Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41760 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had a similar argument with my brother.
I know he doesn't read anything. But he does watch Fox News.
I told him to go to factcheck or politafact and fact check the RNC speeches and the debates - don't believe me.
But also please don't believe Fox!
But at a result, by virtue of their propagandish positions, Fox puts themselves in an interesting position as "must be true" everytime they DO criticize the Romney campaign.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41761 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama team needs to get off the Big Bird issue.
It's too much gimmick and not enough substance.
Though I understand the temptaion to exploit it.
Dissing PBS is old news.

Dissing Nickoledeon is another thing altogether (Breaking tradition - Romney refuses to meet with Nickolodean kids / Obama in response invites them to WH)).
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41762 Oct 10, 2012
http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20121010/E...

The Republican presidential candidate skipped the chance to take part in Nickelodeon’s “Kids Pick the President” special that includes President Barack Obama, said Linda Ellerbee, the show’s host and executive producer. The decision “disses” children, she said.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41763 Oct 10, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know facts have a liberal bias ;-)
Originally I was against Romney because I was in opposition to most of his positions as a "severe conservative". But a while back I became more offended at his flip flops and his disdain for the use of facts in general, and I think that motivates me more to express my opposition to him than his supposed political views.
former res

Broomall, PA

#41764 Oct 10, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Not my experience at all. The refi was easy as pie for me.
Ours went smoothly enough.(They asked for a written explanation of a disputed credit card charge from 2009!)

I think as I get older, I have a lower tolerance for clerical tasks, red tape etc.

That's why all my bills are on auto-pay.

I write very few checks. A book of checks lasts me forever.

My goal is to pay cash for the next house.

Once Mitt takes away the home mortgage deduction.....why not?
former res

Broomall, PA

#41765 Oct 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But at a result, by virtue of their propagandish positions, Fox puts themselves in an interesting position as "must be true" everytime they DO criticize the Romney campaign.
I know. Though less so after the debate.

Their own anaylyst/columnist pointed out Ryan's lies in his RNC speech.

"On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/pau...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41766 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had a similar argument with my brother.
I know he doesn't read anything. But he does watch Fox News.
I told him to go to factcheck or politafact and fact check the RNC speeches and the debates - don't believe me.
But also please don't believe Fox!
Once, I was debating someone about the alleged liberal biases in the mainstream media. I asked, if what they were saying were factually and contextually accurate, then is is still biased just because it doesn't align with your conservative perspective. After a long pause, the answer was yes...<face-palm>
endtimeNews

AOL

#41767 Oct 10, 2012

FALSE PROPHET in plain view --------- ID'd

&fe ature=plcp

Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41768 Oct 10, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Once, I was debating someone about the alleged liberal biases in the mainstream media. I asked, if what they were saying were factually and contextually accurate, then is is still biased just because it doesn't align with your conservative perspective. After a long pause, the answer was yes...<face-palm>
Its bizzare. The thought process seems to be "since my views are rooted in opinion and spin and not fact, therefore everyone else's views have to be as well"
former res

Broomall, PA

#41769 Oct 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dissing PBS is old news.
Dissing Nickoledeon is another thing altogether (Breaking tradition - Romney refuses to meet with Nickolodean kids / Obama in response invites them to WH)).
Anyone who would strap his dog to the roof probably doesn't like kids either.

:)
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41770 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who would strap his dog to the roof probably doesn't like kids either.
:)
During the debate, he did cite his own (grownup) kids as examples of liars

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#41771 Oct 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a worry anymore!!! Future President Romney said yesterday that he wants to give sanctions a chance, since they seem to be working. And he also akes if you could you please delete his earlier comments (the day before) saying that he wanted a forceful response. And not to trust the Obama guy - because he is untrustworthy towards Jews (I beleve his words was "throw them under the bus".
Future President Romney, an icon of steadwarthiness, would NEVER change his view and throw anyone under the bus.
And I heard this morning that he is now saying that he will not attempt to push any anti-abortion legislature...

Politician in election mode: say or do anything to win the vote.
Voluntarist

United States

#41772 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If that phony baxtard gets elected I'm going crawl back into the same hole I was for the 8 years of W's reign.
Obama double crossed the elites by stopping the oil pipeline from coming through Canada, that is why they made mittens spank Obama at the last debate.
Obama is history if he continues to double cross the oil barons.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41773 Oct 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama double crossed the elites by stopping the oil pipeline from coming through Canada, that is why they made mittens spank Obama at the last debate.
Obama is history if he continues to double cross the oil barons.
Incorrect.

He initially delayed it in order to allow the regulatory review process to pan out. During the preliminary review, it became clear that routing it over an aquifer zone was not environmentally sound or preferable, and the host states themselves were not thrilled about the route either.

The oil companies were fine with this, because they knew that a reroute was feasible, so they played along.

However, the Republicans needed a wedge issue, so they tried to force Obama to make a decision on it asap (even though the Oil Companies consultants needed time it order to plan the reroute).

So Obama called the Republicans bluff and "denied" the pipeline on the grounds on insufficient information. Meanwhile the planning of the reroute continued. And Obama announced a few days ago, that when the reroute advances to proposal form, he will instruct the Agencies to review it and probably approve it.

So it is much ado about nothing. Unless you are a republican politician looking to make hay.

Does all this complexity make your two brain cells want to burst?
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41774 Oct 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Cinton was the one who left the budget surplus.
I think you mean this guy:
"Ownership society is a slogan for a model of society promoted by former United States President George W. Bush. It takes as lead values personal responsibility, economic liberty, and the owning of property..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_societ...
But you missed a relative point 'personal responsibility'- in other words, if you can't afford to own and maintain a home...
The facet of this 'society' we were discussing was home ownership which rose when a democrat congress pressured lenders to make risky loans. That started under Clinton.

The only reason Clinton ended up with a surplus is because the house was Republican. Somehow we avoided HillaryCare during the same time period.

BushCare was bashed because it didn't pay EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY.
If anyone thinks that the insurance companies aren't going to come out on top with whoever's grandiose health care plan, they are living under a mushroom.
Eric

Geneva, IL

#41775 Oct 10, 2012
MINGORA, Pakistan – A Taliban gunman walked up to a bus taking children home from school in Pakistan's volatile Swat Valley on Tuesday and shot and wounded a 14-year-old activist known for championing the education of girls and publicizing atrocities committed by the Taliban, officials said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/10/09/talib...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/10/09/talib...
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41776 Oct 10, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And I heard this morning that he is now saying that he will not attempt to push any anti-abortion legislature...
Politician in election mode: say or do anything to win the vote.
I believe his full position has been stated, he's prolife and would not promote legislative measures to enforce his views. He would put forth nominees to the Supreme Court that represent his views, as every president in the past has done. No big surprises or conspiracies here. Probably the news outlet you caught this on didn't present the whole story - no big surprise here either.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41777 Oct 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
He initially delayed it in order to allow the regulatory review process to pan out. During the preliminary review, it became clear that routing it over an aquifer zone was not environmentally sound or preferable, and the host states themselves were not thrilled about the route either.
The oil companies were fine with this, because they knew that a reroute was feasible, so they played along.
However, the Republicans needed a wedge issue, so they tried to force Obama to make a decision on it asap (even though the Oil Companies consultants needed time it order to plan the reroute).
So Obama called the Republicans bluff and "denied" the pipeline on the grounds on insufficient information. Meanwhile the planning of the reroute continued. And Obama announced a few days ago, that when the reroute advances to proposal form, he will instruct the Agencies to review it and probably approve it.
So it is much ado about nothing. Unless you are a republican politician looking to make hay.
Does all this complexity make your two brain cells want to burst?
Or perhaps it was the beetle.
http://blog.newsok.com/energy/2012/08/01/beet...
Get more U-Hauls.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41778 Oct 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
During the debate, he did cite his own (grownup) kids as examples of liars
I didn't realize that Mr. Obama had adopted Jay Carney.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#41779 Oct 10, 2012
Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-20

Lecture 3. The Historic Aspect of Prophet Muhammad’s Life (Contd.)

Phases of Gathering Info.:

As a matter of fact there are three phases in which the work of gathering information about the holy Prophet’s life, his sayings, his traditions and his message, and its classification and recording was accomplished.

In the first phase every person gathered first hand information individually and compiled and preserved it personally. In the second phase data was collected from each city where the holy Prophet’s companions had spread. In the third phase, information was collected from all over the Muslim world, and arranged and recorded in the form of the present day books.

The first phase lasted about a hundred years (up to 100 AR). It corresponds to the period of the holy Prophet’s worthy companions and their senior disciples, the Tabi’een.

The second phase lasted up to 150 AH. It corresponds to the time of those scholars who received direct instruction from the Tabi’een.

The third phase extends to the third century of Al-Hijra which belongs to such eminent scholars of Islam as Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, lmam Tirmizi and Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (May Allah be pleased with them all)...

Muslims Criterion for Recording Info:

Muslims have set up a very strict and a very high standard of recording the biography of their holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) and have turned it into an art form. The first principle of this discipline was to record an event in the words of a person who was himself part of that event or had personally witnessed it.

If he was not an eye witness, he would record the names of all the persons narrating that particular event up to the person who were eyewitnesses to it. Then he would record personal information about everyone included in the chain of narration, This usually included such details as to the name of the reporters, who they were, what they did, what they were like, what their moral character was like, whether they were intelligent or not, whether they were trustworthy or unreliable, if they were superficial or given to deep thought, if they were well-versed in knowledge or simply ignorant etc.

It was extremely difficult to collect such minute and exact details about every person who had narrated a tradition. But thousands of dedicated Muslim scholars spent a lifetime compiling this information. They travelled from city to city only to meet personally a narrator of the holy Prophet’s traditions, gathering detailed
information about them.

Through their untiring research they were able to invent a new art form in Islamic literature known as Asma-ur-Rijal. Today it enables us to know the biographical details of over a hundred thousand people who took part in narrating a tradition of the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him)…

Abundance of Available Info:

However, what is still more amazing is the fact that all the information which formed the basis of the holy Prophet’s biography is available today. Muslim scholars have preserved every incident of his life along with their assessment of the status of the narrators whether he is to be considered authentic, reliable, wrong, right, not so reliable, strong or weak in his reporting of a particular event.

The whole data is there for anyone to sift through and judge every tradition’s truthfulness by applying the same strict rules the Muslim biographers have applied to tell the wrong from the right.

Gentlemen! These historical details and references might appear to you somewhat dull and painstaking because I have devoted a considerable amount of my lecture explaining these facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are democrats destroyed? 24 min DEAD 4 30 Years 5
Standing Ovation at Carnegie Hall. 30 min Kemo Sabbe 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 231,098
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Dudley 7,943
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr Dudley 1,459,051
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Laughing Out Loud 104,527
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Doug77 9,859

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages