Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,001 - 38,020 of 68,368 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Romney revives debunked point from the dust bin

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/822...

Mitt Romney revived a long-debunked GOP talking point Tuesday — the claim that the Obama administration is so overzealous in its quest to clean up pollution that it wants to regulate farm dust.

The Environmental Protection Agency has said repeatedly that it has no such plans. But that didn’t stop Romney from trotting out the rumor while outlining his agriculture policy in a speech at a family farm in Van Meter, Iowa.

“The regulatory burden under this administration has just gone crazy,” Romney said, adding later that administration officials “of course want to regulate dust.”......
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text> You shoud have been swallowed.
and you should of swallowed...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Big Bird’s Big Gay Love Story: From Birth to the 2012 Presidential Race

What if Romney and Obama, who’ve traded barbs about the beloved ‘Sesame Street’ character, discovered that the first Big Bird was the product of a profound partnership between two men that was in every way a marriage save by law? Michael Daly reports.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily - just that it will be a close election
Speaking of polls - this is interesting - basically it is contending that at the end of the day, Romney only got a few percent bump, thats all, bringing the race back to what it was before the Obama surge.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...
Yes...this is what I'm getting.

No so much that the debate put Romney ahead, but that it cut into Obama's lead.

The concern is that this becomes not just a bump, but a trend.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>,,,, What happened in the Clinton admin was the push to get everyone the 'right' to own their own home - a lovely idea. Unfortunately they couldn't afford to maintain them or pay for them. Everybody paid the price....
Cinton was the one who left the budget surplus.

I think you mean this guy:

"Ownership society is a slogan for a model of society promoted by former United States President George W. Bush. It takes as lead values personal responsibility, economic liberty, and the owning of property..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_societ...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was doing the same thing when he picked sides in Egypt and Libya...
Do you think we should make Bibi a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?

Let him have a vote as to when we go to war?
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Cinton was the one who left the budget surplus.
I think you mean this guy:
"Ownership society is a slogan for a model of society promoted by former United States President George W. Bush. It takes as lead values personal responsibility, economic liberty, and the owning of property..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_societ...
If I remember correctly, all of 10 years ago, the frenzy of homebuying started because of the lowering of the interest rates.

I bought right at the beginning of that, when interest rates were falling to the amazing rate of barely below 7%- can you imagine?

The interest rates were lowered to stimulate the economy, which was faultering as a shock response to 911, though it was starting to gasp in the months right before 911.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we should make Bibi a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
Let him have a vote as to when we go to war?
Not a worry anymore!!! Future President Romney said yesterday that he wants to give sanctions a chance, since they seem to be working. And he also akes if you could you please delete his earlier comments (the day before) saying that he wanted a forceful response. And not to trust the Obama guy - because he is untrustworthy towards Jews (I beleve his words was "throw them under the bus".

Future President Romney, an icon of steadwarthiness, would NEVER change his view and throw anyone under the bus.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Romney: Long way to go before Iran strike

Republican presidential candidate tells CNN extremely tight sanctions can hopefully prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapon, says US backs Israel both at UN and also militarily

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-429...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

JUne 19, 2012
http://www.thenation.com/blog/168478/romney-b... #

"I can assure you if I'm President, the Iranians will have no question but that I would be willing to take military action, if necessary, to prevent them from becoming a nuclear threat to the world. I don't believe at this stage, therefore, if I'm President, that we need to have war powers approval or a special authorization for military force. The President has that capacity now..."
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, all of 10 years ago, the frenzy of homebuying started because of the lowering of the interest rates.
I bought right at the beginning of that, when interest rates were falling to the amazing rate of barely below 7%- can you imagine?
The interest rates were lowered to stimulate the economy, which was faultering as a shock response to 911, though it was starting to gasp in the months right before 911.
If it were as simple as that there would be a frenzy of home buying now.

Not so easy to get a mortgage today. Though I've seen rates under 3%.

It was really the lowering of lending standards that lead to the housing crisis.

And the folks that did were made whole again.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a worry anymore!!! Future President Romney said yesterday that he wants to give sanctions a chance, since they seem to be working. And he also akes if you could you please delete his earlier comments (the day before) saying that he wanted a forceful response. And not to trust the Obama guy - because he is untrustworthy towards Jews (I beleve his words was "throw them under the bus".
Future President Romney, an icon of steadwarthiness, would NEVER change his view and throw anyone under the bus.
If that phony baxtard gets elected I'm going crawl back into the same hole I was for the 8 years of W's reign.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Romney: Long way to go before Iran strike
Republican presidential candidate tells CNN extremely tight sanctions can hopefully prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapon, says US backs Israel both at UN and also militarily
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-429...

This is him all over.

He and Ryan loudly critizize Obama's foreign policy, yet when closely questioned - they wouldn't do things that much differently.

Like their tax plan, it's all smoke and mirrors.

But the average low information idiot, likes the tone of what he is hearing. "Get President Blackenstein out of office." [credit to Bill Maher for name]

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were as simple as that there would be a frenzy of home buying now.
Not so easy to get a mortgage today. Though I've seen rates under 3%.
It was really the lowering of lending standards that lead to the housing crisis.
And the folks that did were made whole again.
I just recently refinanced to 2.75% fixed :-)

Supposedly, banks are getting tougher with those with less than stellar credit ratings. For the rest of us, there is a frenzy of refinancing going on.

In my area, home prices don't seem to have gone down much. Houses are still selling in my neighborhood at the same price range as during the peak.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
This is him all over.
He and Ryan loudly critizize Obama's foreign policy, yet when closely questioned - they wouldn't do things that much differently.
Like their tax plan, it's all smoke and mirrors.
But the average low information idiot, likes the tone of what he is hearing. "Get President Blackenstein out of office." [credit to Bill Maher for name]
Republicans are an interesting breed. I got into a heated debate with one last night.

I challenged him that he is stuck on ideology and would never vote democrat. He denied it. When pushed on how often he voted democrat, after much hemming and hawing, the answer was never.

When asked why he wouldn't vote for Obama, the answers were all Republican talking points straight out of the mouths of Fox, Limbaugh and the likes (many points of which were false and already debunked).

Not much you can do when they deny facts that don't fall in line with their narrative. How do you debate that?
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Supposedly, banks are getting tougher with those with less than stellar credit ratings. For the rest of us, there is a frenzy of refinancing going on.
In my area, home prices don't seem to have gone down much. Houses are still selling in my neighborhood at the same price range as during the peak.
They are getting tougher by requiring more forms and creating more hassle. When we refied last time we had to send the same dmn form in FOUR times b/c they kept loosing it. Whats keeping people is whether there house is underwater (most are close to that) and whether they want to avoid the PMI.

You probably live in one of the few hoods where it hasnt gone down.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are an interesting breed. I got into a heated debate with one last night.
I challenged him that he is stuck on ideology and would never vote democrat. He denied it. When pushed on how often he voted democrat, after much hemming and hawing, the answer was never.
When asked why he wouldn't vote for Obama, the answers were all Republican talking points straight out of the mouths of Fox, Limbaugh and the likes (many points of which were false and already debunked).
Not much you can do when they deny facts that don't fall in line with their narrative. How do you debate that?
You cant argue with people who deny facts. This is the first election were facts dont seem to matter. In past elections, politicians were equally mendacious, but we didnt have instant fact checking.

Now we have the fact checking, but a large percentage of people consciously dont seem to care.

Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If that phony baxtard gets elected I'm going crawl back into the same hole I was for the 8 years of W's reign.
This has the potential to be a whole lot worse than W.

In some ways, we could be excused for our nievety for the W years. But now we know exactly whats coming down the line - personality wise, and more importantly, we know the economic and social repurcussions.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Big Bird - Obama for America TV Ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you!

I refi'd a year ago at 4% and thought I was pretty damn lucky.

But I couldn't believe how many more hoops we had to jump through than the last time. Unbelievable scrutinty esp considering it was the same lender we had for many years - and two different houses.

Good neighborhoods tend to be hit last and least by downturns.

But there are news stories all the time about how hard it is to get mortgage loans. Which is the reason cited for homes still not moving as well as they should be given the low rates.

But yes, folks like us can get loans.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,079,226
Abby 7-24 6 min Sublime1 9
Amy 7-24 14 min boundary painter 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min boundary painter 4,546
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min andet1987 461
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min Terry rigsby 48,872
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,518
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 97,516
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••