
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#41835 Oct 11, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at June 2008 where gas was at a high, yet profit was not.
irrelevant, there are times where prices were lower and profits were lower, accounting tricks in every trade.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41836 Oct 11, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and it looks like most petroleum IS still fossil based, but the idea that some of it might not be opens some VERY interesting possibilities for the future. We might not need to worry about peak oil, after all.
<quoted text>
Artificial oil in the future?
Methane, of which we have huge extiction events amounts, is better of as petroleum.
But indeed we need to get to less poluting energy sources.

Watched Biden-Ryan tonight.

Biden forgot to score on Wisconsin.
The only state where unemployment is up.
Why? Because the extreme conservative republican governor fired half the administration!

Got more clearity on the 47 % scrounchers. Ryan 30 % are takers. Who indeed payed more income-tax than Romney ever payed in federal taxes and are the life of any country, the job generators. Which are basicly old middleclass-people or soldiers exempt from paying tax, for the most part.

A good moderator. And Biden was just as obnoxious and astute (jumping on more malarkey from Ryan) as mister Romney was without cause in the debate with the president.
Romney should not become president. Within 24 hours he offended America's staunched ally, i.e. Great Britain, as was stupid beyond, by announcing to the world that he had just had a meeting with the British Intelligence Agency c.q. secutiry council.
I know Americans do not care, but he would be dangerous.
It shows a car sales man that enjoys his crawl up, but without the khow-how to deal with any foreign politics and security issues.

A few weeks ago he announced: We are going to conquer America.
Today Ryan informed us how: We are going to cut 120,000 marines.
It's meant in the sense of cutting funding, but combined it makes a strange picture.

Any plans in other areas: secret or not known ...we are going to go bi-partizan. So they are going to make everything stroppy again.

If you vote repub and you are young your healthcare will undergo the same missery as the housing debacle.

Biden stated that whatever his private catholic pro-life ideas were, he did not feel that it should be imposed on people that have different views on life and different faiths.

I thought Ryan was a dirty player when he came with the example of a man loosing half his family in a car-accident. And this family father telling of the goodness of mister Romney to pay for the college-education of this mans son.
Biden lost his wife and daughter in a car crash and had to take care of two sons also! It was cheap, under the belt and mean.

And all 'facts' mentioned by Ryan, but maybe one or two, turned out to be wrong.
AGAIN.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#41837 Oct 12, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What references. He cites little or no references to support his lecture.
When he gave the lectures in 1925 there was no Internet and there were no web addresses. What he says is well known to Muslims and what he says about other religions is a common knowledge for people of those religions.

If you have some problem about any specific issue, feel free to ask.

Making such general comments is not correct.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41841 Oct 12, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When he gave the lectures in 1925 there was no Internet and there were no web addresses. What he says is well known to Muslims and what he says about other religions is a common knowledge for people of those religions.
If you have some problem about any specific issue, feel free to ask.
Making such general comments is not correct.
Back in the days before the internet (mid 1990s and before) one did footnotes and bibliography. Now we still do this with the internet, except we "link" to them.

Didnt you ever have to write a term paper in high school?

Maybe you should ponder what a well researched written work might do to your notion of "common knowledge".
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41842 Oct 12, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
irrelevant, there are times where prices were lower and profits were lower,
As well as the reverse (prices the highest and profits lowest)- essentially debunking your assertion that the oil "elites" (your term) want the highest of oil prices in order to maximize profits.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41843 Oct 12, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So now reducing security funding is a crazy idea? After all it was Mr.Obama who insisted that AlQaeda is on their heels and OBL is dead and GM is alive, and all is sweetness in the world? lol
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/...

Rep. Chaffetz says he "absolutely" voted to cut funding for embassy security

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) criticizes the handling of Libyan consulate security despite voting to cut embassy funding.

Rep. Chaffetz says,“I think what we’re going to hear is that we didn’t meet the basic, minimum standards required for a facility such as the one we had in Benghazi. And the request for more security personnel went unheeded, unanswered, and consequently, you know, you have the death of four Americans. We [have to] make sure that that doesn’t happen again in Libya. But we also [have to] make sure it doesn’t happen in other places around the world…. We [have to] get at the truth, but thus far it’s been a slippery attempt to try to get the truth because the White House and the Obama administration’s been very slow in giving us the facts.”

Later in the interview, CNN Anchor Soledad O’Brien asks,“Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?”

Chaffetz answers,“Absolutely. Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have… 15,0000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in touch economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

O’Brien responds,“Okay, so you’re prioritizing. So, when there are complaints that, in fact, that there was not enough security, you just said,‘absolutely,’ that you cut, you were the one to vote against to increase security for the State Department, which would lead directly to Benghazi. That seems like you’re saying you have a hand in the responsibility to this. The funding of the security? How am I wrong?”

Rep. Chaffetz says,“When you’re in Libya, after a revolution… you [have to] prioritize things. And what clearly didn’t happen is Libya was not a priority. I believe what I heard is that it’s because they wanted the appearance of normalization. That’s what they wanted. And that fit with Obama narrative moving forward.”
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41844 Oct 12, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
And all 'facts' mentioned by Ryan, but maybe one or two, turned out to be wrong.
AGAIN.
Doesnt Paul Ryan's facial expressions remind you of the character Pugsley Addams - the little boy in the Addams family?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pugsley.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pugsley_Addams
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41846 Oct 12, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and it looks like most petroleum IS still fossil based, but the idea that some of it might not be opens some VERY interesting possibilities for the future. We might not need to worry about peak oil, after all.
<quoted text>
Artificial oil in the future?
Probably. Didn't you think the original dinosaur oil idea was pretty whacky when it was first touted? I tried to imagine how many dead dinosaurs it would've taken to produce a gallon of gasoline. I suppose someone hss done it using junk math :)
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41847 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, reducing security to the state dept is a lousy idea in any era post Bush II.
I fail to see how we kept the Libya situation quiet. That is right wing propaganda.
Google Daryl Issa on the eve of his appointment to see what his intent is. He flat out admits he is using his bully pulpit to pester Obama. That is a waste of tax payer money by all definitions.
Can you provide a link to Issa's statement that he wants to 'pester Obama'. I'd like to the the context and the entire quote. The only pestering I came across was a statement that the State Dept told the consulate staff to 'quit pestering us about security'.

I would like to pester the administration about the Benghazi thing because I am Really Really ticked off about it. I can't do it myself - so good for Darrell Issa. That's why we have representatives.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41848 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/...
Rep. Chaffetz says he "absolutely" voted to cut funding for embassy security
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) criticizes the handling of Libyan consulate security despite voting to cut embassy funding.
Rep. Chaffetz says,“I think what we’re going to hear is that we didn’t meet the basic, minimum standards required for a facility such as the one we had in Benghazi. And the request for more security personnel went unheeded, unanswered, and consequently, you know, you have the death of four Americans. We [have to] make sure that that doesn’t happen again in Libya. But we also [have to] make sure it doesn’t happen in other places around the world…. We [have to] get at the truth, but thus far it’s been a slippery attempt to try to get the truth because the White House and the Obama administration’s been very slow in giving us the facts.”
Later in the interview, CNN Anchor Soledad O’Brien asks,“Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?”
Chaffetz answers,“Absolutely. Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have… 15,0000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in touch economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”
O’Brien responds,“Okay, so you’re prioritizing. So, when there are complaints that, in fact, that there was not enough security, you just said,‘absolutely,’ that you cut, you were the one to vote against to increase security for the State Department, which would lead directly to Benghazi. That seems like you’re saying you have a hand in the responsibility to this. The funding of the security? How am I wrong?”
Rep. Chaffetz says,“When you’re in Libya, after a revolution… you [have to] prioritize things. And what clearly didn’t happen is Libya was not a priority. I believe what I heard is that it’s because they wanted the appearance of normalization. That’s what they wanted. And that fit with Obama narrative moving forward.”
Isn't this the same as I was saying. Priorities. Funding cuts can be done to State, and many other departments as well. Priorities. Just because State decided that Chevy Volts were more vital than military security at our outposts, that isn't a reflection on Chaffetz. It's a condemnation of the loons in charge at State who are focused on style rather than substance.
former res

Broomall, PA

#41849 Oct 12, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You only end up with monopolies when government is in control.
The free market will root out unsafe foods,in a competitive environment you will have the best, safest food.
The government doesn't provide you with safe food.
Then why did Teddy Roosevelt (Republican) enact the Food Safety act?

Ever read any Upton Sinclair?

"He [Teddy R] stated "radical action must be taken to do away with the efforts of arrogant and selfish greed on the part of the capitalist." [7] The President was leery of aligning himself with Sinclair's politics and conclusions in The Jungle, so he sent Labor Commissioner Charles P. Neill and social worker James Bronson Reynolds, men whose honesty and reliability he trusted, to Chicago to make surprise visits to meat packing facilities. Despite betrayal of the secret to the meat packers, who worked three shifts a day for three weeks to clean the factories prior to the inspection, Neill and Reynolds were still revolted by the conditions at the factories and at the lack of concern by plant managers. Their oral report to Roosevelt tentatively supported Sinclair, failing only to substantiate the claim of workers falling into rendering vats and being left to be sold as lard.[16] Neill testified before Congress that they had reported only "such things as showed the necessity for legislation" and that he did not think it was also necessary to "praise things where they were worthy of praise."[17].........

Roosevelt submitted the Neill-Reynolds report to Congress on June 4, 1906.[20] Public pressure led to the passage of the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, which established the Bureau of Chemistry that would become the Food and Drug Administration in 1930."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle#Publi...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41850 Oct 12, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Methane, of which we have huge extiction events amounts, is better of as petroleum.
But indeed we need to get to less poluting energy sources.
Watched Biden-Ryan tonight.
Biden forgot to score on Wisconsin.
The only state where unemployment is up.
Why? Because the extreme conservative republican governor fired half the administration!
Got more clearity on the 47 % scrounchers. Ryan 30 % are takers. Who indeed payed more income-tax than Romney ever payed in federal taxes and are the life of any country, the job generators. Which are basicly old middleclass-people or soldiers exempt from paying tax, for the most part.
A good moderator. And Biden was just as obnoxious and astute (jumping on more malarkey from Ryan) as mister Romney was without cause in the debate with the president.
Romney should not become president. Within 24 hours he offended America's staunched ally, i.e. Great Britain, as was stupid beyond, by announcing to the world that he had just had a meeting with the British Intelligence Agency c.q. secutiry council.
I know Americans do not care, but he would be dangerous.
It shows a car sales man that enjoys his crawl up, but without the khow-how to deal with any foreign politics and security issues.
A few weeks ago he announced: We are going to conquer America.
Today Ryan informed us how: We are going to cut 120,000 marines.
It's meant in the sense of cutting funding, but combined it makes a strange picture.
Any plans in other areas: secret or not known ...we are going to go bi-partizan. So they are going to make everything stroppy again.
If you vote repub and you are young your healthcare will undergo the same missery as the housing debacle.
Biden stated that whatever his private catholic pro-life ideas were, he did not feel that it should be imposed on people that have different views on life and different faiths.
I thought Ryan was a dirty player when he came with the example of a man loosing half his family in a car-accident. And this family father telling of the goodness of mister Romney to pay for the college-education of this mans son.
Biden lost his wife and daughter in a car crash and had to take care of two sons also! It was cheap, under the belt and mean.
AGAIN.
rabbee: income tax did not make, this nation great. it began as, an early twenteth century novelty. for more than 150 years, there was no income tax. no taxation without representation, forbid them from taxing everyone. because they cannot represent, everyones religious beliefs. not without altering and compromising, and corrupting your religious beliefs. and by forming a secular established, religion of the antiG-D beasts.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41851 Oct 12, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Can you provide a link to Issa's statement that he wants to 'pester Obama'. I'd like to the the context and the entire quote. The only pestering I came across was a statement that the State Dept told the consulate staff to 'quit pestering us about security'.
I would like to pester the administration about the Benghazi thing because I am Really Really ticked off about it. I can't do it myself - so good for Darrell Issa. That's why we have representatives.
A signal of the coming conflict: Issa says he regrets calling Obama "one of the most corrupt presidents in modern times" -- he meant to refer to the Obama administration in general.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/communities/th...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/448...
----------
Its clear to anyone following his office that he is highly partisan.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41852 Oct 12, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't this the same as I was saying. Priorities. Funding cuts can be done to State, and many other departments as well. Priorities. Just because State decided that Chevy Volts were more vital than military security at our outposts, that isn't a reflection on Chaffetz. It's a condemnation of the loons in charge at State who are focused on style rather than substance.
Yes, but priorities dont live in a vacuum. The Republicans on one hand can't claim that Obama is being soft on diplomatic security while simulataneously voting to cut EXACTLY that.

Kind of like when Biden chided Ryan last night for being anti-stimulus but still drinking in it when given the opportunity.

Hypocrasy.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41853 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but priorities dont live in a vacuum. The Republicans on one hand can't claim that Obama is being soft on diplomatic security while simulataneously voting to cut EXACTLY that.
Kind of like when Biden chided Ryan last night for being anti-stimulus but still drinking in it when given the opportunity.
Hypocrasy.
rabbee: if priorities don't live, in a vacuum. then how come, they all suck?

throwing money at stuff, don't solve any antiG-D problems. all they are doing in washington, is to dig a deeper antiG-D hole to burry us all in. i did not work in the secular communist ussr, and it still won't work here.

being against G-D, you are guarenteed to fail. you should not of allowed, the us government to establish their antiG-D, religion of the beasts for your school children. that really pisses G-D off, doing that. brainwashing your greatest gift from G-D, to be against HIM.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41854 Oct 12, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: if priorities don't live, in a vacuum. then how come, they all suck?
throwing money at stuff, don't solve any antiG-D problems. all they are doing in washington, is to dig a deeper antiG-D hole to burry us all in. i did not work in the secular communist ussr, and it still won't work here.
being against G-D, you are guarenteed to fail. you should not of allowed, the us government to establish their antiG-D, religion of the beasts for your school children. that really pisses G-D off, doing that. brainwashing your greatest gift from G-D, to be against HIM.
If there is an alternative to government, I am all ears.

But there isnt.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41855 Oct 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Teddy Roosevelt (Republican) enact the Food Safety act?
Ever read any Upton Sinclair?
"He [Teddy R] stated "radical action must be taken to do away with the efforts of arrogant and selfish greed on the part of the capitalist." [7] The President was leery of aligning himself with Sinclair's politics and conclusions in The Jungle, so he sent Labor Commissioner Charles P. Neill and social worker James Bronson Reynolds, men whose honesty and reliability he trusted, to Chicago to make surprise visits to meat packing facilities. Despite betrayal of the secret to the meat packers, who worked three shifts a day for three weeks to clean the factories prior to the inspection, Neill and Reynolds were still revolted by the conditions at the factories and at the lack of concern by plant managers. Their oral report to Roosevelt tentatively supported Sinclair, failing only to substantiate the claim of workers falling into rendering vats and being left to be sold as lard.[16] Neill testified before Congress that they had reported only "such things as showed the necessity for legislation" and that he did not think it was also necessary to "praise things where they were worthy of praise."[17].........
Roosevelt submitted the Neill-Reynolds report to Congress on June 4, 1906.[20] Public pressure led to the passage of the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, which established the Bureau of Chemistry that would become the Food and Drug Administration in 1930."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle#Publi...
rabbee yeah "the jungle" by sinclair, was a pretty disgusting book. you sure would not eat, any sasages after reading it. and thank G-D for, refridgerators with ice cube trays.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41856 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is an alternative to government, I am all ears.
But there isnt.
rabbee: believe in G-D, Worship G-D here and now in TheTorah. to encorage G-D, to recind all pestilence plague and famine sent to us. and give you with, HisGood Government with HIM.

but this is too simple, for any of you. since the only change required, is to actually believe in G-D. so that G-D can make, all your troubles go away here in TheTorah. national health, and economy is very dependant, on your belief or disbelief in G-D. i don't even believe in giving my neighbors antiG-D cancer, i believe in G-D in the here and now in Bereeshees again.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41857 Oct 12, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: believe in G-D, Worship G-D here and now in TheTorah. to encorage G-D, to recind all pestilence plague and famine sent to us. and give you with, HisGood Government with HIM.
but this is too simple, for any of you. since the only change required, is to actually believe in G-D. so that G-D can make, all your troubles go away here in TheTorah. national health, and economy is very dependant, on your belief or disbelief in G-D. i don't even believe in giving my neighbors antiG-D cancer, i believe in G-D in the here and now in Bereeshees again.
Proverbs 12:11

Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41858 Oct 12, 2012
This one's for you MUQ...

On Tuesday Malala Yousufzai was shot in the head and neck by Pakistani Taliban as she rode the bus to school. The gunmen asked Malala's name before shooting her, targeting her because she has publicly championed the right of girls to be educated.

While Malala is still in a critical condition in hospital, Taliban spokesmen have promised to target her again if she survives. "Any female that, by any means, plays a role in the war against mujahideen should be killed," said one Taliban member.

The Taliban explained that they shot her because of her blog for the BBC about girls' education, which they called "an obscenity" that promoted "anti-Taliban" ideas.
Hillary Clinton has strongly condemned the attack, and Pakistani officials have offered a 10-million rupee ($105,000) reward for information that leads to the arrest of the gunmen.

Malala's attack "challenges us to act," writes Laura Bush in a Washington Post op-ed. "Malala Yousufzai refused to look the other way. We owe it to her courage and sacrifice to do the same."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Portlandia 1,156,034
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min OzRitz 49,331
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Guru 182,102
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 4 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 5 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]