Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,901)

Showing posts 38,001 - 38,020 of65,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MAAT wrote:
Romney to escalate conflict in the middle-east.
Let's arm those in Syria that are like us/share our value.(So 'we' can attack Iran from there.)
Where did we see that again.
They armed fatah, to see all the weapons go to Hamas.
Good thing it's the second tier peope that actually have the rules and policies in place.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/08/m...
Yes, Romney seems to be bringing back the Bush agenda - which makes a certain sense since many of his advisors are warmed over neo-cons from that era such as John Bolton. How anyone would want that again is beyond me.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was doing the same thing when he picked sides in Egypt and Libya, got out of Iraq and got into Iran. What's the point? Unfortunately, Obama picked the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt aka Al Qaeda instead of the secular elements which have become an endangered species in the entire region.
Some would say that Obama's 'values' more closely align with the MB. Not that I would - but some would.
Please provide evidence that Obama picked the Muslim brotherhood, and that his values reflect theirs.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
Obama might try an October surprise on Iran to win the election, war monger votes.
Cant be a suprise if everyone has been talking about it for the last six months.

Old news.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't participate in welfare or social security.
Nope. Not you. Never. And you never pay taxes (Except for sales, gas, utility, communication (phone) etc etc).

And as we can tell here, you even recycle your own sht.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-19

Lecture 3. The Historic Aspect of Prophet Muhammad’s Life (Contd.)

The written heritage of the TABEEIN Era:

Hisham bin Urwah, Qais bin Abi Hazim, Ata bin Abi-Ribah, Saeed bin Jubair and Abu Zunnad (May Allah be pleased with them all).

On IBN SHIHAB ZUHRI (One of many TABEEN):

Shihab Zuhri is considered to be one of the greatest authorities on the subject of the holy Prophet’s traditions and his biography. He is a true Imam of Hadith and Seerah. He used to write down each and every thing about the holy Prophet’s life.

Abu Zunnad says that while he and his colleagues noted and collected the Prophet’s rulings regarding only the lawful and the unlawful things, Zuhri would make a note of everything he learnt about the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him).

Ibn Kaisan says that he and Zuhri were fellow students. He says that he decided only to collect and write what concerned the holy Prophet because he considered only this knowledge as Sunnah (the holy Prophet’s tradition) Zuhri told him to write about the holy Prophet’s companions as well, because he regarded that information too as part of Sunnah. Ibn Kaisan says that he disagreed with Zuhri on that point. He says the result was disastrous for him, whereas Zuhri reached great heights of scholarship...

Imam Zuhri was born in the year 50 AH and died in 124 AH. His ancestors were Qureish, the same as the holy Prophet’s. He collected the holy Prophet’s sayings and traditions in their smallest details with extreme diligence, dedication and
care.

According to the historians he would go to every Ansari’s house in Madinah Munawwarah door to door and would talk to as many men, women, and children he could possibly meet, asking them if they knew any thing at all about the holy
Prophet (Peace be upon him).

only ambition and these dedicated men had given up every thing else in life for the sake of this noble work.

False Notion about Muslim’s Written Records:

There is a certain fallacy regarding the collection and classification of the
literature about the holy Prophet’s life, his sayings and traditions. It is believed that this work was begun by the Tabi’een. Their era lasted for about a hundred years. Since the Tabi’een’s era supposedly began a hundred years after the holy
Prophet’s death, it is concluded that the work about his life and mission was
begun a hundred years later.

Historically this is absolutely baseless. As has been said earlier, by definition a Tabi’ee is a person who did not receive direct instruction from the holy Prophet but saw his companions, the Companions, and learned from them. Some Tabi‘een were born in the holy Prophet’s lifetime but were too young to receive any education from him.

Others were born after his death (11 AH). They are all included in Tabi’een. Looking at it from this perspective we can say that the Tabi ‘een’s era began in or around 11 AH and it actually ended with the passing away of the last companion of the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) which is a period of about 100 years.

The end of this time meant the end of the Tabi’een’s period because to be called a Tabi’ee meant having seen one of the holy Prophet’s companions. Hence the work that actually began since the 11th year of AI-Hijra (the year of the holy Prophets death) cannot be deemed to have begun in the second century...

SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide evidence that Obama picked the Muslim brotherhood, and that his values reflect theirs.
His administration was calling for Mubarak to get out and supporting the uprising, and 'if' he didn't know that the opposition to Mubarak was primarily MB, then someone is not doing their job. Same story in Benghazi..who's in charge anyway?

And then there's Syria - no great outcry from the administration, nothing like when Egypt was erupting. And suppose they decide to support the anti-Bashan factions. Who the hell are they anyway? Does the administration know? Are they MB again masquerading as freedom fighters? We have a seriously dismal record (both parties) of backing the wrong people and then wondering wth went wrong. Perhaps Obama should attend more of his daily intel briefings in person instead of the cliff notes version - he is the president after all.(I hear he's begun attending since it came out that he cut out of 60% of them) I was just as hostile to previous admins that picked OBL to partner with.

I didn't say I believed his values are same as MB - but that some may say that. And some have, just not me.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MAAT wrote:
have a good one.
I'm at home with a jaw infection.
Apropos the faith of the king of Tyre, MUQ.
http://concordances.org/bdb/6938.htm
qedar and it's actual meaning
Northwest-arabia now/jordan, close to Nabatea, N.E.
bedouine, dark dressed.
http://concordances.org/bdb/6152.htm
arab- steppe plain western/evening flat land.
Comp. aravah
Ouch! Hope you feel better soon Maaty.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes it even scarier.
He sounds like a "cafeteria Christian."
Might as well put Huggybear in charge of science!
Um... ALL Christians are cafeteria Christians. The only way it is possible to believe Chrisitanity is by piclking and choosing some parts of the Bible to worship, and some to completely ignore.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
BTW my wife wants to vote for Mitt because according to him there is no global warming (She knows there IS such a warming but she likes the better idea of creating a new reality)
Sigh. If only it really were that easy...
jimi-yank

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You shoud have been swallowed.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>His administration was calling for Mubarak to get out and supporting the uprising, and 'if' he didn't know that the opposition to Mubarak was primarily MB, then someone is not doing their job. Same story in Benghazi..who's in charge anyway?

And then there's Syria - no great outcry from the administration, nothing like when Egypt was erupting. And suppose they decide to support the anti-Bashan factions. Who the hell are they anyway? Does the administration know? Are they MB again masquerading as freedom fighters? We have a seriously dismal record (both parties) of backing the wrong people and then wondering wth went wrong. Perhaps Obama should attend more of his daily intel briefings in person instead of the cliff notes version - he is the president after all.(I hear he's begun attending since it came out that he cut out of 60% of them) I was just as hostile to previous admins that picked OBL to partner with.
I didn't say I believed his values are same as MB - but that some may say that. And some have, just not me.
But the opposition wasnt primarily MB. The MB got elected because unlike the seculars, they already had the organization. But by numbers, they were not dominant. If you recall, initially they refused to get into the fight.

Most if not all of what goes on in Syria regarding support goes on quietly behind the scenes - so it is not even possible to cirtique our efforts because the exact details are not available.

Your earlier post implied his values were same as the MB. Ok - I'll accept your retraction. But now you are saying is is our fault that the MB took power. We cant control the rest of the world - its not Obamas or any other Western leader's fault about the Arab spring.

Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh. If only it really were that easy...
Get with the program. It IS that easy.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Romney revives debunked point from the dust bin

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/822...

Mitt Romney revived a long-debunked GOP talking point Tuesday — the claim that the Obama administration is so overzealous in its quest to clean up pollution that it wants to regulate farm dust.

The Environmental Protection Agency has said repeatedly that it has no such plans. But that didn’t stop Romney from trotting out the rumor while outlining his agriculture policy in a speech at a family farm in Van Meter, Iowa.

“The regulatory burden under this administration has just gone crazy,” Romney said, adding later that administration officials “of course want to regulate dust.”......
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text> You shoud have been swallowed.
and you should of swallowed...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Big Bird’s Big Gay Love Story: From Birth to the 2012 Presidential Race

What if Romney and Obama, who’ve traded barbs about the beloved ‘Sesame Street’ character, discovered that the first Big Bird was the product of a profound partnership between two men that was in every way a marriage save by law? Michael Daly reports.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily - just that it will be a close election
Speaking of polls - this is interesting - basically it is contending that at the end of the day, Romney only got a few percent bump, thats all, bringing the race back to what it was before the Obama surge.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...
Yes...this is what I'm getting.

No so much that the debate put Romney ahead, but that it cut into Obama's lead.

The concern is that this becomes not just a bump, but a trend.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>,,,, What happened in the Clinton admin was the push to get everyone the 'right' to own their own home - a lovely idea. Unfortunately they couldn't afford to maintain them or pay for them. Everybody paid the price....
Cinton was the one who left the budget surplus.

I think you mean this guy:

"Ownership society is a slogan for a model of society promoted by former United States President George W. Bush. It takes as lead values personal responsibility, economic liberty, and the owning of property..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_societ...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was doing the same thing when he picked sides in Egypt and Libya...
Do you think we should make Bibi a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?

Let him have a vote as to when we go to war?
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Cinton was the one who left the budget surplus.
I think you mean this guy:
"Ownership society is a slogan for a model of society promoted by former United States President George W. Bush. It takes as lead values personal responsibility, economic liberty, and the owning of property..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_societ...
If I remember correctly, all of 10 years ago, the frenzy of homebuying started because of the lowering of the interest rates.

I bought right at the beginning of that, when interest rates were falling to the amazing rate of barely below 7%- can you imagine?

The interest rates were lowered to stimulate the economy, which was faultering as a shock response to 911, though it was starting to gasp in the months right before 911.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we should make Bibi a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
Let him have a vote as to when we go to war?
Not a worry anymore!!! Future President Romney said yesterday that he wants to give sanctions a chance, since they seem to be working. And he also akes if you could you please delete his earlier comments (the day before) saying that he wanted a forceful response. And not to trust the Obama guy - because he is untrustworthy towards Jews (I beleve his words was "throw them under the bus".

Future President Romney, an icon of steadwarthiness, would NEVER change his view and throw anyone under the bus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,001 - 38,020 of65,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,034,859
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Sublime1 96,167
Abby 4-21 14 min ScarletandOlive 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Religionthebiglie 47,098
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 18 min BackTrack 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Mothra 43,054
Amy 4-21 39 min Pippa 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance